2 year old a reincarnated Hindu?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by maulacat, Jun 11, 2007.

1. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted last. I was getting pretty confused by all the past life stuff the last time I posted. I wonder if my son has briefly recalled details of several past lives and if this is what has meant some of the stuff he has come out with has seemed "mixed up". Anyway, the only things he has done since I last posted are as follows:-

Even when it's been cold, he's said on several occasions that he's really hot (he didn't have a temperature or feel warm to the touch when he's said this). Then he also wakes up in the night crying like he's had a nightmare and when I go in to see him, he always wants a drink. When I get him one he'll gulp it down like he's burning up (yet he'll have had a drink just before he went to bed). Quite often, he's got into bed during the day when we've been upstairs and said in a sad, serious tone "not well mummy, not well". It's wierd, it's like he's remembering being really ill, but whether that's a memory from this life or a past life, who knows. One other thing that he has done many times that is odd is, when he's walking down the stairs, he'll suddenly stop dead and a sad, serious look will come onto his face and he'll sit down and tell me he's "sad" and ask me to sit next to him. After I've given him his "moment", he'll be back to normal, smiling and running about! It's always on the stairs (he's never been told to sit on the stairs when he's been naughty by the way, we have a naughty chair instead of a naughty step :laugh:). So again, it really seems like he's remembering something. He still sometimes says that he wants to go home. He doesn't say the "sawa" word any more, but when I ask him what sawa is, he says "granddad". It was always my father that he called "sawa" the most. One other thing he's done, which may or may not be significant, is that we have some egyptian ornaments in our living room and he turns them so they all face in a certain direction (and all face the same direction). I'm not saying he was egyptian(!), but as these ornaments do look a bit like statues of deities, it made me wonder if maybe there's a religious significance in some religions as to which direction your god-statues face and if maybe he just had something in the back of his head that told him these figurines should be facing a certain way. Sounds a bit far-fetched I know, but just a theory! Finally, a couple of small, funny, yet slightly odd things that he's done recently are:- he's called me "mother" several times, which is wierd, because he's always previously called me "mama" or "mummy" and no-one else refers to me as his mother, just his mum or mummy, so I'm not sure where he's learnt it. Also (and this one's quite funny!), a few times when he's given me something he's referred to me as "love" (i.e. "there you go love")! My fiance doesn't call me "love" and no-one in family speaks like this, so again, I dont know where he's picked up such an adult kind of phrase!

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks for the update, Sonia. :)

Maybe you could ask him, why he is reorganising the ornaments? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rule in ancient Egypt or somewhere else that statues in a group had to face the same direction. You never know. ;)

That's funny with calling you "love". :D Are you from Britain? You are probably aware of this, but it's very common to call people "love" in Britain - I think much more common than in the US.

Karoliina

3. Believe2007

Believe2007 New Member

Direction of statues

Hi

Regarding your question about the direction of the statues...My mom always told me that the Statue of Ganesha should face the door of the room.The back of Ganesha should never be seen when u walk into the room. In hinduism, the east is considered an auspicious direction and the deities(sp?) should face east . However, I doubt if your son knows which way is east..or does he?

4. maulacat

maulacat New Member

I was shocked when I read that bit of your post - he does turn them so they're facing the door of the room! You wouldn't have been able to see their backs at any point, as their backs were up against the wall, but he has indeed made them face the door. I've moved them again to see if he rearranges them again and will let you know. As for whether they are facing east, I wouldn't have a clue, but I noticed they were doing cheap compasses in my local supermarket yesterday, so I might just buy one out of curiosity :laugh:! But if your door wasn't east and your statue had to face east, how would that work?! :confused:

5. Believe2007

Believe2007 New Member

Hi Maulacat,

Now Im confused too!:confused: Seriously though, I think the whole east thing only applies to the temple in the house , that is, when u set up the temple in your house, it should face the east.The direction thing is tough to follow even for staunch, religious Hindus since its almost impossible to have all the doors facing east.

After having read your post, I am pretty sure your son is doing the "God's back towards the wall and not towards the door" thing. Because, having lived in India, I know that having the God's back to the door is big No-No, since that kind of implies that God's back is turned on you. That is something that almost all Hindus know.

Have you tried showing him a statue of Ganesha purely for the purpose of PL recall? I wonder what his reaction would be?

Another thing I was thinking of was to try calling him "Beta" (like "Bait" with "aah" ) and see his reaction. Bcoz in India, moms often call their children that...although it strictly means "son", it is often used for girls also, like u would use "kid" in English. For instance, if wanted to call him to dinner say "Beta, come have your dinner". It is something so "Indian" that almost every Indian soul would recognize it.

6. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Thanks for the reply Believe2007.

I should have explained in my last post, but the statues actually always have their backs up against a wall because they're on top of a mantel piece thing on the wall, but my son turns them to face the door. So their backs are still to the wall, but they are at an angle, facing the door, if you see what I mean?!! Sorry, I'm rambling a bit now :laugh:! It's quite interesting that he makes them all face the same way quite precisely too, he doesn't just put them all at different angles, like a kid who was just "fiddling" with them would.

