• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A vision of a past life?

Gill

Hi, I would love some help to find clarity - just for some background info; in the past I’ve not (knowingly) seen any of my past lives and it’s never been something I’ve taken seriously until recently. I’ve become more spiritual lately, and I have become increasingly interested in past lives and reincarnation. I remember a dream I had a while ago where I experienced what I suspected was a past life, but I brushed it off at the time. Also I’ve never had a reading or gone through past life regression in any way.

Now that’s out the way, I just want help with something I experienced in the last hour - I feel utterly lost in this experience and can’t find anything else on the internet that can provide me with any comfort or clarity! So I was listening to classical music to relax and I put on Brahms lullaby. I lay down, started to relax, and then like a wave slowly coming to shore I felt something coming in, so I closed my eyes, opened up and I allowed it to flow in. Suddenly I could see, but more importantly; feel, from my perspective, that I was sitting in a bedroom (decor tells me it was mid 18th century England - country where I’m from now - middle class I believe) and I felt so sad, there was so much sadness there and I felt overwhelmed, I could feel the tears coming so I let them. Then it all just hit me - I was holding a baby, rocking in a rocking chair and soothing the child as I hummed the lullaby that I was (presently) listening to. The baby was dying, and I just stayed in that grief for what felt like a long time (was actually about 10 minutes). I’m still feeling emotional about it and it feels like a fresh wound. I spoke to someone through the website Keen and he confirmed it was a past life and that the child did pass away but came back to me (not as my second child, but my third) and I went on to have many grandchildren. I don’t know if I had been told this to make me feel better as I must have sounded distraught on the phone... as I said I feel a bit lost at the moment - so even just knowing others have experienced things like this in this way would be a big help :) as I said I have not learned much or given past lives much thought, so I don’t know if memories can just come to you in this way? I’m also wondering if it’s possible for this person who’s life I saw to be one of my ancestors? And one last side note - my grandma (who died before I was born) lost a child in birth - I feel like this was important to mention as I may just be carrying her grief with me, as I have been told I’m a person quite likely to pick up other people’s emotions and feel them myself (and my grandma died while my mum was pregnant with me).
Thanks for reading - if nothing else it has helped even just to write about my experience

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

It's definitely possible that you were your own grandmother. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

It's definitely possible that you were your own grandmother. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Thank you! :) Hmm, well that is something I’ve wondered - I have said to myself if reincarnation is real, could I have been her? - but I’m almost sure that’s not who I was in this vision that came to me. It would be interesting if she was a great great grandparent though, maybe it’s trauma that has run through my family ... I’m 27 now (28 towards the end of the year) which is too young for my grandma to be from the 18th century (or for most people alive right now!)

The decor might have been older than the scene you saw, so don't rule it out just yet. It's still possible

Welcome Gill!
I’m 27 now (28 towards the end of the year) which is too young for my grandma to be from the 18th century (or for most people alive right now!)
I'm one of the few that believe that we spend most of our 'time' on the other side of the veil doing things that are important, so the time between incarnations could vary greatly because they would occur as needed - possibly in any earth-time-period (which boggles my mind).

Hello Gill, a warm welcome to you.

Memories definitely CAN come this way, you wouldn't be the first one who is triggered by music.

It also is possible that you had a life in the 18th century, then returned as your grandmother and now as your current "you". You would need to learn more to be absolutely sure. It also is possible that you had that life in the 18th century and feel drawn to your grandmother because you are sharing the sad experience of having lost a child with her.

Hello Gill, a warm welcome to you.

Memories definitely CAN come this way, you wouldn't be the first one who is triggered by music.

It also is possible that you had a life in the 18th century, then returned as your grandmother and now as your current "you". You would need to learn more to be absolutely sure. It also is possible that you had that life in the 18th century and feel drawn to your grandmother because you are sharing the sad experience of having lost a child with her.

Thank you, everyone here so far seems lovely :) glad to know I’m not the only one to experience a memory in this way! I just did a little bit of research and the lullaby in question wasn’t composed until mid 19th century - but that was actually the date my initial gut instinct told me at first (it was only afterwards that I thought 18th). So I’ll correct myself and conclude it was around late 1800s. I’ll look in to readings and therapy I think, when it’s possible for me to do so. Thanks again, that provides me some comfort as I always felt some connection to my grandma, though I never met her. This might explain why.

Welcome Gill!

I'm one of the few that believe that we spend most of our 'time' on the other side of the veil doing things that are important, so the time between incarnations could vary greatly because they would occur as needed - possibly in any earth-time-period (which boggles my mind).

Wow, I love this, it sounds possible for sure.

Back