• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A Very Odd Dream or Something Else?

PastPilot

PastPilot
When I was 24 years old, as I lay asleep in my bed, on my back, in dreamland one Sunday morning, I had my sleep interrupted by both a sound and a thumping on my stomach. At first I just ignored it, but slowly, as I came out of my sleep, I became aware that the noise was something odd and quite loud. It sounded like something grumbling and cursing, angrily, but was not speaking words I could recognize. As I became more awake I managed a quick glimpse of the creature through my sleep filled eyes. It was gnome-like, a very short human, about one foot in height, dressed in drab clothing, and was, for some unknown reason, jumping up and down on my stomach in an angry fashion. When I finally was completely awake and and could focus my eyes upon the creature it had already disappeared.

I lay there a short while asking myself if was a dream or was it real? I rolled over and asked my wife if she had heard anything, but she was still asleep. She just cursed me for waking her and went back to sleep. It was at that moment that I realized my stomach hurt as if someone had punched me. I could still feel the pain an hour later.

As a child, say 5 or 6 years old, I have had incidents where I saw an odd entity or two. Luckily, with one, I was with my grandmother who was a psychic. I asked her about it and she just said that I saw a naughty entity. She explain that entities will always have fun with children and that in the future I was just to ignore them as they have no place in our realm. She said it so nonchalantly, as if she saw them all the time, which according to her, she did.

--

I haven't seen an entity since, but I have spoken with several people who have, and listened to their stories, combined with my Grandmother's stories, and oddly, they are all very interesting because their descriptions describe the same entities, just 40 years apart. None of the people I spoke with knew each other, yet their descriptions matched. It makes me wonder about our world.

Gladly I don't ever recall SEEING an entity (evil or otherwise), but in my OOBE's I do recall feeling something when one was nearby to me, and in those rare instances I would imagine myself standing in a circle of White light fringed in Gold while calling upon the Creator and speaking his name for protection.

This scenario has never let me down and continues to offer me protection, even to this day.

Yesterday some mischievous being was blowing in my ear and leaning up against my back and arm after I had nearly fallen asleep meditating. I came alert enough to ask, "Who are you?" and my guide came up, grabbed him by the ear (don't ask me how I know) and towed him out of my "room" like an intrusive schoolboy.

As he left, he told me, "Don't worry, you don't need to know him yet. He is nothing to do with you right now." I got the impression this being is intended to show up in another time or space, maybe, and had come to "visit" me early as a joke.

I felt like some stranger was behaving as if he knew me well. Slightly uncomfortable, but not upset because he clearly had good intentions.

Thankfully, I have not seen evil creatures. It's enough to be affected by the presence of ill intent without seeing it embodied.

Mere Dreamer said:
Yesterday some mischievous being was blowing in my ear and leaning up against my back and arm after I had nearly fallen asleep meditating. I came alert enough to ask, "Who are you?" and my guide came up, grabbed him by the ear (don't ask me how I know) and towed him out of my "room" like an intrusive schoolboy.
As he left, he told me, "Don't worry, you don't need to know him yet. He is nothing to do with you right now." I got the impression this being is intended to show up in another time or space, maybe, and had come to "visit" me early as a joke.

I felt like some stranger was behaving as if he knew me well. Slightly uncomfortable, but not upset because he clearly had good intentions.

Thankfully, I have not seen evil creatures. It's enough to be affected by the presence of ill intent without seeing it embodied.
The only book dealing with past lives I have read that mentions entities, or mischievous beings, is one of Michael Newton's books. He asked a number of his clients under hypnosis, while doing between life regression, if they had ever encountered entities and the answer was yes, but it was rare. In most cases, the entities were souls from other dimensions, not evil, who were just out exploring. In these cases, these souls were hushed away much like they were in your experience because they had no reason to be in our realm. They were just being mischievous.

I am actually surprised at how few people have responded to entities as a question. Growing up with my psychic Grandmother and aunt, it was often a topic of discussion.

What is an entity ? I think of there being several varieties..>

I once became aware of a thought form.. I noticed that the thought was not really mine .. I wished it well and it let me alone.

I had a regression to the bardo after my last life.. I was in a ghost state.. It was very very lonely.. I felt the emotions of other ghosts around me / from the same place where I had been killed. I could not communicate with any of them.. thus the acute lonleyness sp? I sense that that experience made me very sensitive to others peoples energies.

I did not want to return.. I remember my twin sister coming to me in that ghostly state and bringing me back to earth. We were twins in the womb , She passed on around one month. This phenomena of womb twins is apparently quite common. I wrestled with my feelings around my twin sister alot since becoming aware of her.

