Average past lives.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Allahandria, May 7, 2001.

1. Cindy

Cindy Guest

Okay, I think my post was taken a bit too literally.

In reference to the Holocaust, let's remember that although there were millions involved as prisoners in concentration camps or in the war as nazis (etc.), there were millions of others all across the world who were not involved in it.

The statistics presented seem to exclude those who did not engage in glorious battles, did not live anywhere near or have any participation in any particularly significant part of history, etc.

Does everyone have a certain amount of drama in life? Yes, but not everyone was a war hero or some intriguing, major figure in history. My friend also brought up a good point - where are the Chinese past lives? China has an outrageous population.

Where are the past lives in African tribes, in Scandinavia during peaceful times, etc? Why was everyone part of the Civil War, the Holocaust, the French Revolution, etc.? Why did no one live in the obscure, not-so-significant countries/areas in history?

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying some of the replies I've gotten.

2. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Hello Cindy,

I'm only a member for 8 months (peanuts ;)) and I also had millions and millions of questions. One of these questions was the famous-past-life-question. I also thought that a lot of people tried to give their ego a boost by "remembering" being rich, notorious or famous. But after reading a lot of other past life memories as well I found out that it isn't like that at all.
    Even those who suffered in the French Revolution or who fought in the Civil War were most of all very common people and common soldiers. It was a relief to know, it normalized reincarnation for me.

Of course there are always people who make things up,
    who want to be interesting, but I think that most members here are very honest about their past life experiences. When they're not sure about a date or a name, they say they're not sure,
    if they don't have any past life memories at all, the same thing.

I'm such a yes-but-maybe person. I have some memories, but I can't prove them, some of my memories feel very real, others look like common dreams, I can only guess the whole picture of my past life.

But it's ok to stay curious, to ask yourself and the members here this sort of questions, that's the way to find out how things work in life.

Curious Girl.

3. shield

shield Registered User

To me it seems an underlying theme of this debate is:" if we admit there may be lives experienced as remembered, famous, glorious or not, that aren´t true in the strict meaning of a past life then all of the underpinnings of this belief/experience will threaten to fall away." But I can´t see that this would be so in any way.

Sure there will be lives that are made up in one or meaning or another of the word in regards to being PL´s(Which doesn´t preclude the possibilty of them being true in some other sense;psychological archetype, parallell life, tuning in to a whole other person or what have you. They may of course also be meaningless conscious or subconcious fabrications in the purpose of ego-boosting... or whatever).

So? :confused: ;). It wouldn´t shake the factof reincarnation [or even the fair possibilty of it being a fact] a bit as far as I can see. No?

4. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

Past life in China

Here is one example of a Chinese past life.

5. shield

shield Registered User

Come to think of it, years ago I was told by someone reasonably psychic that I´d had a life in China where I´d suffered some kind of imprisonment. I had all but forgotten this until now.

Didn´t even think of it last year, many years later, when I had this strong dream of being chained to the wall in some horrible chinese prison. The dream me was definitely me in the first person but at same time distinctly different from my waking state persona.

Past Life? Might be or might not.

6. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi All

I certainly think it is hard to determine what is average and what is not in light of how we often view history through quite different eyes to the ones that originally experienced it firsthand. What may seem “romantic” or historically marked in some way nowadays may not have felt quite the same way back then.

As far as average lives go, from some short snippets I have received in meditation, I believe I spent one life (more recently) as a Tibetan monk (but I guess even that could be viewed as above average depending on opinion and personal perspective). It was at no pinnacle of Tibetan history that I’m aware of and I just spent my time peacefully content in the ways I had given my life over to…not very eventful, but pleasant enough and nice and quiet ;)

I have seen another life where I possibly lived as an Indian man. He was single, alone and of a very low caste. He lived in a hovel of a place and was shunned by most of the other villagers. It was a very lonely life and as you can guess, the guys self esteem was pretty much hitting the floor in this life. I have also viewed a possible life as a Native American woman who was married to an American trapper…not during any major time or war in American history that I can associate with as again I have only everyday memories of my life and my husband, family and child. Another is as a young boy in England whose life become attached in some way to ships (so maybe I travelled across to the Americas for a “better life”, or maybe I simply worked on one???) not sure on that yet. One possible life spent as a nun on the coast of Ireland or Scotland I believe – cleaning floors mostly that I remember (LOL). Two in Egypt (once as a female, once as a male). One in China (which I have only so far viewed as a very young girl and through her eyes, so have nothing really concrete to go on as far as time, etc…but it was an early dynasty and one of my earlier lives I believe). Another in Judea as a man…

I say “possible” in all accounts, because in all these experiences - although I emotionally connected to them and can see some connections within some of them to my present persona, interests, skills, etc – they were only short snippets that I have received flashes of once or twice in meditations, partnered explorations or dreams. The only life I have gained any kind of verification on personally has been my Egyptian life and possibly the Chinese life, as someone else has been able to verify my memories through their own without even being aware of mine beforehand. I still remain open on all of it though.

