Body abuse

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Stu, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Stu

Stu New Member

Hi I am new to this forum and I joined because I have one main question. I have a strong belief in reincarnation and I was wondering if there was an issue perhaps of abusing one's body in this current lifetime this with drugs and alcohol etc. if we're going to get another one anyway ., perhaps that's ones purpose too ?if this life is too difficult . thoughts anybody

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

What constitutes "too difficult"? What is the purpose of a lifetime? What do you suppose your "contract" was to begin a life in the physical? Who all gets effected by such decisions?

Your question is a good one to ponder, too few give it deep consideration in my opinion, but that's just me.

3. Native Son

Native Son Member

Just what is a strong belief? What is your belief based on? And just how did you come to have this strong belief? What road did you embark on to arrive at this strong belief, and how long, timewise, has it been that you have contemplated on reincarnation to arrive at this strong belief? If you could answer these questions, then perhaps somone here could venture to either affirm or refute your thoughts on it with their own thoughts. Also, the thoughts you are soliciting may already have been given somewhere on this forum. As those old sayings go, seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given, knock and it shall open. All these sayings refer to our own mind, and perhaps you have already given the obvious answer to yourself. Perhaps it is confirmation and corraboration you are seeking from this forum? Again, search the forum, and you may just find what you are seeking, both pro and con. And just what you believe depends on you, as truth depends on no one, as it stands firm on its own for those that recognize it. Once you have seen truth for the first time, you will always recognize it. And on this you can depend on, believe me!

What is the use of going over the same old ground? Year after year.....what have we found? Same old fears, same old souls. How many times needs a soul be reborn to lose the fear of dying, the fear of suffering, the fear of living?

Let us live for today, suffering some, and laughing some, while the others are busy building their future, I'm busy loving you, my dear truth. And is not truth plain old wisdom? Belief, even the strongest, is only equal to opinion, while knowing equals truth. And truth says that there is a time for everything, and there is a time for every event under the heavens. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot. A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.......etc, etc. In other words, the physical world is a place for a soul to experience all possible opposites. Unite/divide, negative/positive, beautiful/ugly, etc, etc. EQUALITY/BALANCE holds the physical universe together, and while it is all equal, all is well. But when even the slightest imbalance takes place, all is not well. What effects you effects me to some degree. But not so in the unseen world, where nothing ever happens. I mean to say that the unseen spiritual world is changeless/eternal.

Like many here, I too use music to meditate. And sometimes, listening to a combination of music, helps me to separate my mind/soul from my body, and have an experience that comes close to what others say is an OBE. And I have come to believe that all music/art is given to man by higher powers. In the old classical world, it was believed tbat the Muses were responsible for inspiring mankind in all art forms, of which music is one of those art forms. Additionally, all this music relates wisdom to those that are able to decipher it, and put it in the proper order, and perspective. I'm always on the lookout for my own self-delusion in these matters, and cannot rule it out when it comes to my out-of-body experiences, naturally speaking. But when someone has such grandiose ideas, like I do, all options and possible explanations are always on the table. And I try to be a most formadable and impartial skeptic of myself, if that is possible. After all, it's bad enough when others fool us, but is there anything more grotesque than to fool oneself? And as I was saying, one can find truth about the unseen world anywhere in the world and in just about everything. But the biggest concentration of that "mystery" knowledge is contained in the souls of animals, especially in the animal, man.

To give an example, and to put a little humor in this serious question of body abuse by drugs and alcohol, possibly being self-inflicted from a perspective of the soul selecting it, prior to incarnating, for physical experience/lesson, two particular songs come to mind. These offer, in a well, or not so well, disquised manner, depending on one's abilities of perception, a rendition of the astral world, and the main objective for this physical world we now live in. One song is titled, Heaven, by Simply Red. The other is a Cole Porter tune titled, I Get a Kick Out of You, and sung by many artists. Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald provide two of my favorite versions of this song.

4. Ljbellus

Ljbellus Registered

My thoughts in regards to your questions are that everyone abuses their body in one way or another. Too much of something, or too little it still could be classed as abuse. I have actually thought the same thing. If we are all going to reincarnate, then why take any care of our bodies or our lives, as we all get to go around again?

I agree that it could be anyone's purpose to go down the road of drugs and alcohol, especially if they have a hard life, there is a lot to learn and teach from that. But, I have also seen firsthand, the amazing things some people do, if they choose not to go down that road, or go down that road and find their way back.

Stu likes this.
  5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

What is truth? does anyone know? I'm sure no one knows what truth is they only have perception of truth. yet we talk about truth all the time.. There are facts... fact cannot be disputed,, you are reading this post... that is a fact.. truths are not facts... First there are facts a fact cannot be a perceived fact.. that is what truth is... truth is your perception of the truth of a fact so your truth could be and most times is different to mine
    Truth to you is what you perceive it to be... its not a fact..

6. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

This ties together with several other recent posts and something you said quite awhile ago John. I was thinking about this after recalling some of Native Son's philosopher friend's statements. You said something like "Knowledge by itself is inferior to having knowledge with Experience", or something like that, and, I think it was Plato that said something like "You can not transmit knowledge through writing", all shades of the same color. I also appreciate your pointing out the difference between fact and truth, something I had never stopped to consider.

As for the subject of this thread, I am reminded of the society, I think it was in the area in/near Turkey, that held the belief in reincarnation and were fierce warriors because of their having no fear of death (that the body was simply a temporary and unimportant thing), and then others looking at the body as a "Holy temple" (something created by God and deserving of respect etc.). My thoughts, after having lost much of my physical ability, is that the conscious harm done to the body is not a good idea, but I can understand the other perspectives - if only with the thoughts of our need to experience "Everything" (but do we all have to be Hitler?). I personally see substance abuse as a selfish and irresponsible lifestyle, but I may be too harsh in my thinking. I certainly used/abused my body while doing ironwork half a century ago, yet the condition that I had it in at that time is what allowed me to survive my injury!

Taking the "Fast lane" with few and hard experiences or a slower and longer life with more experiences is perhaps not a matter of debate, but rather differing needs for that spirit. I hesitate to go there since I was once attacked here on this form for my conservative thinking.