Astral Projection: the basics.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Eowyn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Next part

As I was not sure if I had chosen the right bench and as I wondered why she hadn't appeared in a more solid way, I came to the conclusion that my friend could be waiting for me in some other place. After she had vanished I decided to look for her again. I didn't know how, so I jumped into the air and started flying and having some fun.

As like in a dream (but I was fully awake and aware) I suddenly noticed a kind of tear in the sky, like a tear in a fabric. Maybe she is on the other side, I thought. Maybe this is a tear between our respective realities.
    I pushed both parts aside, so I could go through it. On the other side, there was a lot of bright light. I entered a 'place' where there was nothing to see anymore. Really nothing, except yellowish light everywhere. Then, slowly building itself, there was a window, long and narrow and instead of normal glass, it had something like stained glass. You couldn't look through. In front of this old window, I saw a human figure, constantly morphing into different persons. Everybody was from the past, according to their clothes. Male to female, different ages... I hardly had time to make mental pictures, for them to be printed into my memory. I also wondered if I had entered my friend's memory because I felt no personal or emotional connection to all those morphing figures.
    There was one person I remember well. It was a young man, almost still in puberty, who (all happened in front of this window) was figuring out how to fit in a metal harness. It was too complicated for him alone and I could feel his rebellious unwillingness to do all that stuff.

Then, without warning, I was thrown through time and found myself in ancient Egypt. I saw the construction of one of those pyramids. In the background, there was already one pyramid finished but I found myself near a dusty road full of construction workers. One row went up (with baskets and stuff), another row of workers went down. It was dusty and crowded. It was not a flash or vision, I was there, could move around. But I was so surprised, I didn't know what to do.

Next, I was in Africa. I saw specific houses and rooftops that are not stereotypical African huts. The houses were not round, not square, more of an organic kind of building and the roofs followed the curves. The roofs were as big as the houses or even bigger, made of straw. The walls were white, didn't see doors. There were no bicycles or cars. Some people walked around quietly. Quite interesting.

Next, I was near water, like an ocean. Along the shore, there was a line of men watching the horizon. Like fishermen. They were hardly dressed. First I thought this was Africa too because these people were also dark skinned but later on I highly doubted that. In this part, I was like walking along these men and I wondered that they were so amazingly different between each other. It was like they didn't belong to the same tribe or if they did, they must have lived in a cultural melting pot. I studied their faces, their different types of hairstyles, different body types. I was not in a rush, they didn't seem to notice me and I could move around and walk back and forth. Maybe it was Polynesia or at least an island somewhere in that area. They were very calm and silent.

I was really thinking that I had entered my friend's memories or maybe it was possible our shared memories. I was only wondering and observing as closely as possible but I had never a feeling of recognition like a past life memory. My mind wandered back to the Egyptian scenery and immediately I was back at the construction site.

This time I told myself I needed closer looks of details and different views. I somewhat hoovered away from this road (it was a stable elevated road leading upwards to the pyramids first and second floor. It was just people carrying baskets. I didn't see them moving blocks of stone. Only men with clothes around their waist and on their heads. Didn't see women.) I hoovered a bit to the left and I noticed a kind of settlement. At least, I thought it was. I presumed much of these men slept there, maybe there was also family life there. I can't remember more, so I must have stopped my experience there.

When I told my friend, I asked what she thought about my theory that I might had entered some of her memories of past lives. She had no idea. She couldn't agree nor disagree.

cloud potato and Speedwell like this.
  2. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

@fireflydancing . That was really interesting! Why do you think mental projection would take more energy than astral travel? I have my own hypothesis, but I'd love to hear yours.

3. fireflydancing

Hi Eowyn,

It's not easy to compare them. First of all, I don't have much experience with astral projection in full consciousness. When it happened spontaneously, it didn't cost any energy. All the times I tried to achieve this state without achieving leaving the body, were often very tiresome, getting stuck in the vibrational stage for ages took a lot of energy, for example.

The mental wandering is a meditative state but not really a classical meditation. In the beginning, I took quite some time to prepare myself and the experience itself could take several hours on a row. In the first part, there is a lot of concentration and visualization. I always make a very conscious decision about my appearance and about what kind of body I will use to travel. It takes time and concentration to let that happen. At a certain point, you're 'through' and 'in' and from there the adventures will take their own course. But all the time you are fully awake, so you need concentration energy to stay in your experiences. It is possible to walk around physically (your normal body) because it is not necessary to stay with closed eyes all the time. While your body takes a break, your mind is still out there wandering.

In short: you get tired because of the amount of concentration it takes to stay in.

cloud potato and Eowyn like this.
  4. fireflydancing

I don't think you can find validation for inner experiences in the outside world.
    I also don't know how it works for other people. That one time I was consciously astral traveling (having left the body and hyperconscious about it) I just directed my attention to a spot and I went there. It was not walking, just moving my attention.
    When I use the method of mental wandering, I often force myself to walk, to touch the ground, step by step as a kind of grounding and solidification. I also try to touch solid objects for the same reason.

