A Past Life Dream?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Emmelyn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Emmelyn

Emmelyn New Member

The dream I'm about to describe isn't linear and I am honestly at a loss as to whether or not this dream could have given me a glimpse into a past life.

In the dream, I was a young boy, hiding behind a wall with another boy, who I instantly knew was my closest friend. His name was Ira, which is a very beautiful name but one that I'm unfamiliar with, so I was very confused when I first woke up. We were hiding from danger (what seemed to be a battle of sorts) but planes were flying over our heads and we were very afraid. As we huddled together, I turned to him and was filled with intense, real dread - I knew that he was going to die.

Suddenly, I was still dreaming but I was back to my real self, as if I had paused a movie or a game for a break. I tried over and over again to imagine ways that Ira could be saved, but eventually I realised the awful truth that my time was running out and there was no way to save him - he was going to die regardless of what I tried to do. I can still remember the feeling of sadness and reluctant resignation I felt as I prepared to be taken back to 'when I was a boy' and helplessly watch Ira be taken away from me. However, I woke up before this could happen.

This has stayed with for four days, which doesn't seem like much but my memory is terrible and I rarely remember the details of dreams, let alone the emotions I felt. Could this dream have given me a hint to what happened in a past life or am I just blowing everything out of proportion? Thank you to anyone who reads this!

P.S. I had to google the name Ira when I woke up - the way I heard it pronounced (eye-ra) is a Hebrew name, meaning 'watchful'! How beautiful!

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

It could be either a past life dream or a regular dream. Some dreams can create very complete alternate worlds where the dreamer automatically knows the new people in the dream world, or new rules about the society or their place in it. However, the fact that the emotions of the dream stuck with you so much for several days leads me to believe this was past-life related.

Being pulled outside of the dream world for that little bit where you were trying to work through what could potentially happen also seems like a process that would only happen in a spiritual dream (as the processing of different possible ways a regular dream will continue generally happens on an unconscious level). I have had several dreams (and even one or two regressions) where I found myself somewhat outside of the scene. Once, I entered a dream in an area where there were many people doing different tasks. I looked around until I found one person (who looked a great deal different than I do), said to myself, "Look, there I am!" and saw the rest of the dream from his perspective. Another time, my mind got ahead when I was viewing a memory and I knew that I was about to take a drastic step. So I left first person, and the scene continued behind me at a very sluggish pace. I calculated if I truly needed to make the decision that my past-life persona was coming to, realized that it was inevitable, and returned focus to the matter at hand.

I cannot tell you for certain one way or another what your dream was, but I would lean toward considering it to be a past-life memory.

fireflydancing likes this.