Then when I had a near death experience I met this same twin sister . I later learned that she had reattached to me .. remaining in spirit and hanging around me until I was told by a psychic of her existence in my late 40s.

I was already aware of ghosts / having had a ghost in my apartment speak to me. I had learned through another psychic to help this ghost move on. He was someone who had committed suicide.. A young man who had lived in the basement suite below me . this was confirmed by someone who lived here in that time of his death..

So I used the same techinique with my sister. I felt her presence and I felt her leaving me .. on to her own life

Hi PastPilot,

Sorry to be so tardy responding to your post, which I found very interesting. As someone who affirms your own innate Irishness, you probably have some pretty good ideas about this kind of thing. I would be interested to hear more about your own thoughts and those of the psychics in your family.

From what I can tell, there is a lot of stuff out there, not all of it human in "origin" or in "destination". Most folks in the occult universe seem to postulate the existence of completely different types of beings that inhabit this planet by right just as we do. (I'm leaving out the interlopers from other worlds/dimensions/etc. at this point). Elementals, nature spirits, guardians of the wild, etheric entitites, etc.--I pefer to just refer to them as the "Fay" ("Fairies" used to be a good general term, but it now brings to mind fluttering Tinkerbell and her compatriots). Of course, for us folks that like to affirm some type of Celtic heritage--spiritual or otherwise--they are a familiar part of our folklore just as they are found in folklore around the world.

Anyhow, whether referred to as the "fay", Longaevi, Sidhe (Irish), Sith (Scottish), Seelie and Unseelie host (Scottish), or referred to by various types, such as gnomes, fairies, brownies, etc., they appear to represent a separate category of beings that seem to belong here by right, just as we do--though their purposes here don't seem to have much to do with ours, and we usually seem to get the worst of it in one-on-one encounters (with your encounter providing a typical example). BTW--Why the little guy decided to give you a hard time is hard for me to fathom--do you have any ideas?

You may enjoy reading the first-hand reports of some encounters given by Moyra Doorly linked below. I find her particularly reliable as she seems to be a fairly respectable Roman Catholic type from what I can make out, and the author of a book extolling the virtues of traditional church architecture (she is an architect). I like to read accounts from people that one would not usually expect to be the "type" to make such reports--there is something innately convincing about reports from sources that one might usually expect to be skeptical both on religious and practical grounds:

I look forward to getting further info and thoughts from you on this subject. It is a fascinating area of inquiry.

Cordially,

S&S

SeaAndSky said:
Hi PastPilot,
From what I can tell, there is a lot of stuff out there, not all of it human in "origin" or in "destination". Most folks in the occult universe seem to postulate the existence of completely different types of beings that inhabit this planet by right just as we do. (I'm leaving out the interlopers from other worlds/dimensions/etc. at this point). Elementals, nature spirits, guardians of the wild, etheric entitites, etc.--I pefer to just refer to them as the "Fay" ("Fairies" used to be a good general term, but it now brings to mind fluttering Tinkerbell and her compatriots). Of course, for us folks that like to affirm some type of Celtic heritage--spiritual or otherwise--they are a familiar part of our folklore just as they are found in folklore around the world.

Anyhow, whether referred to as the "fay", Longaevi, Sidhe (Irish), Sith (Scottish), Seelie and Unseelie host (Scottish), or referred to by various types, such as gnomes, fairies, brownies, etc., they appear to represent a separate category of beings that seem to belong here by right, just as we do--though their purposes here don't seem to have much to do with ours, and we usually seem to get the worst of it in one-on-one encounters (with your encounter providing a typical example). BTW--Why the little guy decided to give you a hard time is hard for me to fathom--do you have any ideas?
Had it not been for my grandmother, I would never have known anything about the fairey folk while I was a child. I wish I had asked more because she stated several times that she saw fairies in many people's gardens. My grandmother just said that they were common to see. I do recall that she stated to me, that you just have to stare at a spot where you feel they are and sooner or later you will see them. I tried it as a child, but lacked the patience to sit still long enough to do much. I am better at it now, but now I am too busy with work on most days.

I have no idea why the nome was jumping up and down on me. I asked a psychic soon after and all she said was that they can be mischievous. Our house at that time was a quite old, so its not like it was an intrusion on the spirits/fairey folks space. The house was situated in a forested area and was probably one of the few houses that was in a more natural setting than most. However, with that said, I never saw anything else the whole time we lived there, other than that one nome.

