Are You Really Irish, Chinese, or ??, and Why

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by SeaAndSky, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Ireland was a separate country before the Norman invasion Owl. It was an occupied country after it. In all my Republican lives I considered myself an Irishman. Anyone that considered themselves British living in Ireland was a traitor. To me the British were the enemy.

I also get insulted by the majority of present day Protestants in the North considering themselves British. They were born on Irish soil.

I remember working in Europe with a Protestant Northern Irishman. He insisted he was British when asked for his nationality so I insisted on speaking Irish. He said "Why are you speaking that? They don't understand". I answered " Why are you insisting your British? They don't understand. Besides you wouldn't be so stubborn about it if you weren't born an Irishman".

No offense but a Brit in Ireland in the nineteenth century brings up images of a fat landlord while the people starved for me.

2. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I don't think I was a fat landlord, quite the opposite. And I don't think I spent too much time in Ireland either before moving to England.

3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I lived and worked in England for a portion of my last life Owl. I also have done jobs in England many times in my current life. I have zero issue with the English people but I dont like what happened in my country.

This is a speech I gave in my eighteenth century life:

http://theunitedirishman.blogspot.com/2013/11/wolfe-tones-speech-from-dock.html?m=1

I doubt my soul will ever really rest until reunification happens and the whole island of Ireland has nothing to do with Britain.

I'm hoping with brexit and certain actions I took in my current life we are one step closer to reunification.

4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I remember being a little kid and trying to convince my mom that I was Italian because I used to be a Roman citizen and 'Italy' was the best I could come up with to try to explain myself lol.

As an adult though, I don't really think about it too much. Not because so many of my former homes don't exist in the same ways anymore, but because it really doesn't matter to me. The experiences of living in those places mattered far more than the countries themselves imo. Just a small piece of a much bigger karmic puzzle. I do still have some lingering attachments to various places, but I'm content just hanging out in America this time around.

5. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Here's a question, how many people feel that they have reincarnated with their families / extended families? How many of you would then consider yourself to be "ethnic"? That is having strong feelings and ties towards a certain place, people or culture?

I've reincarnated with my extended family and I thought that was normal until I was posting in another thread and someone said they found it was more typical of people from ethnic cultures and I realized I was just generalizing my own experience as the norm.

I've always felt Chinese through and through, but quite surprisingly, my dad who has never had an interest in Asia in this life, has been the strongest proponent in our family of returning to China.

6. Carloloner

Carloloner Active Member

I prefer to not think of myself as English, British or whatever else but as a spiritual being in a 'human suit'. To me i see every human wherever they are in the world as one race :).