Battle Buddy Rebirth

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by CrabbNebulous, Mar 5, 2019.

1. CrabbNebulous

CrabbNebulous New Member

Hello.

I’m new and feel like I’m on a very shaky limb here, but...

Does anyone else have a past life memory or the sense of having known one’s own parent before?

My father was a Vietnam veteran, a Marine. He nearly died, several times. (Duh, right?) As a child, I asked him about one bullet scar in particular, one just above his heart. (None of the others. Just *that* one.). As he told me about it (heavily censored), a picture formed in my mind: the image of a non-Caucasian man in a tree, face smeared with dirt or mud or paint. I can still see it vividly, smell the rot and dank and trees. My father said he fired back at the man who shot him—but I *know* I killed the man in the tree. I know he was a sniper. I know he shot my dad. I know he was VC and I know I fired back, pure reflex.

I have never held a gun. But I know I shot the man in the tree because I was the one who saw him.

I have never met any of my dad’s squad mates. Never been to the Wall. (I can’t, for some reason.). I am not obsessed with Vietnam, but it has followed me all of my life, not in the least through my Agent Orange exposure.

I can’t describe how I feel when I see/hear the motto, the insignia, the sheer *presence* of the USMC division my father belonged to. I have other family who fought other wars, nothing resonates like this.

I’ve done the math and...is it possible I had a life fighting beside my father? That I was a squaddie who died next to him? The math says it’s possible. There was ample time between his discharge and my birth. My personal relationship with Dad was...strained. But his identity as a Marine eclipses everything else.

I’m not looking for borrowed glamor or valor. I just want to know, is it possible that I died defending my father? That I absorbed ‘no man left behind’ to the point that I came back as his child?

Has anyone else felt this, or should I get a shrink?

Jaimie and landsend like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome crabbNebulous, your comment about perhaps needing psychiatric care, I think that most of us feel that way at least to start with. Your thoughts may well be true and perhaps with meditation or regression you could get more information that would help resolve your questioning.

3. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Welcome,
    It certainly is possible, I keep meeting a few souls life after life, this is what's often refered to as a "soul group", the relations change and with the invention of the internet so does the distance sometimes
    I fought and died in WWI, II, Nam among others, in Nam I was a Marine as well
    and you'll find quite a few of us Nam folks around

4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Welcome!

I have memories of the Vietnam War, which you can check out in my thread: http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/missing-in-action-a-case-unresolved-vietnam-war.7958/

You're not alone in feeling the way you do about the war. It's pretty much followed me around, too. And I do not live in America, so go figure.

My initial feeling is that this could be a 'call', a spiritual call if you will. If you feel ready, perhaps it's time to investigate and look into your father's past. Would contacting his old squad mates be out of question? I'm sure some of them might be able to answer some of your questions, and may even know about the incident of your vision. But the ball is really in your court. If it's answers you seek, and resolution, perhaps tying up those loose ends regarding your father's past would bring you a sense of closure. Contact me if you want to join a private support group for those who have Vietnam memories. We are not an active forum, but have links to resources, and a place to offload without restraint.

Finally, as you know, if you were the man who was shot saving your father's life -- your previous selves name would be up on The Wall. It's something to consider, too. I plan to make a pilgrimage to The Wall one day to say goodbye to a few folks there, but that's going to have to be the far future for me, at the moment.

Peace,
    Landsend.

5. landsend

And to answer your question, my mother and my past selves mother have some very VERY striking similarities to the point where I believe they may have been the same person. They had similar looks, personality, hobbies, and even married the same day. My past selves mom unfortunately died young, and unexpected in 1962. My mom was born 1964. So it's theoretically possible. I even showed my mother, and she agreed that they looked very similar, especially around the eyes. I'd post a picture here but don't have permission from my mom (she'd kill me if I posted it on a public forum).

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

You're not crazy. Enlisting in the Army, becoming a Ranger and a Special Forces Soldier was something that resonated in my soul also. It was something I felt compelled to do. The young man in my profile pic is not me, but represents who I was back then. I don't know if it comes from a PL, or if it was a path God chose for me. When I was in HS I had some weird dreams which became deja vu moments later on when I was in the Army.

Jaimie likes this.
  7. landsend

@Nobody Special Did you do a tour in Nam? Thanks for posting and thanks for your service.

8. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

No, I am not that "seasoned". I enlisted in the Reagan era, 1984 to be exact. So I was in mostly during the 80's and 90's. I did 14 years on active duty and a couple in the reserve.

9. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I would have past life memories too that I first thought I needed a shrink for, I was a total non believer of past life back then.

Over time when collecting one proof after another it finally got too overwhelming. I then had to believe.

It was even down to the small details of things like having the same writing and both of us having been, are, over mobile, same gestures with the hands, the way we leaned against our then current partners, physically leaning with our backs in photographs. She also had the same taste as I have regarding interior decorating (to her then hubby's chagrin, ha ha, but he was still a good sport about it, that I can recall, but it did not look like a man even lived in certain areas of the home...)

In my case I did not want to have been my past life self so that might have been part of the reason why I fought so hard against it. It had happy moments, but also very unhappy.

I have noticed people from my soul group (family members, friends etc, they can wear many "outfits", they change, I change, even the gender, sex change) from one past life to the present, and it goes back, and back, and back...From things that has popped up during meditation I rather liked being a man, but most experienced past lives was as female.

I think love is the answer. Love don't let go. We're stuck together, through thick and thin.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    KenJ and Peace of mind like this.