One story I remember from years ago was from a neighbor of ours, when I was about 6 or 7 years old. My mother was a "stay-at-home" mother while my father went off to work each day. My mother would often have the other stay-at-home mothers come over for coffee. I remember seeing a number of women at my house over the years. One mother came over for coffee one beautiful sunny day back in 1966(?) and told my mother something that happened the day earlier. She had two daughters 4 and 5 years old and after breakfast they went outside to play in the garden with their dolls. It was a hot sunny day. About a hour before lunch one came into the house to get a glass of water and the mother asked, "How is it going?". The girls just stated, in a matter of fact way, "We are playing with our dolls, and ... Oh... we saw a fairey". The mother asked, "A fairey? What did it look like?". The little girl just said, in a matter of fact way, "Oh... she had long blonde hair, a blue-silvery dress, a red hat and had wings. She few around us and then took off into the garden". With that, the child ran off back into the garden to play again. Half an hour later, her sister came back into the house, also for a glass of water, and the mother asked her about the fairey. "Did you see the fairey too?" her mother asked, and the little girl, also in a matter of fact way, "Yes... she had long blonde hair, a blue-silvery dress, a red hat and had wings. She few around us and several times then flew away into the garden". With that, the child ran off back into the garden to play leaving her mother to wonder.

Another story I heard was from a woman I worked with many years ago. We got onto the topic of fairies, etc and she said when she was 4 or 5 years old, at night, she would watch the fairies play in the remote part of the garden. She said she could see them from her bedroom window. I asked, "What did it look like, these fairies playing?" She stated, "It was similar to watching fireflies, except there were bursts of color. It was almost like a light show or fireworks, in some way". She added, "We did not have fireflies in our region as it was too cold, but the fairies would fly around and around causing that part of the garden to glow beautiful colors at night. She'd watch them in the summer nights. One day, when she and her sister were playing with their dolls in the garden, she suggested to her sister that they play over in the remote part of the garden, to which her sister stated, almost angrily, "No, you never go over there, that is where the fairies live and play!". It was only then she realized that her sister could also see the fairies at night. She was not so privileged. This would have taken place between 1948-1954.

You may enjoy reading the first-hand reports of some encounters given by Moyra Doorly linked below. I find her particularly reliable as she seems to be a fairly respectable Roman Catholic type from what I can make out, and the author of a book extolling the virtues of traditional church architecture (she is an architect). I like to read accounts from people that one would not usually expect to be the "type" to make such reports--there is something innately convincing about reports from sources that one might usually expect to be skeptical both on religious and practical grounds:

I look forward to getting further info and thoughts from you on this subject. It is a fascinating area of inquiry.

Cordially,

S&S
I will check out these links later today. I think I have to become a member of this forum first, and then log-in as the links both go to an ad page for the forum rather than specific articles.

When I asked my grandmother about faries, particularly asking, "What do fairies look like?", she stated that Cicely Mary Barker's artwork is very close. My grandmother always assumed that Cicely Mary Barker was secretly clairvoyant or had collaborated with clairvoyants to paint her fairies so accurately. However, speaking with other people, they describe them differently, but this may relate to people seeing other beings other than fairies. Its hard to really know.

However, when my grandmother spoke of the entities she saw in the old downtown region of our city, she was not talking about beautiful fairies. These were more sinister.

Hi PastPilot,

You're right about my links, they don't go where they used to go when I saved them a few years back. However, I found a pdf of the first article here:

((Not found))

The second article was a bit more of a commentary rather than an account of interactions, so this pdf probably gives you the best of the two. (I found her account of how she learned to see these entities particularly interesting--another one of those things I'd like to get around to cultivating "one of these days").

In terms of types, I was also thinking "gnome" when I heard your description of your small tormentor. However, I don't know that it is necessary to assume that you did something in particular to deserve his wrath (though who knows--you may have trespassed just in walking around in the woods). In any case, I think they sometimes take out their grievances against mankind on whoever is handy. Maybe your aura or something about you let him know that you'd be aware of who did the deed rather than just thinking you woke up with a case of indigestion.

Also, in terms of the bad-uns, there always seem to be some that will cause problems in the old tales (as well as the new). I'd like to be able to see them at their work, but tend to think that cultivating a relationship is a dangerous thing in general (as Moyra found out). Probably the best way to do it (at least with the nature spirits) is to simply try to join them in making things beautiful and appreciating the beautiful in nature. But I'm just guessing from what I've read.

BTW--Did you ever read the Findhorne Garden books in those days of yore?

S&S

SeaAndSky said:
Hi PastPilot,
The second article was a bit more of a commentary rather than an account of interactions, so this pdf probably gives you the best of the two. (I found her account of how she learned to see these entities particularly interesting--another one of those things I'd like to get around to cultivating "one of these days").
I read the article. Surprising, it mentions what my grandmother told me about looking at a spot in the garden and keep looking at it until you see them. My grandmother never said it wouldn't happen; she just pointed out that it will take a while before you do see them. I will have to give this a try as I have a wild grass field and woods in my backyard.

