Autism and Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Sojourner2015, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

I have autism too, and I've had several dreams about concentration camps. I believe I was a holocaust victim.

I think it's possible that everyone with autism could have been holocaust victims (or survivors) because the symptoms match things that took place at concentration camps and in WW2 in general.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You know the stereo type of Germans is "blond and blue eyed".

3. larali

larali Registered

Hasn't Asperger's disorder been dropped from the DSM? I mean, obviously the actual disorder still exists, but psychiatrists won't be diagnosing it any more. Unless I am wrong?

I think it is because so many people had been mistakenly self-diagnosing. I was one of them. Shortly after I graduated college, I became convinced I had Aspergers. I consulted no fewer than three psychiatrists/ therapists about the possibility. They all said that no, I did not have it. But I went through the list of symptoms and it just sounded exactly like me! Communication problems, social problems, repetitive behaviors, high IQ ;) I think a lot of people, especially introverts who have difficulty with social situations, can apply some of those characteristics to themselves.

Then I met my husband's cousin who actually DOES have Asperger's, and it is very obvious that he have a form of autism.

Anyway, I don't know how that relates to reincarnation or if it is even on-topic with the thread, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

4. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Displaced, that would be wonderful if you could share some ideas with me regarding this theory. Please feel free to PM me. I'd really like to compare notes.

5. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Gagagirl1234, Thanks for sharing. Could you share some of those concentration dreams?

6. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Yes, here is my very first thread about the most vivid dream I've had: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/pl-memories-or-just-nightmares.5933/

I've also had visions during past life regressions. I once had a vision where I was the same man working outside the camp and I barely wore any clothes. I think I worked in a quarry or something like that. Then one of the Nazis came from behind and beat me.

I also saw yellow papered walls and my father told me that those kind of walls were common in France in the 30's and I've never seen such walls before -- at least not in my current life.

7. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Gagagirl, Thank you so much for the posts! I read your linked post and it is fascinating. I'm curious to know if your autism includes lack of eye contact? I have found with my son that he will make eye contact with me if I kneel and talk to him or lay down at bedtime and talk with him. This, IMO, has to do with fear of authority (in the Holocaust victim experience) and fear of emotions (brutality of Holocaust victim experience). The fear of emotions may explain why ASD children respond so well to robots, as robots would not be able to convey authentic human feelings. He also still suffers severely from separation anxiety, which is typical of very young children; however, to this day, if I try to leave him, he gets very scared and clings to me. He's ok if he's at Grandma's house, but anyplace else, I literally have to sneak away without him seeing me or I would never get to have my own activities, etc.

8. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Yes, my autism includes all these things (lack of eye contact, lack of emotional expression, lack of understanding others and lack of socializing, lack of body language etc...).

But I've learnt to live with it. It's really hard for me to make friends but I try to socialize as much as I can even if people won't talk to me.

9. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Previous post in this thread.

Post #15 in this discussion thread may be of interest!

10. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Gagagirl, you know, I just thought of something when you mentioned in your other post (the linked one) that you detested children, but now not so much. My son gets very upset and agitated if he hears a child scream or cry while we are out in public or he sees it on TV, he will start to cry himself (which is very unusual for him). I wonder if your detestation was linked to the daughter screaming about the spotlight and that alerted the authorities to your location. Hence, a detestation would make sense because you may have been in hiding at the time.

11. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

That is very possible. I've never thought about that before but it could indeed be a possibility.

Anyway, there's a guy at my college who just uses every girl but me.. I'm the only girl he avoids entirely. I've never been in a relationship before and when guys are interested they always choose someone else they are interested in also.. I wonder if I could have been a heartbreaker in a past life? And I could have broken his heart. Maybe the roles are reversed in this life.

You could try asking your son if he remembers anything. Most children forget their past life memories when they are about 7 years old.

12. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Larali, I wanted to respond to your post about what I have researched about the Holocaust and ASD which may answer your post.

Yes, the DSM-V, which gives the professional guidelines/criteria for diagnosing disorders was recently amended and hence, ASD criteria (including Asperger's) was changed as well.

Many people go undiagnosed when it comes to ASD and, yet, have been found to be somewhat functional in society.

In my research, I learned that the brutal hierarchy of oppressing ethnic populations began many years before the actual creation of concentration camps. If you watch the movie Jakob's Ladder, these people suffered way before ever being sent to a concentration camp. From my understanding, Hitler began his "ethnic cleansing" campaign of Germanic society in the mid 1920's, long before his Nazi regime/campaign.