I will try the Beta thing in a little while and let you know whether I get a reaction or not! ;)

7. Believe2007

Believe2007 New Member

That is pretty cool!...I will keep checking this thread. Please keep us posted!

All the best.

8. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Well, I tried calling my son Beta and he did respond like I was calling him. But to be honest, I think this was more due to the fact that it was his mother's voice and perhaps the tone of my voice (like I was calling someone). He hasn't rearranged the statues yet since I lined them back up, but I'll let you know if he does.

I have a question. I've read that souls can be reincarnated together through many lives (e.g. "soul mates") and I was wondering if there's ever "clues" that you've been with someone before, even you if you dont have memories. The reason I ask, is because there's a couple of things in my life that link to hinduism and I'm now wondering if maybe my son and I were together in the hindi life he seems to remember. These are:-

1. My name is a Hindi name (which I didn't know until someone on this thread told me!). If I was a hindu with my son in our previous lives, is it fate that I ended up with a hindi name in this life?

2. I dont recall any past life memories, but have always found indian music beautiful and captivating. Eventhough I was into all the usual music as a teenager, there was a song that a popular band at that time did that was in indian and I easily learned all the lyrics (in indian) and still remember all the words to this day.

3. I have a black cat and when I first got her and it came to naming her, the name Nisha just came to me. I dont think I'd ever heard it before, I just liked it and, at the time, thought I must have just made it up because she liked laying in the niche of my arm! However, I've since found out that it is a hindi name. Not only that, but it is a female hindi name (and she is obviously a female cat!). But the meaning probably surprised me the most:- it means "night" and she's completely black!

So, finding out these few coincidences just got me thinking - maybe they're not coincidences, maybe they're signs.

Would be interested to hear peoples' views on this idea, or if anyone else has had similar "coincidences".

9. Karoliina

Hello Sonia,

It definitely sounds possible you have a "hindi past", too. :) It's common to have several shared past lives with our family members and/or other people close to us, and the kind of "signs" you listed are the kind we ask members here to pay attention to, when they are curious about their past lives, but don't have detailed memories yet.

Yes, it's possible our current name is a sign of some past life or ours. It happens quite often, I believe. :) It could be it was "given" to your parents so that it would help you to remember later, or maybe your parents (or whoever picked the name for you) were with you and your son in India, too?

The fascination with some culture or part of it - like music in your case - is often a good sign of a past life (or several past lifetimes) in that area.

I think it's very interesting you named your cat Nisha - and found out it's a Hindu female name and means night - wow! :thumbsup: Of course, only you can know for sure, but I would definitely look into the possibility of an Indian past life. What makes it even more interesting, is the fact that it was possibly shared with your son.

Please keep us posted. If you want to post about your own experiences (instead of your son's) and have questions about them, please feel free to use the Questions and Memories sections. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

10. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Thank you for your reply Karoliina. I am curious about it all and am considering having a past-life regression hypnotherapy session to see if anything comes out (hindi or otherwise :laugh:). However, there's 2 things that put me off:- 1) The cost, as I'm broke at the moment! :rolleyes:, and 2) It seems most people dont remember their past lives. This being the case, surely there is a reason for this (i.e. maybe we're not supposed to remember). I think I'll have a read of the other threads to see what other people's experiences were with past-life regression and have a think about it.

Thanks again for the input, it's always appreciated.

11. Karoliina

12. Believe2007

Believe2007 New Member

Wow...Its amazing that you would name your cat Nisha! Has to be more than just a coincidence!

From all you have said, you probably had an Indian lifetime. You could explore India through the internet and see if you feel connected to a place. I have a very strong pull towards England, especially the English countryside, so I keep looking up tourism websites and english countryside pictures and I keep "exploring" England , in the hope that I would find some place that I really belong to and hopefully have more concrete memories.

Keep us posted about your son.All the best

13. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

Hi, Maulacat!

I am fascinated with your story, both your son's and yourself! naming your cat Nisha is amazing. If you have an interest, exploring past lives is really enriching. If you do go to a hypnotherapist, please research well, I did not have a great experience and I wish I had spoken to him more in advance of my sessions. However, cd's and self-exploration are great tools! I would be extremely interested in your updates (both your journey and your son's).

If you do decide to ever go this route, this is a great reminder:

HowToFindAReputableHyphotherapist

14. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Thank you Karoliina, Believe2007 and ButterflyPsyche for your replies. I have looked into some local past life regression therapists and have found one very close to where I live. On the site it says that his qualifications are:-

DHP Diploma in Hypnotherapy

DPLT Diploma in Past Life Therapy

NLP Certified Practitioner

EFT Certified Practitioner Level 3

It also says that he is a member of the "MPLTA Member of The Past Life Therapists Association" and "AAMET Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques". I dont know if my friends on here from the USA will be able to help, as these may be qualifications and associations that are only recognised in the UK, but does anybody know if these sound "kosher"?:confused:

15. Karoliina

I don't know about those qualifications or organisations, but at least it sounds like they have studied and take it seriously.

