• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Afterwards, what's next..?

Ignotus

Senior Registered
This question has been plaguing me last night, when I lay down on my bed just pondering..

After getting reincarnated countless times, after completing your lives mission in this world, after doing the same thing for millions of years until you're an old soul.. Where to next? Heaven?

I have heard theories that you become angels and help God in Heaven, in another article. For Buddhism, you reach Nirvana and become a deity, but you'll come down to Earth occasionally to help others.

But what do you think?

The few vignettes I've gotten indicate that I, my soul, is doing some form of research, some level of creation, some sorting of past life experiences and planning of future lives even now as I type on this computer. I do not get the sense that we live lives then stop and we're done...our souls are creative beings of energy and a portion of the Source/God/Creator...we are a piece of the All, which has no beginning or end. As such, it is never "over", but simply changing into greater levels of understanding. Our incarnate lives are simply what we are currently conscious of at this moment.

It's a dance that never ends. Life is a beautiful thing, and who can blame our spirits for being addicted to it?

Ignotus said:
But what do you think?
I like to think that there is eventually and end to being reincarnated. While some love the adventure and new experiences, I personally don't think that coming back over and over sounds appealing in the slightest. The world (in my opinion) is taking so many twists and turns that I don't want to be part of this forever ... there's so much pain and suffering on so many levels, and I think after awhile the beauty and good will be even harder to find. For me, I'd like to learn my lessons, and be done.

I also see it as if we're really here to learn lessons and are spiritual beings having a human experience, we'd eventually return to being just spirit. That's just my take on it (mixed with some hopeful thinking :) )

I once got an interesting comment from guidance when I asked how many more incarnations I should expect and the reply was "You've chosen to come back purely to offer help...you will very possibly do it again, whether or not you had "graduated"." So, it is my understanding that I will be here next time with M, the former fiance from this lifetime, in another but more successful romantic relationship.

I see an incarnation as an opportunity to play a role...I've previously described my Shakespearean corollary, "All the world's a stage..." which seems to describe the framework. To me, we choose a character in a life and act that part without fear and with as much love and joy as we are able to muster. We play our role in concert with other soul mates to produce dramas, comedies and thrillers, all the while obtaining benefit to our souls. This works for me.

I asked more or less the same thing once and the answer I received was "there's still good to be done."

I see an incarnation as an opportunity to play a role...I've previously described my Shakespearean corollary, "All the world's a stage..."
I think that's the core difference between you and me though. That would also easily explain your multiple and varied incarnations.

KnickKnack said:
The world (in my opinion) is taking so many twists and turns that I don't want to be part of this forever ... there's so much pain and suffering on so many levels, and I think after awhile the beauty and good will be even harder to find.
My assumption is that the world as we know it will not be like this forever. It hasn't been this way even in the relatively recent past and we are now heading into what is supposed to be some kind of world-level transition of which the only thing I am sure about is that it is the reason I am here with so many longterm soulmates.

As for the pain and suffering...is it something we rail against and complain about or is it something we work to rectify and seek to overcome? The beauty and good surrounds us all the time...the trick is seeing past the illusions inherent in the bad/negative aspects society promotes and focusing on that beauty we want to be a part of our lives.

Totoro said:
I think that's the core difference between you and me though. That would also easily explain your multiple and varied incarnations.
Maybe so, but the more I think of it the better it seems to fit.

To me, the idea allows freedom to improvise (free will) along with a script (lifeplan), and other plays and productions (incarnate lives) enabling the development of a plot and theme (lifetime relationships and how one sees his world) only to culminate in the dropping of the curtain (incarnate death) and regardless of the success of the play (the positive effects given to others), the actor got to act (live, love, enjoy, experience, grow).

"There is still good to be done"...I believe that would fit anyone of us...I love wisdom from masters.

It's an apt description, but rather I was seeing it also as an analogy for your enthusiasm towards varied life experiences.

In contrast, I seem to prefer a more comfortable and almost routine existence. I would much rather work somewhere like I do now where I face an unending stream of changing people. After which I can go home to my comfortable surroundings.

It's interesting in that I feel that way, as I read somewhere that the group of people my past life came from valued stability and peace more than anything as I feel I've been around that area or people for quite a while.

In essence though, we're doing the same thing, but from two different perspectives.

A nicely stated analysis, Totoro.

The varied life experiences have been interesting...in France alone I've been a baker, a blacksmith, a fisherman, a merchant, and at least two monks, and you're right, I do sort of relish the idea of a "different path". I would say it certainly prevents boredom!

That said, I can certainly understand enjoying a streaming line of interaction while still enjoying the stability of one's established domicile. And to be able to set it up to do just that means you know how to properly play the game.

And what a game it is...if we're not having fun we're not doing it correctly.

KnickKnack said:
I like to think that there is eventually and end to being reincarnated. While some love the adventure and new experiences, I personally don't think that coming back over and over sounds appealing in the slightest. The world (in my opinion) is taking so many twists and turns that I don't want to be part of this forever ... there's so much pain and suffering on so many levels, and I think after awhile the beauty and good will be even harder to find. For me, I'd like to learn my lessons, and be done.
I also see it as if we're really here to learn lessons and are spiritual beings having a human experience, we'd eventually return to being just spirit. That's just my take on it (mixed with some hopeful thinking :) )
...and mine:thumbsup:

I understand the earlier post re a soul currently planning future incarnations. I could certainly tell you what I would be doing in a next life - IF I were to come back again - and roughly when that next life would be due to be (23rd century). As it would be a rather "socially useful" life it's a shame not to come back for it in some ways - but I think there are some times in one's Life (as a whole) that one can be excused for being selfish and I'm afraid that's what I will be (whilst helping - from the Other Side - to anyone else who takes on the type of career it would have been).

