A few questions

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Researcher, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Researcher

Researcher New Member

Hi.

I am new to reincarnation and just started to research into it and had a few questions. I know there is no definite answer but any help would be appreciated.

1. Do you have any say in what you can come back as, or do you have to choose from a few options? I have read a few conflicting views on this.

2. Can you repeat a life?

3. Can you repeat a life, but in a different timeline? For example, you have the same life but this time 9/11 doesn’t happen?

That’s all I can think of for now.

Many thanks.

2. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

:) ... "I know there is no definite answer but any help would be appreciated."

I believe that there are definite answers, it is just that most of the time we can't discern them from the wrong ones.

Also, it is a deterrent to put your energy into answering questions when somebody tells you beforehand that you don't know what you're talking about ... :)

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Hi Researcher.

Welcome to the forum.

Good and interesting questions. We have an FAQ section you may want to look through.

But, possibly more interestingly, why do you ask? Is there a particular answer you are looking for? What is this 'research' for? Are you writing a film script or something or do you have a personal story? Just curious.

4. Ljbellus

Ljbellus Registered

I feel that when we incarnate, we do know what we need to learn and get to choose what happens next.
    I think that we cannot repeat a life as such. Nor can we be reborn in 1991 and ten years later 9/11 doesn't happen. I think history is more or less set in stone.

5. Researcher

Researcher New Member

Thanks everyone.

I was doing some reading about another topic and that led to reincarnation, and just got curious.

:)

Deborah likes this.
  6. Virochana Asura

Virochana Asura New Member

“Do you have any say in what you can come back as, or do you have to choose from a few options? I have read a few conflicting views on this.”

I would like to offer my opinion in answer to these questions. The Western, New Age view of karma and reincarnation is a tit-for-tat justice to learn lessons to ‘evolve.’ That is not the classic Hindu view as taught in the Upanishads. What drives this process is desire and intentionality. The sages teach,

“By means of desires, contact, attachment and delusion, the embodied soul assumes, successively, diverse forms in various places according to his deeds, just as the body grows when food and drink is poured into it.”

- Svetaśvatara Upanishad 5:11

The answer to your question would be that if you want a certain option then you should cultivate the desire for it and work to have a positive, greater range of possibilities based on what you generate from your inner world. In this life we are creating the next.

“Can you repeat a life?”

It is the prana, or vital life force, that carries on from one incarnation to another (Katha Upanishad 2.2.7 & Chhandogya Upanishad 6.14) within the broader sphere of space-time that is Maya, or Illusion. So long as we are bound by this illusion we are bound by its laws and one of them is the law of sequence. If you are going to reincarnate then you will do so in sequential time.

“Can you repeat a life, but in a different timeline? For example, you have the same life but this time 9/11 doesn’t happen?”

It is an open question of modern cosmology if there are alternate universes in the manner of which you speak. In the traditional Hindu view that would not be the case.

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Hi VA,

Karma is a term that continues to surface around reincarnation and implies in new age circles, “what you sow so shall you reap.” But the original definition simply means cause and effect, cause and consequences. Healing from past trauma and unresolved issues is one of the main reasons for doing past life work. To me, this is where karma and healing intersect and why understanding reincarnation is important.

Here's a small excerpt from my book -
    Brian Weiss, in his book Through Time and into Healing (#113), suggests that ‘karma,’ when applied to abuse, is not necessarily a punishment from the past. I believe he is right. Consciousness is a form of energy, a vibration. This energy includes a wide range of human thoughts, feelings and emotions; hate, fear, guilt, and shame, as well as love, joy, compassion and empathy. Why do souls come into a life of abuse repeatedly, over and over; lifetime after lifetime? Why are so many children faced with horrific amounts of abuse and/or neglect? I have a hard time with the guiding and planning sessions so many authors write about. They might be true for the more enlightened soul, but it seems to me, that the masses are not so enlightened. There seems to be something missing. For centuries we have been left without direction on HOW TO MAKE SOUL CHANGES.

In his book, The Isaiah Effect, Gregg Braden describes thoughts, feelings and emotions as being the key to creating consciously. He suggests that by aligning your thoughts, feelings and emotions, your soul is empowered with clear intentions, clear inner vision, and purposeful, mindful life creations. He sees our thoughts as the guidance system that directs our emotions; and suggests that the feeling center is also the heart center. It is interesting to note that the heart is the center for the Buddha, as well as the seat of the soul for Ancient Egypt. The merging of thoughts and emotions through the heart center must be the key. Between thoughts and emotions, a soul can create with clear intentions, clear choices, and clear action.

Schwaller de Lubicz called these the “three intelligences” and spoke deeply about the alignment and possibilities of working with them in the 1950‘s and 60‘s. de Lubicz was French and studied things like chemistry, mathematics, and physics. But it wasn't until 1998 that his writings were translated into English. He was a fascinating man, closely associated with some of the most interesting groups and secret societies in Paris, France, around the turn of the 20th century. Both Braden and de Lubicz stress that the whole point is to be aware; your entire life concerns the condition of not only your mind, body and spirit, but also of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. It isn't a last minute evaluation, it reflects a life time. In other words, if we hold onto feelings of love, peace, joy - or that of guilt, shame or fear during our life, then according to recent theory and the ancient Egyptians, Tibetans and Indian Buddhist texts, we are sure to recreate the condition in the next life. Schwaller de Lubicz also stressed that the principal purpose behind reincarnation must be evolution and the expansion of consciousness.

IMHO - if you broaden your view beyond one religion, one train of thought and find the thread that runs through them. There lies the answer.

8. Virochana Asura

Virochana Asura New Member

Deborah

Thank you for your note. I am aware of the later and various Buddhists views as well as the more modern opinions. I reached the conclusion for myself through my many years of study in these areas that the primary sources on the matter in the Vedas Samhitas and Upanishads offer the most consistent and comprehensive outlines on this subject. I wish you luck.

9. Alli

Alli New Member

Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls" is a great read for this question.