SeaAndSky said:
In terms of types, I was also thinking "gnome" when I heard your description of your small tormentor. However, I don't know that it is necessary to assume that you did something in particular to deserve his wrath (though who knows--you may have trespassed just in walking around in the woods). In any case, I think they sometimes take out their grievances against mankind on whoever is handy. Maybe your aura or something about you let him know that you'd be aware of who did the deed rather than just thinking you woke up with a case of indigestion.
The only feeling I had about the encounter is that the creature picked me out rather than go after my wife. It felt more like a "kick at" the male human than me being targeted specifically, unless I perhaps mowed the lawn the day before or weed-wacked where I shouldn't have. It was an odd encounter.

One thing my grandmother did point out is that you shouldn't really seek out fairies because we do not belong in their realm. Seeing them is OK, but do not interact with them. Best to just observe from a distance and leave it at that. I had a psychic state the same thing years ago when I told her of the Gnome incident. Best to just leave them alone. Our life paths serves a different purpose so its best to just ignore them, although being an illustrator/artist, I wouldn't mind seeing them so I could illustrate them first hand rather than just "make it up" as many artists do.

SeaAndSky said:
Also, in terms of the bad-uns, there always seem to be some that will cause problems in the old tales (as well as the new). I'd like to be able to see them at their work, but tend to think that cultivating a relationship is a dangerous thing in general (as Moyra found out). Probably the best way to do it (at least with the nature spirits) is to simply try to join them in making things beautiful and appreciating the beautiful in nature. But I'm just guessing from what I've read.
I can write what four people told me about the "bad" entities, which I found very interesting because all four encounters happened at different times, years apart, and yet, all four people describe the same thing. That got my attention simply because the odds are against four people, who do not know each other (although the last two did know each other in a sense) just making up the same stories when the details all match so closely are not good odds. I found an article written online about 10 years ago by a South American shaman who also describes the exact same thing. He put meaning behind it with his description and understanding. This matched what my grandmother said to me in a number of ways. Unfortunately, his website disappeared. I made a copy of the text from his website, but cannot remember what I did with it. I hope I saved it to disk, or its residing on my old computer's hard drive.

My grandmother spoke to me of it back in 1968. A psychic told me the same thing in 1996 and I met a girl who told me the same thing again in 2008. All were speaking of the same entities and all were describing their personal experiences, which happened in the exact same part of the city where I grew up. The fourth person, a psychic, and I happen to be together, walking down a street when she described the entities as she was witnessing them -- we were in the downtown area when we witnessed two people verbally fighting across the street from us. Another person who also witnessed the incident, also a psychic, was a block away and she too described to me the same incident as she witnessed it, and the two described the the exact same the same thing. I find it odd that so many people can describe the same entities, in the same part of town, yet so many years apart.

I will have to write it down here (somewhere; probably on a new thread) once I have more time, probably later this week or early next week.

BTW--Did you ever read the Findhorne Garden books in those days of yore?

S&S
No, but I just ordered a copy. I will soon have read it! Thank you!

Hi PastPilot,

I will look forward to your further writings in regard to the negative entities (to use one of the fancier new-fangled names for such things) you learned about. I agree. It sounds like you have come across some extremely well verified information on this particular group (pod?) of bad-uns--who are apparently up to no good in human domains. (I'm tempted to speak of a "glob" of goblins, a "sport" of spirits, or a "gaggle" of ghouls--but I am actually very serious about such things). Unlike some, I definitely believe in evil non-material beings. Whether it all turns out "right" in the end for such beings (via some long-term karmic payback and spiritual evolution) and all can be expected to reach "enlightenment" or something similar someday is beyond the scope of my immediate concerns. I'm more worried about the fact that they can be a problem right here and now--however they are classified and whatever their long-term prospects may be.

On another subject, I think you'll really enjoy the Findhorn Garden book, and may also like to acquire "The Gentleman and the Faun"--which is written by ROC, who you will soon become acquainted with. On still another subject--Moyra Doorly's account--I think one of the spookiest sections was when she passed, seemingly without a single hitch, into an alternate reality and was "invited" to stay and eat (or eat and stay)--always a danger if you stumble into "elfhame". My sense was that the "stripies" (which remind me of the prisoners clothed in striped clothing I used to see) were those who had stumbled in before and remained only as shells of themselves. Anyway, I think she and her partner did the right thing in cutting off contact and withdrawing. They were in over their heads.

Cordially,

S&S

SeaAndSky said:
Hi PastPilot,
I will look forward to your further writings in regard to the negative entities (to use one of the fancier new-fangled names for such things) you learned about. I agree. It sounds like you have come across some extremely well verified information on this particular group (pod?) of bad-uns--who are apparently up to no good in human domains....

