Argh just can't do it

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kislany, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Kislany

Kislany Just searching...

Ok so last night I was home alone for a while so I put the OHM cd in and decided to try out a regression (or even just meditation) and see what happens. Btw, I think it's the new OHM as there are some voices after a few minutes, singing along. At first it was annoying but then I got used to them.
    But my main problem is that after I relaxed, and I really felt I was 'somewhere else', as soon as I found myself hearing a voice talking to me, or saw a face, all stuff that was a bit different from just 'daydreaming', I jolted up and lost track of it, and then was quite difficult to go 'under' again. It's like my heart skipped a beat and I was up. I couldn't control it and 'order' myself to remain calm no matter what. I felt and knew that something was happening and there was the 'jolt'.
    On the other hand, by the time I next looked at the time, already 40 minutes past, didn't realise time passed so fast.
    Did anyone else experience this 'jolt' that brought you back just because you realised that 'something is going on', and you got all excited? I want to control it, I feel that if I can do that, I'll have some wonderful experiences opening up to me!

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Yes, it happens to me, too sometimes. :)

Also if I'm having some spontaneous recall for example in the state between being awake and asleep, I soon snap out of it when I realise what's happening.

It's difficult to control it, imo.

Karoliina

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Kislany,

The new OM CD does not have the same effect - it is more about voices than Tibetan Bells. Tibetan Bells are specific sounds that create binaural beats which help you achieve an altered state quickly. Tibetan Bells, or Tingas, are two chimes connected by a string; each chime is tuned to its own frequency, and when the chimes are struck together a binaural beat is formed. This type of brain synchronization brings the left and the right hemispheres of the brain together, and has been used for centuries by many different cultures for various spiritual purposes.

The jolt - it seems to me, is an opening the the heart; heart intelligence. ;) Next time when you are meditating, bring awareness from the 6th chakra (mind) into the heart and merge the two together. If the jolt happens again - go INTO the heart center; focus within your own heart and be aware that as you do - awareness may expand. The goal is to find your center, listen for silence, and surrender. All else will emerge as it is supposed too. ;)

BTW - a regression is when someone facilitates a session with you. Meditations may or may not take you to a past life. Hint: Form a question that has to do with something you need healing for, or clarity on in your life now. No questions no answers the wise ones say. ;)

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Kislany,

You are not alone, this happens to me very often, and I guess it all depends on your frame of mind going into the meditation. Also it seems to happen more often if I meditate towards the end of the day, and rarely in the morning just after I've woken up.

Deborah, with all respect, you're reply is a little hard for us relative 'beginners' to comprehend. I was already aware of the things you suggested, but I just can't fathom out exactly where the 'heart' is? or even what it is? Obviously we're not talking about the heart as an organ are we? Or is it like when somebody says "you've got a big heart", or "his heart wasn't in it", I take it that this is the heart you mean? How do you locate exactly where it is? And how do you purposefully move into it?

Whenever I meditate, I always consider myself very lucky when I remember anything, but what I do remember, usually comes in the form of brief flashbacks, most of my memories surface in little bits and pieces, I'm not complaining as many people, like Kislany, have great difficulty remembering anything at all. Is the heart center somewhere you have to go in order to remember? Is it possible to go there without even realizing that you're doing so? Is it something that you've always been able to do? Or did you learn how to do it? I think using your suggestions would be an enormous benefit (your memories are a great example) - ;) - but I for one just can't get my head around the concept of moving awareness into the "heart center". I understand that it's not so easy to explain in words, but please.....have a go - : angel

Sorry for all the questions, and I don't mean to hijack your thread Kislany, but I suspect you'd be wondering the same thing if you're finding it difficult as well? Or is it just me? - :eek:

5. Deborah

Hi Chris,

I have to run to class right now. Most of the information can be found in this thread about the HEART CENTER.

I will answer your other questions later tonight. Sorry to be so vague but I have to run. Thank you for asking though. :D

6. Kislany

Thanks Deborah and Chris for the answers! Also thanks for the link, yes, I was (still am) also confused about the heart center point, so I'm off to read a bit more.

Well, regarding this below:

"BTW - a regression is when someone facilitates a session with you.",

I was more thinking in terms of regression on my own, just by listening to music, giving myself some purpose for it (e.g. remember pieces of a past life relevant to xyz in this life) and just go with the flow and see what comes out of it. Do you mean I've done it all wrong? :confused:

7. Deborah

((((Kislany)))) not at all - just the terms being used needed defining. ;)

8. Kislany

Okiedokie ;)

9. Deborah

Sorry to be so absent. The last two weeks of classes -- I am constantly on the run - no stops. So I apologize Chris and Kislany. Did the other thread help at all? Is there something else I can attempt to clarify?

10. ChrisR

No problem Deborah, I know you're busy. I've read the Heart Center thread thoroughly about 5 times, I've just skimmed over it again, sorry, I just don't get it at all - :(

I have past life memories, so if they come from the heart center, then I must go there without realizing it, but what I don't understand is, how do I go there with intent?

Some people have amazingly detailed memories, they meditate and consciously move into the heart center. When I meditate, 9 times out of 10, it is a failure. When i'm successful and recall past-life memories, then I must have 'subconsciously' moved into my heart center, with no memory of how I did it.

