a theory..

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Nixie, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Nixie

Nixie New Member

Hi.. new here..
    but.. stop me if this has been done before but..
    I have a theory.

Things in our current lives have to do with our past.
    For example.. transgender (and before you start, my sister is transgender and MY HERO and also believes/supports this theory) for example of how our past lives effect our current; If a person lives a large majority of their past lives as one sex... say they are female for the past X amount of lives and then is reborn as male, their soul's memory is only used to being female so they end up transgender or possibly just gay.

What do you guys think?

This also translates in other ways such as possible mental illness in the form of borderline personality disorder (aka, me) . Take me for example; I am this odd female who can't get a break in life and has constant bad luck that gets noticed and pointed out by others and has this weird sort of god complex (not that I think or see myself as a god but I am in search of one) it almost feels like a cult sort of complex. Like in my past life I was in a cult and I was close to the leader and worshiped him like a god and in this life I am being punished for the stuff I did in sad cult and constantly trying to find someone to replace the "god" that I lost. ....I know this sounds pretty insane but I thought if anyone could give some insight on this it would be you guys. What are your thoughts?

99SOphie99 likes this.
  2. 99SOphie99

99SOphie99 New Member

That is a very interesting theory. I would say it is not the sole reason, but I could very well imagine that our past life gender at least had an effect of this :)

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Nixie,

This topic has been discussed in depth in many different threads and it is one that continues to reappear on a regular basis. The answer to your query is: Yes, there appears to be a tie-in between past-life gender and current life issues in terms of homosexuality and trans-sexuality. It appears that people tend to have cross-gender incarnations about 1 out of 10 lifetimes from Ian Stevenson's decades of research. http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page...s-religion-nationality-gender-change&hl=en_US :

"Reincarnation cases that involve change of gender give us insight on why some people are homosexual. Dr. Stevenson's research reveals that souls change gender in only 10 percent of cases. Individuals who incarnate into a gender they are not accustomed to may retain the desires of their usual gender, which can lead to homosexuality or being lesbian."

Also, see: http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-past-lifes-lives-gender-change. According to Stevenson's research, these occasional cross-gender lives can be problematic from a dysphoria/adjustment standpoint. However, there are others on this board that report memories of cross-gender lives without such problems--which may be a function of soul age (having had many such lives in the past and learned to make the adjustment) and/or spiritual maturity and/or who knows? Also, there may well be other issues on the usual nature/nurture side of things--i.e., we are physical beings with genetics and other issues that impact us. Many questions remain, but you may wish to review Ian Stevenson's site overall and especially information at the links given above.

Also, you can learn a lot by reading through all the various threads started by "The Divine One" where many of these issues have been discussed at great length.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

I believe that sexual tendencies are related to our biological heritage, not to our spiritual. I may be wrong.

When we look for answers, we have to keep in mind that our perception and reasoning are heavily influenced by our beliefs, wishes, fears, ...

5. SeaAndSky

Hi Baro-san,

You may be right. As I noted, we are physical beings, and impacted by nature/nurture, including genetics, etc.

There has been a lot of discussion on this issue at one time or another. BTW--There is also the possibility of obsession by disembodied spirits, which I did not mention, but Kenj can also tell you about that. Frankly, there's a lot going on in the world--physical and non-physical--that we don't know about. I have found that using "reincarnation" or "past lives" as a go-to solution/answer to almost every mystery or problem can be very tempting, but we just can't be sure most of the time. Sometimes it is. Even more often it is--a possible factor. Most of the time--we're just speculating based on very limited information.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

Gender for me is a very difficult concept.
    The soul isn't designed male or female.. it's the brains mash of hormones and the current society that determines gender.
    So I can't really say I'm male or female. In my dreams I am often completely genderless, because I leave my body I become me in my purest moment. I've been fascinated/extremely fond of both men and women in the past, though I think I'm strongly drawn to men the most, but that might just be because I lack a father figure this time around, or I like the way they dress? I have no clue.
    I'm a hopeless romantic that men should be strong, and women should be beautiful, but at the same time that's an extremely naive point of view, because women should be able to fight, and men should be able to do ballet.
    I think gender is way too built up to be separate, we live in a society that forces us to be either one or the other, when we mostly have traits of both.
    The soul isn't about gender, I don't think it even factors into who we are as beings.

I'd have rather fought in a battle and died for my Captain, than learned how to stitch a seam.
    I think the most accomplished people in history should be those who know how to hold a sword in one hand and a needle in the other.

The body to me is just a vessel, though all of my Biped bodies have been female I suppose I would say I was.. female if I had to choose.
    But if I were to take a body without gender, without sexual organs, I certainly wouldn't feel out of place, in fact I would probably feel elated to be rid of the burden of having to choose.
    It's a shame that so many men and women have to go through the pain, self doubt and embarrassment of having to pick one or the other.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. SeaAndSky

Hi Cassie,

There have been lots of debates on the board about whether what we ultimately are--whether referred to as a "soul" or something else--has gender or not. I'm in the "gender" camp on that one, and find that the propensity to reincarnate almost exclusively as one gender or another (for most people) as per Stevenson's research is an indicator of this fact. However, there are plenty of wise people on this board who would argue the other side of the question.

In terms of m/f qualities, I also think that people have a a bit of the other included--the dot of yin in the yang and vice versa. Actually, I don't think that we could understand each other otherwise. However, I have found that all the things I was taught about the differences between boys and girls and men and women are true . . . "in general".

There are exceptions, and trying to make everything absolute so that males must adhere to a certain male stereotype and females must adhere to a certain female stereotype is oppressive and constrictive. However, I don't think the modern tendency to try and minimize, ignore and/or eliminate sexual differences so that we now have to all meet some stereotype of the ideal androgyne is even more restrictive, oppressive and ludicrous. I.e., forcing boys to act more like girls and girls to act more like boys or forcing both to act like something in-between is even less helpful and more restrictive than the older tendency to force everyone to conform to a strict binary stereotype.

Here's an idea! Why don't we just let people act like who they individually are. . . . Don't hold your breath on that one.

Cordially,
    S&S

8. Cassie

SAS,
    Agreed! Couldn't find anything to argue with really, not that I was trying too hard.
    So. I guess that's all I can say!

You're better at forming words than I am, most of the time I'm fighting to drag them out of my murky mind pond.

9. SeaAndSky

Hi Cassie,

Don't worry, just keep working on pulling them out and putting them down. Its just something that gets better with time, and at 60++ I've been writing for a living for almost 40 years now. However, going back 45-50 years, I felt pretty much the same as you do now.

Cordially,
    S&S

10. Cassie

Age is a gift, it's such a shame that people suffer from it, rather than strive for it.
    This body is extremely short term, coming from someone who had experienced a.. well, a longer term previously (but rule breaking prohibits talk of it). I'm always elated to meet people who have grown rapidly to accommdate this situation. So thank you for the wisdom!