Bits of another Past Life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Cryscat, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Hey, thanks for sharing! This is really interesting and I do think it's rather brave of you, considering the circumstances it isn't always easy.

If you're still looking into your identity, it might help to actually just straight up inquire. You remind me a little of a friend I had in my youth who was also drawn to those bombing missions in B-17's, and whether or not he considered the possibility of having lived before this life, he re-enacted and it's definitely possible to look into, especially since you already found an online group from that squadron. A lot of people, including that friend of mine, look into this sort of stuff for various reasons. Check out these examples if you're still looking, I imagine it'd be easy to put together a request like that to the group you found and maybe get some more info confirming and validating some things for you: http://www.379thbga.org/Looking4%201350-1341%20p35.htm

I totally get this. Maybe someday you'll find those boys again.

2. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Thanks Spaz. I might contact the website I found and see if they can direct me. I am now leaning more toward Johnie, but I wonder if he changed from BTG to TG for that last mission.

3. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Bringing this back up with new info. Did some more research on Johnnie Johnson. Turns out that there was a witness to the B-17 going down and 6 parachute were noted. Found Johnnie listed as a POW in Germany, shortly after Oct. 14, 1943. This doesn't match my memories, So I am now leaning to Sgt. Robert P. Boylan, the ball turret gunner. I think Johnnie may have been Robert's best bud. That's all for now!

4. Myna

Myna Humanoid

What is ball turret gunner?

So u havent really found solid evidence about yr pL identity?

I'm asking myself if I should try to find out more about mine. Alone being involved in war, makes me feel uncomfortable. I just think, I wouldnt be someone who dared to take lives of others up to the moment I started my journal & now, it's even giving me goosebumps to figure out for which country I had served, coz saw too many types of battlefields that I really had no clue which of those belonged to my PL

Anyway, I wanted to go thru all names here, but it sounds a lot of work
    https://www.archives.gov/research/military/ww2/army-casualties/new-york.html

I thought posting questions here might help, maube u can try since u know sort of a name
    http://www.ww2f.com/

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  5. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

6. Myna

Myna Humanoid

7. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I am amused that this past life was a short, Irish American guy. 5 ft 6in or 5 ft 7in. No taller than that. I did sit in a ball turret back in the year 2000 and I know a 6 ft tall dude would not fit. Robert did get a "Kill," that is shooting an enemy aircraft down with his gun. Who knows how many civilian lives were lost with the bombs 229803 (Flat Footed Floogie) and her sister B-17's dropped.

8. Myna

Myna Humanoid

Ah Thats true
    The bomb

Why i have nvr seen the ball turret thingy in my vision? Just saw vehicles exploded or fell down

Did u often get nightmares (when u were lil)?

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  9. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Sometimes. This one I call a night terror, since it didn't want to go away, even when it woke me up. I think what I was seening was the flak shell heading in my direction. It was terrifying.

Ball turrets were only on the bombers. I don't remember you saying that you saw any bombers.

10. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

So, did you ever wonder about your teddy-bear Willie? There is a Wilbur and a William on the list. Or perhaps Willie just represented "the guys"?

11. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I don't know, Blueheart. Willie the teddy bear, is a homemade bear. My grandma made him and gave him to me when I was born. He's stuffed with old nyons and has button eyes. To me, he's part of the love grandma had for me (and I still have him.) Maybe the name came from one of the guys though.