Beginner's questions

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Frank_183, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Dear all,

I am from Germany and I had 5 past life experiences so far, two of them induced, the others rather "accidentally". I haven't been able to make much sense of it, probably mostly due to a lack of proper guidance, but also because they were just very brief and I probably wasn't really ready for it.

Now, what startles me is that on all occasions I have no idea about my name, my appearance and clothes I'm wearing, the time and place and also not about my family, where I came from and what brought me into this particular situation I am in.

I do however vividly remember the details of my surroundings. And according to the landscape I'm pretty sure it is central Europe, possibly Germany (or at least the area that is now Germany). I know all of the experiences are from at least 200 years ago, probably rather 300-600 years ago. In all cases I do know about my gender and my rough age. In all cases I'm an adult, somewhere 20-40 years old. I have very strong emotions, I clearly remember what had happened just then and there. I can smell the air very precisely and I remember the landscape and scenery pretty well. And things feel vey familiar, I immediately recognise the places.

So, what do you believe? Could this really been have a past time or is this rather a dream like phantasy?

Best regards
    Frank

Peace of mind and Speedwell like this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like it's probably real to me. Having an emotional connection with what you experience is an important clue, it may also help you to understand what meaning or importance it may have for the present life too.

3. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum, Frank. It's quite possible those could be past life related, but are there any more details you'd like to share? It's hard to tell, from the few details you've given. What kind of emotions were you feeling? Were these experiences like flashbacks? I'm interested to know how you can tell these things happened so long ago, without knowing anything about your appearance. Did you see other people, maybe? And have you tried any regression meditations?

Speedwell likes this.
  4. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Thanks, Speedwell, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, so far it doesn't make any sense to me. But those encounters were extremely brief, so I'm even wondering if they were really from a past life.

Speedwell likes this.
  5. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Dear tanker,

yes, that's the point, very strong emotions and a lot of details of the surroundings, but just like a flash. However also something, as opposed to dreams, a very clear rememberance. I'll try quickly:

1. With a group of people we are sitting in a clearance of forest. About 20-25 people. Some women who are probably maids are wearing white linen aprons. We are taking a rest. Vegetation is very typically central european, could also be North American, but I don't think so. We are refugees and I am the leader of this group, although I have no idea in which way exactly. But I have this terrible feeling of guilt, of having made an unnecessary mistake, that I hadn't listened to advice, was too lazy, too arrogant, something to that extent. Our place had been raided and we are the rest of the group that barely escaped into the woods. I don't know what I did wrong, but I know I did and now we are in a terrible situation, things don't look good for us. It is autumn, winter is coming and we have to place to go, no food, we are pretty much doomed. It is my fault, I let my people down and I dearly regret it, but now it is too late. About 1300-1500.

2. I am a thief, a drifter, probably orphaned. That one regression of "Sarah" in Carol's first book sounded very similiar. I roam around, sneaking into the farmer's barnes at night to find food. I live in the forrest, all by myself. I have some "buddies" who are in the same situation. But we don't trust each other. For good reasons. While we get along with each other rather well, everybody would just snatch everything away from the other without hesitating for one second. But I'm not even looking for friends or aquaintances, I'm a loner. Eventually I get caught and get hung. I clearly remember the rope around my neck and the moment of death, very strong physical pain, but it takes only a few seconds and I'm relieved. About 1500-1700.

3. Very quick flash. This time a bit later in history. Maybe late 1700s - mid 1800s. I am a wealthy, strong man with some power and authority, but not too much. I just learned that one of my sons has died as a soldier in a war. I had forced him to sign up as a soldier because of some tradition, nationalistic attitude. My son didn't want to and he didn't have to go to war, but I had forced him and now I dearly regret it. But again, it is too late.

4. I'm standing somewhere in the woods, in front of me a simple shabby cabin made of clay, wood and hay. The ground muddy and soaked. Some 5-6 small children and adolescents standing staring at me, sad and accusing. I know that I had let them down. Those are my younger siblings. They are wearing brown linen "clothes", very simple, very dirty. I am the oldest one and after my parents (or other elders) had died, I was supposed to take care of them. But I walked away from them, because this was not the type of life that I had been looking for, I walked off into a city to find work and enjoy the urban life with music, dancing, drinking, theatre, meeting "cool" people. And I did and enjoyed, but a while later (don't know, could have been around 6-24 months) I go back to see how they are doing. Most of them are still alive and somehow managed to get by, but they are really very disappointed about me. I feel sorry, but I don't regret it this time. Around 1200-1400 maybe.

