Birth Defect = Chronic Tension in my Jaw. Could PLR help?

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by Evergreen, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Hello Everyone. I am loving this forum and this is my first post.

I have some sort of anomalous birth defect in my lower jaw which has especially manifested itself in later life as a chronically tense jaw, and tension/aches patterns in other areas around my face (also probably relating to my astigmatism in left eye which I was born with).

I have been to a very highly qualified chiropractor and myofascial worker, and although he was able to relieve some of the strain on my neck and face through many muscle/bone/skull adjustments, he was ultimately able to verify (my my help) that it seems to be due to a birth defect in the shape of my lower jaw which causes asymmetry (something that has been palpably obvious to me for a while now). It effectively leaves me unable to fully chew on the right side of my mouth because of asymmetry. Not much else has brought lasting relief other then continual yoga/mindfulness/relaxation.

The whole thing is somewhat anomalous because I have never had any skull/jaw/neck injury or trauma other then my birthing which was very long (I emerged with my arm wrapped around my neck in what is called a “nuchal arm”). The chiropractor verified that this very well could be one of the most likely reasons for the defect, especially if I was wrapped like that in the womb for an extended period.

I really feel a stuck emotional component to all this, like some sort of “energetic gunk” in the afflicted region. My gut feeling is, - since it relates to birth and seems other wise anomalous, - is that it relates to something that bridges back to a past life. I ask myself: why was I resistant to being born? What was the emotional component carried from past life that was holding tension in that position?

I feel that if there could be some sort of emotional reconciliation with a past life, some of the discomfort/tension could resolve itself.

I wonder if this could be a subject to potentially address with Past Life Regression Therapy?

Has anyone else had experiences resolving physical ailments through past life regression? Or share stories with anything similar to what I have described above?

Blessings and thank for all the energy in this inspiring forum. :)

Polaris8, Antigone and Jaimie like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome Evergreen, interesting question, personally, I thought the body was not joined with your soul in a manner that the physical body would do anything other than try to survive, certainly not have a "desire" of its own accord.

3. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, Evergreen! Welcome! All I have found out about myself and my supposedly past lives is that my body moves the same, the way I sit, the way I gesture with my hands, how I hold my head to the side, etc, etc. So that is the body movements. I'm thinking one does not have much space in the womb and could end up in all sorts of positions which could be why you ended up with yours the way you did. Maybe having an injury or an illness is also from a soul point of view something that will teach us how to endure and for other's to help out, that is not to say one should accept having the injury or illness if something can be done about it, of course. A cruel thought is that if you were set out to kill yourself you would perhaps not breath or do something else to not live when you were born, but you didn't, you're with us :) I hope you will be, feel better in time.
    /Jaimie

4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Evergreen,

Welcome to the forum!
    I understand that you are curious about a birth defect (if it's origin is coming from a previous life). Well, if you can afford it, go to a reincarnation therapist. Just try it. Maybe you'll get your answers, and maybe your complaints might disappear after understanding the truth or in the worst case: nothing will show up and everything remains the same it was before. Not much to lose I think.

5. Antigone

Antigone Senior Member

Hello and welcome Evergreen!
    I am really sorry to hear of the jaw/facial and emotional pains you are going through right now, it does not sound like fun.
    I suppose you have already received helpful comments, but I would love to try to help too if I may.
    If you are new to the concept of physical issues dealing with past lives, I think it might be helpful or inspiring to read up a little on the subject if you can. I read Through Time Into Healing by Brian L. Weiss, and he discussed many physical and emotional issues that were cured in his regression cases. For instance, I think one woman had horrible rashes due to her past life when she was burned at stake, and these were gone after the regression. He talks about the emotional issues cured in regression too. Based on these cases, you might have some hope in regression.
    In my own experience, I only had the emotional issues connected to the past. Regression helped me to discover more of and about my past lives and to helped me to better understand my situation, and move on from it.
    However, may I be honest with you? I think that in life, we often assume that this or that specifically will cure us of our problems. However, I think a culmination of cures might be most effective, though a slower path to travel. So, regression might really help you, but maybe acupuncture (for instance, as I am just naming off a random example) will help you as well in regards to your problem. I suppose it takes an open mind (But these ideas are just my opinion.).
    However, if you feel as though regression is right for you or will help you, I think there is a possibility that it could. My opinion always will be, "listen to your gut" as you have put it.
    So, if I were you, I might do some research and then I might start to look for a regression therapist rather than doing it at home if I could help it, though I am sure you are anxious to resolve your pain.
    If you find something that helps you or have a regression experience, I would really like to hear of it.
    Please stay hopeful and thank you for posting!

fireflydancing likes this.
  6. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Thanks for the feedback, Antigone! I am just now reading through many of these helpful comments. I totally get what your saying about your honesty (and yes, of course, your honesty is very welcome)! I am not exactly looking for a miracle cure all for my condition. In the long run perhaps getting better function out of my jaw would be nice and desirable, but my first and foremost desire would be to simply ease as much of the tension as possible (especially considering the feeling of "emotional gunk" that accompanies it). PLR is something I am interested in anyway so I am very curious to give it a shot if I can afford it, with an open mind while being realistic about my expectation and also pursuing other things as well.

