• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A-Z of dreams

Kristopher

Senior Registered
The reason why I called this "A-Z of dreams" is because it's aimed to discuss all the different things dreams can be. Dr Weiss and Dr Newton are sure that dreams have a much deeper meaning than just being "a dream".

I recently seen a programme on TV discussing what dreams actually mean. A woman on it argued that dreams, no matter how random they may be, hold the answers to solving problems in our lives - almost like a riddle. I do believe this to me possible because, when you think about it, most dreams have a connection to something that's happening or happened in your life.

Newton's findings was rather interesting that the soul may actually leave the body while sleeping, which I think could mean that if we "meet people" we've never seen before in our sleep, it could possibly be meeting another soul. I also remember reading in one of Newton's books that people with brain disorders/injuries would spend much less time "in their body" than the average person.

One of my favourite findings was by Dr Stevenson. It was fascinating that a lot of his cases parents had their dead relative come to them in their dream to inform them that they were going to incarnate into the family again.

It does make sense, IMO, that our soul may do something while out body is sleeping. Because I don't think our soul ever sleeps:laugh: Maybe nightmares are warnings while general dreams may be advice/options?

I agree, IMHO when you sleep, your soul leaves your body and Astrally Projects to almost anywhere, even to the Other Side, where it might meet with their spirit guides or visit the Akashic Hall of Records.

One might meet a person for the first time and instantly feel uneasy around them, yet go to sleep that night and during the night resolve issues between yourselves and wake up as friends.

Loved ones from the Other Side might visit us on this side and impart important information to help us in our daily lives, depending on their ability to interact with “In body souls” at their vibratory level.

We communicate with the Other Side far more than we realize or care to admit, if only we would listen to that “small” voice within us.

After my 'near-death experience' in 1988, many of my friends who had witnessed my 'death' started asking questions about the afterlife. I laughed and asked them why they were asking me about something they themselves had direct access to. When they asked how - I told them they slipped into an 'unconscious' state that allowed their spirits to visit the realm of the divine - every night during sleep - through their dreams. I found various quotes about the significance 'dreams' have played in shaping religions throughout history - because of their important connection to 'spirit.'

• The whole history of the Bible, as well as many other ancient histories, revolves round the importance of visions, prophecies and dreams.
  • The power clearly to remember one’s dreams was cultivated assiduously by the priesthood, as was also the ability to interpret the dream. An adept in these matters was held in highest esteem by the nation, whose affairs were regulated according to the instructions or prophecies so given. Joseph of the Old Testament was such a case. Alexander the Great spoke of dreams as the greatest chance man has of acquiring knowledge.
  • Judaic and Christian morning prayers praise the Lord for restoring the sleeper's soul upon awakening.
  • According to Spartan myth, the warlike people associated the god Hypnos closely with his twin brother Thanatos. Thanatos was the Greek god of death. Hypnos governed the "little death"' or the sleep from which you could awake and Thanatos governed the sleep from which you never awake.
  • The Talmud describes sleep as "one-sixtieth part of death," one part in sixty being the threshold of perception for Jewish legal purposes—a taste, in other words, of what death is like.
  • Likewise did the ancient Egyptians consider sleep a sort of preliminary glimpse of death, and in dreams, certain aspects of what one would call the soul encountered the upper and lower realms. The Ba, the spiritual entity that was believed to leave the body both in dreams and in death, is represented as a jabiru bird in art, whether in reliefs or in papyri. It is depicted hovering over the inert body as it is in the famous Scroll of Ani of the Theban Book of the Dead.

DKing

I am working on a chapter for my book that deals with this very subject. My NDE in 1978 happened while I was a teenager. My spirit was outside of this world and I felt I was gone for a 'million' years. There was a void in my mind during the recovery process and a lapse in conscious memories concerning my personal past. Friends were lining up to visit with me in an effort to help me recall them. I had been talking about my 'trip to the light' and people were batting their eyes and rolling their heads. They felt I was sort of 'touched in the head' for talking about such things.

One friend came and I recalled having a 'visit' with him while my spirit was outside my body during the near death experience. (My NDE happened after midnight and he had been asleep when my spirit showed up to talk to him.) It boggled my mind that he couldn't or wouldn't recall the conversation. It was all discussed while we were in the 'spiritual realm' together. His human mind refused to believe that a 'part of him' had left this world or his physical body and had any sort of interaction with me in spirit. I told him I was prepared for this because his 'spirit' had warned me he was going to be a dunce about it when he was in a waking state. We set up an experiment where he had to give instructions to his spirit to bring me a secret question on the wind. I told him when his spirit came and the secret question was whispered into my ear - I would send my spirit back to acknowledge the 'secret question' by making an appearance to him in broad daylight while he was awake. Instead of him getting the answer from my spirit - I was going to come to him in the flesh and give him the answer to the question out loud in a physical sense.

The experiment was a success and it freaked my young friend out when he caught sight of my spirit disappearing through a door.

This is what led me to my own understanding that the actual spirit comes and goes from the body during sleep and has a (incorporeal) life of it's own independent of 'gravity and time' and the (corporeal) life our ego mind is focused on.

DKing

Kristopher said:
dreams, no matter how random they may be, hold the answers to solving problems in our lives - almost like a riddle. I do believe this to me possible because, when you think about it, most dreams have a connection to something that's happening or happened in your life.
I agree with this Kristopher. It seems all my dreams are riddles, explaining (or trying to) something that is going on in my life now, or has already happened in a past life but is still effecting my current life. The only time my dreams edge on not making sense at all is when I am over tired. Otherwise I think they all have a purpose and are important in their own way. :thumbsup:

I learned early on to tell the difference between PL dreams (had a different feel to them) to OOBE dreams (very moving and emotional) to the usual, everyday (or night) dream (very boring, bland, some felt like drama shows).

As far as picking these dreams apart, I seem to forget them as soon as I awake. LOL :)

Back