5. A bit later now, 1800s maybe, I see a bedroom with big bulky dark brown furniture and an old fashioned bed. I had just died at a relatively old age, a natural death. This time no guilt, just confusion about what happened. Maybe one of my first lives, I'm not used to it yet.

Best regards
    Frank

6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Frank, that's quite a lot of guilt you're carrying. Do you feel it's affected you in the present? It's interesting that in the 1200-1400 event you've still done things wrong but don't have regrets. Do you feel that all these experiences occur in the same country? Do you feel they're linked in any way?

Frank_183 likes this.
  7. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Frank, if we arrange those chronologically, the 1200-1400 may be one of the earliest. Possibly after that you had intended to do 'better' (according to your own evaluation) next time. And so, the later lives may have had more regrets, not simply because things didn't go so well, but because it may have been your own hopes and best intentions which were not reached.

I should add, these things are your experiences and it's not really fair for anyone else such as myself to interpret them. You have to make up your own mind.

Frank_183 likes this.
  8. Ocean

Ocean Senior Registered

Hello Frank!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

It is pretty common for past life memories not to include any basic information like names, dates and locations. It's the same with me. When I remember I know my gender and my approximate age, that's all. I see my surroundings and I experience what I am doing there, what I am thinking and feeling, I remember conversations and interactions with other people. But everything else is very much a mystery. I don't know where I am, which year it might be, what my name is or where I come from. I don't know what's going on in the world around me. It's like zapping into a scene from a movie without knowing the context.

With two of my past lives I got to know my first name just because I heard someone else addressing me. I know family members or friends only when they appear in my memories. And I get an idea for the time period by seeing the clothes and surroundings and from the content of conversations or thoughts that I remember. By doing some research later on I could pin down the time frame of many memories more precisely and find out some locations, too. Sometimes that's easy to figure out, sometimes that's more difficult or impossible without further information.

Other people however are able to retrieve specific information like names and dates, especially during regression or meditation when they are asked specific questions about their past lives. You might want to try some guided regressions on Youtube to obtain more memories. It works well for many people here. For others like myself, however, it never did.

So don't worry about that. It's normal not to know everything and not to know everything right from the start. Your memories are still valid and what you described sounds like real and normal past life experiences to me.

As others have already said, strong emotions are a good indicator that there is more to it than just dreams or fantasy. Often we remember key moments and very emotional situations of our past lives first and we relive these emotions during our memories. These kind of experiences are what is most important for our journey and our evolution as souls and human beings, not the basic information so much.

There might be connections to our current life, too, like fears, aspirations, pattern of behavior or even health issues that were caused by past life experiences and that carried over. So it's worth looking into that and seeing if you can find any such unresolved issues and connections. It would be further confirmation that you are dealing with real past life memories. But it's not a necessary thing, either. Everyone is different. You may also feel more connected to just one or two of these past lives and not much to the others. That's also possible.

Good luck on your past life journey!

9. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Thanks everybody for your contributions, this is very precious for me!

Except for the thief/drifter thing I remember them as being very brief. It's like if you switch on the light in a dark room for some 5-10 seconds and then it's dark again. In this short period there is only so much to take in and remember. Could it be that I actively jumped back out to avoid being confronted?

Jim78 likes this.
  10. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

As for the the country it's difficult to tell. Germany as such has only existed since 1871, before the area was cluttered with small kingdoms and duchies. Besides, this area had also been invaded and occupied by others a lot. But the vegetation was always the same so I do think they all happened in the same area, yes.

Not sure if they are linked but you and Speedwell said, they are all about guilt of wrong doings and letting others down. The thing is, in this life I have been let down and betrayed a lot by my parentes, older brothers and also other superiors like bosses. So, could it be that it's some kind of a punishment? Or having to make the experience to be betrayed to understand what I did wrong?
    I'm also wondering if I had met those named people before and it's about resolving conflicts? But in this life, I really haven't had any chance to resolve conflicts. Of couse I made a lot of mistakes in my life, but with those family members there is absolutely nothing that I could have done for a different outcome, I am absolutely sure about it. So, it's difficult for me to make sense of that...

