Anybody have past lives as a soldier in WWII?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Jonny Of The Wolfkin, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Officers only. But any rank limitations are bound to be a bit arbitrary. More common with field officers, I think. Not perhaps very common with very new officers like untersturmführers (leutnant). More common between ranks of hauptsturmführer and obersturmbann- or standartenführer. But that is no strict rule. Some were wealthier than others. I think even some Sicherheitsdienst guys wore them. A lot of gear was weather-specific and long-time officers often had a bit of an arsenal of different uniforms and gear. I think I had everything possible, just to be on the safe side.

2. Klaus Heisermann

Klaus Heisermann Trotz Allem

Well, Haupsturmführer is what seems to have been my rank so, it's entirely possible. I'm wary to attach to hard-specifics if I don't have as much confirmation as possible but, it makes sense enough. I'm thinking it would've been leather, or wool then, can't quite pin either down. For whatever reason, most of my memories tend to be more of surroundings and situations than actual self.

tanker likes this.
  3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Death in a can, the whole channel is fantastic.

landsend likes this.
  4. Thyme&Bay

Thyme&Bay Active Member

9AC85401-7873-469C-97CB-C8E32D1BE8FB.jpeg

I’m new to the forum, and it got me thinking about a glimpse from about 25 years ago of perhaps a PL. “I” and others were being celebrated as war heroes being driven in long, black, open staff cars in a massive victory parade with thousands and thousands of people cheering and waving at us. At first I’m overwhelmed by the crowds—we had just come from fighting in the desert, and I probably grew up in a small town and wasn’t used to big cities like Berlin or wherever it was.

Then, I get happy about being a celebrated hero and stand up in the car and wave and yell back. I’m embarrassed that my sand-colored, cotton twill uniform jacket doesn’t fit me. The arms are 3-4 inches short when I raise my arms. I think it is strange they can drive us in Mercedes and treat us to luxuries, but I can’t get any proper clothes to wear.

That’s about all I got in the glimpse. When I told a couple friends about it last year, a friend asked what happened to him, and I got an image of him dead, face down in the sand. (And then after that a brief, tragic life as a girl in Africa.) I don’t know if he fought on the ground or in the air. One of the friends suggested I do some online research, so this photo is the closest to what I remember of him, though I just remember looking at his sleeves not seeing if his uniform had Lufwaffe wings or whatever since I had the vantage point of being in his body.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  5. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

This is a different perspective, but I was more or less a prisoner of the Japanese in Manchukko. The Russians invaded Manchuria and pushed the Japanese out. I ended up being transferred to the Chinese communists and put in prison where I died in 46. Some of my family was captured at an airport and transferred to a Chinese re education labor camp. Many of my sister's in law tried to escape to Vietnam or Korea. My wife had a dream so vivid she had to call me at work to tell me about it. She was on that train and got all of the details right. I was astonished at the level of detail but unsurprised as I knew she was my sister in law. My husband later testified at the Japanese war crimes trials.

I never fought in any western war, that I'm aware of, but that was my involvement with WW2.

6. Verloren Junge

Verloren Junge Senior Registered

I also have vivid memories of being in a camp, it was horrible. I was in Auschwitz-Birkenau and also, at a later point, Buchenwald. I remember horrible experiments and torture. I believe I died in Buchenwald after being a fugitive. I was a gay Romani boy who fell in love with a man who ended up becoming an Officer. It has been a lot to process, there are a lot of confusing feelings and memories. Almost everyone I encounter was a soldier or officer of some sort, you are the first I've seen other than myself who was a prisoner. How have you coped with these memories if you do not mind me asking?

7. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Thyme&Bay and Verloren!

Thyme&Bay and Verloren Junge like this.
  8. Thyme&Bay

Thyme&Bay Active Member

Thanks, KenJ!
    I posted about the soldier as part of a willingness to accept my shadow sides and the complexity of the human experience. A person can only do so much penance, and at some point needs to get back to living, doing the best one knows how...

SeaAndSky and tanker like this.
  9. Verloren Junge

Verloren Junge Senior Registered

Thank you!

10. Klaus Heisermann

If anyone is interested, I've made a survey that I would desperately love some feedback from. I've noticed some particular similarities between myself and a close friend of mine who was also on the German side of WW2.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2VLFWVY Here's the survey, it's only ten questions long, and it would mean a hell of a lot to me if anyone would be willing to take it.

Thyme&Bay and BenjaminFR like this.
  11. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

Hi Klaus. Do you just want people who remember being in the German military during that time to fill it out? Or can others (who weren’t German military personnel) fill it out as well?

12. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

Done! I smiled at the latest questions about the german language, this survey seemed tailored for people like me :D

13. Klaus Heisermann

Absolutely, feel free to fill it out regardless just, if you can state somewhere who and what you were. It is aimed a bit more at military because that's largely what my group is comprised of but, it's definitely open to anyone who fits the bill.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  14. Klaus Heisermann

Wonderful, thank you so much! I've been meaning to write you myself at some point but, I've been hesitant as I don't exactly know what to say, and don't want to be the 5000th person to bother you with the same questions.

Ritter likes this.
  15. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Done it.

16. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Done it.

17. Klaus Heisermann

Much appreciated, friend

18. Sk17

Sk17 Senior Member

Hello everyone. :) , thanks for letting me in.

I am new to this forum. I am 20 year old male, living in India.

Like many here, i also have vivid memories of fighting in WW2. I was a German soldier in my past life. I also feel a special affinity for german language. I remember fighting in battle of stalingrad. I dont remember if i survived the war.

In this life, i have a fear of shotguns and extreme fear of being locked up in a room ( maybe that means i was kept as a POW). I still have some nightmares regarding the war and bloodshed.

19. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Sk17, thanks for posting. There are quite a few recent members who recall WWII that you may have noticed. Are there any other details that you recall?

20. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi SK17,

Welcome to the forum!
    It's not easy to live and remember relatively fresh memories from the battlefield.
    I am interested to hear more about your story.