A Past Life in Ireland

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by bluegreen, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bluegreen

bluegreen Registered

Hi There!

This is a long one but I want to give some background. Many years ago I had lived in the States. I finished High school in the west. I studied british history in my last year there. It was a high honors class. I don't even remember how I got into that class as I wasn't particularly a brillant student. It covered early to late British History. It was taught by a good teacher and I liked it. Queens and Kings..and all that jazz.

I used to love reading the textbook. Something caught my eye and it totally took possession of my mind. It had a very short chapter regarding the fight between Ireland and Great Britain concerning Ireland's right to independence.

It triggered something inside me and I felt that I had to go visit Ireland. Yearning...whatever. I don't remember what I felt but I had to find a way to get there.

I studied a travel column that was published in the local newspaper every week. I found an article that talked about how you can join an organization and stay with a host family in a foreign country. I found one for Ireland. Next... since I had no money...I worked three jobs and I managed to scrape up the money to travel there in a short time.

To make a long story short...I have traveled there twice.
    I am Greek..South American descent. I have no conscious connection with anything Irish. I became obsessed with traditional Irish music. Hearing Gaelic for the first time was like music to my ears. I brought back tapes of Clannard and whatnot before anyone ever heard of them in the States.

First Impressions...I clearly remembered when I first walked in Dublin. I was crossing a bridge and I said to myself. I have been here..I know this bridge...this is so familiar to me.

During a fun drinking night ...I got up and danced wildly to Irish music. Everyone was taken back by my passion. Ha!

Later...I studied English Literature in college. The first time that I saw the picture of the poet Yeats in a college textbook. I said to myself...I know this man. Not knew but know..instant recognition.

From my meditations...I might had a couple of lifetimes in Ireland. One in the very distant past and one during the late 1800s.

My images and feelings...

I believe that I was an friend (acquaintance?) of both Yeats and Maud Gonne. I was a young man...interested in literary stuff. I had belonged to some kind of literary club where I had met him. I might had dabbled a bit in poetry. I might had some literary aspirations in that area.

The main key in our realtionship was our love-hate obsession with Ireland's frustrations with Great Britain.

In my mind's eye..I can see Yeats and Gonne fighting over some point during a rehearsal of a play. I was sitting in the stage..thinking to myself... Here they go again.

Since I was younger than them...I have a feeling that I was someone that they teased a bit. They respected my passion for Ireland and my honesty and that's about it.

I think that I faded from my intense involvement with them and their group. I had involved myself in printing. I think that I helped write and set up pamphlets. Supposedly I was a gentleman from a higher class with an education and some money. I had sympathesized with Irish's working class. I donated time and money to them back then..

Last Flashback...I was in the streets. With one firearm. I ran out so I can help anyone that I knew(?) I was not a rebel. Intense Firearms. Everything getting blown up. Running.Hiding.Trying to help a group of people pass a building. Raw Fear. I was shot several times..one in the stomach. I bled to death in a doorway.

I died with no regrets except that I would never see my country again. Hence my obsession in my late teens to go back again(?)

I feel that my mother suffered greatly from my death as I was her only or favorite son. I can still see her...dressed in black...looking out over her grounds..thinking of me.

I did some research. Easter Uprising...I cried when I saw real time photos of some of the devastation. I know that is where I met my death.

It's wierd..I have so many images but I can't get a hold of my name. Maybe that might come later. I knew that I had a sweetheart from the working class. She went out to look for me. I am not sure if she was the one who found my body.

I am sorry for this ramble of a story with plenty of grammar mistakes. Hopefully by repeating it here. I can forget about it actually.

The only problem that I believe remains from that particular past life is that every Greek Easter...the young kids here celebrate the birth of Christ by throwing fire crackers. Every church ground turns into a war zone. I cannot go out to celebrate as I literally shake from the sound of them. I hide in my house. My body actually acts as if I am being shot at...Strange...huh! Helena

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Welcome to the forum Helena,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I do have a question though - why do you want to forget about it? Why do you think it still lingers? Is there something perhaps - that you have not remembered that is important? Are you suppressing something? Just a few thoughts to ponder.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Thanks for sharing your story Helena. Did the trips to Ireland do anything towards relieving your obsession with that country, or that lifetime? I too have an ever increasing desire to return to a country where I lived before, sometimes to the point where it seems to overtake everything else going on in my life, I feel totally drawn there. When I do eventually get to go there, I wonder if it will help me to 'let go' of that lifetime and 'move on'. Has actually seeing where you lived before first hand, with your own eyes, changed you in any way?

