• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

After-effects of Life-Between-Life Sessions

Klarry

Senior Registered
Last July, I had my LBL session and I've noticed a very curious change in myself. I'd be really interested to know if other people who have also had LBL sessions may have experienced anything similar.

Before my session, my curiosity about past lives was so great that it was almost over-whelming. I'd constantly wonder who I'd been and, simply walking down the street, I'd always wonder who every else had been too. It filled so many of my thoughts on a daily basis.

After my session, it was as if someone had instantly 'turned the volume' down on that intense curiosity. I still love to hear about past lives and it is still one of my true passions but hard as it is to explain, it's like the session diffused the overwhelming desire to know where I'd been and where everyone else had been. It's the strangest thing and it's not even a subtle change, it's a massive change.

I'm finding it almost possible to explain and I do apologise if I'm over-using metaphors but it's the only way I can properly describe it. It's like my burning desire to know before was a 7 storey burning building and now it's a small bonfire!

I can't figure out how I feel about it really. I suppose in one way it's beneficial because most of the things I hungered to know, I could never find out and therefore a lot of energy was wasted; but in other ways I miss having such an intense curiosity.

I also went into the session thinking that as soon as I'd had it, I'd be straight on the phone to my mum and friends, excitedly telling them everything etc. Yet, here I am a year on and I've barely told a soul what happened. It was a wonderfully positive experience but I have the inexplicable change of stance that I almost feel it's too private to share until I'm ready.

I feel as though I've explained it very badly but I hope it makes sense. So, I'd like to ask if anyone else experienced changes in themselves after an LBL. I'd love to hear about it.

Hi Klarry,

I sort of can relate to what you describe. I have never had a professional session but have been remembering stuff since childhood. It's just an ongoing part of my life - like having breakfast or something (although, it is not a daily experience of course, well, not usually anyway).

On the odd occasion when I do talk about these sorts of things with people (usually only close friends, because it does feel like very private stuff and anyway you don't want to frighten people or be misunderstood) they sort of think it's "cool" or "awesome" if they understand and accept it (and don't think it is just imagination, and want to get into all those discussions etc. etc.). However, to me it is just 'life'. It is just how it is. It's kind of handy. It's sometimes upsetting. It is natural, it is normal, like any other experience, it is just that most people don't share it.

So, perhaps having actually had an experience yourself now, the glamour and mystery has kind of worn off the whole thing? Perhaps you had built it up to a point where you feel a bit let down by the reality and the 'normality' of it? Just a thought.

There may be others out there who really know what you are talking about though! :)

HI Klarry,

One of the things I have noticed over the years - is that putting experiences into words takes away some of the magic. That the experience cannot be expressed verbally and the strangest thing of all; as much as we try - it cannot be shared. Not fully. People can only relate.

At the same time - I have come into my own, I feel more balanced, more whole, more at peace having embraced the past - what life was like and my choices both then and now. I experience it as a PEACE and a JOY that is part of the journey perhaps. Part of the path - to "knowing thy self."

So - can I just say congratulations...and Namaste? :thumbsup: It's all good.

Thankyou very much for the comments so far. It's really helpful to find out how others are affected by remembering certain things and to know that you understand.

Tanguerra - I love that your experiences are just an accepted part of everyday life. I wish I knew more people who had that wonderful attitude in my life! :) I was thinking about the 'glamour and mystery' element you mentioned and gave it some serious thought, but I honestly don't think I ever saw it that way. Like you, I've had past life memories since childhood and my interest and fascination in past lives (apart from a passion for history) has mainly centred on how they can heal and the possible reasons why certain people are the way they are. I'm not quite sure why my interest reached such a peak last year though!

What I find strange is that I know of a number of lives (and from the ones I've had peeks into, they've been anything but glamorous!) I've had a couple of past life regressions and yet they've never had the effect on me that the LBL session did. If anything, (although I feel like I've blanked a lot of the session out and so can't remember exactly), I didn't like a lot of what I heard in the LBL session. I think I'm scared to listen to it again in case I don't like what I hear.

Deborah - Many thanks for the congratulations, you do sometimes forget that every experience is a positive learning step whether it's a good experience or not and it's great to be reminded of that. You very much struck a chord with me when you said that some things cannot be shared, you can only relate. I think that's what I've been scrabbling to find the words to say and is probably the major reason I've barely mentioned it to anyone over the last year. Even to the odd person who does share a spiritual interest with me, I feel that they just wouldn't or couldn't understand the experience. I also feel that there are some issues that should remain just between myself and my spirit guide.

I think it is sometimes hard when you do begin to 'know thyself' because - as I found - you sometimes don't like what you hear even when you already knew it deep down. Nevertheless, it has made me strive to change and improve certain aspects of myself that I now know I'm here to work on. My husband is out tonight so I may pluck up the courage to finally listen to it again.

Now and again, I sometimes wonder whether it's because even when you're a very spiritual person and well genned up on everything, you still regard the spirit world has something almost unpercievable. Then, when you remember actually being a spirit/ a soul and it feels almost 'normal' it may be a little deflating. I don't know. I still can't get my head around it.