That said, it was initially estimated that there were approximately 11 million Holocaust victims (I don't know how many survivors off-hand) after the war. However, that number was based on the documents that the Nazis handed over. An extensive perusal of ALL documents made available and also recovered/released/discovered later on revealed that the actual, realistic estimation of Holocaust victims is approximately 23 million. This number does not include survivors or those individuals who died prior to shipment to concentration camps.

Hence, there are many people, IMO, who may be experiencing residual symptoms of this detrimental experience in our world history. And we, as a world, will have to take care of those we hurt in previous lives.

I have come to the conclusion that the "ONENESS" that many religions and philosophies speak of can only be experienced by taking care of our past mistakes through each future incarnation until we, as individuals, "turn the other cheek". Jesus wasn't saying that, IMO, so that we could be a role model for other Christians. I believe he said that so that we could set ourselves up for a more loving re-incarnated life the next time around. My research into this theory has really shown me that individual choice is so much more powerful than group movements, which says a lot when you consider the psychological concept of "group mob mentality"! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  13. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Registered

This is a very interesting idea! Do you believe all Autistic children are Holocaust victims,or just some? To me it makes sense.Given all they went through I can see that they would not come back to a simple life.It's not necessarily bad..it's just more challenging than the average life. When I was growing up my friend's brother was Autistic.One of the traits I noticed in him was a huge apatite.It was unbelievable sometimes how much he could eat.Although he was never overweight..he just seemed to have an instinct to take as much food as possible.I wonder if that could have come from his past a concentration camp victim?

14. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

I have a nephew (almost 18) and a grandson (3) who are autistic. My grandson has many of the traits you listed, Sojourner. His mother has memories of the concentration camps. :'( When I was pregnant all I wanted was a blonde hair, blue eyed girl. I got two of them.

I am going to discuss this thread with the moms of both kids. I will get back to you.

Oh, yes ... please please please vaccinate your children.

15. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

Hi Andrea Francis, No, I don't believe all autistic children are Holocaust victims, but I do believe their symptoms and patterns show a traumatic past life which must have involved some type of brutality and isolation. Human history has many events, like the Holocaust, that could produce such symptoms. I do, however, believe that the Holocaust has produced most of the Autistic population today.

I also believe that these souls (autistic children) are among our strongest because who in the world would choose to experience the Holocaust and then choose to come back with the residuals of that horrific human experience!?!?

If you think about it, the three largest areas of deficit for autistic children are socialization deficits, communication deficits and health deficits that contribute to a "self-made" isolation. The isolation that so distinctly marks the agenda of the Holocaust must be resolved through autism. Autism forces those of us affected by these brave souls to reach in, which is the very opposite of what the Holocaust attempted to do--"push away" the victims. Hence, in order to bring these souls back, we must undo what was done--to pull in the pushed away.

The scientific field continues to offer a plethora of theories over the last forty years of this confounding disorder. I just feel that, as some point, science is going to have to accept the possibility of a non-scientific theory, such as a spiritual approach.

Also, to answer your question about your friend's brother and his appetite: yes, it would make sense that food was so scarce in the concentration camps, that it would be treated with such a rapacious appetite in the next life. Interestingly enough, if you look at the general population of autistic children, most are very thin and gaunt-looking. You don't see too many overweight autistic children, which could also be related to the gastro-intestinal issues that many of them have.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  16. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Sojourner2015, perhaps you will find this interesting: https://www.geneti****eracyproject.org/2015/10/13/autism-increase-mystery-solved-no-its-not-vaccines-gmos-glyphosate-or-organic-foods/

This article is about scientists who have discovered that autism may be genetic.

17. argonne1918

Scientists have suspected for some time there is a genetic part in this. They have noticed that in many or most cases the father is above a certain age. They think it may have something to do with defective (too old) sperm.

18. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Interesting. My father is 20 years older than my mother and I have autism.

19. argonne1918

The "Silicon Valley" (San Jose) area of California is one of the "hotspots" for autism. Some scientists have noticed a correlation between the types of people attracted to the computer tech industry and the types of people most likely to have autistic offspring.

20. Sojourner2015

Sojourner2015 Registered

There have actually been many, many scientific theories developed over the years to explain the cause of Autism. Yet, no cures.

If you look at the esoteric explanation of Reincarnation, it is basically to improve ourselves. To learn lessons. To learn balance. To evolve towards Love.

Now, divide this world (for simplicity's sake) into two categories: the Thinkers and the Feelers. Thinkers, ideally, will evolve into feeling more. Feelers, ideally, will evolve into thinking more.

Who best to teach the Thinkers to feel more than a child with a disorder that requires the parent to coax out the feelings, not only within self, but within the child.

Authentic human connections are crucial to any one's evolvement. If you look at the etiology of psychopaths and sociopaths, it is the lack of authentic human connections that develops their unempathetic mindframes.