Books that are Scientifically Based

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by ChrisR, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Anthony Forwood

Anthony Forwood Arm Chair Know-It-All

Hi Deorah...

Have you studied Blavatsky or the Law of One material?

2. Anthony Forwood

Anthony Forwood Arm Chair Know-It-All

What's important are the scientific principles and methods that materialistic science offers, and not so much the scientific theories. Each author will obviously reflect his or her own personal beliefs, so by just being aware of that you can still gain a lot from reading as many different books as possible and not get caught up thinking that any one person is going to e right about everything.

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

4. Deborah

Great book references

5. Deborah

I just caught this Anthony. Yes, I do that too, and I’m glad you brought it up.

6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

It's difficult, for me, to say if it's better to read to get guidance, or it's better to read to validate your experiences. It depends ...

Guidance seeds beliefs. Beliefs create reality.

On the other hand, you might have no experience to validate if you don't firstly get some ideas.

In my case, I started by asking myself some important questions. To find answers, I looked for books that might provide them. So, I got exposed to ideas I've never heard of before. My new interests and knowledge began to yield experiences that widened my quest for knowledge. In time, I started to feel that new sources of information began to pop up at the right moment when I needed them.

Then there came a moment when I realized that beliefs can not only limit development, but actually stimulate subjective confirmation of themselves, masking reality, so I had to make the effort to have experiences while putting aside all expectations, and minimize interpretations.

7. Changzhen Li

Changzhen Li Member

Can I share a new book about reincarnation here? This book contains a lot of intermission experiences.
    100 Reincarnation Cases In Pingyang: Extraordinary True Stories of Kam People Who Recall Past Lives
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4LSK82 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Pearl

Pearl New Member

Dr. Ian Stevenson and Tucker have some pretty amazing case studies. Their research goes back decades. The information they have gathered is very scientific. There's a specific department in the university of Virginia where they work where you can read about it and also they have published books on the subject. Some of their research is against the rules of this forum.

9. Pearl

Pearl New Member

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

How strange. There are more women turning into men, than vice-versa. In this way, there will be in the end no women left, all will be men.

11. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I think 100 cases out of the 7.53 billion of the population is not a wide enough study to draw such conclusions. Ian Stevenson did a much wider study and he found that 90 percent of the time people reincarnated within the same gender. If you look at the rates of transgenderism etc I’d say this was a more accurate perception.

12. Ceridwen2

Ceridwen2 Member

To me - that is very logical - as someone that is a woman this time around. I can see clearly that there is still discrimination against women going on - and I live in one of the more modern countries (ie Britain). If I lived somewhere like Iran, Afghanistan, some of the African countries - a womans life is one hell of a lot worse than a mans one is currently. Therefore it would not be at all surprising if a soul thought "I'm not coming back as a woman again - until women are treated equally". I took the easy way out and incarnated as a woman in a country that doesn't treat women that much worse (though it is still worse) - but I can certainly understand incarnating as a woman in the other countries I've named, for instance (and they aren't the only ones) would result in a decision never to incarnate as a woman again until full equality between the sexes had been reached. Add the fact that I'm in the first generation of women to have total control over our own fertility (again - that only applies in some countries). But, in the country I am in - we have the contraceptive Pill and legal abortion and both of those came along in time for me (ie I reached my 20's in the 1970's and so these things were available for me when I needed them). That was another reason it was "safe" to come back as a woman - subject to choosing one of the more modern countries to be born in. I couldn't have come back as a woman if I'd not had the Pill/legal abortion available to me - as it would have been very difficult to avoid pregnancy/children and therefore I'd have had to choose to come back as a man to avoid that.

13. Harper.

Harper. Banned by Moderators

Reincarnation: The Phoenix Fire Mystery, by Sylvia Cranston

It’s a thick book, like a telephone directory,

Written by a doctor in an attempt to discredit and debunk reincarnation,

but during her research for the book went the other way, convincing her it was true,

I had this book, but gave it away to someone who needed it more,

(It was a hard book to find 10+ years ago)

I would consider this a classic on this subject, and a must read,

14. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

From Dutch researcher and writer, Titus Rivas.

Online review of a book by James G Matlock.

Signs of Reincarnation by James Matlock (Book Review)

Brief quotes: