Any experiences with pet reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Susan, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

A post on another thread concerned a soul's choosing their circumstances / parents etc. in their new life. I'd experienced this with my pets. I have two reincarnated kitties.

I can re-post what I posted there. A mod told me that they wish us to stick to human experiences in the other threads and mentioned perhaps that this would be a place to start such a thread.

Any interest or experiences here?

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

The mods were talking about human to animal reincarnation. Animal to animal is acceptable. About 3 years ago I was adopted by a neighborhood stray Siamese cat who acts like she has known me before. Who knows? It could be possible. When we were kids my sister was the one who had cats. Then there were a couple of neighbors who had cats.

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

It's actually anything to do with 'animal reincarnation' argonne. For those interested, the guidelines are here:

Guidelines

However, Susan, I do think your story is quite interesting and that others may have stories to share like this. So I'm copying it below for you in case others would like to comment on it.

4. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

When I met my current cat Panther, I felt almost immediately he was my last cat Neko come back. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. But he came into my life exactly when I needed him.

5. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

My family got a dog when I was 2 and my sister was very small, she was always really attached to him and loved him to bits. We had him until he was 11 or 12 years old, and he became very depressed and just didn't want to do anything anymore. We think he knew it was time, and my mum took him to the vets and had him put to sleep.

My sister was distraught and still carries a picture of him around to this day.

A couple years back she was at the park with her friends when a puppy who looked EXACTLY like our old dog, like a little clone, ran over to her and started jumping all over her, licking her face. She just looked at him and she absolutely knew that it was our dog. The pup's owner was surprised when she found her dog jumping all over a stranger as usually he was very well behaved and stayed by her side.

I like to think that our pets can come back to us through reincarnation :)

6. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

Oh, absolutely! I'm 100% sure of it.

There're a few books that are excellent. "Animals in Spirit" by Penelope Smith is excellent. And I believe the woman we work with, who is in New Jersey has books and CD's as well. Her name is Elizabeth Severino. She's been so very helpful in so many ways. She's a true 'whisperer'. My girls seem to welcome her input because when there are family 'issues', they seem to realize that through her, their voice will be heard. I can of course, elaborate should you wish me to. But I won't bore anyone with it unless they are looking for answers.

If you are like me, your pets ARE a big part of your family. I'm always amazed at how in-tune they are and how out-of-tune we can be.

OH and I also often talk to an animal communicator before we even go to a vet. They can often pinpoint the areas of concern, so we don't waste a lot of time and money on inappropriate testing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  7. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

They have a way of doing that. And sadly, sometimes they come into our lives with a specific purpose - to help us - and when we get through it, they then sometimes leave us all too soon.

8. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

I mentioned that I have two reincarnated kitty-girls. I also have a Yellow Nape Amazon parrot, Sophie, but she was not reincarnated. However, my then-recently transitioned Amazon, Keoke, helped me to find the right girl for me and she also helped Sophie to adjust to her big grown-up world. (We got her as a baby and finished hand-raising her.) Sophie is 10 1/2 now.

9. TheCuriousOne

TheCuriousOne Always Searching...

Not reincarnation but I think my dog has appeared in my dreams. When I pet regular dream dogs they end up doing something really weird (like turn into a horse or something) but it's different with my dog. She remains exactly as she was before she passed, and when I pet her it feels just like the real thing. <3

10. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

For the longest time I've been convinced that my budgerigar is the reincarnation of a budgie we had over ten years ago now, she was a sweet bird but died very young. Our current bird has a very similar temperament to her and unlike most birds isn't that fussed about keeping his feathers tidy, just like her. He's also a good talker, has learnt to say a lot of words; what's odd is that he can say our old bird's name, and we never taught him that!

11. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

Then, I'd say your sweet young girl came back to be with you. :)

12. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

After a beloved hamster died I was told she would come back as a black and brown dog. At the time I was a cat person. I now have a yorkie. Wanna guess her colors? LOL

13. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

:) I'm convinced that they will find a way back to you if they and you are willing and if everyone is happy with that. And in my case, every successive pet reincarnation brings closer relationship and more affectionate relationship than the time before. My Mei Li was previously Mei Mei and before that, I'm pretty sure she was my sweet little black toy poodle, Brigitte. That would mean that that particular spirit has been with me now for 39 years. And my Maggie was previously Jake (black kitties both times) and while there was a 2 year break in there between lifetimes, that spirit has been with me 35 years. (Maggie is here by me now, nudging my hand and giving me cheek-kissies as I type. She knows.)

14. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

BTW, Maggie is affectionate but she was nudging me, I think, because I'm past due on cleaning her 'pee corner'. She is a paw wringer. By that I mean, she's an anxious girl and worries about everything. So she sprays. But we have an agreement. She can spray but it's only in a space I designate and set up for her. It's a litter box, that is surrounded by some privacy screens (from Drs Foster Smith) and I've clipped with office folder clips, the wee-wee pads. She can pee there. Doesn't cause damage. I change the papers every day or so. It's an agreement we made thanks to the animal communicator we work with. And she sticks to the agreement.