I was surprised recently to see that the forerunner of the "(low tech) technology" I would have been using in the 23rd century Life That Won't Be has recently been invented - so there's plenty of chances for other people to start using this soon coming up fairly soon:D

My own take is that Life is a School for Learning and - just like schools on this planet - one HAS to stay at school till 16 (though a small group in my Society manage not to do so:rolleyes:). After that - further attendance at School is optional - one doesnt HAVE to stay on till 18, one doesnt then HAVE to go on to University, etc, etc. To me - I suspect we all have to continue coming back again until we reach the "Soul Age" equivalent of 16 and, after that, it's optional. I tend to think that telling people they have no option over HAVING to come back again and again, whether they like it or no, is something that tends to get said either by people who are "under 16" themselves or suspect the people they are talking to are "under 16" iyswim.

So - going back to the thought of "Life (on Earth) as an adventure" - I certainly understand that there are some people who like "having adventures". On this Planet - we see some people going off travelling for months at a time in more "primitive" cultures/living in those cultures for years at a time helping them/climbing mountains. I understand this is something some people like - but others of us value security and comfort and those are things that are very important to me personally and I will place them first before Adventure any day of the week. To some - adventure means "development". To others of us we can't think straight/feel straight if we're having to be "bogged down" with dealing with basic "material plane" considerations. Each to their own on that one...

Cariad said:
So - going back to the thought of "Life (on Earth) as an adventure" - I certainly understand that there are some people who like "having adventures". On this Planet - we see some people going off travelling for months at a time in more "primitive" cultures/living in those cultures for years at a time helping them/climbing mountains. I understand this is something some people like - but others of us value security and comfort and those are things that are very important to me personally and I will place them first before Adventure any day of the week. To some - adventure means "development". To others of us we can't think straight/feel straight if we're having to be "bogged down" with dealing with basic "material plane" considerations. Each to their own on that one...
I see your point, which fits in line with Totoro's comments and the differences between us (which seem to be solely different by perspective). I enjoy moving, seeing, visiting, traveling...I do appreciate comfort and security, but only to a degree. I get antsy when I am not moving for a period of time...and I find I am awakening from a very stationary period right now.

A case in point; when I was twenty I used my father's airline priviledges to go around the world, from Florida to California, Hawaii, India, Nepal (around the Annapurna Massif on foot), Greece, and eurail through europe for the next four months. I saw and experienced an amazing variety of cultures and people and I would do it again. I have a lot of friends who would never consider doing such a thing and aren't terribly interested in what they are missing.

I expect you are correct in that even from a soul standpoint there are some who are not interested in experiencing "everything that is out there", and find a sense of comfort and security their primary goal. No judgment, simply different.

Cariad said:
...I was surprised recently to see that the forerunner of the "(low tech) technology" I would have been using in the 23rd century Life That Won't Be has recently been invented - so there's plenty of chances for other people to start using this soon coming up fairly soon:D
Yes! My "view" of my future life includes a strong direction toward social relationships and society with "low tech", earth focused lives; the directive seems to be on "living a life" as opposed to "making a living". I got a sense of "high tech simplicity" combined with an almost agrarian ideal...like everything will come easily from the survival angle, while our efforts will be put into becoming the best "people" we can be.

I get antsy when I am not moving for a period of time
I've done that my whole life because of my dad's job mainly. For me, it's left a huge hole in my life. I feel like I'm without roots, I'm lonely and cut off; which is yet another issue I've had with my father. I also don't feel like I have any family around me and I know that's something that's affected my mother also.

In fact, I just found a family tree for my past life and just our particular branch was HUGE and I think that was the standard back then.

Perhaps it's an adjustment period in this life or perhaps we won't get adjusted to it and we'll find a way to stay happy regardless.

Either way though, I have goals and I'm committed to helping people in this life. And I do want to travel, but I also look forward to being able to come home.

**PS. I've been fixing your posts for you lol.

Yes! My "view" of my future life includes a strong direction toward social relationships and society with "low tech", earth focused lives; the directive seems to be on "living a life" as opposed to "making a living". I got a sense of "high tech simplicity" combined with an almost agrarian ideal...like everything will come easily from the survival angle, while our efforts will be put into becoming the best "people" we can be.
I can agree with that. one of my goals in this life is to slow the heck down and enjoy myself away from the internet, TV etc.

We used to move a lot, too, but it was because my dad had psychological issues with his family. His was a very broken home, with an older brother and sister leaving (I never knew they existed until a letter we found just recently), and him petitioning the courts to be taken out of the home along with his younger brother and sister. He never really dealt with the issue properly, and as a result we constantly moved back and forth between San Jose, California and Prescott, Arizona. I told my husband once that I was surprised I was able to form normal relationships with people, something my brothers seem unable to do. I had very few friends and only teasing visits with extended family, just enough to know they were there but not enough to know who they were. It sucked.

Heh, I'm also a terrible housekeeper. A house is little more than a place to store your stuff, so I see very little need in tidying up. My mom always tried to get me to take things out of boxes and keep them neat, but my view was "What's the point? We're just going to move again."

Back