Adopted 14 Year Old My Father?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by skyblueandblack, May 2, 2018.

1. skyblueandblack

skyblueandblack New Member

*I want to preface this post by assuring you all that the suspicions I'm having will never be expressed to our adoptive son. Please know my thoughts about him will not impact how I treat him. He is a new individual in this lifetime- and I 100% embrace that. I am his mother and he is my son. I am parent. He is child.*

My dad died when I was 6. I was an only child. From age 6-9 his soul came to me at night. Not all the time- just every few months. It was easy to talk to him. At age 9 he said he had to leave me. I never felt his presence again. I felt some sadness about it- but mostly peace.

I always assumed I would meet him again as my child. I've had a few mediums tell me this and it just felt like "fact". Imagine my surprise when I kept miscarrying over the last 4 years.

Last August- we were heading into IVF (in vitro fertilization) when I got a letter. My first cousins 8 kids were in foster care- and they wanted to find adoptive kinship families for some of them. We immediately said yes and have been involved in an 8 month homestudy since to become licensed foster to adopt parents.

We finally got to meet the boys a month ago. The second I met the oldest one- age 14- I could tell immediately his soul was my father's soul. He does look like him a lot, definitely, but it was like for the first time I could see with a 6th sense. It was like seeing a soul and not just a face. There was something in the eyes, the gestures, the tone of voice. It was truly a bizarre experience for me. I found it hard to truly look at him for long- because it was extremely emotional.

I of course treated him like a normal 14 year old boy and acted like a normal adoptive mother to him. But silently inside- I felt a lot of emotions that I released hours after meeting him.

I cried for awhile. If this was true- if it was my father's soul- it felt like added pressure to already raising a child with trauma from a rough childhood and 3 years in foster care. I feel like I have to be so perfectly perfect to correct some of his and my karma together. I also felt extremely emotional because it felt like seeing a ghost almost. It wasn't just sadness- but a mix of sadness and elation. A strange feeling I don't know if I've ever felt before.

It was incredibly emotional meeting a soul again. And yet as sure as I am that's him- I sit here questioning myself. Am I looking for closure and have decided to project that onto this boy? Is it because so many mediums have told me they suspected he would return in a son? Am I imaging such vivid assurance? Am I a little bit crazy?

Over the last month after meeting him- I've begun to find a lot of peace with my father's death. He didn't take care of himself during his lifetime as my dad, and died so young, perhaps because he just wasn't ready to be the parent. He needed me to be. (I feel deep in my heart he and I trade off these parent/child roles a lot in many lifetimes). Perhaps he chose my mother- a very functional, wonderful mother- because subconsciously he knew he might not be able to stay long on earth and wanted me to be able to become a functional, strong woman myself for his return as my child.

I suppose I'm just looking for overall feedback. And I guess your personal experiences on if you've ever had such an emotional reaction like this. Or you've ever had such assurance that you've met someone from your past- that it's like seeing for the first time with a whole new 6th sense.

Thank you in advance!!

2. skyblueandblack

Oh and 2 more things:

1. My mother meets the boys in 2 weeks. I am so curious about how her connection immediately is with the oldest boy. We had an instantly close connection- me and him. I am curious if my mother will too- for if I am at all possibly right about his soul being my father's soul- they would have a close connection too as once being married.

2. One question. I was 9 when my father's soul said goodbye to me. J, our soon to be adopted son, was born when I was 16. Is it possible a soul would ever disconnect from the people it loves - but then wait so long so reincarnate?

fireflydancing likes this.
  3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

What a beautiful story SkyB&B, as for being crazy - possibly, but aren't we all? Please keep us informed about further developments and the meeting with your mom.
    Since we are more familiar with our current experience it is sometimes hard to imagine what is happening on the other side of the veil. I personally think that we exist in the non-physical for a far longer period than we do in the physical - so, it seems obvious to me that there was some preparation prior to reincarnating even if J is not associated with your dad's spirit.

4. skyblueandblack

Thanks you so much for your feedback! True- I do think we probably spend more time "on the other side" than this side. I suppose 7 years on that side probably feels like a blink of an eye. I will definitely update after we all meet up in two weeks.

5. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Sky, Thank you for joining us, and especially for sharing your story. I agree with what Ken said about the time periods... time on the other side probably (IMO) has no value as we know it. I think you are smart for not bring the subject up with him. I believe you could approach the subject somewhere down the line, perhaps when he is an adult or the situation presents itself. I have spoken to my adult children about my own beliefs and discoveries, and indeed their part in my past life as my great-grandfather. There is a thread on here called Same Family Reincarnation that may have some thoughts for you.

Congratulations on your "new" family, and good luck with being a mom... parenthood with a twist;).

Blessings, Tman

6. Cat1965

Cat1965 Senior Registered

Beautiful story...would love to know if your mom feels anything. I hope it all works out for you..It all sounds so feasible. His way of joining up with you. That type of loss i can imagine... it happens every minute. Keep us all posted..i am so excited for you:))) I remember the extreme ache i had when dying as a child. How i missed my family so much. I think my mother today was the same mom I had so long ago. We have always been two kindred spirits. I have a love for her that reaches far beyond time and have only felt that type of love for very few.