Astral Projection: the basics.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Eowyn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Next part

As I was not sure if I had chosen the right bench and as I wondered why she hadn't appeared in a more solid way, I came to the conclusion that my friend could be waiting for me in some other place. After she had vanished I decided to look for her again. I didn't know how, so I jumped into the air and started flying and having some fun.

As like in a dream (but I was fully awake and aware) I suddenly noticed a kind of tear in the sky, like a tear in a fabric. Maybe she is on the other side, I thought. Maybe this is a tear between our respective realities.
    I pushed both parts aside, so I could go through it. On the other side, there was a lot of bright light. I entered a 'place' where there was nothing to see anymore. Really nothing, except yellowish light everywhere. Then, slowly building itself, there was a window, long and narrow and instead of normal glass, it had something like stained glass. You couldn't look through. In front of this old window, I saw a human figure, constantly morphing into different persons. Everybody was from the past, according to their clothes. Male to female, different ages... I hardly had time to make mental pictures, for them to be printed into my memory. I also wondered if I had entered my friend's memory because I felt no personal or emotional connection to all those morphing figures.
    There was one person I remember well. It was a young man, almost still in puberty, who (all happened in front of this window) was figuring out how to fit in a metal harness. It was too complicated for him alone and I could feel his rebellious unwillingness to do all that stuff.

Then, without warning, I was thrown through time and found myself in ancient Egypt. I saw the construction of one of those pyramids. In the background, there was already one pyramid finished but I found myself near a dusty road full of construction workers. One row went up (with baskets and stuff), another row of workers went down. It was dusty and crowded. It was not a flash or vision, I was there, could move around. But I was so surprised, I didn't know what to do.

Next, I was in Africa. I saw specific houses and rooftops that are not stereotypical African huts. The houses were not round, not square, more of an organic kind of building and the roofs followed the curves. The roofs were as big as the houses or even bigger, made of straw. The walls were white, didn't see doors. There were no bicycles or cars. Some people walked around quietly. Quite interesting.

Next, I was near water, like an ocean. Along the shore, there was a line of men watching the horizon. Like fishermen. They were hardly dressed. First I thought this was Africa too because these people were also dark skinned but later on I highly doubted that. In this part, I was like walking along these men and I wondered that they were so amazingly different between each other. It was like they didn't belong to the same tribe or if they did, they must have lived in a cultural melting pot. I studied their faces, their different types of hairstyles, different body types. I was not in a rush, they didn't seem to notice me and I could move around and walk back and forth. Maybe it was Polynesia or at least an island somewhere in that area. They were very calm and silent.

I was really thinking that I had entered my friend's memories or maybe it was possible our shared memories. I was only wondering and observing as closely as possible but I had never a feeling of recognition like a past life memory. My mind wandered back to the Egyptian scenery and immediately I was back at the construction site.

This time I told myself I needed closer looks of details and different views. I somewhat hoovered away from this road (it was a stable elevated road leading upwards to the pyramids first and second floor. It was just people carrying baskets. I didn't see them moving blocks of stone. Only men with clothes around their waist and on their heads. Didn't see women.) I hoovered a bit to the left and I noticed a kind of settlement. At least, I thought it was. I presumed much of these men slept there, maybe there was also family life there. I can't remember more, so I must have stopped my experience there.

When I told my friend, I asked what she thought about my theory that I might had entered some of her memories of past lives. She had no idea. She couldn't agree nor disagree.

cloud potato and Speedwell like this.
  2. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

@fireflydancing . That was really interesting! Why do you think mental projection would take more energy than astral travel? I have my own hypothesis, but I'd love to hear yours.

3. fireflydancing

Hi Eowyn,

It's not easy to compare them. First of all, I don't have much experience with astral projection in full consciousness. When it happened spontaneously, it didn't cost any energy. All the times I tried to achieve this state without achieving leaving the body, were often very tiresome, getting stuck in the vibrational stage for ages took a lot of energy, for example.

The mental wandering is a meditative state but not really a classical meditation. In the beginning, I took quite some time to prepare myself and the experience itself could take several hours on a row. In the first part, there is a lot of concentration and visualization. I always make a very conscious decision about my appearance and about what kind of body I will use to travel. It takes time and concentration to let that happen. At a certain point, you're 'through' and 'in' and from there the adventures will take their own course. But all the time you are fully awake, so you need concentration energy to stay in your experiences. It is possible to walk around physically (your normal body) because it is not necessary to stay with closed eyes all the time. While your body takes a break, your mind is still out there wandering.

In short: you get tired because of the amount of concentration it takes to stay in.

Eowyn likes this.
  4. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Please, I am so curious, could it feel like you are rushing forward when doing this astral projection or how does one move, is one moving faster than the usual walk tempo ? I ask because I wish to understand if a vision/experience of mine could have been true (different thread).

/Jaimie

5. fireflydancing

I don't think you can find validation for inner experiences in the outside world.
    I also don't know how it works for other people. That one time I was consciously astral traveling (having left the body and hyperconscious about it) I just directed my attention to a spot and I went there. It was not walking, just moving my attention.
    When I use the method of mental wandering, I often force myself to walk, to touch the ground, step by step as a kind of grounding and solidification. I also try to touch solid objects for the same reason.

I don't think there is a reason why someone has to rush forward because you can easily skip the moving from A to B. Actually, in my experience, it's more difficult to slowly move forward. When your attention focusses on a point, you're there immediately.

Jaimie and Speedwell like this.
  6. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Thank you so much for explaining, Firefly :)
    /Jaimie

7. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

this idea of soul group or soul mate has me thinking, considering the different forms one may take(as in your experience FF or the idea of reincarnation)- the familial bond of love is not solely recognizable by face or simply physical form- so the many forms we are attracted to might resemble a love that is our lineage, our souls belonging. (???)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 4:44 PM
    fireflydancing likes this.