Amelia Earhart and contemporaries reincarnated?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Enigmatic, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Enigmatic

Enigmatic Senior Registered

Last month I wrote on the Forum about writing a book about a famous person, but that I wanted to check with some individuals before going into details. The book was Amelia Earhart: Lost Legend. It gave accounts by Pacific Island witnesses of the crash, rescue and imprisonment of America’s most famous female aviator and her navigator. What really happened to her is a subject of great debate, and there is a forum on the internet devoted to this subject.

I now feel that the mystery may best be solved by those people whom I have met (and perhaps others) who believe they have past life memories related to the subject of my book. It is my hope that they will tell their own stories on this forum.

Based on what others have written on this forum, I realize how difficult it is for people to share some very personal information, and I want to be extra cautious not to push people to write things until they are ready to do so. But what they might say should be of vital interest to members of the forum, and the sharing they might do should be helpful to them.

For those who have not read my previous postings I want to say that I personally do not have any past life memories, but am interested in reading about those who have. Since I spent so much time in researching my book, and have continued researching since, I have felt that the best use of my time now in this area is to study the subject of reincarnation in depth.

To all those on this forum who have been willing to share their experiences (and who will do so in the future), I want to say thank you!

Enigmatic

2. Stef

Stef Senior Registered

Well, for about two years now I have the assumption that I might have been Amelia Earhart in my last life. Unfortunately I don`t have any real memories so I can`t be sure. Two years ago while trying to remember anything from a pastlife I suddenly had this vision of a little girl with a blond bob and she said her name was "Amelia" and lived in the beginning of the 20th century. In Europe Amelia Earhart isn`t so well-known but I had already heard about her, so the next day I searched in the internet for information and I found a pic from her childhood where she resembled quite a bit the girl in my vision.
    Last year I bought myself a biography of Amelia Earhart and while reading about her character I found some things which resemble mine. For example that she was calm and liked to be on her own which I do, too. Well, I`m really not sure if I was her but maybe...

3. navigator

navigator Senior Registered

I have not had any memories of past lives, but I have had moments when something new seems much to familiar and is alarming for no good reasons. My dreams and a book I have been compelled to write when in fact the subject matter was so far removed from anything I would have thought that I would write about, that I began to look backward through my life to find some answers. One thing that happened to me as a small child was quite extraordinary. I was only three or four at the time. All my sisters were sitting around drawing. I went up to them and demanded they get me a piece of paper and pencil. They, of course, ignored me. After all what would I do with a piece of paper and pencil. So I fetched a bottle of black shoe polish with a nice big dauber, went in the bedroom and drew a lady in a nightgown on the wall. I got a spanking for such a naughty need. I can remember doing it. I always thought it was a lady in a nightgown I drew, but looking back now with some wisdom, I wonder if it was an angel I was trying to draw. Somehow I might have known as a young child that I needed to write. It took me years to find out that I was a writer rather (or rather, also) than an artist. In conjunction with this, I also followed my sisters to school and went to school before I was old enough. The teacher didn't know what to do with me, so she let me stay. I was good, so they couldn't kick me out for misbehaving. Finally they told me I couldn't come but by the time I was old enough to go to school, I could read and write. My mother had 5 of us girls, and 2 boys so she didn't have time to spend with me to teach me such things so I took care of the matter myself. I do not remember doing this. The sister closest to my age told me I did this. I was flabbergasted. Kids usually have to be dragged to go to school. In looking backwards, I see where most of the things that have happened to me have ended up in my book one way or another. It is as if writing the book was the reason I came to this earth. Things I couldn't understand then, I am beginning to.

------------------

4. Brooke

Brooke Senior Registered

Hi Enigmatic

I would like to say I admire you for the approach you are taking in writing your book, I personally beleive the best source of information is from the person or people invloved themselves, as so much documentation and theories can be misread and incorrect, I think its great that an author is bothering to try to find someone reincarnated from the subject, it would be nice if more authors and historians were open minded enough to do this.

Unfortunately Amelia Earharts life is something I don't know anything about so I can't be of any help , but I wish you all the luck in finding someone out there who can help.

