Astral Projection: the basics.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Eowyn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Myna

Myna Humanoid

Oh WOW! Dats a lot of writing Eowyn. Well Done! Very detailed & organized!

I actually dont like to talk about it, but just 1-2 times, I think it's ok.
    I can add to fully conscious OBE.
    As you are drowsy, you lay on your bed, you can see a copy of your body, but transparent floating few cm off from your physical body; ppl call it astral/ erheric body
    As you realize that the seperation takes place, when you look up above you, you will see beautiful dust & circles of very bright lights, initially they fly in circulation above you slowly, then you will see them move faster, and finally super fast that creates wind, strong wind. It keeps circulating & move towards your body, it's like a tornado ready to drag you out of your body. As it circulating towards your body, when the wind touches your etheric body, you have the sensation of like earthquake, like you are floating, trembling, you hear the sound of the fast wind moving fast in circulation til you hear super loud noise like "ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiig" as if you are about to get deaf because of it. You will feel the wind movement stronger, as it completely has your etheric body, you feel that you are getting sucked/vacuumed out of your body thru your head crown.

Next will b different experiences, depends on personal situation & conditions:
    - see body laying on bed
    - find yourself somewhere
    - you see old memories
    - you see past lives
    - you see future
    - you see your desired future (not necessary will take place, unless u try to create it)
    - you see mind cinema/ mind images
    - you hear voices
    - you see creatures (fantasy)
    - you see scary ones
    - you see spirits
    - you see shadow elements, etc.

When you go back to your physical body:
    -some consciously go back, you feel exactly same as u went out, but it's like pressing in to unite, feel floating, super strong vibration with different sensation like as if you have a electrical shortcut & tingling at same moment, your head got shaken like crazy, but finally all calms down
    -some abruptly due to fear & often lead to sleep paralysis.

Anyhow, it is said not to AP before you can control your mind thru mindful meditation.

Any phsycic phenomenas are only hindrance to reach blissful mind. Thus, we shall not attach to the experience. That's why guru encouraged not to talk about it, it will create attachments & karmas

Note: when you fully experience OBE consciously, you know what to do when you die.
    What you experience, face or see during OBE, will be the same as when you are at bardo/intermediate state after u died.
    If u r mindful, you can control all emotions & free yourself from attachment, you will be liberated & attain entlightment where karmas no longer will affect u, coz u just free yourself from the karma chain.

In fact, if u wonder why we reborn? It's because we fail to do above, so we have to go back until we learn them & attain enlightment to enter nirvana. However, as enlightened being, you may choose to take reincarnation again or not. You can choose exact place you wanna be reborn, even before you die, not AFTER you die, normally for selfless purposes only, or else you fail.

Note:
    As about the attacks, it was our auto mechanism of our ego to protect itself, the brain translate our fear to its randomness, if currently u r afraid of specific animals, it will appear so before you. If u were terifying because of death in family, fear of loss, attachment to them & worriness, you might see skeleton, death creatures, demon, spirits, etc. Coz that's how our brain translate the degree of our fear, so u must overcome your fear & not to get attached to the fear sensation nor scary images. That's why enlightment is aint easy, you must really mindful & successfully detach to your likings & neg emotions.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Eowyn likes this.
  2. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Awesome and clarifying post, Myna, thank you!

There is only a couple of things I can't agree with:

The truth is gurus say this just as a means to control people as any other religion, and probably keep their knowledge secret. I don't believe in karmas, and talking about AP hasn't brought me any attachment. The only problem sharing this knowledge is you'll encounter people who won't believe you, will think you're crazy, or just won't understand a word you're saying. This claim reminds me that other one that says that if you talk about it, you will lose the ability. No, you can lose the ability for many reasons, the most important one that we don't find the time or energy to train properly... what's more, I wouldn't even say it's an "ability" or even a psychic phenomenon, as it's a natural thing that anyone can achieve, if they just have the will and the focus. To astral project consciously you also have to change your daily routines and way of life, and that's something only a few are up to do. If I could, I would erase all these myths once and for all.

