9/11- I think I have a 9/11 baby

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by kristajohns, Sep 12, 2007.

1. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

Something happend last night with my two year old that I can't explain.

Last night Sept 11th I was watching t.v I stopped the channel on MSNBC. As it Happend 9/11 was on.The first building had just been hit.

My two year old whom has never seen any coverage on 9/11 ran the the t.v and started pointing a yelling "Hey thats downtown!" "Thats my home!" over and over again then said "I got to call!" I then asked who are you going to call? "I call home.I got to call!" He is really watching and Im not going to turn it at this point and he said "Oh no Im going to fall!" "Oh no fall." This is before the towers went down.Remember he has never watched anything about it. I know this for a fact.I am a stay at home mother and control what he sees and he hasnt spent any time away from home at all.Im always with him.

He went on about downtown and home until he fell asleep.This morning I asked.Hey Ryan....What happend downtown?He said "Downtown?My home my home!!" I said yeah your home downtown what happend to you baby? He said while closing his eyes "I stuck can't see" "can't see".

Then on a whim my husband said where is Cantor Fitzgerald? not saying anything he closed his eyes tight again something I have never seen him do.

A few months back he got into a closet and was locked in it for a few minutes until I could get the door open and somehow it was really stuck. While in the closet he was very matter of fact banging on the door.He spoke words never said or taught. He said "help me please! save me! help help help!"
    Once the door was open he said "you saved me!" Since then he has said everyday "help! I'll save you"

With last night Im putting it all together and maybe it had something to do with a past-life.He shouldn't have known how to say those things.His grandma showed up while I was working on getting him out of the closet and even said where did he learn to talk like that?

I think I may have a 9/11 baby.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Welcome to the forum kristajohns. I would highly recommend that you read Carol Bowman's books; Children's Past Lives - and Return From Heaven. Take your time looking through the forum - specifically The Four Signs of Children's Past Lives.

Take notes, keep a journal and be open to what he says; record the circumstances in each situation, you will find it helpful in the future. Is he showing any signs of trauma or having night terrors? Thank you for sharing and I hope you keep us posted.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi kristajohns,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your son's experiences, it sounds as if he could well be remembering a past-life. I know the images of 9/11 are shocking for the rest of us to see, but they would probably be meaningless to a 2 year old, did your son appear to be very emotional or distressed while he was watching it?

It already sounds like you are allowing him talk about it by coming here, which is good. I would also suggest that you start writing everything down that he says, see if you can get him to draw pictures of what he remembers, maybe try and make up a little game that he can relate his memories to.

If you think he may have been in the 9/11 disaster, perhaps you could try letting him see some internet pictures of New York, and the WTC (before the tragedy), and see if he recognizes or reacts, as long as you don't force anything out of him.

I would also recommend you read Carol Bowman's book Children's Past Lives.

I hope you enjoy the forum, and please keep us updated on your son.

Chris... ;)

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Kristajohns and welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you for sharing your son's story. It's possible he's remembering a past life. Do like Deborah suggested - read Carol's books and write down everything your son says that you think might have to do with past lives.

I don't know if it sounds to me like he was a victim of the Twin Towers collapse, although it's possible of course. If he would've been inside the buildings, the pictures we see of their destruction now wouldn't be familiar to him from the past life. But it sounds like he has lived downtown in a big city before, perhaps NYC.

It's great that you are listening to him and paying attention. :thumbsup:

All the best for you and your family,

Karoliina

5. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

I really was thinking 9/11 only because he kept going on and pointing at the buildings and pointing off in a different direction talking but I couldnt understand what he was telling me.

Then when he said he was going to fall my heart just sank since he didnt really know it was going to fall.So I just thought omg you lived that.

Something really was weird about it.I am with this child all the time and have never seen him act like that.

just want to add what he was watching last night was a replay of the today show of that morning.

6. littlebug

littlebug Registered

Although I think it is best not to jump to conclusions, especially early in a case, I personally find your account quite compelling.

For example, a person who was trapped on the top floors of the building would want to call loved ones and would realize that it was likely the building would fall. They could also have survived a short time after the actual collapse -- enough to have a memory of it. There are accounts of people trapped in the rubble who were able to make phone calls before they died. Such individuals would not have ever witnessed the destruction from the outside, but would surely know that's what had happened, so it wouldn't surprise me if the subsequent personality recognized the scene. Another possibility is that he was in the second tower and witnessed the first hit, then was trapped and fell after the second hit.

