Are my mental illnesses skewing my beliefs?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by samsonwhamson, Jul 11, 2019.

1. samsonwhamson

samsonwhamson Samson

Hello! I'm new here and one of my main worries about my belief in reincarnation is that my depression—which makes it difficult to be happy with my current life—is subconsciously effecting me and is, ultimately, the reason that I believe in reincarnation to begin with. It's not that I've had, like, happy memories? (In fact, I haven't had much in the memory department at all.) But I'd just like to know if I'm not the only person who's experienced this fear?

I suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder, depression, ADHD, and C-PTSD. I also have high-functioning autism (still known as Asperger's to some). I don't think my autism or ADHD interfere with my spiritual beliefs, but I can't say the same about the rest of my disorders. Am I just overthinking it?

2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome Samson, I love all those labels that people cloak themselves with. Your feelings are shared with many here, spend some time here and look around.

samsonwhamson likes this.
  3. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Hi Samson

I have and have had { some have been healed through homeopathic treatment } similar diseases you are grappling with

My illness does not skew my beliefs ... nor my memories

The poor health does make me focus more on my past // past lives as well as present traumas > The mind and body are very much connected .
    Post traumatic stress disorder is something that can be worse with a body which has imbalances and toxicity where inflamation is causing pain and discomfort
    .. As has been accepted in Chinese traditional medicine the emotions can affect our bodies.. and vice versa

Here is a study showing the interactions
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...fPueKPDcOJmex5xFBunk-7o9u1FffawiSEYcqXZXOGNbQ