Believing in reincarnation does it make the thought of death better or worse?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by briski, Sep 26, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Member

Probably not a nice subject, however from what i've been researching, some people actually dread the thought of starting over again from baby, and dont want it and hope it doesn't happen. What are peoples feelings in here?

GreyReynard and sortoflikeheaven like this.
  2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can't answer that question. My reincarnation and life's journey had me see hell and I am absolutely terrified of going there. If I didn't have that fear I would take reincarnation in my stride.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I sometimes feel trapped in this body, but on the other hand each new life is another chance to do "better" this time. And maybe, one day it will be over. Or maybe we can choose to end it in the life between lives. Who knows...
    I do not like the idea of having to live in the future (but it probably was the same in some past lives), yet still, I rather have life after life after life than going straight to Hell and stay there forever.
    So it does make the thought of death better.

briski likes this.
  4. briski

briski Senior Member

Jim78, sounds you are really suffering from your past lives.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yes. I am suffering something fierce briski. We reap what we sow though. I really thought that 'heroism' had Gods approval. I initially gained past life memories to show me the evils that my soul has done. Once my old love rejected me all of my memories and experiences coelesced into a vision of my own personal hell in my mind. The British didn't frighten me, sociopaths didn't frighten me, risking death didn't frighten me...but seeing the folly in 'heroism' consumed me. I had never really being terrified in my life until that moment.

Hell consumes the bravest soldier and the most cowardly deserter. Hell doesn't discriminate. It can't be fought against either, which is all I know how to do. Fighting in hell magnifies the evils consuming you. Everyone is utterly powerless in hell. Its beyond mortal experience.

SeekerOfKnowledge and briski like this.
  6. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

What if Hell does not exist and/or you are creating it yourself?

I have been suffering from fear of Hell myself and sometimes still get this fear, but there most likely is no need to go there. You get as many new chances as you need. Or what else is reincarnation?

briski likes this.
  7. briski

briski Senior Member

I was going to mention building up positive Karma. However i expect you have in this life Jim78, maybe this is what you'll get a chance in continuing into your next? You didnt go to hell last time. Although some believe earth in this realm is hell

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't know if a real hell exists or not SeekerOfKnowledge, but I do know that we can create our own hell.

I did ask to experience hell though. I thought that after my hard life I could handle it. You know...I would go through hell for my love. Having seen a vision of hell I dropped that notion like a hot potato. I now know what the prayer means 'Lord, protect us from every evil'. 'Heroic' man in his hubris thinks he can protect people from evil...but I've realised that only God has that power. It may be too late for me but I would suggest to any believer to trust in Him.

briski likes this.
  9. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

You are very proficient at asking questions ...

I think of death as of the inevitable waking up, and I try to do and experience the most I'm interested in, before the inevitable happens. The "now" is like when I'm in an out-of-body / lucid dream / astral projection / regression / ...

How about yourself, not what others say?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    briski and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  10. briski

briski Senior Member

Myself I feel it makes it better knowing you can get a fresh start from the begining. I guess the sad thing is you will most likely lose your memory from your previous life.

You may not even in that new flesh suit think about regressions or even remember anything.

Jim78 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  11. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Briski, some things are better left in oblivion IMO. There are some things that emerged in my current life to be overcome, and others are still emerging lately. Even bigger emotional burdens. Things that I don't want to remember next time around.

briski likes this.
  12. ananoske

ananoske New Member

this is a possibility that makes me sad, i mean ... of course, i have certain things that i don't want to remember in a future life, but i would like to remember some specific things, things that make me happy

briski likes this.
  13. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jim,

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying you had a vision of "hell" in the traditional Judeo-Christian after-life sense as an actually existing place of torment, or are you using the term in its more figurative sense as in "I went through hell" or "I experienced hell" in this life.

Cordially,
    S&S

14. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

When I first really started believing in reincarnation, about the time I had my dream about fighting for Napoleon, I thought it was pretty neat. Adventures for eternity. Of course I was a kid and the possibilities were endless.

Now that I have lived more of this life, I have zero interest in doing this again. The thought of an eternity of being reborn and learning the same lessons over and over until I “perhaps” become enlightened seems rather hellish.

I will admit, though, there are aspects of this world that are both wonderful and beautiful. I have had a pretty good life with more sunshine than rain. I have gotten to experience a lot and know what I have done that was good, bad, and in between. But if I had my way at this moment, I’d prefer that I ceased to exist when I die, but everyone here knows that’s not what happens.

ananoske likes this.
  15. briski

briski Senior Member

I guess at least when you forget you dont mind doing it again.

GreyReynard likes this.
  16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I'll try to clarify S&S.

All the information I'd gained about the spirit world and reincarnation coupled with the idea that combating evil creates evil coelesced into a vision of hell in my mind when my old love rejected me.

This vision rattled me right down to the very core of my soul. Hell was chaos, an all encompassing mirror on the evils I had created in my past lives and how those evils manifested in my current life. All of my fears were magnified to an unbearable degree and I saw it all become manifest after I die.

Whether hell is a real place or not I don't know. But the vision of hell that consumed my soul was absolutely terrifying. Now I just want to know peace when I die. I don't want to experience the hell I envisioned for real.

GreyReynard likes this.
  17. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

All that I hope for is that the lives to come are decent and that at some point I get to be truly free as I am feeling burnt out and have so for years. As for hell it does it exist but it is not just one place as the world we live in now for many is like hell though there are worse places in other realms from what I have found, there is hope that such isn't forever for those who have ended up there.

ananoske and GreyReynard like this.
  18. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

Makes sense Jim. I have spent some time teaching my oldest son that the difference between a hero and a villain is perspective and not much else.

Another chestnut is the saying. You either die a hero or you live long enough to become the villain.