Astral Projection: the basics.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Eowyn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

I've had a thought today that maybe I was the one viewing through Abigail instead of vice versa, maybe not. This is not the first time I encountered chanting sacred words in a dreamscape either. The other time was a honing in on a group of monks who were chanting "AYA" which was very powerful. Thinking on this and the meaning of aum I understand it is vibration and all of creation is vibration. Abbey went outside and started chanting aum and we started rising upwards. In this realm, the shadowy like hands were literally stretching up and thinning out as she chanted. The feeling was joyous and I am wondering if we, as a vibration, were merging into this "all-pervading" baseline energy. I read today that the body is an expression of electromagnetic waves. I wonder if we can experience formlessness, or maybe it is form different than what our eyes interpret and define in the physical realm... Again,I believe the "astral vehicle" that we were identifying with was being vacuumed up into this, all-existence.
    So what of witnessing and experiencing through someone else? How does this relate to consciousness? Also, I am thinking this ringing in the ear or chills in the spine is a type of communication with something of a higher frequency or, less dense vibration.
    My path has so far brought me to understand that Spirit is Alive and Intelligently communicating with us.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Eowyn and fireflydancing like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thank you for posting that cloud potato, I recall using sound/vibrations in lifting an obelisk some 12,000+ years ago that I've mentioned before that must have been triggered by a photo of one still in the quarry and from close to the same perspective. I too think that we are vibrating packets of energy with possible "harmonics" as prior-lives, just my thoughts.

cloud potato likes this.
  3. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Thank you so much for your words. I don't visit this forum as often as I would like now, but it's great to know this thread is being so useful for so many people. Yes, it's wonderful to find people who understands OBEs, as it's such a strange experience, and so difficult to describe, that only people who had lived it know what we mean.

You make a good description of the lucid dream turning on an OBE, and the emotions creating reality.

Many people after their NDEs develop some type of psychic ability, I often hear about premonitions but not so often about OBEs.

I totally agree with you there's so much out there that our human consciousness can't understand, or even imagine. As I usually say, we're limited by our physical senses, but as you say it's with a purpose. I also learned a lot in this forum and others where I found great people sharing their experiences, and that was essential to find my own answers. I am grateful of being here, living this human experience and at the same time being aware we're all immortal.

KenJ likes this.
  4. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Hi, Li-la, interesting post.

No, unfortunately I don't have any definite answer, but I can give you my opinion. Besides, what you told resonates a lot with me, as I was also a mistreated wife back in that time where women were little more than possessions for a man.

If the "dream" was too real, that is, identical to the physical world, then probably it's just a dream, a creation of your own mind. Our dreams are usually built with elements from our subconscious, and that's why all our fears can take shape in the astral world. You may see it as just a dream, or, if you're more lucid and you're astral travelling, then you see it as a totally different world, with different levels of "solidity".

Now, I think sometimes what we project in a dream might have a base of reality. Could be that you still feel as a prisoner, as you still have many emotions to process from that past life, so you create that dream. But maybe you somehow "sense" that your past life husband is still trapped in the astral world, and as there's a lot of attachment, maybe you did visit him in his own prison. I mean, if he died in his past life, and he is one of those souls that haven't realized they're dead, they may build their own world and spend hundreds of years there, as ghosts. It stands out how you describe the house, I don't know if you could have built this from your own memories, or if it's a "real place" in the astral built by your past life husband. Do you know if he's reincarnated?

I think it's possible he's there, but not for you to have a second chance. I mean, he might think that's possible, because he doesn't know he's dead, but you're here, alive, living a new life. No matter how many emotions you still have left, he can't reach you now. He doesn't have more power over you. He won't move forward until he understands he's lost in the astral. He must go to the light as all souls do, and then start a new life as you did.