Nonsense, as there is no "karma chain".

Beautiful spiritual beliefs, but I doubt they're true. And I don't see the relationship between AP and reincarnation. You can only astral project while being alive. Once you're dead, you only remain in the astral for a while, and no, you're not more enlightened than other beings just for being dead. Once in the spiritual realm, where you are a bit more detached from your last incarnation, is when you can do the proper decisions about your next incarnation. Nirvana doesn't exist either, it's just a religious concept. AP should be separated from any religious or esoteric notion, or you will be bound to create your own (false) reality any time you astral project.

In astral projection things can and must be kept simple.

fireflydancing likes this.
  3. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

Hi. I had a brief OBE early this morning. I don’t control when the opportunity presents itself so it has been a while. I still carry a little fear when I go into these states. It started with the usual feelings when switching- there was this honing in- unusual sounds and the feeling of rising out. It’s usually very difficult for me to leave my body- I tend to get half way up and stumble around the astral like a drunk. I remember feeling the usual struggle to rise outward but then I heard my name from behind me, “Eric” and I immediately sat up(my astral form). I remember being taken back by how easy it was once I heard my name and I thought the gentlemen was right behind me. For some reason I was too scared to turn around and look. I instantly dropped to my knees and started praying. I remember feeling a bit of the weight but not physically- just like the atmosphere around me was very active/hazy/staticy. I thought I couldn’t handle viewing this person in his true form- despite this person sounding like a regular guy. While on my knees and elbows and looking down on the ground I felt/saw a shadow figure peek over my shoulder curious to what I was doing. I tried pushing it away with my energy and saying I wasn’t interested. The guy that woke me up said, “that wasn’t me,”
    I replied, “it wasn’t?”
    “No.” He said. This was the first time in a long time or the first time ever I had a clear and calm conversation with a voice in this realm. It was interesting to note it was very hard for me to talk and it played back after I said it like a relay. It was a struggle and my voice came out slow and low- I sounded faint but calm whereas this person was talking clear and steady-a no second guessing pace.
    I remember trying to get up and look behind me and I think I saw a ghoulish gaseous green person thing sitting on the edge of my bed where My phone charges. I knew this wasn’t the person talking either. While I was doing this he said something like, “let me go over some general things since I’ve asked similar stuff.” As soon as he said that I Woke up instantly- like i zapped/jolted back to me laying on my bed now eyes opened, guess I had to use the restroom... It was around 5AM when I awoke and I unfortunately didn’t get past that. Interesting to note I don’t remember the exact word but I think he actually said, “Let me answer in general terms since I’ve had congenial questions.” Lol I don’t think that was the exact word but he said something like that, a word I don’t think I use in my everyday vocabulary.. since I couldn’t remember exactly or wasn’t sure if it even made sense grammatically I changed it to the first way...

I haven’t had an actual communication before but this person didn’t feel like any kind of spirit or ghost or anything but just a regular person.

If you’re reading this Eowyn I wonder if you had anything similar?

Eowyn and fireflydancing like this.
  4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing Registered

Nice story cloud potato,
    I guess this person was the astral body of a living person asleep somewhere in his bed (because of his greenish color).
    Probably he'll visit you again if you get along.

5. Eowyn

Hi, Cloud Potato! Nice experience! Unfortunately I've had few communications while in the astral, but yes, they're weird like that. Yes, they feel like "normal guys", not spirits or ghosts as we usually conceive them. My vision in the astral barely works, so I can't tell you how they looked like, but I do remember one occasion where I felt the presence of a grumpy old man above me. He just told me I was doing fine and when I wanted to ask him something he just seemed annoyed and went away. In another occasion, when I had just left my body and was lying on the floor trying to figure out how to move, I felt the presence of a nice young guy who wanted to help me, but he saw I was confused and he left too. My guess is he had some experience, I heard the recommendation that if you encounter confused beings (as most of us are when we're asleep and wander in the astral) it's best to leave them alone.

