Best way to respond to a 5 year old?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Krissie, May 24, 2017.

1. Krissie

Krissie New Member

My daughter is starting to convince me she was reincarnated. Ever since she was 2 years old she would ask me when I was going to be a baby again. All the time, she would ask me, "Mommy, when will you be a baby again?" "When will you be little again?" I would just tell her I'm a grown up now, I won't be a baby again. That went on about two years where she'd ask me at least twice a month. Now she is 5 years old. About a month ago she told me that when you die, you wait five years and then start over again as a baby in a new family. That you choose your new family. She said it very matter of fact.
    What prompted this post, was that this morning she told me she was glad she chose our family. When I asked what she meant, she told me that she was glad that she chose our family when she started over again as a baby. I asked her if she ever had another family. She told me she did and she had a Mom and Dad and a brother named Jack. She said it's hard to remember because it was a very long time ago. She said there was another baby but she can't remember their name or if it was boy or girl because it was such a long time ago.
    I want to know what the best way to approach this is. I want to ask her questions while she remembers but I don't want to lead her at all. What do you suggest?

Btw, in the little research I've done she fits some characteristics. She has a strange fear of elevators, had night terrors until she was almost 4 and seems to act so adult for her age.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Hi Krissie,

At her age - next time she brings it up you can encourage her to draw and color a picture(s) of her other family. Specifics MIGHT come out as she draws. When she's done - ask her to tell you about what the images mean. This helps both document and not lead her to her memories - experience and I am sure she'll love to have them in the future. :) The matter of fact way she mentions her past life is also very telling. It's a clue to it being a real memory for her.

Did she ever mention what her night terrors were about?

KenJ likes this.
  4. Krissie

Krissie New Member

She hasn't mentioned what the night terrors were about. I will encourage her to draw a picture next time she brings this up. Thank-you!