On another subject, I think you'll really enjoy the Findhorn Garden book, and may also like to acquire "The Gentleman and the Faun"--which is written by ROC, who you will soon become acquainted with. On still another subject--Moyra Doorly's account--I think one of the spookiest sections was when she passed, seemingly without a single hitch, into an alternate reality and was "invited" to stay and eat (or eat and stay)--always a danger if you stumble into "elfhame". My sense was that the "stripies" (which remind me of the prisoners clothed in striped clothing I used to see) were those who had stumbled in before and remained only as shells of themselves. Anyway, I think she and her partner did the right thing in cutting off contact and withdrawing. They were in over their heads.

Cordially,

S&S
I have read of people's accounts where they state they were invited into the Fairy's world. I never understood how that happens or why. Are the fairies looking for companionship, or are they just malicious? It sounds like they are dangerous creatures, but from my grandmother's perspective, they are just beings who share our world, but do not try to contact them, except from a safe distance.

I remember my grandmother telling me that she used to walk through the parks in the summer seeing the new mothers with the babies in their baby carriages. The baby would be watching the fairies flying around, entertained by the spectacle. The babies would be laughing and giggling, trying to reach out to touch them, while their mothers were totally oblivious. The fairies meant no harm, but were just curious and being playful.

However, on the other end of the stick, my mother told me last year that one of her children was being annoyed by a malicious fairly/gnome. She wasn't sure if it was me or my brother, but as a baby we were crying a lot while in our crib. Luckily, this started a week before my grandmother was due to show up for a three month visit. The day after my grandmother showed up, the baby was crying again and my mother asked her mother what does that mean when a baby cries all the time at the same time of day. My grandmother said she would take a look and went into the baby's room. The baby stopped crying and my grandmother came out about 20 minutes later. She told my mother that is was just a malicious gnome. He was running around the crib, finding it amusing that he could scare the baby. She stated, "I set him right and scolded him, telling him to never come back". My mother stated that the crying stopped and it never happened again.

I do remember when I was about 10 years old I was talking with my friend Marcus. He stated that two years earlier that he awoke one morning to see a small bearded guy sitting on his chest. He said he thought he was dreaming and reached out to touch him but as his hand almost reached him, he was bitten. He jumped out of bed and the gnome disappeared. He figured it was all just a dream, and everyone laughed at him, but he stated that his finger hurt all day after that. He was sort of convinced it was a gnome, but he didn't dare to admit it. I didn't laugh. I remembered what my grandmother had told me.

I will post my story about "Negative Entities" shortly. It took a long time to write up. I remember more than I originally had. Its a bit long. I may post it on another site and place a link to it on this discussion forum.

Hi PastPilot,

I think most of the stories of humans being invited into the fairy world are just that--stories, i.e., works of poetry or fiction. Some, like Moyra's appear to be true. How could it happen? Well, I have to guess that this would depend on "what" kind of "stuff" these beings are made of and how that relates to our world and an alternate reality. Just to hypothesize:

The various types or layers of "stuff" making up the other levels/realities--physical, astral, mental, etc. (just to use convenient terminology that's been around for a while) are supposedly made up of "material" that is much "finer" and/or vibrates at a "higher frequency" than ordinary matter. (Don't ask me what all of that means, but you've probably read the same kind of things). I have assumed--or maybe I read it somewhere--that these beings, can pass between the astral and the physical levels pretty easily (especially since they don't have a cumbersome physical body to deal with).

So, I would guess that they can shift their vibrational(?) level and accompanying perceptions downward so that they are perceiving and interacting with the physical (at least to some extent--maybe at the level that is generally referred to as the "etheric") and/or upward so that they are perceiving and interacting at the lower astral(?). (It would be a bit like tuning into different channels on the radio). If so, Moyra followed them and somehow they were able to shift her perceptions (especially since she was willing and cooperative) from the physical surroundings to alternate surroundings in the astral(?) realms. Anyhow, that is my guess in terms of what is going on.

What would have happened if she had volunteered to join them? I don't know, but I think it is possible that she would have been separated from her physical sheath (which might have been left lying by the bank of the stream in some type of inert state). Dead or comatose, I don't know which: She's "gone to be with the fairies". Would she ever come back? Beats me. But anyhow, this is all guesswork and certainly not fair to all of these entities. Most of them seem to be content to leave us alone and be left alone while they go about their own type of work and interact with nature and each other. Some even appear to be benevolently disposed towards us.

In terms of how they interact with the physical, I'm guessing that it is via the etheric, which is supposedly a higher vibrational and finer variety of matter that links the astral and lower physical (and which all of us possess). That would possibly allow them to interact with you and your friend via etheric to etheric contact.