It's interesting and fun how you were a bit confused too, and how you still try to do things in the astral as if you're still in the physical. Yours are so similar to my own experiences! I think that when you forget about that bit of fear, you'll get further than me!

Fireflydancing, it's the first time I hear the color has something to do with being asleep or not, I doubt that's true.

6. fireflydancing

fireflydancing Registered

I once saw somebody shiny purple-ish and I remember you once said that an astral body can be greenish/blueish and so on. Being asleep is not so important, just likely when you meet a someone at night when you are out of your body yourself.

So, maybe I did interpret your words differently than you intended and then I am sorry. :)

Eowyn likes this.
  7. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

Hi firefly and Eowyn,

Thank you both for your response. Firefly, I remember specifically that this green thing on the edge of my bed was not the person speaking to me.

Eowyn,
    It seems like a fun place to reside, or at least, things seem kind of comical after knowing you’ve encountered grumpy and regular people too.

I’m on another forum with Angels but I don’t think this gentlemen was an angel.

Have a nice night guys, ty for the replies.

fireflydancing likes this.
  8. Eowyn

Well, keep in mind I'm just talking of my subjective experiences, and everybody who is in the astral, mostly has subjective experiences. I never categorically state anything. The astral world can be perceived totally different depending on the person, as it depends a lot on your own state of mind/practice/level of experience/level of lucidity at a given moment. Precisely I'm always fighting against dogmas and myths. That said, what you encounter in the astral can be anything, from "astral bodies" (whatever that is) of asleep people (that is, unconscious people, as everyone who is asleep is astral projecting, whether they know it or not) to half-conscious people trying to "wake up" in the astral, all these alive of course, to "astral bodies" of dead people, what we'd usually call spirits, and mental statues, thought forms, and other kind of "creatures".

I even doubt angels exist. As I always say, be careful what you believe, your own beliefs might take shape in the astral.

9. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

From what I can tell, "Angel" is an earthly classification for a certain quality of being, possibly a soul-path that some individuals choose because they want to help others. Like taking the psychology-track through college in a way.

10. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

Hi Eowyn,
    That’s assuming you and I have the same understanding as to what an angel is- which may not be the case. :)

11. Eowyn

That's the problem, Mere Dreamer and Cloud Potato, that we can call "angel" whatever we want. And with the astral, an additonal problem is that your beliefs can take physical shape and think they were real. As my mentor usually says, we just can't make the astral a reflection of the human world, because it's just a totally different thing. And as long as we don't get rid of those beliefs, we won't realize it.

12. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

This really sums it up. I'm well aware of the fact that what I "see" is just an interpretation of whatever aspects of truth fit into my capacity to see. Angels have so much historical myth and story to them that it's hard to break it down past the characteristics and nature they tend to display. And in another culture, of course they would have a different name.

Ljbellus and cloud potato like this.
  13. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

I believe that one of the main reasons we incarnate as physical beings is to learn to handle the non-physical thought responsive environment in small bites (night dreams).

The other is to learn ourselves out of our primordial innate ignorance.

cloud potato likes this.
  14. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

Hello Eowyn.

While I agree with your sentiments, I want to remind you what I said about this person who called my name; this form was not some angel or the opposite, demonic but, something familiar.

I have been trying to willfully project for the past week with little to no success. I don't know enough I guess. What I do know is, these experiences seem to happen after I go back to sleep from waking up in the middle of the night. For the past week I've awoken to my alarm which is set for 3:45AM, I stretch, drink some water then fell back asleep. It's easier to remember my dreams but nothing past this...

I would try again tonight but there's that old saying ringing in my head... To try the same method and expect different results is madness. Something of that sort...

Hope all is well with my Parasychology friends here at the reincarnation forum. :)