Books about Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by ChrisR, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Click on the images for more details and buying options

[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

[​IMG]

CD AUDIOBOOKS

[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG].[​IMG]

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Another great list. If you see one you're interested in but are not sure if you'll like it, or if it's what you are looking for; this is the place to ask. Most people who have been here a while have read them and can give you their two cents.

If you decide to buy one - please purchase through the links (click on the image of the book you want) here on the forum so Carol Bowman will get a small kickback to help fund the forum. Every little bit helps.

Any new ones to recommend?

4. rangehorn

rangehorn Registered

Books about Reincarnation

Hi, I think these books are kinda interesting. I have been eager to read on about past lives and how this goes about:)

5. Deborah

Cool - glad to know this is helpful :)

6. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Where to get books and papers by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson and other researchers at the Division of Perceptual (formerly Personality) Studies, University of Virginia School of Medicine:

Home page - https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/
    Academic books and papers by DOPS staff - see all Stevenson's work here, plus that of others who have followed in his footsteps - https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-stu ... lications/
    Reading Curriculum Related to the Scope of Research at DOPS - read all this to get a deep introduction to what reincarnation research is all about - https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-stu ... h-at-dops/
    Recommended books - the full library of what the DOPS folks recommend you read about reincarnation and related topics - https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-stu ... ded-books/

--

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

What is your favourite book on reincarnation? Maybe write a short review?

Please feel free to share.

For beginners I always recommend 'Exploring Reincarnation' by Dr Hans TenDam.

https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Reincarnation-Evidence-Past-Life-Experiences/dp/0712660208
    He is a very no-nonsense Dutchman who goes over the whole topic in good detail, from historical accounts, to OBEs and NDEs. These days he is a past life therapist, so he talks a lot about the therapeutic value of doing work on past life recall. Like many practioners, he started out as a 'straight' psychiatrist, but became intrigued by the number of patients who kept regressing to previous lives. At first he was skeptical, but then after doing a great deal of research on it (which he summarises in the book), he started using it in his practice. He got much better results than previously with his patients. It became is life's work to teach others how to use past life regression in their therapeutic practices. He recounts all that he has learned over 30+ years in the field. Well worth a read.

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Huhh. I don't see the images. Just a box with a ? in it.

9. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Lovely. How I wish he'd publish a digital version. The cost of the original is soaring just now.

10. Deborah

Looks like our images for books are broken. Chrome and Safari show question marks. :eek:(

It's a guessing game - click on any {?} and see what book you get. :rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  11. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

I'll fix that up when I get some time.

12. Unfinisheds0ng

Unfinisheds0ng New Member

Hello, I am in a moment of my life where searching for meaning is necessary. I am new here in this forum. I am from Portugal and recently someone who meant a lot to me passed away. I would like to find out more about karmic relationships. I am trying to figure out a lot of things and understand their meaning. He died with only 36 years old. We were always on and off speaking to each other and meeting throughout three years but we never had the so-called relationship. I fell for him the moment I saw him. And he was attracted to me as well. The thing is I didn't want to take it so seriously. Why? Well,somehow in the beginning, I thought it was just flirt from his side. But we really had chemistry from the start and we saw each other every Sunday. Every Sunday I was anxious to see him. I had this project where he used to workshop. Time went by and he asked me out. I said yes after half year maybe and when he was about to leave his job for another opportunity. Anyway we went out and I learned he had a really heavy baggage to carry. His story moved me. Since his sad childhood, to the death of his mother to his father and stepmother that abandoned him after some years of really bad parenting and even physical violence by the stepmother. Well we were then apart for a really long time because I had a feeling of doubt with him. I never understood what he wanted from me. I grew apart from him and even started a relationship in the meantime. I moved on. And he did too. He also started a relationship with another woman. But I never really did move on I left the person I was with at the time. And we tried again. He came to me and apologized maybe for his inconstant ways. We started going out again, now talking on the phone. I was having even more intense feelings for him at the time. It didn't seem right for me though. One day he didn't answered me and I explained why and deleted his Facebook account.
    Anyway he ended up being run over on his bike. He was hit by a car while a delinquent was running away from the cops. Exactly one week before he was asking me to forgive him for his inconstant behaviour and asked me if I would still want him. I lied and said no. I said he could count on me as a friend but there would be no way for me to keep on dealing with his emotional tornado. Well I really am devastated. I feel like I've met this man before. We had a story. I am almost 100% sure. It broke me apart to have this story full of interruptions interrupted by this tragic ending. I need to read more about karmic relationships. It must be it right? I've been reading Brian Weiss books, and now I want to know more. Would you recommend any books on the subject? I am also thinking of marina a past life regression.

13. Unfinisheds0ng

Workshop=work*

Marina=making*

Sorry autocorrect

14. Unfinisheds0ng

I've also had signs my conscience is changing. One week after he died an abandoned dog shows up at the entrance of my workplace and we immediately hit it off. It was like he has chosen me. He used to love his dog...it was his best friend, he was definitely a loner and it was his company. Could it be a coincidence? I dont think it can. This was One of lots of signs I had since. I adopted the dog btw he is a sweetheart and helps me so much to get through the day