I don't think there is a reason why someone has to rush forward because you can easily skip the moving from A to B. Actually, in my experience, it's more difficult to slowly move forward. When your attention focusses on a point, you're there immediately.

cloud potato, Jaimie and Speedwell like this.
  5. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

this idea of soul group or soul mate has me thinking, considering the different forms one may take(as in your experience FF or the idea of reincarnation)- the familial bond of love is not solely recognizable by face or simply physical form- so the many forms we are attracted to might resemble a love that is our lineage, our souls belonging. (???)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    fireflydancing likes this.
  6. cloud potato

it seems it's easier for me to do things laying on my back. i am learning my best opportunity to project is after waking up form a good nights rest(sometime earlier in the AM) have a small stretch and then go back to sleep. the body and mind are willing to slip into the sleeping state easily but, if you keep your mind even somewhat alert you may find that silver lining for crossing over or pushing out. you have to let your mind think its going to sleep with the body but you have to keep some aspect of yourself awake(to be an observer). you can't be completely awake. you can't be so tired you slip into a dream or deep sleep. it happened this morning. i heard the usual noises honing in and simultaneously tried projecting out. i wasn't successful. i believe i only got half-way out of my body and did not have the strength or energy to go further. this consequently caused me to slip into a dream. why do i get so tired? maybe it's as you've posted firefly. because of the amount of concentration. that makes sense to me...
    my projections don't come as easily at times, i've even found myself stumbling around like a drunk after projecting once. that doesn't happen so much anymore. maybe i am applying to much force?
    for the longest i found it difficult to willingly project laying on my back due to the feeling of vulnerability. with a hopeful attitude, you can replace that hesitation with a willingness to explore the unknown- that optimism may allow for a clearer experience. i can tell you i have always been protected in my most vulnerable moments.
    so... i will try to experiment again and post of any out of bodies...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Eowyn and Jaimie like this.
  7. cloud potato

i believe this mornings occurrence was a dream instead of a successful projection. one, because i did not have the experience of honing in and pushing out and two because i woke up in a different room from the one i was sleeping in. i did experience some lucidity, that is, mentally telling myself i don't have to walk in this reality. once i made that connection, with a small effort, i was levitating. i remembered i could push myself out of the window as i have before and i did. that was an interesting feeling, it seemed i was taking notes in the dream. one thing that was also similar(happens when i am outside my house during an OBE), every time i look up to the stars and try to go towards them i am pushed back down. in this dream i tried rising to the stars only to be pushed down and into another dream.
    maybe because i am unfamiliar with this territory in waking... but, i've had a dream of being in space before and i've had unknown words or ideas revealed in the dream experience... so why this entrapment... and only when i believe i am somewhat conscious of astral projecting.

Eowyn and Jaimie like this.
  8. cloud potato

hey eowyn are you there? i was hoping to experience more in-between states and share my O.B.E's. unfortunately the opportunity isn't as often. something that has changed in my diet is that i drink coffee now on a daily basis. i wonder, do you think this might be creating a hindrance?

9. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Cloud, The short answer is no! Drinking coffee won't hinder anything. Remember that every night when you sleep we all leave the body and spend some time on the astral plane. Mostly on the lower or middle astral worlds. We just don't remember it. The reason we don't is because the vast majority of us do not have a developed etheric web link within the etheric body which helps with conscious memory and connection between the physical and astral brain. Most people have a period of blank nothing as they drift off to sleep and then consciousness shifts into the astral body where we have our dream experiences. Even then the subconscious tends to filter out what is really going on while out because it is tied to the lower ego while incarnated.

I should know because the only time I have ever had a conscious OBE is first having a lucid dream which is my trigger which then the experiences goes from dreaming to conscious OBE. It's all a matter of conscious awareness and control of your enviourment. I believe that mankind at this stage of evolution is not yet ready to handle conscious OBE's on a every day basis. We are still too focused on the physical world and all its trappings which is why many that live in western cultures don't realized that their dead at first when death does takes place simply because they are resonating now on the lower astral plane which looks and feels just like life here except for some minor changes which the person at first is not aware of.

As everything in the physicals world has it's astral counterpart in lower astral matter. This is what is so above so below means. As one moves further and further away from the lower astral away from the physical and into the middle and higher astral world the environments there become less physical in nature and more of a reflection both mentality and emotionally of the souls that are living on those sub planes.

Hope this helps some. When you do start having those in between states due let us know sounds interesting.

Love and peace .

