Art Embracing the Dead

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Cassie, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I wanted to make a thread where people could post any drawings they might have seen online/done themselves of people who've passed on.
    I know many of you probably don't draw, but drawing is an important part of my expression/progression.
    This is the only life where I've been able to draw, as far as I remember, and it helps relieve some of the tension
    that life (and the belief in the afterlife) causes in me.
    So I hope if you have anything to share, whether a masterpiece or a doodle, please share it with me.

[​IMG]
    Hijikata Toshizo - Military leader, exceptional Swordsman.
    Whom I love and respect most dearly.
    (May 31, 1835 – June 20, 1869)​

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. Cassie

One of my childhood inspirations, and my mothers crush.
    Another good man lost to the world.
    [​IMG]
    Marc Bolan - English Musician
    (30 September 1947 – 16 September 1977)​

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

If those are examples of your "drawings", they are beautiful - mine are quite amateurish by comparison. You and Deborah have a lot to offer in that area, I'm sure that it brings a lot of satisfaction.

4. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

An example of my drawings... It's about one of my past lives:

[​IMG]

5. Cassie

Wow you have quite a way with faces, strangely enough that looks a lot like my last house, although a lot smaller.
    You should include a mini Bio with it, I'd love to read while I gaze.

6. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

Thank you, your art is beautiful too.

The faces are those of young and old Jean-Baptiste Corot. I was this french painter in 19th century. The house is the family house at Ville d'Avray, near Paris. That's where Corot got his first painter's studio. He dedicated his life to painting, living "as a monk", as he said himself. That's quite interesting as I found another past life as an italian monk in the middle age. And Corot made three journeys in Italy to improve his art. He worked hard and had success at the end of his life. He died in Paris in 1875.

7. Cassie

That's very interesting, I don't have any memories of Earth during AD.
    Well I didn't until recently, now I'm wondering if I have ties to the Shinsengumi of Japan, who operated during the 1860's, but no memories of that at all yet, just a feeling.
    That's who the first image is of, the Vice Commander of the Shinsengumi police force.
    I'm lucky enough to have photos of them available, and I sometimes like to crack open a bottle of Champagne or Sake and toast to their memory.

I'm very jealous you have memories of that time period, even if different countries, Jean-Baptiste Corot died just 6 years after Hijikata Toshizo, which I find surreal.
    The French were frequenting Japan at that time, equipping them with weaponry, trading and funding.

8. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

They could have met ! But I'm sure it never happened. Corot just travelled around France: Italy, Swiss, Netherlands, England.

Here is another drawing of my lives where you can see the italian monk:

[​IMG]