Astral Projection: the basics.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Eowyn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Paul Carpenter

Paul Carpenter New Member

Lol. Fascinating how even in the afterlife "drugs are bad, mmmkay?"

2. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Paul,

I don't know if this would be any help or not. But my trigger for a OBE is usually while I am having a lucid dream. Years ago I had an NDE which is how I discovered I had past lives as before the event I never believed in reincarnation as I was raised Baptist. After the NDE I have had on again off again OBE. I suspect the NDE had something to do with this. Anyway I learned that I could have the experience of a conscious OBE while having a lucid dream. Once I realized I was dreaming I would then tell myself to awake up. Afterward the experience would turn into a conscious OBE.

A few years after the NDE I discovered a path called Eckankar. It teaches the ancient art of soul travel which is far different then astral travel or projection. In astral projection one is only limited to the physical and astral plane only as one is splitting off and projecting the astral body. However in soul travel the experience is very different. In soul travel one learns to shift one's consciousness into the soul body/causal body and then shift the consciousness to what ever dimension one wish's to be in. There by picking up what ever inner subtle body ones need to operate on in that dimension. This is by far a more natural method for one to explore the inner higher worlds or dimensions of our universe.

Because as soul we all have a physical, astral, and mental in each incarnation. The only differences is that in each lifetime we receive a new physical, astral and mental body which has no memory of these PL. It is only in the causal or soul body which has memory of all of them because it is within the soul body that is the real eternal you, soul. Of course this is not learned over night. For many it takes years to master and or learn. But if nothing else one learns that death is an illusion of the mind and is simply a shifting of consciousness from this reality to the next.

Sorry for my babbling on.....

I hope you find a method that works for you.....

Peace and love.

P.

3. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

hey paul, these are really cool experiences.yesterday morning i had the chance to go out of body. the fact that you can create the state more readily which allows for your experience is awesome. i was told by a practitioner to actually quit coffee and to try and wake up between 2-4AM and then go back to sleep. i think he said it had something to do with increased levels of melatonin- as for actually creating the state, i am only sometimes successful and have yet to take his advice. it's as you've said, a level of awareness- the body shuts down into rest mode while the mind remains alert. the man said he likes to drink wine and thats helped him too but that he doesn't necessarily advise it. i'm saying this because i think about the body processing the sugar form the alcohol, causing one sensitive enough to wake up in the middle of the night- when you try to force your body back to sleep perhaps your mind is still alert and in a bit of discomfort from the processing of the toxins in your body. anyways. i did drink two nights ago and woke up at 2AM. i couldn't fall back asleep until around 6AM which is when the experience occurred.

unfortunately i lacked the mental strength to take the experience where i've wanted. but what i can say is that concentration, control of the will allows a sense of freedom in this realm. first it started with an older woman in a white robe and she had very intense blue-green eyes. i can't remember what we were talking about, only that we were discussing whose turn it was to do something and i specifically remember her saying it was her turn because she'd die before me. when i woke up i had a feeling this woman was someone from this planet. after that i got another attempt to project. here's why i mention concentration... when i was a child to move about in this realm i would start with lucid dreaming and start swimming through the air as my version of flying. when i started to do this swimming motion just recently i reminded myself i didn't have to do that. instantly i started levitating at a high speed up to the sky- everything below me looked like squares from a satellites view. the feeling was different- this is where i started losing concentration, strength and fell back into a dream.

is this book of yours the first OBE to touch you as you've described? i think it might have been a sort of initiation. i've had similar. 3 dreams that have lead me down this path. in it one man advised that we could go anywhere, travel to any place if one just concentrated enough. he had me turn objects into different ones. for whatever reason i didn't think of it as a matter of control then and i had an almost unregulated access to use whatever force allowed me the experience. i say that because by the end of these "dreams" a giant hand of sorts would pull me out of my experience and slam me down. almost like, 'easy kid.' or 'you shouldn't be here' like i had gone to far. well... i am mentioning this because your witnessing through the eyes of others was something else i can attest to. in these initiation dreams and later in life i'd learn how to view through the eyes of others- a sharing of consciousness. i'd traveled from one eyes to another witnessing different lives. i've woken up in my cousins room once and remember the snacks on the table and a woman coming to talk to him. thats what i think you were doing with the baby hand/touch you felt.

interestingly enough, though i don't control it, i can relate to some of your experiences. they are unique and i hope you share more. seems you have a methodology that allows a higher success rate. my only advice is to develop the will power/concentration. take time to practice meditation. when you experience this state to remind yourself as you would in a lucid dream that you have the ability to levitate, go through walls, to communicate with other beings. many times i've stumbled around this realm in wonder like a drunkard, even called an idiot by whatever force was watching me learn this new territory. lol. it's so cool and i am happy we can relate. ps your sitar/hindu experience also reminds me of my sufi teacher. my other advice is to seek god above all else and not become so absorbed by these realities. i am not saying that to belittle anything. just that, i've been sidetracked by seeing aura's and going down this territory which was meant to keep me open to possibilities, maybe even provide comfort to me with my fear of death... but it's important to use these experiences to discover and pursue your ideal. a way to come in touch with your intuition which is a way to know god.

