Anybody know the first names their PLs?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Koshka

Koshka the great

I wish I could- I've thought that I've come close, but owing to the fact that I died in the holocaust and have yet to nail down a solid location where I lived and near where I died, I have no vague idea what my name might have even been. Sometimes, when I look on Yad Vashem a name sounds similar, then there's a photo and I know it's not me. One of the few things I know for sure is what I looked like, because I've seen myself reflected in windows and in a tiny fragment of a mirror in memories. I saw a picture of someone I was sure was my grandfather (whom I adored-) once, but then I thought I must just be grasping at straws. The likelihood that it was even my grandfather was very slim. I guess I talk myself down a lot- it's possible that it could have been him. Long story short- I have my mind- my memories, and strong inclinations and feelings. But nothing else.

In the case of other lives, a name I've always had a strong reaction to is Kate. I hate when Kates refer to themselves as Katies, because it sounds silly and modern to me. When I think of myself as a Kate, I see something in the Empire Era- early eighteen hundreds england, somewhere in the Country looking v. v. Pride and Prejudice lite.

2. sarque

sarque New Member

Rudi in my most recent past life.

Valdemar or something like it in my life in the middle ages.

When I talk about my past lives I don't say, "When I was Rudi", I usually say "When I was in WWII" or "When I was a pilot".

3. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

I don't know my name in any of my past lives. I once was slightly regressed and thought my name in London during Victorian times was Sarah Elizabeth but I'm not so sure of that.

However I am absolutely SURE that my son's name during that same time period was James. I think it was the same life but I'm not sure. I think it was the same time period/general location. It feels totally real and right that his name was James. I'm not so sure about my own name.

4. msmir

msmir New Member

Yes, I know my names from many of my lives. In my last life during the Holocaust my name was Bett, and in my life in Victorian Britain it was Jane Townsend, my life in Colonial America it was Peter Jacobs, and my life in Kenya it was Kinstay. I had a life in France before that but I am not sure what my name was then.. and my life in Moravia, the life before that, I was a minister named Pavel. That is what I know so far.

5. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

Hi everyone!

I like this topic!

I'm not great with names. Sometimes they come to me as clear as water, but mostly I have trouble remembering them.

I remember one life when my name was Kate, short for Caitriona, another when my name was Elisabeth, though my beloved called me Lissie many times. I remember another life, here in Portugal, when my name was Madalena.

There are others, but these names are the ones that sound as clear in my mind as they did then!

:)

6. Anaesthesia

Anaesthesia New Member

The only one I remember of mine is from my Colonial America life, Phoebe, and that of a friend's during the same time, Jacob.

;)

7. Lizzi

Lizzi Member

I rememeber one of my PL names: Niccole or Nicole. I was a lady, apparently in a good economical status in St Peterburgh. But I don't have any surname at all.

Then, once I had a regression and I hear soemone calling for Richard very loudly. That scream made me wake up from my relaxed state. My heart was pumpering strongly, but I can't remember anything about that name.

8. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I remember my names, but would rather not divulge all of them for the time being. I do think names tend to follow a pattern ... for example I think that some souls like fancy, frilly names, some like short, earthy names, etc. In my studies and "personal experience" that tends to be the case, anyway. In my case I like unadorned, short, but somewhat musical names.

9. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hiya,

What a great topic!

Sarque wrote:

'Valdemar' is the Scandinavian (or perhaps just generally germanized) version of Vladimir. In Denmark it's a royal name historically and was used only by the royal family and noble families. In Danish history we have three kings by that name (Valdemar) in the middle ages and lots of princes, both medieval and later (just last sunday a Danish prince was christened Valdemar as one of his names).

Just thought it was a fun mention, because it's not a name you often see references too.

In my most recent past life I think my name was Jamie (James) - that is the name that pops up whenever I picture that life. In the life before that my name was Julia. Other names on past life personalities are (in random order as I can remember): Nikolas (monk, 1300's), Meredith (also medieval), Anna (1500's) and Lily (1800's). I know the names of a few other PL personas, but I can't remember them right now unfortunately :rolleyes:

10. andrewx

andrewx Senior Registered

What is wrong with divulging past-life names? The people you would name are literally dead.

Respectfully,

Andrewx

11. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Andrew,

Some people are not comfortable sharing the names of their pl's. It can be a very personal journey for some, and we respect that here. ;)

Aili

12. sarque

sarque New Member

That is very interesting! It was a Danish past life that I have recalled but I don't think I was part of the royal family, I just don't get that sense. Perhaps nobility, but most of what I recall has to do with battles and military life. I didn't know much about the name, though. In fact I'd never heard it till I was regressed back to that life.

13. Raakel

Raakel New Member

I'm almost completely sure that I was the same Rachel spoken of in the first book of the Bible, in the first of my Biblical past lives, which might be why I've always felt so close to my own name, which is still Rachel in this life...I also strongly believe that my name was Salome in the second life I lived in Biblical times. The name Alice has always felt really good to me, as well, and I've often wondered if that was my name, back when I lived in Wales in the 1100's, but I don't think that it was spelled like Alice back then. I think it might have been something like Aelis, but I'm not sure. I can never be sure, I think.

14. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

That's cute Oddzphish! :D

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I heard a name in my head while meditating last January. I can't be certain if the name was my own because I heard it as a loud voice in my head as I was remembering a past life in an orphan asylum, but my intuition tells me that it was almost certainly my name, I just feel it. The name I heard was Eliza Beatty (or Beattie)

16. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Really interesting, Chris. Was it pronounced Beetee or Baytee? Wondering because my guy (not married yet), his last name is Beattie (Beetee).

17. ChrisR

It was pronounced as "Beetee", like your other half :tongue:

18. Lulz

Lulz New Member

I'm really nervous about even talking about it here, still, but in the dreams that I used to have, when I was called by first name, I was always, consistently in every dream, referred to as "Josef".

:butbut: *deep breaths*

19. ChrisR

*deep breaths* - thanks for sharing Lulz ...... one step at a time! hug2.gif

20. Lulz

Lulz New Member

I can't understand why it's so hard to talk about to me.