....isn't it strange the way things happen.....I just sat back in my chair to think for a second and I thought to myself how I haven't even tried meditating since by LBL and then I felt like a 'thought' was shoved into my head from nowhere and I think I know exactly why the intensity has been knocked out of me. I'm going to have a good think on it and try and explain it later.

Thankyou all again for all your wonderful and valued insights so far.

I sometimes wonder whether ... you still regard the spirit world has something almost unpercievable. Then, when you remember actually being a spirit/ a soul and it feels almost 'normal' it may be a little deflating.
That is kind of what I was trying to say. It is normal.

As the Zen Buddhists say: "Before enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water. After enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water".

Good luck with it all Klarry. Very curious to know how you get on if you decide to listen to your tape again tonight.

Thankyou Tanguerra! And, I absolutely love that Zen Buddhist saying! I'd never heard that before and it does make perfect and beautiful sense.

Circumstances last night meant that I didn't get round to sitting down and listening to the session again but I'm determined to do it soon.

I do feel comfortable enough however to share the little insight I had out of the blue yesterday though. One of the main things I do remember from my session is that as a soul, I experienced a huge amount of frustration because I felt that most souls forgot their 'spirituality' too quickly when they 'entered the human' as I termed it. I almost felt angry that the flesh held more sway. It made a lot of sense considering many of my attitudes and inner thoughts over the years. I'd always be the one at a christening whispering to the baby to never forget!

The crux of it was that I regarded myself as more spirit than human and I can't help but wonder if acknowledging this almost overwhelming level of frustration (and borderline contempt for the human situation) was something of a catharsis causing me to subconsciously balance my spirit a little more appropriately with my mortal being.

Food for my thoughts anyway.

Interesting Klarry. I sometimes wonder if various human behaviours aimed at subjugating the body - eating disorders, self-mortification and so on, are somehow connected to a wish not to be in a body in the first place!

Personally I like my body and think it is a very useful device for running about having adventures in, even though it is very demanding of attention and takes a lot of looking after. There is time enough to be pure spirit after we are finished with life, after all. One thing at a time I say. It is a bit like being on holiday and missing the familiar comforts of home, then getting home and wishing you were on holidays again!

Good luck with your explorations and look forward to more thoughts as they come to light.

Hi Karoliina,

Thankyou for asking! I still feel pretty 'blank' about it really. I honestly feel like the shutters have come down on the entire part of my brain/mind that used to spend so much time engrossed in past life ponderings. It almost feels like amnesia - I can feel it's there but I'm just 'banned' right now!

Sometimes I feel a little upset about it. Ever since I was tiny, my true passions in life were 'life after death', 'near death experiences', anything remotely paranormal, 'past lives', ANYTHING I guess, that opened the doors into the spirit world where subconsciously I wanted to be. That passion was/is such a huge part of who I am and so it feels strange to have it so suddenly muted. I still have the passion - for example, my colleague just came in and told me of some spiritual activity in her home and we had a great conversation and I couldn't get enough but then the 'mute button' kicks in again and it's like that rush of passion has been hit with a tranquiliser dart.

As you can tell....my ability to explain this well hasn't improved!! :)

I think I can understand it though. My LBL session showed me that I was devastated to return to earth. When I was taken back inside the womb, I started to cry and say "Not again, not again, I don't want to be human again". That, coupled with the fact my soul has such a fierce issue with how soon souls forget their spirituality when they become human, it's no wonder I spent the next 30yrs reading anything I could get my hands on about spirit. I must have been striving not to forget either.

So, maybe my spirit guide felt that I was beginning to detach myself too much from my human life and needed to force me to focus on life as a human and although I'm allowed to keep my passion, I have a 'flood barrier' to stop myself drifting back to being more spirit than human.

I still haven't listened to the recording of the session. I never seem to have the time and I'm still not sure I want to. But, life carries on. I'm expecting my first child in August and that is filling most of my thoughts at the moment. Regardless of the restraints my spirit guide has placed on me, I'm curious to know who my child will be, what lessons we have agreed to under-take together and I'll still tell him/her "not to forget" the first time I look into their eyes.

I had a curious dream a few weeks ago about meeting a little boy who had fallen in a canal and drowned. He was miserable because everyone kept reminding him of how stupid his was to do that. I stroked his hair and told him that we all do silly things now and again and told him some of the silly things I do. He seemed pleased and reassured and we ended up falling asleep together in a foetal, spoon position.

Anyway, I'm drifting off topic. Thanks again for asking Karoliina - I hope I've managed to answer without waffling to much!

xx

Thank you, Klarry, for replying. I find your experience very interesting. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! hug2.gif I'm so happy for you. Enjoy - even though I thought being pregnant was pretty boring at times, the first time is full of small miracles you encounter almost daily. :thumbsup:

You'll make a wonderful Mum!

Karoliina

Many thanks Karoliina - that means such a lot and I do hope that I can be the best mother I can possibly be to this little soul I'm carrying.

I know what you mean about the small miracles and tomorrow I get to hear the heartbeat for the first time and see the baby on a scan and that will be the biggest miracle so far! :)

Thankyou again for such wonderful wishes and also being interested in my LBL after-effects. It's really appreciated.