Chris - :)

4. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I found that the thing that obssessed me that did tie in wth past lives, had alot of lessons to teach me . Working very hard on remembering all that I could about the issues that were brought up was well worth the effort as I am much happier now. ...

I became an avid reader of the time in history concerning the lives < and I was not a reader type at all. The more I read it did get easier to understand myself and what the delimna was that was frustrating me.

It can turn out to be a longer investigation of remembering many lives throughout my history --- I would often think geeh I feel alot happier and am content then I would see someting else in myself to focus on.

You said that you could tell your mother in that life had a very hard time.. INteresting .. That would mean you were aware of things after your death. Just thinking too that you said you had no regrets but yet you did feel your mothers pain alot. SO I am wondering if you focus on more about your relationship with that mother , you may uncover more of the reason you have had such a draw to that life.

Have you done any meditation ??You could ask yourself in meditation more about this woman.. Questions like do you know this person now? DId you know her from other times.?

Our motivations are based alot on family roots and it is good to have an understanding of those roots and what made us the person we are. I traced several of my family members/freinds to see how our karma unfolded and that helped me to put the pieces together of my soul journeys to find alot of peace. .

soulfreindly

5. bluegreen

bluegreen Registered

Hi There!

Sometimes to remember....is to relive the emotions in my case. Bittersweet to say the least. A life cut short. Maybe its too close on the surface for comfort. Maybe...I am just being too dramatic! Ha!

I haven't visited Ireland in years. Maybe its time for another trip.

Thank you for responding and I will think about your comment. Helena

6. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

I have just the opposite feeling about Ireland.

I'm Irish....My father was Matthew Patrick Donoghue and decended from ancestors who lived in the county of Kerry on the Lakes of Killarney...in what is now the partially rebuilt Ross Castle.

I have NO desire to ever go to Ireland and I absolutely hate Irish music. I also hate Country music here and have since found out many Irish settled down south and brought their fiddles with them....so the mournful love songs of the south are Irish heritage...

I believe I was a monk in Ireland but don't remember anything except the sight of smoke and fire...

Today I received Healing your Past Lives with the CD by Roger Woolger....so....I'm going to take a hike from this lovely site and see what I can find out.......Wish me luck.......Cheers everybody

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Good luck with the cd Florence, and do let us know how you get on, a lot of members have had some good results with that one - :)

8. greekboy1981

greekboy1981 Registered

A Past Life in Ireland

Hello , I am a Greek man myself , althrough I am not sure whether reincarnation is real or not , but I am reading the posts on this forum often . Well , I would be very happy to find a way to see my past lifes .... I did meditation only once with a close friend who said I could meditate very easily but since then I have not had any chance to do so , I only know simple meditation for relaxing and fighting the stress.

I never tried to do past life meditation ... ...

Can you please help me learn how to meditate for past lifes?

I dont know why , but I feel a connection on the Victorian Era , or the Edwardian one .. I mean , the way that the Gentlemen clothes look like .. and that many gentlemen were having mustaches ... I also feel some connection to HM King George I of Hellenes ....

enough with my blurbs

:)

Carol your site and forum are wonderful !! Keep going on!!

:thumbsup:

9. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Helena, I find your memories intriguing! During my teens I was also obsessed with everything Irish and I also manage to go stay with a hostfamily in Dublin :D Anyway, it's ten years ago now. Thank you for sharing your memories. I'm very interested in hearing if you find out more :)

Greekboy, there are many ways to meditate. Please check out the Past Life Regression-section - in there you will find both a Regression FAQ and a sticky with Regression cds suitable for regression . You may be interested in How can I learn about my past lives as well.

Good luck :)

10. bluegreen

bluegreen Registered

Hi There!

Wow! Thanks for the thoughtful comments..I was feeling rather vulnerable today..thinking that I told too much about a personal matter.

Let me clarify my mother's feelings. I didn't see or feel my mother's feelings while I died. It's only a seeing and feeling that I recieved during a flashback during this lifetime.

My Irish connection or whatever is the most detail remembering that I have yet. I think because I tried so hard to go back when I was younger.

Funny...since I went back. It stopped my obsession. I still like Irish music and all but I am not fanatic about Ireland like I use to be...

I am now more interested about my personal past life connections with friends and family in this lifetime.

Thank you all again...Helena

11. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

It's exactly the same with me. When I came home I wrote a novel that took place in ancient Ireland and a short story about 'the troubles'. That sort of ended it all. As for you - I still *like* Ireland, Irish music etc. but I'm not obsessed anymore. Personally I think I processed some past life issues by going there and writing those stories - subconsciously - as I wasn't considering reincarnation back then.

:)