P.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Eowyn likes this.
  10. Eowyn

I think Polaris8 is quite right with his answer. I wonder though if caffeine could make you more nervous and then it would be harder to relax enough so that you can transfer your consciousness to your astral body when you separate. I mean, we always leave our bodies when we're asleep, but the point is to be conscious at that moment and as lucid as possible while you're out. I can't think how caffeine would interfere with the process, but who knows, as we ignore almost all about the physiology of OBEs. Maybe I'd look at other aspects of your life too, if you're too worried about something, or too tired because you're hectic now... all that would also affect the ability.

Polaris8 likes this.
  11. Polaris8

Eowyn, Good insight on this. Yes Caffeine itself won't hinder OBE however not being able to be relaxed and calm can! as one's awareness needs to be focused inward away from the physical body. I have tried for years to consciously do this and at one time I think a almost did but it never happened because I became annoyed by the buzzing sound from within the center of my head and all over my body that I gave up. Now if I could just let that go and allow it to happen I have been told it would go away and I could then shift consciousness into the astral body. The buzzing sound is the vibrational change of consciousness shifting from the physical to the astral body. This process we do every night when sleeping however we are not aware of it at all in general.

Also there are times when we come back into the body and the astral is not quite completely done snapping into place and we awake up in the physical but can't move. This is called sleep paralysis and it can be very frightening but its not harmful. Another issues is sleep walking. This is where the astral body won't separate at all from the physical like it should so it simply drags the physicals body with it acting out all sorts of things while consciousness is awake and aware on the astral plane. My mom told me I use to do this when I was 6 or 7 as I was afraid of the dark. So I would sleep walk and turn on all the lights in the house and go back to bed. I have no memory of doing this. I never learned how to do OBE's until I had a NDE many years ago as an adult. Since then I can have them on occasion. I think the NDE has something to do with this. In any case I'm glad I can because I now know that as soul we all survive physical death. It is nothing more then a transitions of consciousness from the physical to the other higher dimensions. Soul simply just drops the physicals body as the sliver cords snaps and shifts inwardly into the astral body that it has been using all along. From there the person simply continue to live but in their astral body now.

Anyway very good insight on that one.

Love and peace.

P.

Eowyn likes this.
  12. cloud potato

thank you for your thoughts, both of you.

13. Eowyn

Perfectly explained.

I always give the same explanation about sleep paralysis, as we astral travellers don't have any doubt about this, but how hard it is to make people understand!

This is very interesting as I once was asked about the possible relation between OBEs and sleepwalking and I wasn't sure what to say. Do you have some theory about why this would happen? Would you call it pathological or just some event similar to sleep paralysis, nothing to worry about?

I remember this happened to my youngest brother (maybe 4-5 at that time), one night we all fours siblings were spending the night in a hotel, and he sat up on the edge of the bed and just stared at the blank television, while my eldest brother asked him "But what are you doing, don't you see it's off?" and he would only get grunts in reply. Finally he got back to bed, and he didn't remember anything the following day, either. It seems this phenomenon is more frequent in children, maybe we have a clue there.

14. Polaris8

Eowyn,

I don't really know why this sometimes happens because in general it is natural for the astral body to separate from the physical during sleep and travel on it's own plane or dimension. We all do this nightly 3 or 4 times a night. However the physical consciousness is not aware of this process. However it is a good thing that nature put's into place safety guards so that the physical is not harmed during the process which is why we become paralysis during sleep. However just like anything else things can and do go awry. I believe most people don't believe this is because they are not aware that while we are incarnated we all have inner subtle bodies which operate and correspond to the higher dimensions of our universe.

Most people are only aware of the physical and identify with it as the only source of the person. And once the physical body dies the person no longer exists. And that we have a soul along with the body. However the reverse is true. We are soul first and we had a body second which is only temporary. And along with this body we also have two other inner subtle bodies that are intertwined within the physical which operate on the astral and mental planes. They too are also temporary which most do not realize. Once the physical body dies soul shifts consciousness inward into the astral body and drops the physical. The person now lives and has full consciousness on the astral plane for a period of time. When that persons astral life is over the same process happens again and souls shifts inward into the mental body and drops the astral. Then the person has full consciousness on the mental plane for a period of time which could last a very long time. Perhaps hundreds to thousands of years. However when the lower ego has lived out it's full potential on the mental plane the mental body is dropped. Then the soul returns to full consciousness on the soul plane which is where it originally started from. Here is it above time, space, matter and duality. It is from here where we all decided to incarnate. In which cases the process starts all over again in obtaining a new mental, astral and physical body which will have no memory of it's past lives. It is only within the soul body or causal body where these records are kept during our soul journeys in the lower worlds of duality.

Hope this helps some. So in a way the vast majority of humanity is sleeping walking thru lifetime after lifetime not knowing who they truly are as soul.
    So for you to become aware of this while in the physical is a very big deal in terms of your souls evolution. As you are starting to unravel the cosmic puzzle of existences.

Love and peace.

P.

15. cloud potato

thanks for the space guys... for your consideration and your help.

sincerest wishes for you all <3