I guess there are different opinions on this, as many people think time is not linear. Personally, I think we perceive time differently when we are in the astral/spiritual world, but there's still a past and a future. You can perceive things from the past and the future (maybe even things coming from your past self), but you can't be physically there. The process (as I see it) is this: your physical body dies, your "astral body" goes to the astral plane, then your "astral body" dies (many astral travellers refer that sometimes you can even see "carcasses", "bodies" that retain some ability to respond, but it's all automatic and end up dissolving), and your spirit then goes to the spiritual world. I use these terms to keep it simple, but probably there are more stages. In this process we're elevating our frequency of vibration, as if you were a worm becoming a butterfly, you get rid of the different wrappings that allow you to be here, in the physical world. So, if you're reincarnated here and now, this means the astral self of your past self doesn't exist anymore. You can't be in two places at a time. Maybe your mind/consciousness can, but you can't have two bodies at the same time (yes, I know many people believe in simultaneous lives, but I'm not one of them). I hope you understand what I mean.

To find out what was that "dream" of yours, you should have enough lucidity to ask, once and if you find yourself back in the same scenario, if that's real or just a creation of your mind. When it's just something you're created, it usually fades away, almost instantly. I know this is quite hard to accomplish, and anyway, it's not recommended to try astral travel when you're so affected with fears or negative emotions, precisely because you tend to create this "dark places". If I were you I would work on those emotions.

I'm not sure if you're referring to symptoms of astral travel. In this case, symptoms don't depend on the age, both children and adults can have them, or not. This is very variable on each person. Some don't feel nothing at all during the transition, they hardly can tell real life from the astral plane. Others hear voices, others the buzzing on the ears, others just the vibrations... So, there's not anything "normal" or "abnormal" here, almost anything can happen. The only sure thing is we all separate from our physical body every time we go to sleep.

Li-la likes this.
  5. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Eowyn, thank you for your reply. I was born an empath in this lifetime which has been a mix blessing of sorts. And even though I have learned a lot over the years I still keep on learning and discovering new aspects about myself, the eternal nature of soul, god and reality in general. I look back on my life ( I'm 60 now) and realized I had to go thru a lot of suffering and loss (dark night of soul experiences) which is part of letting go of the lower ego in order to connect to the higher self. However the growing really never ends. It has made me very humble and grateful for the little things in life that we so often as human beings take for granted. On the inside we are all the same as soul however like you have said I am grateful for being alive in the here and now to have this experience of being human and that as soul we are immortal.

Love and peace P.

Eowyn likes this.
  6. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Its interesting how things can change as you grow.. I have had OBE"s and also Astral traveled but for several years they have not happened for me My pure spiritual self has been taking me down a slightly different paths...for example lately I have been shown memories in real time very different to what I have seen before ...that are guiding me to what I believe are a couple of important things
    Just a couple... are recorded real times memories of our spiritual selves some time of time travel.. That maybe just maybe we can re live a previous incarnation of our spiritual selves in real time on another level... When I have these new types of real time memories I am very tempted to step outside of the memory into the time of the memory Would that be a dangerous thing to do? could I return?.. that is what worries me ... I need some advise before I say..." what the hell lets see what happens"

7. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

John, it is gratifying to hear of another old-fart going through changes in their life sequences and being able to voice them to a broader audience. I can not answer your question, but truly understand your predicament. Maybe that is one of our options when we "transition", everything I've read says that the path is laid out in a way that is gentile for our "passing".

Kinda tense place to be - about like your first landing on the Enterprise, white-knuckled and all!

8. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi Eowyn!
    Thank you so much for your answers. I've only just discovered you had written, I don't know how I could have missed it. Then again, I am a bit clumsy at times.

I had to read what you have written several times before anything sunk in, and I am gonna keep it in the back of my mind. Thank you so much.

