A 16th Century life?

Discussion in 'Member's Memories - Archive' started by Jim78, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Member

I have one set of memories I haven't been able to verify.

From a ship I saw on the horizon and the style of dress I would say it was about the 16th century. My cohorts looked to be Spanish or Portuguese or something. Myself and others were in what may have been a cell in the hold of the ship. I was the one doing the talking. Then I remember we took the ship ( don't remember the actual taking of the ship unfortunately, just before and after it ). I remember us standing on deck celebrating our success with shouts and roars as everyone looked to me. I recognised one person to the right of me as being the woman I loved in both my current and my previous incarnations. It took me a few seconds to recognise her because she looked different, but she moved exactly the same so I knew it was her. Unfortunately because I don't remember the actual taking of the ship I don't know who we were taking it from but I can tell you that we were wearing civilian clothing. It seems such an obscure thing to remember I haven't been able to validate the memories like I have done with my other lives. I was military in every life I remember so it's possible I was military in this life too. Perhaps the galleon I saw on the horizon was pursuing us? I don't know because I only remember being in maybe a cell and celebrating our victory. Did they have square grills with many little squares in them on galleons because I remember looking out of one above my head? It could have been later then the 16th century it just seemed to me instantly on first impressions that I was seeing the 16th century. I didn't even think women were on Galleons back then even if they are civilians, but the eyes don't lie I guess. Does anyone have any information or is able to shed light on this for me?

2. somesurrealkid

somesurrealkid New Member

I had a Spanish seafaring life around the 13th century and it seems that we remember very similar things, which is really cool.
    I don't know, though, why civilians would be in a situation like that at all, or even at sea in the first place unless you were captured as slaves of some kind. (Unlikely as you remember being Spanish or Portuguese.)

To answer some questions, to the best of my knowledge and memory:
    Women WERE allowed on Galleons sometimes, but it was only on larger ships where there was an especially significant amount of work that needed to be done and if the leadership didn't want to have to be paying too many people.
    And about the square grills, I remember it as being so that they served as ports to the lower holds and I don't think that design would have changed too drastically between the two time periods, especially in a crucial aspect like doorways to cargo holds.

Very interesting read, and I hope this is helpful.

3. Jim78

Jim78 Member

I don't know why civilians would be in that situation either. We were prisoners though, although I can't say why or for how long. It's good to know women were allowed on Galleons and that the grills are accurate, it's a very short memory but it's still vivid. I guess I encouraged my cohorts to rebel against someone and we were successful. I do feel dismay that here in the 21st century I'm still rebelling. Sometimes I wish I had an overview of every lesson I had to learn in every life then I could understand why I was born into conflict all of the time. I guess I'm a conflicted person though, maybe that just manifests itself in my various incarnations.

somesurrealkid likes this.