Anyhow, all just guess work and stated in a very cumbersome way. This is an area, like reincarnation, that really needs to be subject to some type of more rigorous study.

S&S

PastPilot:

BTW--I thought I'd follow-up with an additional comment, as it has been on my mind for a while and probably deserves its own thread--though I don't know what to put down other than a basic hypothesis. (Just remember: you heard it here first).

OK, here goes: All those other levels of existence that we keep hearing about "above" the physical are composed of "dark matter".

This came to me since I tend to read about the far-out science stuff that comes up. As you probably know, the "missing mass" in the universe is supposedly made up of some type of stuff that doesn't interact (at least in any known way) with ordinary matter except through gravity. Supposedly most of the mass of the universe is this "dark matter" and nothing more can be said about it since we can't interact with it in enough detail to find out how it interacts with itself.

So, suppose this "stuff" is what comprises the other "levels" of reality we keep hearing about. It doesn't interact with ordinary matter to any extent that we (with our current science can detect), but it may interact with itself in ways we can't detect (and may also interact with ordinary physical matters in ways we haven't yet discovered). So, it begins to sound a lot like the description of the stuff that makes up all the other "planes" we keep hearing about.

Just a random guess.

S&S

SeaAndSky said:
PastPilot:
BTW--I thought I'd follow-up with an additional comment, as it has been on my mind for a while and probably deserves its own thread--though I don't know what to put down other than a basic hypothesis. (Just remember: you heard it here first).

OK, here goes: All those other levels of existence that we keep hearing about "above" the physical are composed of "dark matter".

This came to me since I tend to read about the far-out science stuff that comes up. As you probably know, the "missing mass" in the universe is supposedly made up of some type of stuff that doesn't interact (at least in any known way) with ordinary matter except through gravity. Supposedly most of the mass of the universe is this "dark matter" and nothing more can be said about it since we can't interact with it in enough detail to find out how it interacts with itself.

So, suppose this "stuff" is what comprises the other "levels" of reality we keep hearing about. It doesn't interact with ordinary matter to any extent that we (with our current science can detect), but it may interact with itself in ways we can't detect (and may also interact with ordinary physical matters in ways we haven't yet discovered). So, it begins to sound a lot like the description of the stuff that makes up all the other "planes" we keep hearing about.

Just a random guess.

S&S
Regardless, your thoughts are the only I have encountered on the subjects. I did read a long time ago in a book recounting that someone in a village stated they'd rather be with the fairies he had encountered. Apparently he was talking to people about encountering fairies in the woods next to his village. His body was discovered later without showing signs of how he died. Perhaps he did just that, entered the fairy's realm and died as a result. It is strange how many times I have read in books and articles on fairy's that one must be sure not to accept invitations to visit their realm. A few authors pointed out personal experiences of accepting such invitations only to change their minds upon approaching a collection of fairies. They described it as a feeling of doom, or impending danger, changed their minds and backtracked out of the woods quickly.

From what I have read and from what I have been told over the years, fairy's are everywhere. The only description as to what they may actually be is plant and animal spirits, but I think that may be too simplistic.

I will copy your thoughts over to a text file and keep it handy. I will see what I can come up with over the next year or so. Maybe I should keep asking my guides about it and read as much as I can on the subject. My gut feeling is that I am closer to this that I think and that I could probably see fairies if I really gave it a try. I live right next to woods and an open, wild flower field. Its the bears that concern me, not fairies.

Hi PastPilot,

Your comments about the person dying mirrors the story I was thinking of related to Rev. Robert Kirk, the author of "The Secret Commonwealth . . ." which dealt with Second Sight and a variety of other topics (including the Sidhe) from the standpoint of Scottish folklore and legend. He was also found dead on a "fairy hill" beside the manse and was reputed to have been "taken" by the fairies for publishing the secrets of their realm. I think I have read about this type of thing before, but even reading about what Moyra and the folks you mention experience set off alarm bells for me. One may have their perceptions elevated so as to see these being in our realm, but it doesn't seem that one can enter the fairy realm in any kind of permanent or lasting way without "dropping" the physical sheath. Whether this can be done without dying as a kind of astral projection for a short period I do not know, but the stories told of those who seem to progress directly there tend to be scary stories.

S&S

PS--Once again, I do not think this type of negative activity is typical of all of these types, but I do think that they could easily not see it as a problem. After all, they seem to love their work and do not carry around a dense body, so as far as they are concerned, there may not be a problem with getting rid of our clumsy bodies and joining them at their work. They may think they are doing us a favor. So it goes. That is one reason interaction may be dangerous. There is too much of a gap in the way they see things and the way we see things.