Also I think your integrity is great in not giving any hint at your subject until you okayed with others involved,

Good Luck with the book.

Brooke

5. navigator

One of the dreams I had as a child was that I was walking on the edge of myriads of fishponds and was afraid of drowning. It was a very terryifying dream. Believe me, where I live is very dry land, so where would I have come up such a strange dream?

6. Enigmatic

Stef, Navigator, and Brooke,

Thanks for responding to my entry in the forum.

Stef,

As I’ve written above, I personally do not have any past life memories. Or at least none that I have identified, and I have not tried to do that. So I cannot speak from experience as many others on this forum can. From what I’ve read it seems that past life memories can come—or start to come—in several ways.
    One is through dreams. Another is through experiencing something which triggers a past life memory.
    People have also been regressed, hypnotized, and been given information about themselves by psychics. Very young children have spoken of past life experiences, but have usually forgotten them and do not even remember talking about them as they grow older.

I believe from what I have read on these forums and elsewhere that reincarnation is a reality. But I have wondered if people are always right when they believe they were someone in a previous life, and if these memories are always accurate.

People have commented on these forums that someone who believes they were famous in a previous life may not have been the person they think they were but somebody acquainted with that person.

You may want to follow the suggestions of some people on the forum in regarding recall of past lives, especially using some form of meditation, and keeping a journal.

Do you remember the name of the biography of Amelia Earhart? There may be well be 100 books about her. I notice that you are from Germany. Was the book in German or English?

Please feel free to make more entries on this thread of the forum. I’ll be interested in knowing any further discoveries about yourself that you might make!

Navigator,

It was interesting that you said you have had moments when something new seems much too familiar and is alarming for no good reasons. You also wrote that you had been compelled to write a book about a subject matter that was far removed from anything that you would have thought you would write about.

One of the characteristics regarding past life memories which I have seen mentioned often on this forum has to do with strong emotions that suddenly occur that may suggest a past life experience. Being driven to do something without any apparent reason may be a significant factor as well. In the Children Past Lives section of the Reincarnation Forum mention is made of how many children who remember past lives seem more advanced intellectually then those who do not. Sensing a reason for being here on earth is another concept which is frequently mentioned. You also mentioned a terrifying dream and where it might have come from. Perhaps the answer will come to you eventually.

Thanks for sharing, and hope we will hear more from you when you feel ready to share more.

Brooke,

I notice that you are from New Zealand. Isn’t it great that this is an international forum! My wife and I enjoyed our two visits to New Zealand immensely.

You said that you personally believed the best source of information is from the person or persons involved themselves. This seems most likely to be the case. In regard to the Amelia Earhart mystery there have been a great many conflicting theories. Did her plane go down in the ocean in 1937 or did she survive the crash?
    If she survived, where did she die, and how, and when? You wouldn’t believe the varieties of answers that have been given to this question by diligent researchers. I have felt for a long time that many people go so far with their investigation, and then fill in the missing pieces by their own speculative theories. I have not wanted to do that. If it is at all possible to gain reliable information through past life recall, then I think it could be very helpful. I believe in reincarnation, but I still wonder how it is possible for someone to tell whether a person who claims to be the reincarnation of someone else really is. Assuming that person is who say they were, then how accurate are the memories? We have many faulty memories about events of our current life—would this not apply to our past lives as well?

Having said this, I am impressed by the entries that so many people have made on this forum in regard to past life memories—whether they were of famous people or not. It seems to me that the vast majority of people who have written are sincere about what they have said. They are not frauds making up stories, in my opinion. Their memories are fantastic and interesting and may well be true. It is especially significant when two or more people remember each other and events from a previous life.

I think I have read somewhere that many (or at least some) historical novels are based on past life memories. If this is so I would certainly like to know more about this. I have mentioned on the thread, “On lifetimes as the famous/infamous” my enthusiasm for the book “Night Music”. It is based on the past life memories of a forum member regarding Mozart, but also on material from many books. I hope to find and read other books written in a similar fashion.

