Avoiding the Acceptance Trap

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thought I would bring this up if new members wish to comment or add to the discussion.

2. wildcard_seven

wildcard_seven New Member

Personally, I wasn't blessed with the ability to clearly see my past lives. Nor was I blessed with any special motivation to mediate or do regression, or cull memories by other means.

The past seems so wishy-washy to me that I tend to believe that it was. A. Because I don't have concrete details to work with. B. Because it seems to be emotionally true, and for all the specific details we might like to find, it's really the emotional/spiritual truth of a life we're trying to discover anyway...maybe I just skipped right through the specifics and cut to the chase.

But, in any case...I've always had a sense of incompetency or naivete about me. I've literally had no sense of direction. I mean, can't find my way from point A to point B. It's not only annoying, but seems to have a certain psychological overtone...a never-ending reminder: you don't know where you are going. My mind has been drifty and not attracted to specifics for as long as I can remember.

With these as my only clues and only the vaguest dreamlike, possible memories, I've come to some simple conclusions, or perhaps better put, things I feel are likelihoods:

1. I was cared for or in a position of little responsibility in one or many lives. Not having to know much, and just happy to be able to get by.

2. To go along with 1, I was probably a woman in several lives. The docile wifey-wife, possibly a trophy wife or prize, here or there. (man this life)

3. I lived one or many lives in places that didn't demand great sharpness of mind or great street/social smarts. I have some reoccurring "possible" memories of being a hillbilly wife up in the mountains or out on the plains. I've imagined I might have been in more complicated environments, but my hand was held during those times (trophy wife, concubine, etc).

....In this life I felt like I've taken on the task of undoing some of the mental haziness and naive thinking I got accustomed to. While my natural strengths have always lay in reading and art and less concrete things, I inexplicably pushed myself to get better at math, mechanical and logical things. I've literally run headfirst into my weaknesses. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish, but for the longest time I've had this nagging feeling that I can be better and brighter than this, and that I've got to stop avoiding challenges and growth.

Given what I've just wrote, you probably wouldn't peg me for a programmer, but that's actually my focus right now. I've somehow managed to actually be near the top of my class and might even find myself doing some serious technical projects soon. I can't stress enough, however, that this is not my gift or a natural tendency of mine, but something I've felt drawn--as if I have signed a contract--to make myself do.

I have no clue what all this means, and despite the hard work it's been I'm trying to temper it with forgiveness--for the work I've taken upon myself, and for not always being satisfied with the talent I was given to do it. I hope I've actually said something here, but I guess my main point is that perhaps the only validation some of us might receive is to accurately paint our mental landscape and see how it matches up with familiar-seeming past life situations that might share that same landscape. While a forum like this is sure to have some aces who have photo-perfect memories of their past lives, others of us probably have to do some very indirect work...seeing through the symbols and clues, much like dream analysis.

3. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

For me, I think of my past life 'research' as a massive jigsaw puzzle. And it seems like I figure out where one piece goes every other month or so. Like you were talking about, the little things, small validations/clues...I learn more when I am ready, and when that happens I have a dream or full on flashback that is spontaneously triggered by something - then maybe I find 3-4 new pieces to the puzzle I didn't know existed before, and so on. I'm not in a hurry, or rushing the process. It happens slowly, but then, if it happened all in one go, I think it would almost be too much to comprehend! Plus I think it is very important that we pause and see how the past relates to our current lives, and how we can improve upon our past ones.

4. Deborah

New members thoughts?

5. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I' m not sure if this thread is just about validations, or about always remaining skeptical, so I suppose I' ll answer both.

In regards to "Avoid the acceptance trap", it's a double edged sword. I always liked to apply to reincarnation this quote by Kierkegaard "There are two ways to be fooled: one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe what is true". If we jump into conclusions without proper validations or reflections, we're guilty of the first, but if we remain skeptical despite having validations, and in a state of semi-denial until "we find more stuff", even despite having memories and validations already, aren't we guilty of the second? Our rational mind tells us that is better to always have some doubt, question everything, and that is a good way to keep you sane and grounded, but at the same time, it's not a full commitment, just a comfortable 90% acceptance with an error margin just in case. However, if we cannot really be 100% sure of anything in this life, how can we be 100% certain of anything in a past life? Maybe we're always being fooled, one way or another. Or maybe the Aristotelian half-way is the solution, to be comfortable with SOME validations, accept, and then move on. But that's easier said than done.

Earlier in the year, I compiled everything I remember about past lives into a single file (instead of things being scattered), in an attempt to "disprove everything". Disproving everything didn't quite work out, and I ended up finding 2 validations after 12 years. In 2007 looks like remembered some islands in Munich. I thought it didn't make sense, after all Munich is a city, it doesn't have islands, and I didn't even look it up. Well, turns up there are actually 2 islands in Munich, Prater island and Museum island. In 2010 apparently I also had a dream where I remembered that in a past life I had gone to a school that was right next to a church, and that the church had the statue of an angel on top. That time I think I did look it up, but I didn't find anything because Google Earth wasn't as developed. I look it up 9 years later, with better technology, and I find the school right next to the church, and the statue (although I think it's some Virgin Mary, but it does look like an angel). I suppose places make the easiest verifications. I actually found quite a few verifications over the years, but I keep being unsatisfied. Are validations important? definitely, some people may not care about them, and accept a past life based on their feelings, which is fine I guess, but without validations is hard to be credible as a community to the eyes of non-reincarnationists, specially to the scientific community.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    KenJ and inhaltslos like this.
  6. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I could not agree more with what you said Owl, I asked to see a non-war lifetime and was granted my wish yet it did not satisfy my 'wanting' and I have a hard time differentiating between "believing" and "knowing" when I write something despite all that I've experienced.

7. Deborah

What an awesome validation OWL. Thanks for sharing. These later year validations can be so exciting.

8. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

The point Deborah is making is important.. For me there are many many things from BB my spiritual self's memories that can never be proven by critical examination of physical things because there is nothing recorded that will allow that to happen..in a physical sense At some point in my opinion you must get to a point where you just know a memory is correct because its not possible for you to go through the process for you to accept the memory after physical critical examination for me critical examination is something like... For example through BB's my spiritual self memories I know the Egyptian pharaoh Akenaten was gay.. with these types of memories there is nothing out there in a physical sense to put under the microscope of critical examination you just have to know by how the memories are of these things that these memories could not possibly be wrong... in other words its critical examination of your memories knowing what level they must reach for you to accept them..a good test is when they are the last thing that you could have possibly imagined was true... making it extremely unlikely they could not have come from your imagination they could only come from the memories.. Early on that was one of my tests

Jaimie likes this.