I'm so sorry you have been an mistreated woman in the pl. Yes, it certainly was very different times. It is one thing to read about it, but it did not enter my mind that it would be so significant in the smallest detailed in every day life. And a lot of things I am sure no one even questioned or saw as being suppression or humiliation, and others one saw very clear that it was, but I think we all start out adjusting and are being taught certain things and at one point we just go on with life and we don't question them. For instance I remember clearly as Laura a hot summer day when I walked in the hallway and the father (I think it was either my aunt's husband or older sister's husband, he was a priest, I have later found a photograph and information about him) called me in a room that looked like a home office of some kind. In this room was my husband to be. Earlier, if I should dare to take a guess I would say 1-2 years before, the future husband had suggested that I would leave this family and go work for him as he had lost his wife and needed help on the ranch. It didn't happen. The father asked me to sit down, and I did. I could feel the tensions in the air, both men were dressed business like. I was used to seeing my future husband as he looked as a typical ranch owner when he came in town to pick up what ever he had now ordered for his new home. I could tell it was customary that I should wait til the father or any man really had asked me a question, or done a nod, something to give me the sign that it was allowed, it was given, that I should talk. It was settled then and there that we were to be married, I was to continue with my education despite the marriage and working on the farm and my husband would give my mother money on a regular basis. All very businesslike. The time had come. I think we had both been in love with each other for a long time before this moment but only done small talk in town. It was a sensation every time he was around me. The mistreatment began, I think, after WW1 , he had changed, I had changed. Also we had a dispute in midst of the war and I thought he had left me and would divorce me. After the reconciliation and the death of the child he thought I had become insane. instead of making reality of his threat to take me to a mental hospital of some kind, he did his own treatments of me, one of them was forcing a bit of sheet with some strange liquid on on my mouth and nose til I calmed down or if I actually fainted.

I have realized that the husband was, is not of the opinion that he was abusive. But he was a man of different times. There was one scene for instance where I looked up, sitting at the sofa at our home, and seeing how clean and in order everything was. But no son alive. Everything was so silent. So untouched. I missed him so much. What was it all good for then? What kind of home was this? Why put in any effort? Suddenly I went up and started to trash things, at a certain area of the room, in rage and in tears. The husband appeared in the room at the doorway and at once took out the leather belt around his pants. Laura took steps back, slide down a wall and stared in the nothingness in front of her. She did not care if he would beat her with it or not. I could see him coming closer, and bending down somewhat with this knees, still holding the belt with one hand, and staring, looking at her. I can't remember that he beat her with it, and I think this is possible the scene that he wanted to show me that he was, from his perspective a "good guy" to not hit her.

It is clear to me that he did not consider himself grabbing her or dragging her or carrying her as abusive, even if it was so clear this was not what she wanted. It really was as if he did, as you say, consider her body his possession.

I have thought about if the husband has been reincarnated, he has some things in common with an ex boyfriend of mine, but then again the spirit of my former husband could not then have been haunting us for years perhaps so I have sort of now landed in the thought that no, he can't have been reincarnated then. He has powers on the other side that he did not have in life (like creating hell of a sounds, turning of electricity and I think that is only the beginning. It is like I can sense his potential and it has frighten me when we have tried to communicate. I can never figure out if he is good or bad or both, I can't describe his energy, he had a strong personality when he was alive, strong will).

What I find is quite difficult for me is that in that life as Laura, I had "psychic abilities" (or maybe just imagination, I don't know) that I simply don't have this time around, the little I do have is from when I was a child, and I think many kids do have psychic abilities but it will go away in time if not cared for, and if not believed. If I got this right she was later trained and disciplined about this ability by the Maoris and the Mormons. So Laura is I think more used to the astral world than I am. My own "ability" really opened up when I remembered during intense work of meditation this life as Laura. She was a missionary, but also worked as a teacher, and during WW1 as a nurse assistant, the latter to her husband's strong disapproval.

I have memory of a time when she came in town, sitting in the back of a horse carriage as the father of the family left to go in a store. She sat there with several other children and could be like 15 or so at the time. I remember her seeing opposite the dusty streets and the wooden stores , her future husband loading things on his horse carriage. Their eyes met. Without sounding too corny he made an impression on her.