If you can't find recommendations on them (or the organisations they're a member of), I suggest you call them and then decide based on your intuition and first impressions. But there's a risk involved then, of course.

Good luck!

Karoliina

16. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi everyone! Haven't posted for a while, but just thought I'd mention a couple of things. The first is just a little thing I've noticed my son doing:- for as long as he's been able to talk, in situations where he's meant to say "you do it", he's substituted "you" for a word that sounded like "aah" (i.e. "aah do it"). Because he's done this so consistently and because the word sounds nothing like the word "you", I decided to look on the internet to see what the hindi/urdu word for "you" was. It is "aap", so I'm wondering if this is what he's been saying. Something else that he's done consistently for ages is, when he's counting, he always skips the number 13. He'll get all the other numbers up to about 28 right and say them all in the right order, but just always leaves out 13, like he doesn't want to say it. Maybe this is purely because he finds it hard to pronounce rather than anything past-life related, but I would have thought that if this was the case, he would have trouble saying 3 and some other numbers too. I would be grateful if anyone with any hindi/urdu/muslim knowledge could let me know if there's any particular significance attached to the number 13 in those languages/religions. Thanks in advance for any input anyone can give.

NB. I added this bit in bolder later:- Would you believe it, my son has started including "13" when he was counting tonight, just after I'd posted this message this morning! Isn't that always the way with kids :rolleyes:?! I feel a bit silly now :eek: ! But he honestly did always leave it out before now and there could still have been a reason behind it, maybe it's just that my constantly saying to him "what about 13?" has finally paid off :laugh:. Would still be interested to hear if anyone has any theories as to why he may have been leaving it out. I know the number 13 is considered unlucky in some western cultures, but as far as I know this doesn't apply to hinduism, etc.

17. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

Awesome stuff! I don't read the forum as much as I'd like to because I have vision problems. Since this thread was bumped, I got interested in it. Coooooool!

My son also started asking to "go home" at a very young age. We thought he was just confused between grandma's house and ours, but even now, he says he wants to go to his "old house." Unfortunately, he's lived in 4 places since he was born, so it would be hard for me to convince someone that he was talking about a PL. But, like a lot of things, he gives me the "Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mom" look. Funny how my kid sometimes treats me like I'm out-of-the-know. Ha!

The thing about your son drawing the wheel and lines---wow---! Unfortunately, my son, even at 3 1/2 doesn't care a thing about drawing yet. I wish. Your heart must've jumped when you found the thing about the 3 lines.

Interesting. :thumbsup:

18. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi 4mysonK. Yes, the 3 lines thing was one of those "wow" moments, I have to say! I've been reading your thread (as you'll already know, as I left a comment ;) ) and have found it very interesting and quite similar in some ways to the experiences I've had with my little boy. I'll keep reading, so please keep us updated :thumbsup:

19. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Maulacat... your discoveries about your two year old sounds very exciting...

I had a life in 1981- 2001 as an east indian ascetic. In my case , in this life I was drawn to studying religions one of which was eastern india in my 20s ===

.. In my life as an ascetic I had thought giving up my property would lead to spiritual nirvana... a belief among ascetics .. It was an attempt at finding meaning in a sad life. I lost my leg to a tiger so could not support myself. Alas it was a dreary,stressful life without love . I died in a train accident where I lost my balance off a moving train..

It was one of my first memories. I was relieved to verify the tiger attacks in India.. I had not even thought there would be tigers there as it is such a populated country.

I have learned from that life and others of religious natures , that it is not what you try to do to find closeness to God but it is what you open yourself to , Letting go and keeping faith and letting God show me the light and love is equally important to having any sort of religious agenda to find peace .

soulfreindly

20. AKP

AKP New Member

Hi maulacat,

Yours is such an amazing story.

India during 18th and 19th century had mix of three cultures and languages. It had been ruled by Moughals (Muslims) for long and British Armies had made deep inroads and ruled many parts of India and eventually the whole of India. Back then, general population spoke Urdu and English mixed Hindi. Script in general was urdu (arabic). And everyone knew english alphabets. A person at that time will know Hindi/Urdu words and also the equivalent English for the common words. I think that explains "owl". Realizing that you understand english like the goras (as white Englishmen were called back then in India), he may have said Owl for you. Same with cliff and other english words. Many points and places in India still have English names from the old time. That is especially true for things like cliffs etc.

"aap" is certainly a hindi/urdy word for you (with respect). Other words for you are "tuu" or "tum".

Also "Fauz" is referred generally for English Army of that time. Faiz is a muslim name.

"sawaa" must have been very old urdu/hindi. It is not used now a days.

For telling him "You do it", why don't you say "aap keejiye" someday. See how he reacts. Or, the best is, get someone with North Indian origin and ask him/her to talk with your son in Hindi.

Have you ever asked him, who else is there in his "home"?

Hope to hear more from you.

AKP.