best of luck!! welcome to the forums! =)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  4. Polaris8

Cloud, What a wonderful experience and that you remembered it. We all are very active at night on the higher dimension while the body sleeps. You are correct in that in order to remember these experiences the body need to be relax and in sleep mode while the mind is awake. This allows for a shift in consciousness inward into one of the subtle bodies (usually the astral) so that we can explore, work off karma, continue with relationships of loved ones that have left the physical, learn and grow in the higher dimensions while still incarnated. This process is a natural function of the soul as we need time away from the heavy dense physical body while it rests and rejuvenates. However in general we are not aware of the process most of the time. The moody blues were aware of this as they were very ahead of their time. And listening to them reminds me as a young man searching for the meaning of life and existences itself shortly after I had my NDE those many years ago. Just always remember that all these experiences are leading us back to the source of all that is in the cosmos or what man terms as god. As all life in the cosmos comes from divine love. Pleasant travels to you and Paul both....

Love and peace always

P.

5. Paul Carpenter

Thank you for the response! No my first experience was the rather unpleasant one with the icy baby hands clawing my feet. ....actually... Wait no! My first experience (where I knew I was leaving my body) was a bit before that. I was stuck in paralysis mode, and there was some type of "entity" I could feel was trying to "get in" me...i was fighting very hard to keep it out. It appeared as a black circle or orb wafting around my room over my bed. But I realized once I stopped fighting to get out of paralysis I could lift my arms. At first I had my eyes closed. I could feel my arm lifting up off the bed. But when I opened my eyes it was plain to see I was still lying flat face up. Closing my eyes once more (still really FEELING my arm raised off the bed) I saw my arm...but not skin tones, it was like a kaleidoscope of rainbow colors. I raised both arms and put up my dukes like im ready to fight. Seeming to kind of phase through the wall came this black orb and I nailed it like two solid good punches (left jab, right hook). It floated around another minute or two like an angry hornet, but seemed to realize it found a way to defend myself, and it kind of swirled through the wall and left...i should also mention that these hypnogogic episodes seem to ALWAYS happen at my bf's house. I can't think of a time that I've slept there that there wasn't some sort of incident...to a point where we made it a rule that we don't sleep together...which kinda sucks but what can you do? One time I was having an episode in his bed, I was being attacked by something and when I finally snapped out of it I slapped him because I was I fight mode and thought he was my assailant.

Speedwell likes this.
  6. Paul Carpenter

p.s. also now whenever I try to do the rainbow arm boxer routine, my hands are bogged down and slow...like in a dream where your trying to hit something and it lands but it just doesn't do anything...like trying to punch underwater

7. Polaris8

Paul my friend,

Another way to avoid having to deal with souls on the lower astral is to raise your vibration so that you completely fade out of the sub plane they are on and instead travel to a new one which has a more higher vibration . This is how you travel to different levels within the astral dimensions because remember the power of both thought and feeling are now how you create your reality there. If you are having trouble with this ask for help either with your spiritual guide, teacher or even astral helpers or angles. And yes there are angles that do help souls that don't belong on these lower levels of the astral world. If you are truly sincere with your request for help and protection they will respond. There are a vast majority of them on the lower levels helping souls that have had problems crossing over properly due to fear, attachment, sudden sock of being killed and a host of other reasons.

I once had the privilege's of watching this once while consciously out of the body. I was with a group of souls who where learning to become astral helpers. We were for lack of a better word in a place of utter darkness. The emotional atmosphere there was devoid of all love, light, and kindness of any kind. I remember it being very cold and I felt empty being there so I was glad to be with my group. We heard a voice out in the distance which sounded like a women in distress sobbing endlessly. As we drew closer to the women we all could senses lower astral beings that were surrounding her not of a human origin. The best word I could describe these beings where lower level demons feeding off her low emotional state. In life she was a prostitute. She apparently died somehow due to a drug deal gone wrong. I'm not sure if she was shot or if she committed suicide. Anyway she was crying out for help as she knew she was dead but did not know where she was as was terrified. Her astral form had a grayish tone to it as it did not look healthy at all. Someone in the group noticed a orb of light from above. As it descended downward towards the young women the light took the form of an angel. The light from this being was so bright that when it approach the women all the darkness that surround us went away and the demons that where there fled from the scene. This majestic being must have been at least 7 feet tall. It took the young women into their arms like you would a young child and lifted her upwards and out of the darkness. As this being left the darkness returned. So the group I was with left the scene and we all shifted our vibration to another sub dimension which was more like the earth world. I was so moved by that experiences that I have never forgotten it. I remember writing it in my dream journey when I returned to the body. So yes these things do happen in the other dimensions. As there are countless dimensions of reality in our universe. We only need to become aware of them.

Happy travels to you....

Always....

P.