Beth

7. Deborah

Hi krista,

I would like to point out that it is possible he was viewing the building collapsing after his death. There are cases where the children remember the scenes after they died; and can dictate verbatim what people were doing and saying at the time. The story of Jesse is such an example.

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I agree with Deborah. That is the first thing that I thought that he witnessed it just after his death. Or its possible that he, as an adult in that situation knew he was going to fall and probably die.

Kristajohns, I always say this and I say it based on my own experience with my son who is now 7. You know your child better than anyone. You are with him all the time, you know his vocabulary, the way he thinks etc. If he is doing/saying something different than he has ever done or said, there is a reason for it. No one can know for sure what that reason is, but you, as his mommy, will always have the most educated guess.

It is great that you have sought help and didn't waste any time as I did freaking out.

I second the advice to write it all down and also to read Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman.

Please keep us updated. BTW, how does he react to fire trucks or firemen?

Vicky

9. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Everything's possible and I agree you know best when your son is acting in a way not normal to him. :)

I'm asking these, because I'm not sure: Isn't "downtown" used usually as another word for the city centre in the English language? What about New York City - isn't downtown there used to refer the southern part of Manhattan, and the WTC was upper town/uptown?

Karoliina

10. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Maybe his home was downtown? His last thought might have been to worry about his home and family 'downtown' under the belief that the whole of NY was being attacked? In those crazy first hours nobody would have known exactly what was going on, least of all those caught in the buildings. Just a thought.

A very compelling story Kristajohns. I hope your little son is not too upset by this experience.

Give him a special hug from all of us.

11. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

Thats what I thought at first wtc was uptown not downtown.

When he is going on about it he is pointing off to the left."Downtown my home my home!"

Ok so this is what I have done today. I went to webshots and got several city skyline photos for my background.They change every so often.He only has a reaction to the old nyc skyline.

He has said a few different things today.While looking at it he was leaning on the desk and said "I drive car" "Im on the a" then "a-r-n " and "its dark I'm so scared" he started to shake and I took the

picture away.

I am going to go pick that book up today.

Someone asked how he acted around firemen.He has never been around them.

12. Deborah

Hi Krista,

I have contacted Jeff Keene and am hoping he can help you discern what your child is saying. He is a present day Assistant Fire Chief in affluent Westport, CT and wrote the book Someone Else's Yesterday - which records his own past life experience. He was on site for the nightmare of September 11, 2001 and the aftermath of the attack on the World Trade Center.

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi kristajohns

Are you able to elaborate on this a bit more? Somebody may be able to help or recognize what your son is trying to say.

14. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

It could be to do with "Tower A"? It could be the 'A Train?'? Does that run from downtown to uptown? I only know its the "quickest way to Harlem". It's hard to say.

Krista, just a word of caution, try to 'play it cool' with the kid about all this. Try not to overreact. I suggest you treat this as though it were not unlike a present life trauma - imagine it as though he had seen a bad car accident or something and was upset about it.

You would want him to be able to feel that he could talk about it and be given a sympathetic and compassionate response and a cuddle if he was upset in any way. At the same time, although I know it is terribly exciting and interesting, try not to overwhelm the child with it and keep bringing it up if he was not wanting to talk about it particularly.

I would advise against setting up a situation where he feels that this is:

a) an easy way of getting lots of attention,

b) something that is 'scary' or 'wrong' or 'weird' when he talks about it.

This can set up patterns of either pushing things like this underground or eliciting all sorts of elaborate tall tales. It that happens you may not be able to help him with his feelings about it all if they are troublesome to him in any way.

Have you read Carol Bowman's book?

Have you had a look at this thread: Advise for parents?

Best wishes with your little boy.

15. Stars3

Stars3 Senior Registered

Hi Krista,

Deb emailed me to find out my thoughts on your child's reaction to 9/11 clips on T.V. I will give some answers to your questions and what may be clues to Ryan's manner of speech.

You wrote he said; "Hey thats downtown!" "Thats my home!"

Yes, The World Trade Center is in lower Manhattan or "downtown". You can't get much more downtown without treading water (NYC Harbor)

You wrote: "I got to call!" I then asked who are you going to call? "I call home.I got to call!" When people are in a situation of great stress and believe they may even die, their thoughts often turn to loved ones (believe me I know from experience). Take two buildings large enough to have thier own Zip Codes and you can imagine the number of telephones they had (plus add cell-phones). This allowed many to call home that day for one last, I Love You, or a good-bye left on an answering machine. Many, many victims trapped from escape did just that.