I did actually have a single acupuncture session which did feel good but the effects wore off fairly quickly. Something I would certainly do often if I had access and could afford it.

Yes! I did follow a guided Brian L. Weiss regression meditation yesterday that was shared here on this forum. I really like his way with words and his guided process really resonates with me. In fact I was going to look into his work a bit more, so thanks for verifying the value of his work. I had never heard of him until now, and I intend to soon get his book that you mention. Thanks a lot for the encouragement and the recommendation!

Antigone likes this.
  7. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Thanks for the welcome, fireflydancing. Yeah I think I will explore this... first I need to look into how to locate a reincarnation therapist. I live in a pretty rural area of Alaska, - do you know if any reincarnation therapists offer work over the phone/skype? or is it important to be present in person? I will also explore some guided meditations and also see what I can access on my own from delving into my dreams etc.., although I think a therapist would be much more efficient. I followed a Brian L. Weiss regression meditation video from this forum and yesterday which resonated with me. :)

8. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Jaimie, thanks for your thoughts. There are a number of interesting aspects you bring up which I appreciate.
    Yes, I think there isn't much space in the womb (at least physically). One could say that my defect could be explained simply from the physical nature of that, and not equate it to anything more "mysterious" as past lives etc. Yet I wonder: what creates these circumstances? I took like 40 hours of something to birth, so it really seems like I wasn't exactly eager to jump into this world (although I am happy to be here and happy to be me!). I like that you point towards the idea of having an injury as having its own positives aspects from a soul perspective (such as the ability to learn, grow, have a unique perspective of learning to share with others, etc..). That is a perspective that I think is very important and something I often take to heart. I don't mind having a slightly wonky jaw, but it would be nice if I could be more free of constant tension/aches - and of course I'd take full healing on all levels if possible. ;) Perhaps I was meant to have this ailment, then learn from it...

Jaimie likes this.
  9. Antigone

Antigone Senior Member

Hello Again! I apologise for a delayed response.
    I hear you are from a rural area in Alaska, which is probably somewhat of an inconvenience when it comes to your options with Past Life Therapy. I actually was curious and looked up regression therapists in Alaska and only a handful came up even then. And while the video tapes are helpful, I think having a therapist might really help you target the issue (but that is just my idea). I say this because you also mentioned your birth, which could possibly be the problem itself, according to some cases that I have read (in this case, you might be regressed to the natal state). So, with the possibilities of what this might be, I think that someone who could be open during the process would probably be most helpful. Maybe try your luck and just do a general search of "regression therapists", then you could e-mail them (for example) to ask if they would do a Skype/phone session with you.

Still, I am really glad to see where you are standing in regards to the situation in general. You seem very optimistic but also realistic, which I think will really help you on your journey. It might take a great deal of work and acceptance to deal with your concern, but through this I am sure you will find at least something helpful. I also read that you meditate, and I think this is a practice which is very beneficial and can introduce you to a great deal of other helpful ideas.
    Anyways, thank you for listening and if you find a solution I would be happy to hear of it.
    Good luck on your journey!

10. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Thanks for you continued thoughts, I appreciate it. I think I will eventually track down a therapist either online or in person. Someday I might be in a good situation to see one in person if I travel or am in a different city. I think in person would be preferable, but I think skype could be potentially very effective too. All things I am going to explore, and first I will familiarize myself with the Weiss book which should be coming to me in the mail soon from the library (we have a really great mail service library system out here in rural AK! :) )

You mention the natal state which is interesting because I have followed the Weiss guided meditation twice now (as linked in the videos on this forum) and each time when he guides me into the "womb memory" I get fairly concrete and noticeable imagery/senses/feeling/awareness. Just a sense of who I was then, and a feeling of carrying through various energies. I'm really interested to explore that more. He went on to say after the meditation that not every gets anything when prompted for a "womb memory," but each time I did it I got fairly noticeable stuff. Of course it could be imagination, but the whole idea is to just let anything that comes come and be with it.

Thanks for all your support. I try to be optimistic, making the best of my situation, while also being realistic. :)

Meditation is something I have been doing more and more of lately. Especially the type of mediation that is simply sitting and allowing everything to be simply as it is. I read something recently that stated that if we are consciously aware of our tension and pain then the brain sends a signal to the nerves that show that we are consciously meeting the alarm system our body. Another way of saying this is that: the pain signal is a alarm bell trying to get our attention but when we are consciously paying attention to the afflicted area its as if the pain-signal has already fulfilled its intended purpose (to get our attention in the first place)... thus, this is way mindfulness in regards to pain actually reduces the pain (the body doesn't need to fire as many of 'those' signals). Not sure if I explained that well...