Her previous incarnation was Jake. He was a paw wringer as well. He adored me, but he hated my ex husband. And he sprayed to prove it. I just wish I'd had an agreement with him. But better now than never. Baby steps.

15. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls Registered

Animals Have Souls

The teaching that animals do not have souls that I was raised with was always PROOF that the religion was seriously BLIND.

It seems clear to many that animals have soul and in abundance. I'm not sure how those who say animals have no soul end up with pets, and really, I wonder if they should. I wouldn't want to live with someone who said I didn't have a soul.

The novel "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein, discusses reincarnation AND how life and death and love and family look to the family dog.

16. rangehorn

rangehorn Registered

Any experiences with pet reincarnation?

Honestly, no experience about it, but I'm curious to know and how it goes about to have a pet reincarnation. It's an interesting topic though:thumbsup:

17. lilly

lilly Registered

I would not be surprised if our cat, Sherlock, would have had past lives as human. Never seen such human-like behaviour before in cats.

18. Simmy

Simmy New Member

I had a dog for almost 12 years, and our bond became stronger towards the end of her life. When no one else wanted to help care for her when she was sick, I'd wake up in the morning to hand feed her before I go to work and she'd follow me to my neighbour's house and sit outside quietly while I teach the neighbour's kids. I bring her to the vet alone (until the last 3 visits where my dad finally decided to help) and on her last day I managed to say goodbye to her while she laid on my lap. She had a growth in her liver that sometimes bothered her breathing, and vets advised against surgery due to her age. I just did my best to give her a happy life towards the end, bringing for nice walks around a nice park (which I found out, was against the park rules) and just spending more time with her, depriving myself of sleep sometimes because I'd be home late from work and still had to go to work the following day.

The day before she died I hugged her and whispered, "I'll be fine on my own, if you're suffering please go, don't worry about me". She did not want to be euthanised, I sensed that she just want to spend the maximum amount of time possible here. I've been called selfish and cruel for letting her suffer, but I know my dog. We were both timid and shy in nature, but we always had each other. She could tell when I feel upset and would allow me to hug her whenever I needed it most (she's usually not very keen on hugs).

So about 2 nights after she died, she appeared in a vivid dream in my room. She was so excited in my dream, she had her ears down and her tail was wagging so much. But she was behind my air cooler, and did not want me to touch her. Maybe there is a rule where the living and the dead aren't supposed to be in contact? I don't know. The dream only lasted for a few seconds, and then I woke up and cried. She was telling me that she's happy now :)

We got another dog just 2 weeks after her death but she had a very short life. I pity the poor girl because we had no idea that her previous owners did nothing in terms of vaccination and spaying. But that's another story.

A few months after the second dog's death, a kitten followed me to my car. He meowed and jumped right in. I don't usually bring animals home, especially not cats, because my family absolutely hate them.

It was a 1/2 hour journey back home and after jumping around in my car for a bit, he slept on my lap right away. It was after midnight, so I bought some sardines and milk from a 7 eleven on the way and fed him. He wasn't hungry. He had some milk and did not touch anything else, and kept licking himself clean, as if he wants to stay in the house and knows he must be clean in order to do so. He jumped into my bed and slept soundly beside me, no matter how many times I pushed him away. Poor kit just want to be loved.

So a few signs I picked up that he may be a reincarnation of my first dog:

1) A few weeks after he was finally accepted by my family, my dog returned to my dreams. I live in a tropical country, but she was in a snowy forest, running in circles, chasing a raven. After a few rounds she turned into my cat, and then I woke up. I can't say for certain that this is a sign she sent to me, or this dream is self-triggered.

2) I brought him to my friend's home (an entirely new environment) after 3 weeks of him staying with me- without a leash, without a collar. It may be stupid of me to just let him walk around- I thought he might just run away but he stuck to my side always. When he wanted to go upstairs I just gave him a simple 'No," and he listened. My dog was like this too, she understood right away and is usually obedient. I don't know much about cats, but they don't seem to be an obedient species, especially when they're still a kitten.

3) The way he stretches everytime he sees me. This occured only recently. My dog did the exact same thing. I've not really seen a cat do this- he stretches his hind legs first, yawn and then stretch his front legs in a bowing position before greeting me. I get chills whenever he does that, but maybe it could be a usual cat thing anyway...

Am I delusional? Or can someone confirm these signs for me? His personality is quite similar to my dog- loving, very gentle (he holds back when he's playing, he tried not to bite too hard when he plays), timid (may be because he's still young) and loves to follow me around.

In any case, it's just a great feeling that I can get this off my chest :)

19. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

@Simmy How sweet! I think it's very possible, and that it's worth enjoying your intuition and dreams on this one, especially since their personalities are so similar.

We don't actually have to make permanent decisions about questions like these, but simply become life-long observers. If enough points add up in a convincing way, then enjoy the feeling of almost-knowing ... with a tiny question mark, just to remind yourself that you're open to additional nuances.

20. Simmy

Simmy New Member

that is very true. it's a beautiful sentiment- thank you for that wonderful reply! :)

Mere Dreamer likes this.