SeaAndSky said:
Hi PastPilot,
Your comments about the person dying mirrors the story I was thinking of related to Rev. Robert Kirk, the author of "The Secret Commonwealth . . ." which dealt with Second Sight and a variety of other topics (including the Sidhe) from the standpoint of Scottish folklore and legend. He was also found dead on a "fairy hill" beside the manse and was reputed to have been "taken" by the fairies for publishing the secrets of their realm. I think I have read about this type of thing before, but even reading about what Moyra and the folks you mention experience set off alarm bells for me. One may have their perceptions elevated so as to see these being in our realm, but it doesn't seem that one can enter the fairy realm in any kind of permanent or lasting way without "dropping" the physical sheath. Whether this can be done without dying as a kind of astral projection for a short period I do not know, but the stories told of those who seem to progress directly there tend to be scary stories.

S&S

PS--Once again, I do not think this type of negative activity is typical of all of these types, but I do think that they could easily not see it as a problem. After all, they seem to love their work and do not carry around a dense body, so as far as they are concerned, there may not be a problem with getting rid of our clumsy bodies and joining them at their work. They may think they are doing us a favor. So it goes. That is one reason interaction may be dangerous. There is too much of a gap in the way they see things and the way we see things.
There's a lot of folklore about people being invited to the Fairy's realm in many cultures, with various mishaps occurring. Sean Connery's movie, Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959) springs to mind. I think many of these stories originated from the days when people and nature lived side-by-side rather than today where people live in concrete cities. I think 300 years ago there were many more opportunities to see fairy's/forest spirits as people tended to walk every where and lived close to nature.

I suspect, if there is a danger with Fairy's inviting people to their deaths, it probably is because the Fairy's don't understand why we can't come to their realm. They see their existence as being the real world without thinking what our world is really about. I remember reading in Carole's book on children and reincarnation that one child spoke of death as being just a thing we do to get into heaven. What's the big deal? I think Fairies are similar. If they interact with us, they probably have no idea that we cannot crossover. I suspect our death would be looked upon as a strange phenomena, but certainly not a planned end on their part. It would just be an unfortunate accident.

SeaAndSky said:
On another subject, I think you'll really enjoy the Findhorn Garden book, and may also like to acquire "The Gentleman and the Faun"--which is written by ROC, who you will soon become acquainted with.
S&S,

I want to thank you for mentioning this; I bought and read the book and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had not heard of Findhorn before your post and enjoyed learning about that also.

There is a lot more to learn, and the more I learn, the more questions I have. Like the spirit that guarded the big tree, was there also a spirit within that tree? What was their relationship?

I always thought the spirit within the tree was the "alter ego" of the spirit guarding the tree and they had a symbiotic relationship.

Of course that thought was formulated years ago, when I was much, much younger and it seems, times were simpler.

However, nowadays, it may not be that simple, or can it still be, sometimes the "simple" explanation is quite often the correct one.

I think I'll stick with the "simple" answer for now.

And leave the "correct" answer to the more brainy experts ;)

This post jumps back to the prior posts about stumbling into the world of the Fae and having to drop the material body as a result. I have also become acquainted recently with tales of the Fae becoming enmeshed in matter and born in the flesh as humankind. There is an interesting experience recounted here:

https://monstersandmagic.wordpress.com/tag/dion-fortune/

Dion Fortune, who is named in the article is an intriguing person, as is her original teacher and mentor, who she represents as "Dr. Taverner" in the book of that name. His real name was actually Dr. Moriarty. Both are notable characters during the era when Western magic was being rediscovered and revitalized. As noted, the book she wrote about him also has some similar fae-to-human characters, plus many other unusual occult types and phenomena. A very interesting read, and readily available without violation of copyright as a pdf online. I recommend it.

S&S

PS--In keeping with the subject of this board, I can say that there are also interesting discussions and stories related to reincarnation in the book cited.

This is a very interesting thread that I thought I might bump up, for any new feedback there might be out there, as well as to let others know about an interesting discussion from the past. This thread starts out as a discussion of a strange dream and morphs into a discussion of Nature Spirits. The links to one of the cited articles "Invitation to Elfland" by Moyra Doorly, dealing with the "Excellent Adventure of Moyra and Peter" with Nature Spirits keeps changing, so here is a new link (though you should probably not read the linked article until you get to that part of the discussion):

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/collinwood/invitation-to-elfland-t1981.html

Here is a follow-up by another author explaining more about the Isle of Arran, which is apparently a very enchanted and enchanting place:

http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com/2011/11/arran-enigma.html

One of the reasons I like this account (as I probably covered above), is because Moyra Doorly is not a New Age type at all. Actually, she is a scholar, an architect, and an expert on church architecture as well as a Roman Catholic of the most conservative subset of that denomination (referred to as SSPX). So, definitely not the type I would usually expect to be carrying on about "Nature Spirits". I don't think she could be labeled as "stodgy" but . . . .