You wrote; "Oh no Im going to fall!" "Oh no fall." This is before the towers went down.Remember he has never watched anything about it. I think you can figure out the answer to this one for yourself. (He used the first-person, "I'm going to fall" not it's going to fall)

You wrote; "I stuck can't see" "can't see". Many people on or above where the planes hit were "stuck" on the floors above that point. Because of the smoke on some floors the visibility was poor or zero. The "help me" portion of your story also would fit in here.

You wrote; "I drive car" "Im on the a" then "a-r-n " Not much information to go on here but I came up with one possibility. "I drive" could be that he (or she at the time) could have been a driver for one of the companies at the WTC (such as Cantor Fitzgerald ) That would fit in with the second part, a bunch of letters such as a driver in Manhattan on the phone/radio saying "I'm on the B-Q-E". (Bronx Queens Expressway) or F-D-R (FDR Drive). Could even be a company code (A-R-N) AM. Run North (morning detail heading North).

These are just some possibilities. The whole story could go something like this. A driver for one of the WCT companies reports to work on 9/11 to pick-up or drop-off someone, the plane hit and thier caught up in the tragedy of that day.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Best, Jeff Keene (Asst. F.D. ret.)

16. Carol

Carol Author

Hi Krista,

You've gotten very good advice from the group.

I'd suggest, as others did, that your write everything down so you can remember these statements and reactions chronologically. It's so easy to forget the sequence as time passes.

Jeff had some excellent observations about what it was like on scene for those in the buildings. Some of what your son says truly fits.

I would also suggest that you wait and see how he reacts, if he says anything more, or you notice any change in behavior or moodiness. In other cases, once a memory is triggered, the emotions can follow. If you notice he seems abstracted or blue, let us know.

If he says anything more, TRY not to get too excited, but remain calm and keep the flow of conversation going, as you did, with open-ended questions, repeating his statements back to him, to encourage him. See if he needs to talk about it more.

Do you live in a city? Would he know the concept of "downtown"? Just curious. I was also intrigued that he knew about falling, and was so concerned about calling home. As Jeff pointed out, that would have been a last act for those trapped in the buildings. Chilling, isn't it?

I'd say, just wait and see. And, please, read Children's Past Lives ASAP so you be prepared for anything that might follow. You can also post here and we'll do our best to support you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Carol

17. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

Thanks Jeff

He wouldnt know anything about downtown.We live in a larger city but when we go we never call it downtown.I honestly was stunned when he said it.

I havent said anything to him about it today.I will a little later.

Also I want to add.When we talk about it.Im not talking or acting any different than I would if we were talking about a school bus driving down the street.

He also has a little sister that was born 10 months after him and has been calling her Ming for over a year now.She is now called Ming by everyone in the family.Her real name is Anna.

When she was born on the first time seeing he asked "what took long?" we all heard it.We just never thought much of it now here I sit wondering just what is going on.

I have been thinking alot about things he has said in the past and Im starting to think Im nuts :tongue:

Oh my husband is now starting to believe in past lives.A person who thought it was never possible.

18. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

Krista, your son's statements and actions are amazing! I am looking forward to hearing more of his experiences.

You have definitely received some good advice and when you do read Carol's book you will find some very helpful information that will greatly assist you in sorting through everything that is happening. It will also help you to help your son come to terms with what is happening.

I wish you much luck in finding out more and helping your son to understand why it is he is here again.

One last note, has he said exactly WHO Ming is? I find this very interesting. It would seem that he has known his sibling before. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing your story. I will be checking to see when you write more.

19. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

ok while my husband and I are driving today.Ryan all of a sudden started talking about downtown.

I asked like always.What happend downtown? He said my name is Nick.Looking in the back I said whats your name he said NICK.Mike my husband said no you are Ryan he said no "My name Nick"

We dont know anyone named Nick.My husband then said what happend to you downtown?

He said Im dying.

At that point we almost all met or next life times becuse he almost ran off the road.

I am lost I really am.

Why is everything flooding in to him?

I need too start reading.

The only thing I can say is why...I love this baby so much only to think something like that could have happend makes me sooooo sad.

20. Deborah

Krista,

Terrible things sometimes happen to people. On 911 - many people were affected. Reincarnation happens for everyone, in my opinion.

He is at the right age to start expressing memories, spontaneously. Your job will be to read Carol's book's; educate yourself about the signs, how to react - keep a journal and love him - regardless. Have you seen the ABC special regarding James? I HIGHLY recommend you watch it. This boy remembered dying as a pilot in WWII - an amazing story and healing.

Jame's story - the last post takes you to links in order to watch the ABC special on youtube.

Deep breath - hug him often, and read - read Carol's books.