African American Slave Memories

Discussion in 'Member's Memories - Archive' started by melindafromca, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my past life, I was a nine year old African American boy who lived here in the United States in the South. I lived with my mother and 5 year old sister.

My mother was the maid of a very rich farm owner who had a huge house. This house looked sort of like the White House. We lived in the back house, near the gardens or farm. Well, to make a long story short. I was murdered at age 9 by the rich man's son and his friend. T

his took place during the Civil Rights era. I was more or less mob lynched, as you would call it. I was picked up by these two guys and driven to a remote part of the country. I was called racial names and told that they were going to kill me.

When they stopped the cart, They told me that I could start running and that they would give me a head start. So, I did! But, I could not out run them, no matter how hard I tried. They caught up with me and started to beat me and punch me. Shoving me back and forth.

We were next to a river and they tried to drown me, but I would not die easily. So, one of them took out a pocket knife and slashed my throat. The next memory I have is looking up from the sky and seeing my body laying face down in the water. I have many more memories of that life time, but not enough time to write about them all.

2. Skylar

Skylar New Member

8 year old girl named Abigail

I once had a dream that I believe to be a past life.

In this dream I was a little black girl, about 8 years old and my name was Abigail. I remember seeing my mom and a younger sister Rosita.

In the dream I was in church and most people were white and starring at us and it really bothered me. I remember that I asked my mom about it and she told me stories of slavery and how I was lucky to been born after that even though white man still had a hard time accepting us. Anyway the weirdest part is that when I woke I was shocked to see that my skin was white and that dreamed explained so much things about myself.

I've always wondered why most of my friends and the guys I dated were black why I always seemed to identify more with them and why I have such a fascination with Martin Luther King...

3. violet

violet New Member

Memories on the Plantation

I haven't had any past life regressions done but I have had visions and dreams. The most recent one I had was a quick dream of me walking down the steps of a big plantation house with a man. I remember that I was wearing lacy white gloves, the kind that has the fingers cut off, and my hair was pulled back into two braids and looped together, in sort of a Heidi-ish style. The odd thing is that the girl in the dream looked exactly like me as I do now, however I knew that that was not really how I looked back then, that it was probably only so that I was able to identify myself in the dream.

Also sometimes while I awake I will have quick flashes of something. Some quick flashes I have had include that of a large bedroom, a vanity, a house, slave quarters, a dinning room, and a porch. I also feel a strong connection to South Carolina and Georgia.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Civil war confusion

4. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

African American Dream - a little girl in a tattered dress

In my dream the other night, my family from this life was throwing a party for me. My gift was a scrapbook of when I was "little"-- it was being given to me by an african american girl of about ten or eleven years old who said I used to be her neighbor.

The scrapbook was absolutely beautiful-- very old, black cover, pages yellowed from time, old photographs from around the 1700's or 1800's of an African American Family. I sensed a lot of love and strength. I also knew the family had had hard times, living in the deep south. The emotion I felt as I held this scrapbook, ready to open it, was almost overwhelming.

At first, I was confused because I thought there was a mix-up because the poeple in the photographs did not look like me in this life-- then I saw a picture of a little girl with a big smile (tooth missing in the front) of about eight years old in a tattered dress and realized that the little girl was me!! I recognized my own experession in her eyes. I kep thinking about how beautiful she was. There was another photograph of my parents, me, and some siblings (I don't recall the sex or how many), then other pages with artwork I had made from scraps of paper...I don't know which family members from this life were in my family then.

The little girl who gave me the scrapbook kept telling me what a great neighbor I had been-- then I looked at the girl and realized that she was me at a different age of that life, or perhaps from another life? I don't understand why she said I was her neighbor, though...I am still stumped on that one.

One of the most interesting things was that I looked around at my family members in this life and saw SOME but not others- in fact, my cousin who I don't feel close to in this lifetime was there but one of my brothers was not. I am guessing that this lifetime was shared with the family members there, that perhaps I did not share this life with ALL family members from today....

I am sure besides being past life related that this dream has some symbolism to it, especially since healing of my family has been up for me the last month or so.

Another intersting aspect about this dream is that I grew up in an extremely prejudiced family, and some of them who were part of my family then, are STILL extremely prejudiced. From the time I was a very small child, and my father and others would make prejudicial remarks, I would get really mad and tell them that we are all the same inside. Even to this day, up to a few weeks ago, I had to confront two family members on their prejudicial ignorance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.