Anyone else who has changed their taste ?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jaimie, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi !

Anyone else who feel they have been helped by realizing their pl mistakes and not repeat it in this one ? Who has been cautious when it comes to love -- knowing one had sadly failed in the past ? Anyone who has tried to deliberately change their taste, or just be aware of "been there, done that", so one won't repeat it ?

I have realized from one pl why that love life went...well, down the drain. Why she ( pl me ) wanted to be single upon the time of her death. ( I think overall her taste was the "bad boy" and could not distinguish good-type-within-the- bad boy from bad-type-within-the- bad boy - so to speak - til it was too late. She was, I suppose, just as great mismatch to him, or they. )

It would just be interesting to know about your own experiences about this : )

/Jaimie

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi, yes, I feel I know this. (Excuse the nagging part) but as Laura married to a husband who fought during WW1, I was then a daughter who's mother had abandon me. I still have no clue to where the father went, maybe he died, maybe he abandon the family. Even though relatives and people of the church were nice to me, I still went out of my way to please everyone, afraid of further rejection, and yet not have people too close to me so they would spot the real me.

When Laura was around 15 she saw her future husband in town. For her it took only one look and she was mesmerized. He was someone she could not tell if he was good or bad (but he was a "bad boy") or both, and his strong and different personality, without him using much words or doing something in particular, made her his puppy. Due to lack of self esteem (because of what had happened in her past), and used to being dominated, she was the perfect candidate to move in to the land that he (of course) had bought with his first wife (a beautiful looking woman who had died tragically young and whom Laura still suspected he still had a torch over). Laura placed herself, at some unconscious level, of being of less value of her husband, and of his first wife.

If I should speak of a cliche is it not that it is insecure girls that are drawn to "bad boys"? Often they have felt abandon from their father who has left them in one way or another?

And that the "bad boys" are in return, too insecure, but it just comes of a different way? So they are really the same?

I have had a lot of insecurities about myself and in another life I think I chose what I thought was a strong man, but I had a lot of growing up to do, which I had to do the hard way, before demanding an equal position next to my husband. And he too had to be on board with me, in order for that to work, which he was.

My conclusion is that when you change - it is only natural that the type that are attracted to you - and whom you are attracted to - will also change. That is, at least, how I believe, things has turned out for me in my life. That is not to say that anyone deserve having bad things happening to them, by someone else.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Jaimie likes this.
  3. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

I think that responding to past life memories and changing one's behavior in turn are the logical responses to being aware of multiple incarnations. My behavior was already a bit different than previous incarnations, but after becoming more familiar with my past lives, I purposefully strengthened those changes. That is why I tend to be more cautious and distrustful: in the past, I was very open and lived very public lives; several years ago, I was more closed-off; now that I know how many times I was burned, I have become secretive, carefully monitoring what I say and to whom. In my case, it would have been folly to see such repetitive mistakes and not try to adjust my behavior accordingly. After all, insanity is trying the same thing many times while expecting different results.

Jaimie likes this.