Ancient Greece?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Petrichor, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Petrichor

Petrichor Member

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for several years and gotten a lot out of it. I always wanted to participate in the conversation, but until now the lifetime I've been remembering is so well-known that I didn't feel comfortable talking about it. (Nothing to do with you guys, just my own insecurities.)

However, recently I've recalled this memory that was clearly not from that lifetime or this one:

It's warm and I'm lying on some kind of a lounge chair and I can see white pillars around me. I'm pregnant and I think I like it.

The truth is, I had this memory a long time ago but it didn't fit any part of my current identity so I seem to have pushed it back down. This is the only clear visual memory I have relating to this but immediately upon recalling this, I got the feeling that I'd had a daughter who's name was Io.

I guess Io is a Greek name, so I've been thinking of Ancient Greece. I have a feeling the memory must be pretty ancient. But I don't have enough memories to confirm that, and don't want to Google too much yet, so I'm wondering if anyone would have any other guesses.

General input in researching/confirming a most likely non-famous past life is welcome as well.

KenJ and Jaimie like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcom to the forum.

Petrichor likes this.
  3. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Petrichor! Welcome to the forum!

Do you feel you were famous? I was originally from Ancient Syria before I went to Egypt, so I know how hard it is to find information on ancient countries other than Egypt/Rome.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I googled Io in Ancient Greece and came across this princess of Zeus. https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/The_Myths/Zeus's_Lovers/Io/io.html

Eva x

4. Petrichor

Petrichor Member

Hi Eva1942,

Thank you for your sympathy. I have no reason to believe I was famous in the life this memory was from. I think I had white clothes in that memory, so I might have been wealthy, though.

All I really know about Ancient Greece is what I learned in high school, and the hunch the memory might be from there is based on that vague knowledge. I know of the myth of princess Io, and it has made me think that maybe there was something I liked in that tale that would've made me name a child Io, if I knew the story at the time. (There's a sense of some degree of vanity attached to the memory I described, so it might have been about naming the child after a princess? And at least right now I can see how I might've liked how princess Io survives despite hardship.) I've been wondering if Io was a common name in Ancient Greece or some other place close to it, but haven't Googled anything yet, I'm waiting if I might remember more before I do.

Eva1942 likes this.
  5. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Senior Member

I've experienced someting simular with my children, that their soul came to me very shortly after conception, and told me they are coming and what their name is, so that I shall know what to name them when they are born.

As of the name Io, I strongly assosiate it with someting very positive - a very kind person. A girl/woman who will have to watch out not to be disused by others for her mere goodness to people. A very giving and very caring person.

And I also assosiate it with the very extraordinary roman feast, the saturnalia. A celebration, basically of generousity and happyness for everybody.

And the number 10. A fullfillment of someting.

I think you are right to be happy to expect this child.

Peace and love be with you. All the best.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Eva1942 and Petrichor like this.