I don't understand, how can I move my 'awareness' or 'consciousness' from one place to another, it's just 'there', it encompasses my whole being, how is it possible to move it from a to b? I hope i'm making sense, it's almost as difficult to ask the question as it is to try and explain the answer - :D

11. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Chris,

Since Deborah is busy with the last few weeks of classes - let me take a shot at explaining....: angel

No – but I believe that if you do, you experience things with much more clarity. It’s a different experience - thoughts, feelings and emotions are in balance.

It IS difficult to explain in words – but it’s basically the bringing DOWN of conscious thought – and the bringing UP of emotion to MEET in the heart center. Like Deborah – it’s something I’ve always done naturally. I haven’t found very many people who knew instinctively how to do this – but they have been able to access the heart center with some practice. Try the exercises listed in the thread. And don’t be frustrated if you don’t get it – it takes a lot of concentration and practice. ;)

I would disagree with that. Memories can come from different types of experiences - at different levels of conscious awareness. If you were operating at the level of the heart center – I believe you would understand exactly how it works. Look how many times Deborah has told people who have memories to try going into the heart center when meditating. Just because someone has memories - does not mean their memories or experiences are heart-centered. You would definitely know if they were – it is a completely different experience. ;)

I don’t think so – I believe you would notice the differences in the experiences once you successfully access the heart center. And you would have an understanding of how it's done - even if you couldn't fully explain it ;)

There are different levels of conscious awareness. Some individuals have higher vibrations and work on different levels than others – with a more expanded awareness. It doesn’t make one better than the other – they are just different and will experience things differently. For some moving consciousness comes easily – and for others, they need to practice a bit ;)

Moving your consciousness is focusing on the heart center – on merging thought and emotion to create a balance in feeling. Whenever you focus with your heart, you're using a power that the moment you align with it, you automatically feel the sense of connection, centeredness - and of completion.

The heart sees things as already whole - already complete. ;)

Hope that helps....

(and sorry to Kislany for hijacking your thread!!!!!)

Aili

12. ChrisR

Yes, sorry for hijacking your thread Kislany - :eek:

Thanks Aili, for trying to explain. I guess this is just one of those things that you can never understand until you experience it.

I would like to say that I will practice, but I don't understand the exercises in the other thread. It's like trying to understand.....before I can learn to understand, does that make sense?....oh, my brain hurts! - :D

13. Ailish

What don't you understand? What - do you need clarification on? :)

14. ChrisR

Sorry I can't answer that. I need to understand, in order to tell you what I don't understand - :(

15. Deborah

Did you try this one?

16. Ailish

Hi Chris

Start with something easy. Try the exercise Deborah suggests in the heart center thread:

I’d like to add to it: Don’t go into it with any expectations. Don’t try to “see” anything or go anywhere. Accept it as it is – and whatever happens, happens. ;) Simply close your eyes and be aware of the self in the body. Don’t allow thoughts or emotions to become unbalanced – just be grounded and present in the NOW. Once you feel significantly relaxed – then move your hand over your heart center. 5 inches – as Deborah suggested – is the perfect width between your hand and heart center. Energy and vibration will flow between the two. Focus through FEELING on that area.

As with anything – repetition and practice = success. Don't be discouraged - just keep trying!

Aili :)

[/QUOTE]

17. ChrisR

Thanks for the suggestions Deborah and Aili, i've tried this exercise before, and I tried it again this evening, it doesn't work for me....but I will keep on trying - :)

Kislany, this is um.... your thread - :eek: : angel - Has any of this helped you? Are you still confused?

18. Kislany

:D I don't mind, as I like to read other experiences, so don't worry about hijacking it :laugh:

I'm also in the same boat with you, it's not really working for me. But I'll also keep trying. I believe it's true what they say that what works for one doesn't work for others, and vice-versa :)

19. ChrisR

Thanks Curious Girl for your explanation. I'm really not sure if I get it or not. I'll try and make a comparison in the best way I know how:

Let's say for example I cut my finger. All my attention is focussed on the cut, and the pain that it's generating. My question is, in that moment, have I moved my awareness into that finger? Is it that simple? Is it just a question of being aware or concentrating on that (heart center) area?

What I don't understand is that the way I understand it, my awareness is behind my eyes, in my brain. Every sense... sight, touch, smell, sound etc. is registered in the brain, that's where my awareness is housed. I don't understand how I can physically move that awareness to another part of my body, I can't "see" with my finger, or I can't "hear" with my nose. Do you understand what I'm getting at? Or am I totally getting this all wrong. Maybe it's because my idea of awareness is different to yours, or Deborah or Aili's.

20. Deborah

Hi Curious Girl,

Thank you for the in-depth reflections. :)

What I have found to be an important component of working through the heart center - is based on the questions you ask. They should be questions that are geared toward your relationships with others or scenarios that create deep feelings, emotions, fears, conundrums...etc., in this life.

The Heart Center is the feeling center. To just "see a past life" is fun - but to get to the heart of the matter - is in my mind the most important element in past life work. Not to mention the most revealing.

So if you take any issue in your life now and ask for clarity regarding the source or the reason for it, I would be curious to know what happens!