Article on reincarnation

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Tinkerman, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

In the new issue of Lions Roar magazine (May 2018) there is a pretty good article on reincarnation. The article titled, Do You Only Live Once?, mentions several well known cases, such as the Jimmy Leninger story. It also explains how Buddhists traditionally see past lives. The magazine is a contemporary Buddhist publication and can be found at most good book stores and news stands. ~Tman

Deborah likes this.
  2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Are they on line?

3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Deb, They do, Lions Roar, but the current issue wouldn't be on line yet... I don't think. They do have a search engine that brings up many articles on reincarnation. ~Tman

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thanks! I'll give it a look today.

5. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the link Tman. I had never thought about the difference between reincarnation and re-birth as I thought they were the same thing - never crossed my mind about the body itself being re-created. When Jeffrey Keene wrote about looking alike in previous lives and suggested tracking by DNA (in Someone Else’s Yesterday), I though the idea was absurd as I had never considered it. I guess my knowing that I was separate from my body, and was not fond of it when I was about five years old formed a view that would not allow that interpretation.

6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote ... What is discussed on this board is (non-physical) soul's reincarnation, not physical body's reincarnation.

It is true that the physical body continually regenerates its cells, which means that a physical body today isn't the same as a few moments ago, but that's not what's discussed here.

7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

baro-san, I think that John was talking about my post where I spoke of being surprised that some people equate reincarnation with the body (and DNA) appears again. In the article that T~man mentioned, it spoke of the difference between reincarnation and re-birth, the former including the physical and only the essence in the latter.

baro-san likes this.
  8. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Thank you Ken.

I thought that I might have misunderstood that post. I apologize for my inopportune interjection into the discussion.