All things in the arena of reincarnation and connected subjects are based on experiential reality and personal perception in my opinion, you can’t verify anything to another unless they are able to experience it themselves…and even then their personal reflection will be quite different from your own in many ways – that’s what makes us all so unique in our individuality. I think ones belief is always a personal thing (whether it be in a religion, in this area of thought, or any other) which is why people find it so hard to give other people the “material” they often ask for – as always, this is all just my personal opinion also ;)

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I dont remember average lives. The fact is that most of them became more than average doesn't change the fact of how I started out in those lives...average and unkown. Also most of them are only famous in one very small country. If I'm mistaken or deluded why would I not have more grandiose claims?

I wish my current life had been 'average' too but we seem to manifest our own dilemmas. I thought I was stepping up when the time demanded it. I didn't realise that I demanded the time until I remembered reincarnation.

For instance....I remember enjoying the admiration of four young women in my most recent pl. I might have been speaking to thousands at the time but its not the speech that's most significant about that memory...it's not the stuff recorded in history. Its just the memory of a young man having his ego stroked by pretty girls. Something every young straight man would enjoy.

An average memory in an above average life.

GreyReynard and Spirit Sword like this.
  8. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

Here’s an average one from me. I get pretty much everything from my dreams. I think it’s past life related at least. It was a series of short dreams, one after the other, short snippets of a life. Basically, I saw a man and his family progress through time. Sometimes from his eyes sometimes from third person. I don’t remember a lot, but one was me stepping out of the door of a cabin to greet a woman. Another was of me beside a cart/wagon with family around me. None of the scenes stuck out as anything really exciting. No violence nothing earth shattering, just a man and his family going from young to old. As the dream was nearing the end a thought entered my mind. “ That was a good and well lived life.” Then I woke up. It was such a nondescript life. I have no idea what country or time period other than there were carts pulled by animals. Not completely sure it was mine, but I knew a good life when I saw it.

briski, Speedwell and Jim78 like this.
  9. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 Active Member

Many many people claim, at the same time, to be the reincarnation of the same famous people, so many of them are lying or are delusional.
    I think this horde of people claiming to be Caesar, Cleopatra, Napoleon, Nelson, Elizabeth I, etc etc clearly make skeptic people even more skeptical about reincanation.
    I remembered many "regular"past lives. So far, I've never remembered being a slave or a servant , or a king.
    A couple of times I've been a prominent aristocrat, well known at the time, but nowadays forgotten.
    Here the lives I remembered so far through regressive hypnosis:
    -A life as a caveman
    -A life as the chief of a tribe in the Middle East, thousands years ago, way before even Judaism was born.
    -A life as an official in the Pharaoh's palace in Ancient Egypt
    -A life as an Anubi's priest in Ancient Egypt
    -A life as a scholar in Ancient Greece
    -A life as a patrician in ancient Rome during the transition from Republic to Empire
    -A life as a monk in the Middle Ages
    -A life as a noble landowner's wife in the Middle Ages.
    -A life as a merchant in 1300 in what today is called Germany
    -A life as a knight of a fighting order in early 1400 Italy
    -A life as a persecuted jew burned at stake.
    -A life as a prominent aristocrat in Tudor England
    -A life as a wealthy farmer's wife in 1600
    -A life as a sort of notary in Japan
    -A life as a prominent aristocrat in 1700 England.
    AND, in this life, during childhood, I spontaneously had memories of a life as an American soldier held prisoner , and then killed, in a Japanese labor camp during WWII.

10. briski

briski Senior Member

Wow thats impressive that you recall all of these

11. Julius.Suiluj

Julius.Suiluj Caesar

Even though I claim a famous life, I recall several others mostly are common lifetimes.

12. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

What is certain about people these days as it probably has always been when there is dissatisfaction with life and the need for some form of recognition in society people will always make claims on famous lives regardless of their being anything to prove it or not. Lets face it our current society has people backed into little corners where their lives have become meaningless and unfulfilled with horrendous 9 to 5 grinds in workplace bullpens. I honestly want out and spend the rest of my years as a monk or shaman rather than being another pointless disposable worker ant to monopoly corporations and Orwellian governments.

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

You may have a distaste for modern life but the past had its own problems too There and back again.

Personally though I'm delighted to fade into memory and eventually vanish from everyone's memories. When I live a life where I don't do that a lot of nonsense is built up around me. I've had enough of nonsense.

14. briski

briski Senior Member

Ive been researching Gnostic beliefs recently. Its interesting that they believe reincarnation is a trap setup by archons who tap into our energy while we are trapped in our flesh suits. They say we are powerful spirits and we should avoid the light as its a trap.
    Maybe to escape this is to avoid the light?

15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I dunno briski. I've had visitation dreams with my late father and brother and they didn't seem to have fallen into a trap. They seemed happy and at peace. I don't buy that this life is part of a trap. If anything we seem to have trapped ourselves here.

Speedwell and briski like this.
  16. Christopher Rose

Christopher Rose New Member

Allahandria
    I have not been involved with this forum for long but this is the most interesting view I have read so far.
    I constantly question myself for believing that I have been reincarnated and usually come to the logical conclusion that it is just my imagination and even the regression sessions I have been through are just me indulging myself.
    If we have physically lived before what percentage chance is there that we were a person of any significance ?
    Compared to the many millions of people that have inhabited this planet
    Personally I have recollections of five former lives of which three I have more vivid memories and in none of them would I claim any fame or significance.
    In fact the life I connect with the most happiness in is one when I died as a child in Ireland from very humble surroundings.
    In regression the joy I felt from just playing in a field surpasses anything else I have experienced and the regret that this life was so short is the most disappointing

17. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

The percentage chance is low indeed, but the phrasing irks me.
    Living the life of an "average joe" whose name doesn't appear in the media and who isn't involved in any "big" event does not mean that this individual is insignificant.
    "John the Farmer" still will be of utter importance to his wife and children.
    Not everyone is famous or ever was, but I don't think fame equals significance. Without farmers, bakers... even the most famous people would starve.

I remember all different kinds of lives, both male and female, in different countries and both rich and poor. In most if not all, I appear to have been a "nobody" as nobody can be. I still have witnessed a famous event or two and met quite a few famous people, as one of the crowd in most cases.

Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  18. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

In answer to the OPs question, whilst I 100% believe that historical figures must be reborn just like the rest of us, I find the idea of multiple claimants does weaken the case for reincarnation amongst people who are already struggling to believe. It even shakes my own belief to be honest.

I think I've possibly written about this somewhere else on the forum a few years ago, but all the lives I've remembered were people of no historical significance.

In my last life I believe I was a girl who was left waiting for a soldier who never returned from the Great War, she worked in a factory and was 16 when he died. The first part sounds romantic, but she died aged 79/80, having never married, never really having experienced much in life, just getting by without much money and waiting to see him again. I did verify this on the census, so even though she was quite unremarkable, she made a mark in history nonetheless, even if it was just a name and various dates of birth and death!

I also remember being a young nobleman in 16th Century France, he died in a war but quite unremarkably. He was delivering a message and was struck down by enemy soldiers. Again, he'd done nothing with his life, he felt he'd missed out on the balls and the dances. He felt his family were very important at the time, which had a huge impact on his life and behaviour, but they were impoverished and of no historical significance outside of his town.

I've had snippets of a life in Georgian England as a vicar's daughter, I feel she felt herself to be important because her father was notable in the village, but again, not in the wider county, let alone the world!

I've had dreams and memories of being a Scottish woman, perhaps around 1700s. Most of them relate to being in a camp as young woman, as men prepared for battle. I think she made a good marriage, even if it was a slightly cold one, and lived in a fine house. She had three children, the only children I ever recall having!

I also have one memory of a life in India, I felt as though I was a child, perhaps around 8 or 9, perched on a hillside watching a procession of elephants enter into an archway.

KenJ likes this.
  19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Whippoorwill.

Multiple claims weaken my resolve too and I'm an FPL claimant. There seems to be a deluge of FPL claims and it results in many sneers from many people. I battle my own cynicism at times because of them too.

Although some in my soul groups current incarnations will be FPL claims if they remember their current lives in future incarnations so in my experience prominent people will most likely have more than one prominent life.