Are psychics to be trusted?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by EternalAgony, Jul 17, 2016.

1. EternalAgony

EternalAgony New Member

I go through reoccurrent bouts of doubt when it comes to my past lives but one in particular; That of Jeffrey Dahmer. I don't know how to find clarity aside from past life readings. And so when I'm feeling stuck, I purchase them. My go to site is etsy.. I'll try finding the cheapest ones with the most positive reviews hoping that the psychic will pick up on this past life.. Because none of them have; I've resorted to sending a picture of myself and Jeffrey Dahmer. There have been two psychics who've said I was him (one of them was able to figure out who he was prior to that life) but several of them have said no. I don't know if it's because they're not genuine, they can't pick up on this life, or I'm wrong..

There's a metaphysical analysis of Jeffrey Dahmer on YouTube where two psychics talk about astrology and his past lives.. The ones they mentioned (a knight and a life in which he committed suicide) resonate with me and go along with memories I've had. I resemble him, sound like him, have encountered reincarnated victims, and have had numerous memories. I had an astral experience a few months back with Joyce Dahmer.. She said there's a possibility I was her son and then compared pictures of me to him. She then walked off to show them to someone who I suspect was David (his brother) I then woke up.. I've been told that he's haunting me/his spirit is attached to me and I've tried to make sense of this but I can't..
    The people who've told me this recognize him and for that reason I think they're bias.

Why would he be haunting me for five years (that's how long I've believed that I was him)? Is there something else that could explain any of this? I asked something similar in a recarnation group some time ago and the researcher told me you only resemble who you were but then again..

The last psychic said she doesnt see much resemblance. I feel like I can't heal and this bothers me every day. I know I'm not the only one who experiences doubt but I experience so much of it.. I try not to let what people say get to me and there have been times I'll ignore what's said.. It would be such a waste for me to believe this for so long and then realize I'm wrong..

2. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

I saw this posted a while back before the forum was shut down. I wanted to comment but could not. Now that its back - well here I am.

You should recognise me, I'm sure you will but regardless I'm going to place my verdict.

I have experienced some doubt here and there but never severe, except with one lifetime. I still am not entirely sure why I doubted myself so much. That doubt now has clearly completely. With the memories I have, all I see, experience I can no longer doubt. I was George Alexandrovich Romanov. I doubted partially because I have already claimed being Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov, my own nephew and people like to claim being a romanov so often but oh well. I know who I was and just because others don't doesn't mean I should doubt myself. However I had a minor blip in my journey of figuring or my past.

Me myself, could never find trust in a reading. Although I believe people can genuinely give them I doubt authenticity and trust my own gut and intuition. I have had people flat out tell me I was who I was, and others tell me otherwise. The completely yo-yo effect of it makes me have no trust. Also, I with my own beliefs think it's a journey I need to take on my own without assistance. I had someone recently tell me I was someone and I have major doubts, until I saw a memory. Now it's me trusting ME not the initial words from another.

Since I know you, I can say I believe 100% you were him and always have. Many people and psychics carry on about my past identities, saying they've spoken to them. They've said I haven't moved on. I'm still in the spirit world not incarnated yet. But to that I say meh, they're wrong. I know I'm right here. I too have had astral encounters with people I used to know. Further proof imo. I know you look nearly identical, and i do not believe ts just spirit attachment. Just my two cents.

I've always trusted you.

tanguerra likes this.
  3. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Just as in any line of work there are good psychics and bad psychics. Just like there are good plumbers and bad plumbers, good teachers and bad teachers, etc. Some people who make claims are not psychic at all, but just in 'show biz' and you should not take anything they say too seriously. Others, no doubt, are very genuine and talented. So, whatever a psychic tells you should be taken with a big grain of salt.

If it does not 'ring true' to you, trust your own instincts first. If it does ring true, then I would still be wanting to check anything someone else might tell me about a past life with what I remember. There is no substitute for personal memories. Some people who claim to be psychic make their living by telling people what they want to hear and are very skilled at working out what that is. Not all of them are crooks of course, but sadly, some are.

Darius likes this.
  4. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

As to Jeffrey Dahmer, if you have strong feelings about it, and associate specific and verifiable memories, then that is all the evidence you need. The opinion of a psychic about it might be interesting, but would not necessarily sway me one way or the other. Trust yourself. Deep down you are the one who knows what you remember and what might be some kind of 'day dream'. But why would someone 'day dream' something like that? Usually the simplest explanation is that it's a past life memory.

Usually when a memory is bothering us and won't let us go, it's because our psyche is trying to tell us something. Either a warning about some kind of pattern you are about to repeat, or a lesson you need to be reminded of. It's often something going on in the present life that is triggering something. Once you work out what it is, it usually settles down. Keeping a journal can be very useful to try to figure it out in your own mind.

Darius likes this.
  5. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

Agreed tanguerra!

tanguerra likes this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

1. One way to check on a psychic's background is to look for a certified Psychic to begin with. Stansted Hall, built in 1871, was bequeathed to the Spiritualists' National Union under the will of J.Arthur Findlay, MBE, JP, a former Honorary President of the Union, and in accordance with his wishes is administered by the Union as a College for the advancement of Psychic Science.

2. IMHO For a psychic to tell someone about their past life -- is not as meaningful as experiencing it first hand. To re-experience the emotions, the feelings and the thoughts during another time -- enables healing and knowing at a very deep level.

GeorgeJ and Tinkerman like this.
  7. jaguar

jaguar Senior Registered

My hand clutched the doorknob. I twisted it, opened the door, and entered the house. I stood looking into the living room. A mature woman stood in the middle of the room. She looked at me, eyes opened wide, and shrilled, "It's true."