Anyhow, please enjoy the thread if you're interested in this area, and please share your thoughts and experiences if any.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Also, after discussions involving serial killers and Old Nick, I thought this would be a nice change.;)

When I was 24 years old, as I lay asleep in my bed, on my back, in dreamland one Sunday morning, I had my sleep interrupted by both a sound and a thumping on my stomach. At first I just ignored it, but slowly, as I came out of my sleep, I became aware that the noise was something odd and quite loud. It sounded like something grumbling and cursing, angrily, but was not speaking words I could recognize. As I became more awake I managed a quick glimpse of the creature through my sleep filled eyes. It was gnome-like, a very short human, about one foot in height, dressed in drab clothing, and was, for some unknown reason, jumping up and down on my stomach in an angry fashion. When I finally was completely awake and and could focus my eyes upon the creature it had already disappeared.

I lay there a short while asking myself if was a dream or was it real? I rolled over and asked my wife if she had heard anything, but she was still asleep. She just cursed me for waking her and went back to sleep. It was at that moment that I realized my stomach hurt as if someone had punched me. I could still feel the pain an hour later.

As a child, say 5 or 6 years old, I have had incidents where I saw an odd entity or two. Luckily, with one, I was with my grandmother who was a psychic. I asked her about it and she just said that I saw a naughty entity. She explain that entities will always have fun with children and that in the future I was just to ignore them as they have no place in our realm. She said it so nonchalantly, as if she saw them all the time, which according to her, she did.

--

I haven't seen an entity since, but I have spoken with several people who have, and listened to their stories, combined with my Grandmother's stories, and oddly, they are all very interesting because their descriptions describe the same entities, just 40 years apart. None of the people I spoke with knew each other, yet their descriptions matched. It makes me wonder about our world.

PastPilot, That was a very interesting inner experience you had my friend. Having had OBE's over the years I have come across some very interesting souls that live on the other side of the veil. Some good, some not and others kind of in between. From the sound of your post it sounds like you had just return to the body after a night of inner traveling on the other dimensions of our universes. However your consciousness was still centered in your astral body and was not quite aligned with your physical yet. You where seeing the gnome with your astral eyes not your physical one which were still closed. This is why your wife could not see anything.

There are a host of entity's living on the astral plane which are not human in origin but are native to the astral plane itself. Gnome, pixies, fairy's, elves, nature spirits ect... Live on the middle astral plane and are souls that have taken on a different path of spiritual evolution separate from that of man. For them they have never been physical nor will they ever will as our dimension is far to negative and harsh for them. Their lowest soul expression is on the middle or lower astral plane. Most in general do not like mankind as our astral body's are too to offensive to them. However once in awhile some will be friendly toward a human on the astral plane and one can even form friendships with them. Mostly children do simply because their astral bodies are more pure in nature than that of an adult. They general will do no real harm to you. They are just trying to get rid of you so they are more irritating if nothing else. So it sounds like one had followed you back to your physical body and was jumping up and down on your astral body which has some effect on your physical if it is aligned with it has it snaps back into place before awaking up. Next time this happens just let them know you mean nor harm but will not put up with there antics either. And strong force of will towards them will usually let them know to leave you alone. As communicate on the astral is usually telepathic by nature. Otherwise like brady kids they will keep bothering you because to them its just a game. So grandma was right on that count.

Thanks for sharing your inner travels.

Peace and love.

P.

Into a pragmatic view at start i was thinking about that explaining with the hypnagogic state of cosciensness between awake, sleep and dream, where is possible to experiment strange presence into bedroom, mostly scaring etc, i have that trouble some time, but my experiences are not with gnome, but with lowest plane creatures, i fear.
so i am very scarry about that and i not talk of it lovely :\ also, i not understnad what the heck they want from me. they are just annoying and watching me creepily until i awake screaming, sometime, they try to touch me or to come more close, a time i feel a strong tinnitus on my head...
however, i see that happen much less frequently after i reduced the dosage of my anxiolitic. so i guess is related to pharmacus. on collateral effects, in fact it told about "anomals dreams".

but that is my case, into your case, i not know, the pain to the stomach should not occurs with an allucination or hypnagogic state, so i guess can be "real"?
you was not with stomacache and you was not with pharmacus, i guess, so what remain, consider also experiences of your granma, seems the other plane creature explanation. i confess i was skeptical about that a time, but now i see that strange things with more credibility.

sorry if my approach is very cold, i am trying to use a logic approach on that. also cause i am trying to understand the vision that frequently hurt myself. .-.

Back