A lot of times before I sunk into this strange state where my feet are walking to a wood house and the past life husband is there and also the child I see the same scene - but from his perspective, his eyes. So I see Laura. What Laura looked like at that moment. She had a few strings of hair in the way of her face, due to the wind, and I can feel his emotions; how her face and her eyes got stuck in his conscious mind. I think it was the first time their eyes had met.

I thought he had crossed over to the other side some time back but then it is as if this is returning despite of this. In life he did not get a great start. He was thrown out after defending his mother, who was beaten by the man, the father of the house. He was in jail as a child and it was because he was homeless. He had marks on his back that would always be there after being whipped. Somehow the Mormons found him and he became a minister in time, but chose to buy land and become a ranch owner primarily. He knew of the father in Laura's family who was a Mormon priest too. He knows he is dead, yet all of this is happening. I hope it is only my fear and not a reality that he is not in the light.

Yes, I should embrace Laura and work on the issues, thing is I don't really know how to work on them. One of the strongest issue from that life is, I think, the possibility that her husband was not the biological father of the child who died. When he had dumped her, or so she thought, that seemed very much like the reality of the time, she became friend with an injured soldier while working as a nurse assistant. Found him too, thanks to his stubbornness for her to get his name just right in one of my meditations, it was an old Irish name and he was particular about the spelling and how to say it, he was a teaser. He looks very much like my husband and my husband is a teaser too. In time she and this soldier fell in love and well...did it, to put it blunt. They had plans to marry and he would already call her Mrs and his own last name. Then the news came of his death after he was sent out again, not being injured enough not to keep fighting. What I found frightening is the scenery I have of him saying something to her husband, the general, as a soldier and then as he goes out to fight the husband shoots him deliberately with hate in his eyes. He kills him. Laura was not even there, and somehow I can see this after one of my communications with the husband. In real life I could find that the general and the soldier were placed together, during the war. This does not of course mean that the husband killed him but it is still a bit of information that totally stopped me when finding it, thinking Oh, My God. This can't be real.

I don't know what Laura/me has done about this - all I know is that it feels like an impossibility to remember if the soldier was the father or her husband. It is blocked. Totally blocked.

As Laura or me, don't know which, I remember in one of my efforts to communicate with this pl-husband-ghost (if it was now not just a nightmare that is), when he "said" "you need to remember". I think Laura had a HUGE fear that her husband would think the son was not his. Also because the son is a ghost beside the husband-ghost I think her, my fear of him then hurting the boy in some way is great for me. So it is like I have done, as Laura, perhaps?, some magical tricks, or what now to call it by, that I just can't open that door. In life the boy knew only of one father, the husband of Laura, and because he has stayed the same age as he was in when he passed away, one feels very protective of him, and I can tell that he swirls around his only known father, that they are tied in together in this entire mess.

Anyway, enough about me going on and on about this...I'm sorry.

Best Wishes

Li La

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  9. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Ken Thanks for that perspective... As I have said I have had OBE"s what I feel during one of these real time memories is very similar instead of being an OBE it would be a OME out of memory experience instead of stepping out of the physical body I would step out of the memory... I know I can return to the physical body ... returning back to the memory may be very different and that is what concerns me... If I cannot return to the memory what then? That is way beyond my comprehension
    P.S Over the years I have had several other memories of the previous incarnation of my pure spiritual self on the Enterprise other than when the physical entity was killed.. Its interesting you mentioned about my first landing on a carrier ....One of the memories I have is being waved off twice maybe three times from landing... I have no clue if it was my first attempt or not

All The Best

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  10. cloud potato

unique experience:

this morning i felt the sensations allowing for the opportunity to have an out of body experience. as the feelings took over my body i heard someone talking. i was open and intent on listening to their conversation. i even think they were making reference to me and i spoke. speaking was very difficult. it required a lot of energy and it felt kind of slow.
    i said "hello!" "i can hear you. can you hear me?" he said yes. i replied again, "i can hear you" - i asked, "who are you?" he didn't reply with an answer. i said, "can you tell me your name?" he told me to shut up. i replied, "only if you tell me who you are" and then, very aggressively he replied in a low almost growl like tone which had this feeling of, reverberation "NO"
    and, surprised I could relay the same tone back to him i replied, "NO" in the same manner.

