9/11- I think I have a 9/11 baby

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by kristajohns, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

Something happend last night with my two year old that I can't explain.

Last night Sept 11th I was watching t.v I stopped the channel on MSNBC. As it Happend 9/11 was on.The first building had just been hit.

My two year old whom has never seen any coverage on 9/11 ran the the t.v and started pointing a yelling "Hey thats downtown!" "Thats my home!" over and over again then said "I got to call!" I then asked who are you going to call? "I call home.I got to call!" He is really watching and Im not going to turn it at this point and he said "Oh no Im going to fall!" "Oh no fall." This is before the towers went down.Remember he has never watched anything about it. I know this for a fact.I am a stay at home mother and control what he sees and he hasnt spent any time away from home at all.Im always with him.

He went on about downtown and home until he fell asleep.This morning I asked.Hey Ryan....What happend downtown?He said "Downtown?My home my home!!" I said yeah your home downtown what happend to you baby? He said while closing his eyes "I stuck can't see" "can't see".

Then on a whim my husband said where is Cantor Fitzgerald? not saying anything he closed his eyes tight again something I have never seen him do.

A few months back he got into a closet and was locked in it for a few minutes until I could get the door open and somehow it was really stuck. While in the closet he was very matter of fact banging on the door.He spoke words never said or taught. He said "help me please! save me! help help help!"
    Once the door was open he said "you saved me!" Since then he has said everyday "help! I'll save you"

With last night Im putting it all together and maybe it had something to do with a past-life.He shouldn't have known how to say those things.His grandma showed up while I was working on getting him out of the closet and even said where did he learn to talk like that?

I think I may have a 9/11 baby.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread I think I have a 9/11 baby

2. littlebug

littlebug Registered

Although I think it is best not to jump to conclusions, especially early in a case, I personally find your account quite compelling.

For example, a person who was trapped on the top floors of the building would want to call loved ones and would realize that it was likely the building would fall. They could also have survived a short time after the actual collapse -- enough to have a memory of it. There are accounts of people trapped in the rubble who were able to make phone calls before they died. Such individuals would not have ever witnessed the destruction from the outside, but would surely know that's what had happened, so it wouldn't surprise me if the subsequent personality recognized the scene. Another possibility is that he was in the second tower and witnessed the first hit, then was trapped and fell after the second hit.

Beth

3. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

I thought at first wtc was uptown not downtown.

When he is going on about it he is pointing off to the left."Downtown my home my home!"

Ok so this is what I have done today. I went to webshots and got several city skyline photos for my background.They change every so often.He only has a reaction to the old nyc skyline.

He has said a few different things today.While looking at it he was leaning on the desk and said "I drive car" "Im on the a" then "a-r-n " and "its dark I'm so scared" he started to shake and I took the

picture away.

4. Stars3

Stars3 Senior Registered

Hi Krista,

Deb emailed me to find out my thoughts on your child's reaction to 9/11 clips on T.V. I will give some answers to your questions and what may be clues to Ryan's manner of speech.

You wrote he said; "Hey thats downtown!" "Thats my home!"

Yes, The World Trade Center is in lower Manhattan or "downtown". You can't get much more downtown without treading water (NYC Harbor)

You wrote: "I got to call!" I then asked who are you going to call? "I call home.I got to call!" When people are in a situation of great stress and believe they may even die, their thoughts often turn to loved ones (believe me I know from experience). Take two buildings large enough to have thier own Zip Codes and you can imagine the number of telephones they had (plus add cell-phones). This allowed many to call home that day for one last, I Love You, or a good-bye left on an answering machine. Many, many victims trapped from escape did just that.

You wrote; "Oh no Im going to fall!" "Oh no fall." This is before the towers went down.Remember he has never watched anything about it. I think you can figure out the answer to this one for yourself. (He used the first-person, "I'm going to fall" not it's going to fall)

You wrote; "I stuck can't see" "can't see". Many people on or above where the planes hit were "stuck" on the floors above that point. Because of the smoke on some floors the visibility was poor or zero. The "help me" portion of your story also would fit in here.

You wrote; "I drive car" "Im on the a" then "a-r-n " Not much information to go on here but I came up with one possibility. "I drive" could be that he (or she at the time) could have been a driver for one of the companies at the WTC (such as Cantor Fitzgerald ) That would fit in with the second part, a bunch of letters such as a driver in Manhattan on the phone/radio saying "I'm on the B-Q-E". (Bronx Queens Expressway) or F-D-R (FDR Drive). Could even be a company code (A-R-N) AM. Run North (morning detail heading North).

These are just some possibilities. The whole story could go something like this. A driver for one of the WCT companies reports to work on 9/11 to pick-up or drop-off someone, the plane hit and thier caught up in the tragedy of that day.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Best, Jeff Keene (Asst. F.D. ret.)

5. Carol

Carol Author

Hi Krista,

You've gotten very good advice from the group.

