• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Books that are Scientifically Based

How strange. There are more women turning into men, than vice-versa. In this way, there will be in the end no women left, all will be men.

I think 100 cases out of the 7.53 billion of the population is not a wide enough study to draw such conclusions. Ian Stevenson did a much wider study and he found that 90 percent of the time people reincarnated within the same gender. If you look at the rates of transgenderism etc I’d say this was a more accurate perception.

How strange. There are more women turning into men, than vice-versa. In this way, there will be in the end no women left, all will be men.
To me - that is very logical - as someone that is a woman this time around. I can see clearly that there is still discrimination against women going on - and I live in one of the more modern countries (ie Britain). If I lived somewhere like Iran, Afghanistan, some of the African countries - a womans life is one hell of a lot worse than a mans one is currently. Therefore it would not be at all surprising if a soul thought "I'm not coming back as a woman again - until women are treated equally". I took the easy way out and incarnated as a woman in a country that doesn't treat women that much worse (though it is still worse) - but I can certainly understand incarnating as a woman in the other countries I've named, for instance (and they aren't the only ones) would result in a decision never to incarnate as a woman again until full equality between the sexes had been reached. Add the fact that I'm in the first generation of women to have total control over our own fertility (again - that only applies in some countries). But, in the country I am in - we have the contraceptive Pill and legal abortion and both of those came along in time for me (ie I reached my 20's in the 1970's and so these things were available for me when I needed them). That was another reason it was "safe" to come back as a woman - subject to choosing one of the more modern countries to be born in. I couldn't have come back as a woman if I'd not had the Pill/legal abortion available to me - as it would have been very difficult to avoid pregnancy/children and therefore I'd have had to choose to come back as a man to avoid that.

Reincarnation: The Phoenix Fire Mystery, by Sylvia Cranston

It’s a thick book, like a telephone directory,

Written by a doctor in an attempt to discredit and debunk reincarnation,

but during her research for the book went the other way, convincing her it was true,

I had this book, but gave it away to someone who needed it more,

(It was a hard book to find 10+ years ago)

I would consider this a classic on this subject, and a must read,

From Dutch researcher and writer, Titus Rivas.

Online review of a book by James G Matlock.

Signs of Reincarnation by James Matlock (Book Review)

Brief quotes:
The book Signs of Reincarnation by anthropologist James (Jim) Matlock is without a doubt one of the most rigorous works about serious parapsychological reincarnation research that I have ever read. It discusses the history, methodology, prominent investigators, and main empirical findings of the field at an academic level.

It must be said that Matlock is really exemplary in the way he deals with theoretical opponents such as myself, something I was already familiar with because of my membership of his Facebook-group and pleasant personal chats. He correctly represents the positions and arguments of intellectual rivals and even refers to relevant papers written by them. This is one of the ways in which this book is really exceptional for me.
Anyone who has a basic academic background and sufficient interest in reincarnation and related subjects, simply must read this work.

A new book on reincarnation by Rawat and Rivas.

Reincarnation as a Scientific Concept: Scholarly Evidence for Past Lives

Authors: Dr. K.S. Rawat and Titus Rivas, M.A., M.Sc.
Publication date: May 2021.
Reincarnation as a Scientific Concept.jpg
Reincarnation as a Scientific Concept: Scholarly Evidence for Past Lives

Reincarnation as a Scientific Concept focuses on the question of whether reincarnation should be recognized as a serious subject by the contemporary scientific community.

After a historical overview of the psychical research into reincarnation memories, the authors present well-documented cases that have been studied by scholars from East and West.

The authors place themselves in the tradition of American psychiatrists Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker and their Indian predecessors, as well as colleagues such as the late Dr. Erlendur Haraldsson, Dr. Satwant Pasricha and anthropologist James Matlock.

Dr. Rawat has independently studied many children with memories of a past life in Asia, including classic cases in India such as Shanti Devi, Jagdish Chandra and Swarn Lata Mishra.

Rivas has investigated cases in the Netherlands that show the same basic pattern, even though most of them remain unsolved.

The authors address alternative psychological and parapsychological hypotheses for the findings in the field and demonstrate why reincarnation of a personal psyche offers the best explanation. Based on this assumption, they look at the possible future of parapsychological reincarnation research.

Personally I was already familiar with co-author Titus Rivas as one of the authors of the 2016 book on NDE research, The Self Does Not Die: Verified Paranormal Phenomena from Near-Death Experiences.

Last edited:
@Speedwell are you on Jim Matlock's FB group? You've probably seen me on there, I'm an admin there.

Anyone who gets Jim's book should consider his 15 week course which covers the book. It's a paid course, but an invaluable resource, and Jim lets you take the course (for free) as many times as you want over.

@Speedwell are you on Jim Matlock's FB group? You've probably seen me on there, I'm an admin there.

Anyone who gets Jim's book should consider his 15 week course which covers the book. It's a paid course, but an invaluable resource, and Jim lets you take the course (for free) as many times as you want over.
I do read Jim's FB group sometimes, I'm kind of a 'lurker' there.

Back