A Dog's Purpose

Discussion in 'Animal reincarnation and spiritual experiences' started by Deborah, Sep 25, 2016.

1. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

No one can give you an ultimate answer, there only are possible answers.
    There are rules for this forum. It might not appear to be totally logical why this is allowed to discuss here while that is not, but these are the rules and they are there for a reason.
    There are other forums where such topics are allowed.

I am sorry for your loss. If "my" cat died today, I would be devastated. I do understand why you so desperately want answers. Animals are such wonderful friends. They do not judge you. Their affection is honest, as they won't lie (even though a cat would do a lot to get something they would love to eat).
    What about your other dog? He deserves to be loved, too. He deserves your love and attention as much as Twinkle did. After over two years, maybe you should try to let go. Not forget Twinkle, of course. You will never forget her. But maybe you should try to let go of the pain and feeling of loss and focus on fond, loving memories instead? And give your love to your living dog. Easier said than done, I know.

If you wish, I will give you a link to a forum where you can discuss topics that are not wanted here. I cannot promise, though, that others will be able to give you the answers you seek.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Twinkling Star likes this.
  2. Twinkling Star

Twinkling Star New Member

what is YMMV pls? I see your point how a dog's spirit maybe inside a uterus but still be able to communicate as a spirit as I've often read cases where people had felt the spirit of their dog then it suddenly stopped. They would later find out once they had their dog that the time they seemed to stop feeling the spirit coincided with when the puppy was actually physically born.

Going on what the last AC said to me about a connection in June related to my father (who passed many years ago) in the UK Fathers Day was last sunday. I did go out hoping I'd find a stray puppy and it maybe Twinkle but of course I didn't... It only came to me last night when I was typing out the story (on another post) of realising I'd seen her shadow at foot of the bed .. that that was in the early hours of Fathers Day last week, (which was probably why I got up thinking I'd find her that day and it was some kind of sign)..Now I'm wondering if she was born somewhere in the early hours of Fathers Day and paid me one last visit in spirit before she was born.? so now I'm watching for litters for sale born on Fathers Day... 8 weeks from now makes it the 12th August (my dad passed 14th august) I'm now wondering if it will work out that I'll find a puppy and for some reason she will end up being picked up or delivered on the 14th August. Of course the august date may not be relevant the AC didn't mention august only a connection between June and my dad. (His birthday was in July so Fathers Day was the only possible connection between me and him in June) so I'll be looking, it will be interesting to see if by any chance any of them resemble the image of the 'spirit puppy' I captured on film exactly a week to the date after she had passed. I've never 'seen' her spirit image again until that early morning last week. Last week it was just the shadow of a black dog (she was jet black with a thin stripe down her chest which of course couldn't be seen when she was laying down at night in the dark) My young dog has more white on him but his back is solid black so of course looking in the pitch dark at an outline in the dark it was easy to confuse the two once he was fully grown and the same size as her.

So now it's just 'wait and see', crossing my fingers and praying I've understood the 'message' right this time!

3. Twinkling Star

Twinkling Star New Member

Ok thanks..I'd like the link to the other forum just to see what people are saying over there please.

My other dog gets lots of love and attention and long walks everyday. He has a very different mentality though, he's a working breed , he was bred to do his work then go lie down (most farm dogs are traditionally kennelled outdoors). Twinkle was a breed cross where the breeds where bred for companionship and to be with their owner constantly and she used to get severe seperation anxiety when I had to go out and leave her.. My young pup never has and is perfectly happy to go lie on his own for a few hours. he has done this from a young pup. Twinkle hated the crate and could infact get herself out of it (I never did figure out how she managed it but she was often behind the door when I got home with the crate door open!) They had very different personalities, except for him suddenly starting to do things she used to do (after she had passed) that he had never seen her do whilst she was alive. This had never been his usual way to request attention from me. He had always just dropped a ball at my feet, would tolerate a quick hug when I gave him one but had never been a dog to choose to come for just for a nice long cuddle. Maybe a bit of 'over-souling' going on there? Several AC's believed she was guiding him from above and helping him to 'grow up' a bit more. Maybe she had communicated to him that I needed more hugs as I was feeling very sad!

I am 'getting on' with life but I do tend to think of her alot every 22nd of the month and the time around her birthday and spend time researching reincarnation again for the few days around this date. The thought had crossed my mind that she may wait until my younger dog was older before she came back so she'd then be a puppy when he was old and have me to herself again for most of her next lifetime. I'm just not sure I can stand to wait another 10 yrs if he lives to the same kind of age she did!!!

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

YMMV = Your mileage may vary - your experience may be different.

5. radar mike

radar mike Senior Member

Saw this movie few months ago , Amazing movie. Although it's been about dog reborn as dog only , I believe they can be reborn as other animals