Enigmatic

7. Stef

Stef Senior Registered

Hi Enigmatic,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I`m from Germany, but the biography I read was in English. I still got it and sometimes read a few sentences in it and it`s simply called "A Biography, AMELIA EARHART" by Doris L. Rich. I think it`s rather good.

Well, if I find out some other things about my pastlives I`ll let you know. There`s another thing which could have to do something with my life as Amelia (if I was her). I`m rather afraid of heights. So if she really crashed down maybe that is why.
    And before I was born my mother worked at the airport...but she stopped working there, when I was about 2 years old. Before I was born my parents often went on holiday by plane but they stopped it after I was born, unfortunately. I never sat in a plane my whole life. Anyway, I think I would be scared to do that.
    Also I was always interested in the beginning of the 20th century, liked to watch films about this time and so on.
    Well, that`s all I could find out, actually.

Have a nice day and I`ll let you know if I find out more.

Stefanie

8. Enigmatic

Sorry to be slow in answering. The book by Doris Rich is an excellent one. I met her on the occasion of the 100th annivesary of Amelia's birth celebrated in Kansas.
    Enigmatic

9. navigator

I have always had a love of water even though where I was born was as far away from water as you can get.

10. navigator

My apologies to Stef. I accidently created a new topic when I didn't mean to. I deleted the topic. But I will answer your question here.

I wrote, "As a small child I would go to the tree in the front yard and bury things in my storehouse. I would pick peas and bury them. It was always under the same tree."

First, that might indicate a past life that included hunger, so the child wants to have a storehouse of food. I am certain the Japanese starved their POW's. The thread to Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan is a slender one. The connection could be nothing or a memory of burying something under one special tree. Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan buried their film and Fred's box under a Kanal tree on an atoll near Mili Atoll.

Sorry I did not make myself clearer. I was frustrated because I wrote a long entry and the computer kept saying I needed a letter or a number and I didn't know how to print off what I had written.

11. Enigmatic

Navigator,
    It was good to hear from you again. I suspected you were having problems making an entry on the forum, and I can understand why Stef was confused by what you wrote. Glad you figured out what to do and that you deleted the confusing thread about Earhart and Noonan. It's a good thing we can do some editing and deleting once in a while!

I immediately thought of the connection with the kanal tree (Noonan burying something by it) which I mention in my book. An eyewitness or two allegedly saw a white couple crash land their plane in shallow water near an island. It was reported to a researcher that one of the two buried something by a kanal tree. The fact that a researcher used a metal detector and found something by that tree is one of the best pieces of "hard evidence" that Earhart and Nooonan survived their crash on the 1937 around the world flight.

You also mentioned the connection about saving food for the future. I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense in light of reports telling of what may have happened to Earhart and Noonan in the months and possibly years that followed.

Hope you can tell us more! I think you'll find members of the forum supportive of your efforts, although there may be some who may have questions to ask.
    Enigmatic

12. navigator

Enigmatic,

A recurring dream that has always haunted me over the years, is: my mouth feels like putty, and I can't breathe very well, and my teeth begin crumbling in my hands. I wake up in a sweat.

Either it is my body telling me to take better care of my teeth or it might mean that I was malnourished in another lifetime.

Losing all my teeth is a very real fear of mine. And the older I get, I fear it could come true.

Here is something else that happened during my research: When I was watching for the first time the History Channel documentary on the Battle of Midway Island in WWII, I had an extraordinary thing happen. I felt an excitement that I have never felt in my life before or since. It was like an electrical shock went through me. (Even the most exciting of movies has not affected me that way) It was thrilling to me that we had tricked the Japanese and because of that Japan would fail. I don't know whether it was instant recognition of Midway and surrounds or I had just become a cheerleader for the American pilots. I felt like yelling at the top of my lungs, "Go get 'em."

------------------

13. navigator

Engimatic,
    This is not directly related to the subject, but it goes directly to the reincarnation subject.

