Animals/Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Demi, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Every time I see a German Shepherd I feel like I am looking right into the eyes of "my dog", even though I never had a dog (but always wanted a GS, and used to train them/house sit other people's dogs).
    Even seeing GS pics, I feel like I look right into their soul, as if they are a dear friend. This is a quite powerful feeling. I do not have it with any other dog breed, though I like dogs as such.
    Does anyone else feel like that about animals?

I've had a past life experience owning a GS, his name was Hugo. I wondered because at the time I thought "Hugo" was an American name. Then I found out that Hugo Boss was a German designer in the 30's, so that would make sense as to using the name.

2. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat Registered

I love when people bring up the subject of animals in these forums! I don't have that feeling with just one breed of animal, but I've always felt a close connection to animals in general.

I like to think that animals reincarnate too, a weird thought but I like the concept. That we always find our pets ya know? Even in different lives. Sometimes there is just a connection you can't explain. I like to think that we meet again time after time.

3. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

I too have very close relationships to my pets and am very connected to animals in general.

I started a thread about animal reincarnation here: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/any-experiences-with-pet-reincarnation.5519/#post-85301. In my case, I have two reincarnated pets right now, and one is on her third life with me. I work with an animal communicator as well when we need help with 'household issues' (if someone isn't working and playing well together), or if I need help with how they feel about something in particular (health care, dying and euthanasia, for instance).

4. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I've always wanted a hunting dog even though I'm no hunter. I'd be more like my dad who, in his younger days, staked a deer all day only to corner it and, after seeing the beauty of the animal, raised his rifle and pointed it saying "Bang! You're dead!" He walked away with no great kill to add to his record, but watching the deer bound away gracefully into the forest he said filled his soul better than any meat would have filled his stomach.

I had a dog, a Dobie-mix, who I was trying to train to walk beside me without a leash, obey, etc. I tried to train him from a puppy, but my brothers thought it would be fun to turn him into "the big dope", a large, incorrigible hound that was supposed to be utterly lovable (like they are in the movies, because movies don't lie, right?). I was trying to undo all of the bad habits they taught him when he died of cancer. My attachment to him isn't born of reincarnation, though. I liked him because he had markings on him that looked just like a cartoon dog I used to draw that I called "Bis-Kits". The real life dog had everything including the white diamond on his forehead! (And yes, I named him Bis-Kits!)

5. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I remember owning a small dog in my PL. But funny thing I'm not that interested in dogs now. I'm really a cat lover this time!

6. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I've always ADORED huskies and alaskan malamutes, since I was a small girl~ Whenever the family spoke of getting a new dog I would always ask for a husky or a malamute pup :D

I'm starting to strongly wonder about having lived a life in Alaska. It's one place I've always been dying to visit.

7. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

A Moment in Time

Ever since I can remember, I've had a rapport with animals, they are attracted to me and when I was much younger, they were very playful with me, but now that I'm in my early 60's now, they are more careful around me and somewhat protective of me.

And it was not only domesticated animals, one year when my Mother was ill, our Church arranged my way to a Summer Camp as long as I worked in the Dining hall.

After my Morning duties were finished, I stepped outside the back door and walked into a wooded area behind the Dining Hall and sat down on a log to think.

My life was in turmoil, I had raging teenage hormones, was struggling in School and my Mother was sicker this time and even going to Summer Camp failed to raise me out of the "Blue Funk" I was in.

I heard a noise and I looked up to see a wild Deer and her Fawn further back staring at me, and after "Reading" my Aura, I suppose, they came closer to me.

They started grazing in circles around me, getting closer and closer and both the Mother and her Fawn took turns sniffing me and I first thought it was food odors, but I not been handling any food, but washing the wooden hall down outside with soap and water, so I smelled of Pine Oil soap.

With them next to me, I started to calm down and found an inner peace that had been hiding in me, and the Mother and her Fawn slowly moved away from me, and it was as if they had been sent to help me, a scared and confused teenager.

I wasn't scared of them and they weren't of me and it was almost like a "Bond" we shared between us in that moment in time.

I never saw them again, and I remained feeling better, my Mother recovered and I started doing better in School and I'll never know who sent them, but that moment in time with those deer kept me from sinking any further in my moods, so thank you Mother Deer and Baby Fawn.

Who do you suppose sent them (if they were sent to begin with)???

8. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat Registered

My boyfriend's aunt has 3 cats at the moment, she just got two kittens after her elderly 17 year old male cat passed from a mix of different things. She has the BIGGEST connection with her cats. Loves them to death. Her one cat, before he passed, the day before actually, sat in my lap and he had never gone up to me before really, except to sniff my clothing.

But he sat in my lap and I want to say it was to say goodbye. Sweet old guy, could definitely tell he was losing his body, bit by bit. When he sat in my lap I remember thinking... "He's dying. He's saying bye. He's on his way OUT."

And he was.

~ Gotta tell you guys about my sheep too! I have sheep and my first ewe I ever got I named MaryEllen. She was a total sweetheart and we bonded so quick. She used to come up behind me when I was sitting down and smooch me on the cheek and gently nibble my ear. SERIOUSLY she was so sweet. Recently got taken by a cougar though. I still have MaryEllen's mother and MaryEllen's daughter from this year.

God I miss that sheep.

9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I've loved having a dog since I got my first one for my fifth birthday, a beagle named Tippy because of the white tip of his tail.
    Most of the dogs after that were strays that came to live with me in the years after losing him, one was a Spitz-looking female named Skippy that I was close to, we had several years together in my young-teens years. I only had two thoroughbred dogs, a Collie that was as dumb as a rock, and a German Shepherd that I would have trusted with my life - her daughter wasn't as close to me, but was to my children although she waited in the driveway for quite a while, waiting for me to come home from "work" during my long hospital-stay.
    I now have two Shorkies that are my first "inside-dogs" since being retired and able to tend to them after a period of not having dogs in my life.

I have always felt a kinship with wolves and I see them as being among the most beautiful animals I've seen.

10. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I've never really been a huge fan of dogs, I am more of a cat person. I think I fit in the stereotype of the cat lady, I attract stray cats, they simply come to my house and ask for food, and I give them all they want. Then they get attached to me and become even friendlier than dogs, they beg for cuddles and they are always there for me. I don't really care if they are dirty, if they let me I even take them in my arms, there is a black cat that just loves being held and cradled like a baby.
    However, when I returned to Romania I went to a rural house in the mountains in the county of Brasov and there was a beautiful Romanian shepherd, probably a Ciobanesc Carpatin or some cross-breed similar to that. It was love at first sight, she ran towards me as if she wanted to be petted, and when I started petting her she put her paw on my shoe as if to ask me to stay. No other dog was ever that friendly to me, considering that we had never met before. Unfortunately I had to leave soon after, I had a plane to catch in Bucharest. But I still look at the pictures of me petting the dog that my friend took, and smile.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    fireflydancing likes this.