I'd suggest, as others did, that your write everything down so you can remember these statements and reactions chronologically. It's so easy to forget the sequence as time passes.

Jeff had some excellent observations about what it was like on scene for those in the buildings. Some of what your son says truly fits.

I would also suggest that you wait and see how he reacts, if he says anything more, or you notice any change in behavior or moodiness. In other cases, once a memory is triggered, the emotions can follow. If you notice he seems abstracted or blue, let us know.

If he says anything more, TRY not to get too excited, but remain calm and keep the flow of conversation going, as you did, with open-ended questions, repeating his statements back to him, to encourage him. See if he needs to talk about it more.

Do you live in a city? Would he know the concept of "downtown"? Just curious. I was also intrigued that he knew about falling, and was so concerned about calling home. As Jeff pointed out, that would have been a last act for those trapped in the buildings. Chilling, isn't it?

I'd say, just wait and see. And, please, read Children's Past Lives ASAP so you be prepared for anything that might follow. You can also post here and we'll do our best to support you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Carol

6. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

ok while my husband and I are driving today.Ryan all of a sudden started talking about downtown.

I asked like always.What happend downtown? He said my name is Nick.Looking in the back I said whats your name he said NICK.Mike my husband said no you are Ryan he said no "My name Nick"

We dont know anyone named Nick.My husband then said what happend to you downtown?

He said Im dying.

At that point we almost all met or next life times becuse he almost ran off the road.

I am lost I really am.

Why is everything flooding in to him?

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Krista - I did a quick search for you; there were five men by the name of Nicholas that died in the World Trade Center attacks. The list was small in print - this was all I could find. I hope you find it helpful.

• Nicholas A. Bogdan, 34, Browns Mills, N.J.*
    • Nicholas W. Brandemarti, 21, Mantua, N.J.*
    • Nicholas P. Chiofalo, 39, Selden, N.Y.*
    • Nicholas John, 42, New York, N.Y.*

The last one Nicholas G. Massa, 65, New York, N.Y. -was the senior vice president, of the Aon Corp. You said he stated

8. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Krista,

Thank you for sharing your son’s story with us. I’ve been reading along with interest – and I also decided to do a little googling based on Deborah’s research and your son’s comment:

It could be absolutely nothing at all – but I thought it was worth mentioning there was a gentleman by the name of Ming-Hao Liu who lost his life in the WTC attacks as well. He was a 41 year old engineer from Livingston, N.J. who worked for Washington Group International.

Deborah and others have already given you great advice, but I just want to take the time to say I appreciate you sharing your story. I can understand that it feels a bit overwhelming - but everything will be okay. What your little boy is experiencing is perfectly natural. ;) He's a very lucky little boy to have such an understanding mom.

Definitely read Carol's books - and don't hesitate to ask questions. We're all here to help.

Best of luck,

Ailish

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  9. neko

neko Registered

I found this by searching for the old stations of WTC.. I live in NYC (uptown), and what really freaked me out reading this is that the A-R&M trains ran within proximity of the WTC....

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~ramesh/Map...kSubwayMap.gif

I don't know if it would be even worth showing this to your son, but then every New Yorker has at least some idea how to get in & out of the city, and most pride themselves with knowing multiple ways to get around...

I just hope this isn't some kind of hoax, I found this by accident last night, and the hair on the back of my neck is still on edge.. I mean if they could come back...

10. kristajohns

kristajohns Registered

I just looked up Nick Rowe and it makes me sick to my stomach to look at his picture Ryan kinda looks like him he has the same silly part in his hair and it has always laid just like Nicks if we dont keep it cut.

This is also another thing it looks like Nick knew how to have a good time.Ryan in the past month or so has been talking about people being drunk.If someone is acting less than normal he will look at them and go yep he/she is drunk.My husband and I laugh it off we have no clue how he knows drunk or the way drunks would act.He asks also when we are going to party.

I also wonder if this Nick had someone close to him named Thomas.Ryan started talking about Thomas one day.We dont know anyone named Thomas and he doesnt watch Thomas the train.

Also Anna has always has a Asian slant to her eyes.We are Italian so there is no Asian in our blood line.When she was born we often talked about her having Downs Syndrome.She is normal and healthy.She was also born with knots on her head one on the very back and one on the side.Dr's have no clue why they are there I assume its something from her PL.

I will post a picture of Ryan and Anna soon.

11. sreedoohum

sreedoohum Registered

12. jonathan21

jonathan21 Member

sometimes it can take looking at something familiar i assume to jogg memory.

13. Rajmo6779

Rajmo6779 Registered

The original posts stop in Sept. 2007. I assume this conversation continued elsewhere because of all the hyperlinks to a similarly-named thread. But the links don't work. I get a 404 error. Does anyone know where the rest of the conversation went? It's spellbinding and I want to see if Ryan's mother reached a conclusion.

14. Rubarah

Rubarah Registered

I was wondering this too.

15. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

The archives are a read only section. Go to the discussion area to talk about them. *wink*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.