A collection of Short messages

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by cody, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cody

cody New Member

I am concerned about my son. I think he and I have shared a past before and is having separation issues now.

When my son had just turned 1 on mothers day he said plain as day I love you mom. I gave him a hug and said I love you too then I realized my son had spoken a full sentence and at that point in time he was still having difficulty saying words!

When he was 3 he asked me "When I'm in the fifth grade can I play drums?" I thought oh no! Not the drums! But I said if you wish. Then again I realized he had not only spoken in a clear voice he had a asked a logical question and was right about the age you get to pick a musical instrument to learn to play. It was like someone playing a joke on me. Fortunately when the time came he chose clarinet.

About this time I purchased a cabbage patch kid doll (I collect them) because it looked sort of like my son. I asked him to name the doll he named it Clark. We didn't know anyone named Clark no TV show he watched had a Clark. It was his great Grandfathers name on his Dads side.

The original post can be found here.

2. adn2b03

adn2b03 New Member

A linked fear of trains

My daughter, who is almost three, has had a fear of trains since she was tiny. She was 6 mos old when I took her, with her cousin, to a train festival, and we stepped on the train, and she just screamed until we got off of it. She also cried at 4 mos old when we took her to a train-yard near our town.

She will run to me and cling to me when she hears a train, "mommy I scared, choo choo train" even when it is far away. Now to add to this, I had a psychic tell me that my daughter and I were together in a past life, and that there was a tragic accident in which she died.

To top this off, I also have a fear of trains, especially crossing tracks. I have always had nightmares about them. After my talk with the psychic, I meditated to see if I could find a connection, and I could see a train, and my daughter brought me out of my state, crying in her sleep, saying oh no, no, oh no.....and every time I brought the image up, she would cry.

The original post can be found here.

3. IvyJn

IvyJn New Member

I have an amazing 4yr old who for over 2 years now has been dropping bits of information pertaining to possible past lives. I believe that is what they are mainly because all of my life, I, too, have had such memories.

Sometimes things she mentions make her really upset. I'm torn because on the one hand, I know how it can be and there are times when I wish I didn't remember anything at all about anything other then this life, but on the other hand, I really feel like I'd be letting her down if I didn't help her to keep her memories alive. Obviously she's remembering them for a reason.

The origional post can be seen here.

4. mskw

mskw Guest

Before, when I was big...

My son prefaced many, many sentences with the words, "Before, when I was big..." We always thought it was cute, but only now that I have stumbled onto your website do I understand the significance of his statement.
    He would insist that he could do many grown up things "before." One of his favorites was about rowing a boat. (This was coming from a 2 year old child who had never seen a body of water bigger than a bathtub.) He could even describe how his back and shoulders would get tired when he rowed.

The original post can be seen here.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Guest

My son is 3 years old and since he started to talk, my family and I have thought he was an old soul. A few weeks ago we were walking around the zoo and he said very truthfully he saw the animal in North Kenya.

So, I started to ask specific questions about his age then and his mommy and daddy and he is very descriptive in his answers. He has even told me his name.

It doesn't sound like he grew old, he just says he was a little boy. Plus, when he was born, he has web toes and they tell me it is hereditary, but no one in either family has them. Also, he seems to have his own language. He makes up words and I have always thought they were just silly words, but now I'm not so sure.

6. Ingrid

Ingrid New Member

I live in the Netherlands with my husband and two children. A son of 5 years and a daughter of 1 year.
    This morning Jari (our son) startled me telling me in between "mammy when you wasn't born yet, I was really old and I wasn't with you, but then later I was born with you".

7. anndiamond

anndiamond New Member

This is a slightly different take on reincarnation in families. I think my grandmother has come back as my cousin's birth daughter, who was given up for adoption in 1965. The story goes like this:

In 1959 my grandmother, Julia Macdonald, died. My cousin Nancy and I were both children at the time, and at her funeral I remember noticing my cousin wiping her eyes with a handkerchief, and I thought at the time (I was eight) "I never realized they were so close." My grandmother was a pretty tough Presbyterian cookie and most of my memories were of her yelling at me, so although I was sorry she died, I didn't shed tears, but sat there thinking "anyway, she was 89."

At age 16, my cousin Nancy got in "trouble" as they called it at the time, and had a baby in a home for unwed mothers. After the baby was born, they brought her the little girl and asked her to give her a name before they took her away to be given up for adoption. My cousin wrote "Julia" on the birth certificate, and never saw her again.

Twenty-seven years later, my cousin (who has moved to another part of the country) picks up the phone one day and there is a young woman at the other end, who says "My name is Anne MacDonald and I am your birth daughter."

Understandably, my cousin (who has changed her name to Jean, and been married several times by now) is mystified, and they talk. In the course of the conversation, strange details emerge.

After she was given up for adoption, the baby called "Julia" was adopted by a couple named MacDonald (which had been my grandmother's name) who decided to call her "Anne." When Anne was 14 years old, she became very interested in music, got a guitar for her birthday (just like my cousin at the same age), and embarked on a singing career (just like her birth mother, my cousin, at that age). She told her parents that from now on she was calling herself "Julia." They found that very strange, as they had never told her about the name on her birth certificate.

As soon as I heard this, I told my cousin "Our grandmother is back!" My cousin had meanwhile forgotten that our grandmother's name was Julia, and claims she never knew, which I find hard to believe. What strikes me as strange is that my cousin now has developed a relationship with her birth daughter, who looks a lot like my cousin AND our grandmother, and whose "performing name" is exactly the same as my grandmother's.

Not only that -- there's another odd twist to this story. Although my cousin has moved to the West Coast, she grew up in Toronto. Her birth daughter's adoptive family raised her in the same small town my grandmother was born in, and later she moved to go to university in Toronto. I have another cousin in Toronto, and both he and his wife work at the music library of that same university. When my cousin brought her birth daughter over for a visit, the three of them stared at one another and said, "I KNOW YOU!" They had met many times at the library.

This is not quite the same as children remembering their past lives, but I think it's eerie nonetheless. Unfortunately, I have yet to meet Anne Julia MacDonald, to see if she reminds me of my grandmother... but I am really convinced all this is more than coincidence.

The post can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.