Hi Klarry,

Nice to hear from you again. And congratulations on your pregnancy !!! It is such a wonderful experience to become a mother, and it is certainly very special the first time !!

I hope your pregnancy will develop without too many discomforts, so that you can enjoy every day of it !!

Love,

Eevee:)

Thankyou so much Eevee for your kind words! So far, it seems that as long as the baby gets his/her regular (though bizarre) supply of black pudding and strawberry milkshake, he/she behaves quite well :)

Hello Klarry. Good to hear from you again too. Congratulations on your coming child...it will be a holy and enlightening experience. You will be such a wonderful mother!

As I read this thread for the first time I'm struck by the wisdom you've found in your journey. The LBL must have been a powerful experience. I hope sometime you revisit the recording. And perhaps all of it is a preparation for the future...motherhood. You have a wonderful grasp of it all, even if you feel distant from it in some ways. I love how you said you whisper to the infant "don't forget." I believe that also.

This was a good read tonight and I wish you warm thoughts on all that is to come.

Tinkerman

Many thanks Tinkerman for your warm and very kind wishes.

I do hope that I've gained some wisdom from the experience. On the odd occasion, it makes me feel like a petulant teenager who has been grounded! but for the most part, I like to think that I understand what happened and I have subsequently ploughed more energy into living an earthly life. I'm sure this baby is the next of my lessons and challenges and maybe I wouldn't have been ready for them if my soul was still spending all it's time yearning to go home.

Thanks again everybody for your interest and your lovely sentiments.

I have been reading along and very much enjoyed it. I wish you all the luck with your new lesson :)

unfair life

I had same kind of experience after my second past life regression.I found out having been a Luftwaffe pilot posted in Finland close to the end of WW 2.As a spirit I remember complaining loudly about why I get always this kind of lousy lives.I remember trying to hide while spirits were given new life assignements.Later I was "pushed" nicely to a new life.As a growing baby I was full of feeling of unfair and when I was born I was trying to not take that first breath.I remember being angry at doctor for forcing me to start living.These were very strange things to remember.I told only one person about my experience and it some how cut me off from everything.According to the therapist I have a lot of anger and frustration to get rid of.Easier said than done!!!!

Deborah said:
HI Klarry,
One of the things I have noticed over the years - is that putting experiences into words takes away some of the magic. That the experience cannot be expressed verbally and the strangest thing of all; as much as we try - it cannot be shared. Not fully. People can only relate.

At the same time - I have come into my own, I feel more balanced, more whole, more at peace having embraced the past - what life was like and my choices both then and now. I experience it as a PEACE and a JOY that is part of the journey perhaps. Part of the path - to "knowing thy self."

So - can I just say congratulations...and Namaste? :thumbsup: It's all good.
i just wanted to give another viewpoint to deborah's...the main reason i enjoy posting here so much is that writing it down helps me clarify the dreams and experiences i've had...it lets me pay attention to even the smallest details of those...and it lets me make connections between things that i've never seen before...so for me writing it down adds to the experience and the "magic" because its validating for me

my family/friends tolerate it but dont want to hear about it much...so i dont have a way to really think things through...so for me its more helpful and validating to write it all down :)

Virpi, I found what you said very interesting indeed. The anger and frustration you described sounded very familiar! I am a very placid person, I can't stand violence, confrontation, arguments or loss of temper yet there's always been an underlying nugget of anger buried deep within me. I never understood where this came from until I started considering past lives and then went on many years later to find out what I did in the LBL.

Your reaction to being forced to start a new life as a baby was also very similar to the reaction I had when I was taken back to being in the womb and I instantly became distressed and cried "oh not again!!". As a baby, I cried constantly and although it's always been a running joke in our family at how much hard work I was during the first 18mths, I wonder whether or not I was still furious and upset at starting another human life.

You can't help but wonder how often this occurs in the process of reincarnation. I will certainly keep it in mind for the birth of my child later this year.

Curious Girl - thankyou for your congratulations. I completely agree with what you said about the influence of past lives being intrinsically linked to healing. I do hope that that explains a great deal of my recent experiences and that some healing has occurred. Maybe I needed to have my feet firmly placed back on earth in order to be the best mother I can be to my child.

vs. Virpi

Virpi,

Do remember more details about your life as a Luftwaffe pilot in Finland? I´m specialized in the air war in Finland, I might be able to help you with your research, in case you want it. Do you remeber planes, or any other details?

I have also had a WW II nazi-Germany life (as a wehrmacht officer), and I know your feeling of beeing angry and indifferent, because I lost everything I loved or believed in in that life. There was no reason to live anymore, "fortunately" I got shot in a fight against the Russians eventually, maybe in 1944. I have brought a part of these feeling to this life, especially the indifference, the feeling of emptiness.

-ksiren

Hei Ksiren,

Just wanted to make a note that this is an older thread, and Virpi hasn't been on the forum since August 2008, so she might not be around to read this. I hope she does, though, it's friendly to offer your help. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

Back