after this the conversation ceased... i had to attempt to project again. this first projection i could not see the people and i couldn't really leave my body, like all my energy was focused on having a conversation. what was interesting to note was this was the clearest projection of my, "Astral" self I've ever seen. what i mean is, at one point i DID try to leave my body and i only saw my fingertips as literal ghost-like energy. I could feel them, see their outlining and see through them. I even wiggled and flared my fingers about, fascinated by how clear things were. Everything was exact to where I rest my head and the angle of the furniture in the room. Sometimes the ghost like fingertips would turn into whispy shadow on/off again.

So, onto the second projection... my dogs were laying with me and the boy dog was also in the astral space with me, whose body had that same ghostly outlining- you could FEEL him and his presence better then you could see him, but i did see him and he was wagging his tail. this time someone honed in on me and the voice was much different... part distant, part... robotic, someone was explaining to me why i was hearing people talking, how I had gotten there but I can't remember any of it. I had projected and my astral self was sitting up against the wall in my bedroom listening to this person talking. They were giving me so much information and talking at a different speed, I felt like I hadn't the energy to relay back or even retain what they were saying. after this I woke up to find my boy dog sleeping next to me, he wasn't sitting up like he was in the astral, and I fell back asleep and slipped into a lucid dream..

Alright. that's my journal entry this morning, I have to rush off to work and will try to edit later... I didn't want to forget the experience and I chronicle here because typing it all out is faster. TY for the space...

Speedwell, fireflydancing and Li-la like this.
  11. cloud potato

had an opportunity to project this morning. there are similarities each time. when the crossing over occurs sometimes i pick up on people talking. today was different in that i was picking up on rapid chatter in a unfamiliar language. the feeling i got was there were little aliens up to no good wherever i had projected. :D the reality is probably that the fear i felt created a poor experience. even though i was fascinated by this unique language i tried to ward off the projection and ended up slipping into a fearful/vivid dream like i had brought these unwanted entities with me... the initial feeling i got was i was in the company of "grays" that people talk about, but i might be wrong. i don't like going into something feeling so uneasy and think this altered my overall experience.
    as a youth that would slip into sleep paralysis i speculate what i was witnessing than was a type of subconscious plane where my emotions were thrown out before me and usually any aggressive or fearful experience was an aspect of myself and the result of my own making. i say this because i've since gone in more open minded and generally have a more pleasant experience as a result. i can't say this is true all the time since i have experienced lessons and events outside my control. it makes you wonder as to the entities you encounter and why.

Jaimie likes this.
  12. cloud potato

a question on astral projection/manifestation

the other day i noticed a white feather, being in the city, i didn't think much of it. this morning, laying in bed, a tiny white spark caught my eye which transformed into a small translucent(white) feather that gently moved down across me before it disappeared.

is this an astral manifestation? i am grateful for it- maybe this is just a greeting from a friend on some other side? maybe this is a a sign i need to enter stillness... ?

so my question, for those who've experienced some OBE- have you ever witnessed something from the astral world happen while you're walking down the street? or just going about your day?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020 at 8:56 PM
    Jaimie likes this.
  13. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

That's so wonderful with the feather .
    I have now and the noticed glittering little sparkles that last only seconds. When I have asked someone if they have seen that too they say they haven't. But I don't know what it is. At first I thought it could be dust particles and that a certain light would make them temporarily look like that. But then it happened where there was no such natural light, windows, but for instance in the bathroom (where we have no window). I still don't have a clue to if this could be something natural or what you now described as astral manifestation. I have totally missed this astral manifestation thing, did not think it could be possible, so thank you for sharing a little light on the subject :)

/Jaimie

cloud potato likes this.