Best Wishes.

Antigone likes this.
  11. M00nst0ne

M00nst0ne I Ate'nt Dead

Hi Evergreen,

I too was very frustrated in my efforts to find a LBL practitioner in my area. Not only is the nearest one about four hours away, but the expense of the therapy is a bit much for my budget. I'm so new to all this that I still squeak... but FWIW, this is the online course I took that led to my first deliberate PL session at the beginning of this month. Maybe it can be of help to you, too!

Looks like people have posted links to other videos and practitioners-- those'll be fun to test-drive! :D I agree with Antigone that facetime with an actual therapist would be great-- but that unfortunately is not always an option, whether in the wilds of rural Alaska or the cultural desert of far-northern California. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Antigone likes this.
  12. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

That link is great right now at $12 pe course, I'm posting this as an anchor to this happening for future reference.

M00nst0ne likes this.
  13. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Thanks a lot! That course looks pretty interesting, and also very cheap while on sale! I am curious what your experiences were with taking the course?

M00nst0ne likes this.
  14. M00nst0ne

M00nst0ne I Ate'nt Dead

Hi Evergreen, my apologies for the long time in replying! My checking in on this site is a little irregular at the moment.

There's some very interesting information in that course. It's much more geared toward professional therapists than lay people, but the instructor acknowledges that some participants fall into that category. One of the most helpful tidbits was the disclosure that the case studies in Michael Newton's books (which got me interested in this topic in the first place) were curated, as most presentations tend to be. Over many years, he guided many clients through tens of thousands of sessions; many of them weren't as powerful or detailed as the ones he included in his books. That went a long way toward managing my expectations before my own-- and a good thing too, it turned out! There are links to a few YouTube videos included in that course, one of which is used as a sort of self-guided LBL session; I had what I believe to be a PL experience as a direct result, but it wasn't powerful or detailed. I'm almost over the hit to my nascent confidence enough to have another go at it. :D

15. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Thanks for your feedback. I think that is a course I might want to take sometime. I am going to be traveling soon so I might not have the time or place to start the course currently, but on the other hand with traveling, maybe I could look into finding an actual PLR therapist to see? -although limited funds much restrict me at the moment. It might be good to first simply read some more books and repeat the self guided sessions a few more times - each time I do that I get insight! I will add Newtons books along with Brian L. Weiss books to my list of books to check out soon. Looking forward to reading! I am still learning about who all the notable names/authors in this field are. :) Thanks for sharing your experiences. :) its interesting stuff!

16. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Evergreen, Welcome to the forum. You are in good company here and will learn a lot from various souls here that are connected to this forum. As for your question the best advise I can give you is to look into a regression session with a good PL Therapist. Do realized that our past life memories are stored in the permanent atom of the soul body or what some may term the causal body. The causal /Soul Body is named "Causal" because it is the originating source of each new personality that reincarnates in each lifetime. It is the source of your manifested present personality, causing it to be and exist. When your present personality ends, the eternal essence of you is absorbed and goes inward into the next inner body which is the astral. Soul will spend time on various levels of this dimension of reality until the same process occurs once again and soul drops the astral body and goes further inward into the mental body. Then after some time has been spent on the mental dimension soul will drop the mental body and finally return to full consciousness within the Soul/Casual Body which is the eternal part of you. The Soul Body is immortal as it exists beyond time space and matter during your soul journey through the many incarnations or lifetimes within the lower worlds of the physical, astral and mental dimensions.

So each time we reincarnate we receive a new mental, astral and physical body which have no memory of these prior lifetimes. However the karmic actions from the past are carried over to later be expressed in the new lifetime. This is because the permanent memories and karmic actions of these other lifetimes are store within the soul body itself. But since the new incarnated ego has no memory of this it will in essences get a clean slate each time.

The reason I am telling you all this is because most of mankind's past life karma is usually unresolved emotional issues which are carry over from PL within the astral body. As this is where our emotional awareness comes from. When a soul decides to burn off major amounts of karmic debit it will chose a physicals body that will have a defect be it minor or major in it to manifest these issue to cause the soul to workout that karmic issue more quickly in just one lifetime rather than several of them over time. However if the karma is mental or emotional in origin it will manifest itself within the physical body at present. Remember that these inner bodies are linked together and work in unison with the physical. So when doing PL regressions many therapists will take you back to the PL where the karma originally started which is usually on the mental or astral level of consciousness. From there the soul becomes aware of the issues in the present and can work out the issue and heal from within.

Karma is not about punishment or reward but a learning tool for the soul to use so that it may know itself by its own experiences. When the lesson is learn fully from within that karma is resolved and will not have a need to manifest no longer in future lifetimes should soul chose to come back. This process is how consciousness itself evolves grows and spiritual matures over time until it reaches a stage of enlightenment where it will cycle off the physical. plane all together. I wish you well on your journey in finding out the source of your problem.

Peace and love to you my friend.

P.