11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Frank, don't be too hard on yourself! I don't believe anyone can know for certain why these things happen. I know the idea of karma is popular here, but personally I'm not convinced. I don't know the reason awful things happened to me in past lives, or even if there is a reason. And I don't know if there's a lesson to be learned or not. These kind of beliefs are purely personal, and each of us has to work that out for ourselves. But what I really don't believe is that we're being punished in some way!

Trying to make sense of present lives is hard, and when bad things happen to us it's natural to look for a cause. But maybe there just isn't one ... maybe it's just how things are, and we can't know all the answers. I'm really sorry you've been let down and betrayed in this life by so many people. I know only too well from my own experience what that feels like. But don't tell yourself it's your fault. Honourable behaviour is in short supply these days, so if others are not kind to you, at least be kind to yourself. I'm sure most of us have made mistakes in life, but I think the answer is not to look to the past to explain it. We can only do our best here and now, and that's what matters.

You have so little information to go on, as most of your experiences are very brief, so maybe if and when you find out more, things will become clearer. It might initially be worth trying a gentle regression, as Ocean has mentioned. The first one I tried was the Brian Weiss one on YouTube, and I found it helpful. But they don't work for everyone. Sometimes they don't ever work, but sometimes after a few tries they do. Hope all this helps you a little.

Ocean likes this.
  12. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Dear tanker,

thanks a lot!

Well, the thing is that I consider myself extremely lucky that I was born in this time and this place and I have been lucky in many ways in this life. Whenever needed new opportunities fell into my lap, I made the most incredible experiences all over the world. But as for my family of origin, they are giving me such a hard time and I'm positive by now there was absolutely nothing that I could have done about it.

As for the Brian Weiss regression, would you happen to have a link for me? I would be very grateful.

13. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Frank, this is the one I tried first. Good luck!

DiscoKitten and Frank_183 like this.
  14. Ocean

Ocean Senior Registered

Frank, IMO reincarnation is not about punishment. It's about making different kind of experiences, seeing how we would react under different circumstances in life, then becoming wiser by that, gaining compassion and understanding for others. So by nature some of our lives can be about experiencing "the other side", so we can understand how others felt and why they reacted the way they did.

I don't believe we experience bad things to be punished for our wrongdoings in the past, but that our souls/higher selves can choose freely and agree to make specific experiences or to face certain challenges in life which will make us wiser and help with our inner growth and evolution. These challenges are pre-planned and already arranged for us when we enter this life. So sometimes as human beings we find ourselves in situations, roles or circumstances we cannot change and which we may think of as being unfair. But there might be a specific experiences in that which we wanted to make as a soul. This might be the case with your current family and why you have such a hard time with them. Family is one thing in life we cannot choose or change after all. But you shouldn't view it as a form of punishment. I don't like to see these things as lessons to be learned either, just as new roles, experiences and challenges.

It may well be that after disappointing und hurting others in some of your lives, your soul wanted to experience what it feels like to be hurt and disappointed yourself. To know how it is to be on the other side of things.

Your past life memories about letting others down may also give you some understanding for the actions of others who let you down in this life and for their motivations. Maybe they were too arrogant and lazy like you were in your 1300-1500 past life? Or maybe they were relentless and caught in their own tradition like your 1700-1800 past life self?

These are just some ideas. Only you can find out for yourself if this is all connected somehow. Because on the other hand, there is also just bad luck and coincidence in life and just things happening for no specific reason.

IMO you shouldn't feel bad or guilty for doing things wrong in the past, either. We all did things in some of our past lives which we regret or which we wouldn't do now anymore. "Don't be too hard on yourself" is certainly a good advice. We can be our hardest critics ourselves sometimes. And one of the hardest challenges can be to forgive ourselves.

Frank_183, Klaud and tanker like this.
  15. Frank_183

Frank_183 Active Member

Well yes, the word "punishment" is too harsh, I meant it rather like having to experience that what I did to others.

Ocean likes this.
  16. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi Frank,

I believe life is a dream like phantasy and that it very well could be a past time. It's your journey.

Welcome to the forum. :)
    CP

Frank_183 likes this.