Frequently I have had dreams of houses. I am looking for a house to live in, but the houses I go to are houses I have lived in in the past. Some of the houses have been houses that I am familiar with but not from this lifetime. Now I am not the best of decorators and have a terrible time hanging pictures, so how do I have complete homes completely decorated in my dreams, each different?

One dream, it was like a was going to a museum, but again it was a long line of houses, each going back farther in time.

Sometimes in my dreams I have met up with people that I know but I am puzzled with where I know them from.

Does anyone else have this kind of dream about houses?

------------------

14. Stephan

Stephan Senior Registered

My interpretation:

You are looking within to find out who you are in this life (house hunting), and to do that you're looking into your past lives (the houses from your past). You see these lives as complete (fully decorated), and find that there is a vast store of information from which you can learn (museum).

Houses in dreams represent our life. Attics represent our higher-conscious and basements represent our sub-conscious. Stairs represent our climb toward self-understanding.

Stephan

[This message has been edited by Stephan (edited 11-14-2002).]

15. navigator

Stephen--
    Thank you for your interpretation on houses. It makes sense.

Navigator

16. navigator

Stephen and Enigmatic,

Another dream I had of a house was more specific. I dreamt that I met Fred Noonan. I remember being aware that I was going to a family reunion. He was in a house that was shadowed with the people as silouettes. You could see he was surrounded by children. Fred Noonan was hiding out in a house filled with children. After a time he came out and came up to me and said, "Why are you doing this?"(writing the book) and I said, "Because I love the people." I was aware I was talking about Amelia and Fred and so was he. That seemed to satisfy him, he shook my hand, and when I looked around, I no longer saw him, and I woke up. This dream excited me. Fred Noonan in a house full of children. I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. At first I thought maybe my brother was Fred. He is tall and dark, and very intelligent and has taught radar and classes for GE. When I looked up his birthday, he was born before Noonan disappeared. The only one whose birthday fits with the time (I think Fred Noonan died) in my family is mine. The first time the Marianas was bombed was a raid well in advance on February 22, 1944. The Japanese are well known for killing prisoners on each island when they thought America was getting too close. My birthday is March 5, 1944.

Navigator

[This message has been edited by navigator (edited 11-18-2002).]

17. navigator

Enigmatic,

In my late forties, I was sitting at the kitchen table talking to my daughter-in-law when I got up to do something. I did not feel myself injure my left leg nor did I twist it. I simply got up. But from that moment on I had a pain in my left knee.

I went to the doctor and he said it was tendinitis and to be careful of the leg and the pain would go away. But it never has. I have had arthritis in the knee ever since.

I understand that it is possible to carry over an injury or a pain to this life from a previous one.

I know Noonan had an injury to his left knee.

18. Enigmatic

Navigator,
    What can you tell us about Noonan's injury to his left knee?
    Enigmatic

19. P.Bend

P.Bend Senior Registered

Navigator - I too seem to find myself pursuing subjects I never imagined I would as I try to come to terms with the possibility of being G P Putnam.

20. navigator

Enigmatic--

Concerning my knee injury in my current life and how it relates to the Earhart mystery.

Researchers and writers who believe Amelia and Fred crashed on Mili Atoll have interviewed witnesses who say they saw a plane crash, that a man and woman survived, and the man sustained an injury to his head and to his knee. The injuries were then treated by the Japanese on a ship that went to Jaluit.

If indeed that happened, it is possible that Fred Noonan had knee problems the remainder of his life. I understand with reincarnation that the present day person may have similiar problems as in the last life.

I have a chronic illness that seemed to develop in my middle forties. There are many reasons this may have happened. In fact there are so many reasons, that it cannot be sorted out.

Another thing I have is crusting of the feet. For some reason, my feet are leathery. I go barefoot (at home) a lot of the time as it is more comfortable.

My belly extends like I am malnourished. I hide it with loose clothing. But I am not malnourished. In fact a doctor told his nurse that I was a well nourished female. (In other words I was over weight and must be eating too much) Prisoners of war have extended bellys. This is probably just a medical condition, but then again, is there more to it than that?

If part of ones problem is bad memories from a past life coming into the present one, what should one do? How can you confront it?