That was my ex-sister in law. The occasion was my older brother lie dying in a bed in the hospital and I had come to pay last respects. For some reason I was an outcast in my family and had not talked to that side of the family for many years. The house I had just entered belonged to my ex-sister in law. That side of the family had experienced turmoil that I had missed.

As time passed, I found that everyone except my older brother thought I was an OK guy. My ex-sister in law was shocked to see me as she had seen a psychic some years earlier and said something to her about a man named Bobby (not my real name). She could not believe he was right.

I need to share my background with you. I do magic and am renown in that industry for my knowledge of magical deception. I have written a book on the subject. Curiously, it is recommended to magicians and psychologists alike for an understanding of how the mind works. Once, a large university bought a case of them for a special class studying the human mind. Juggling, mind reading, mentalism and some other disciplines are related to magic. This fact has brought me in contact with some professional fortunetellers. At one time, I had a full time professional fortuneteller spend time with me. He discussed his trade in detail. His primary goal was to entertain at local fairs telling fortunes. During his visit, he gave me a pile of paper he had collected about the subject. They were fortunetelling systems. They had nothing to do with the spirit world. For example, take their name and use it as a key to some memorized script. That way, if the reader did a reading for the same person later, the script would sound the same.

Now here is my most interesting observation. During my journeys through varied books on the subject of magic and the unknown, I discovered this little bit. A psychologist, while interviewing a client, realized the client knew more about him that he knew about the client. The client had grown up in a very dysfunctional family. The psychologist surmised that living in such an environment had taught the person to be tuned into the feelings of others. A child in such an environment would be constantly watching for some kind of attack either physical or mental.

I identify with this as I grew up in such an environment. As a child I could recognize the click of the front door of the house from anywhere in the house. That sound rang in my ears and I would instantly run for hiding. My father had come home.

My point here is this. People raised in such environments are highly trained to observe things "normal" people never sense. The opinion here is that these people can read people and get the idea they are psychic because they "see" what others cannot. Curiously, such people will find each other in the largest crowds. Their radar antenna is always on and other such people sense those antennas.

When I was doing magic at a coffee shop, I encountered a psychic that was working there also. She believed she was the real thing. I sensed that she had a rough childhood.

Please understand, I am not claiming this applies to all psychics. However, I think it is something to carry in the back of your mind.

8. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I've met one good Psychic, and a handful of disingenuous ones.
    Heavy stuff ahead so please read with caution, but both extremely true.
    Summarizing up here, I'd say it depends on the Psychic.

------

The Good Psychic, but the Bad Story.

The first Psychic I met in person was a Druid, a friend of friends,
    I'd never met him before and no one had mentioned me to him previously.
    We met at a pub, I'd just finished college, he was sat with my friends but the moment I sat down in front of him he stopped talking to another friend and just stared at me for ages.
    Eventually he said, "You can't keep running from him, eventually he's going to find you."
    But it was so casual, like it didn't surprise him at all.

I could have thrown up when I heard it though,
    I'd never told anyone about those dreams, Ever.
    I'd had the same nightmares since I was a child, of a man (like a demon) hunting me down and killing me.
    He killed one of my brothers in a past life, cut his throat and dumped his body in a swamp, and we (my other past family members and I) were running from him.
    I used to dream that he'd be controlling my brothers lifeless body, that he'd climb out of the swamp and his dead arms would reach for me.
    I used to be afraid of the sound of trickling water in the dark, like the sound of drains, or rain running in gutters in the street at night.
    Every time I heard those sounds all I could see was my brother's face, and the water running out of his mouth and his throat as he tried to speak.

I know I'll have to face that one day. I've always known he would find me, just a matter of time.
    Just hope I'm ready, and not alone when he does.

------

The Bad Psychics, who preach Religion through taking advantage of loss.

I once asked my Guide to attend a group reading with me at a town hall, because I was nervous.
    Never been to one before, but was invited by family.
    Usually I'd get no response back from him, (usually busy I assume) but this time when I asked, he came.
    He was concerned and curious I guess, as much as I was.

However, it turned out to be nothing more than a 'promoting Christianity through taking advantage of someone's loss' event.
    The Psychics were using people's sadness of deceased love ones to preach 'Gods Love' and 'Spread the Word', they weren't focusing on the feelings of the guests or the ghosts,
    it was basically just a way to sneak in some information about their Religion.
    I have no problems people talking about Gods, but to play on the emotions of others in order to acquire more followers is barbaric.

Needless to say, my Guide was so.. so angry, it felt as if he were stood behind me, digging his fingers into my shoulders like he was afraid I was going to
    wake up tomorrow believing what they were saying.
    My whole body was cold and stiff, I was shaking uncontrollably because of the immense energy coming off him, he hated them for lying to people, preying on them at their weakest.
    That was the only time I really felt him so prominently, when he thought I was faced with something that could turn me away from him.

I'm not knocking Christianity of course, for a lot of people it really is the answer, but to use peoples sadness against them to suck them in is cruelty.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Mere Dreamer and Ljbellus like this.
  9. RunningWind92

RunningWind92 New Member

I wanted to put in my two cents here because I have been going to psychics for seven years because of my situation, and I agree with everyone here that there are good psychics and bad psychics. You need to do your research. There is a reputable list I found online and if you inquire I will gladly give you the link. When attending the sessions of bad ones, I knew they were not real because they were not giving initials or telling me things that only I would know. The reputable ones did that. I hope you find peace in your journey and know that it is not uncommon for past life feelings to trouble you throughout your daily life. Again, reputable psychics do exist but some are not.