Boy Believes He Lived Before

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Midnight.Sapphires, Sep 14, 2006.

1. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Hi all.

I found this related article of Cameron which has a few photos that go along with it.

2. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

Hi David....

Just a real quick note...

Thank you very much for taking the time to give everyone an update on what happened in the program. I did watch it and I had a couple of things I wanted to discuss but at the moment, I'm ill so I haven't been able to post anything.

Welcome to the forum and once again...thanks very much! :thumbsup:

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

(((((((((jere))))))))))

I'm sending you good thoughts -- hope you feel better soon, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Ailish :)

4. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

Thanks, Moondansyr, for posting that link to The Sun newspaper article. I have saved the text and photos to my hard drive for my own personal use. I notice the article contained a revelation that seems to have been edited out of the programme because of time constraints. It says that Cameron said that the white house had three toilets, while his Glasgow home only had one. Later, on visiting the white house, they found Cameron was exactly right. The chances of him just guessing that detail must be very low indeed. He was obviously very familiar with the place, although his familiarity cannot have been formed in his present lifetime.

And thank you, Jere. I hope you are feeling better soon.

5. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi David, flyby or jere,

I was wondering if it is very common to have three toilets in a home in Scotland? I live in America and most homes here have one or two toilets.

Vicky

6. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

I don't know if it's common in Scotland or the Outer Hebrides, Vicky, but the house was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by countryside and facing the sea and was probably built privately a hundred years ago or more and maybe that's how the owner or builder wanted it. I once lived in a house here in England that had two toilets...one in the bathroom upstairs and a separate one downstairs, but to have three in one house is unusual.

7. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks for the report David, and welcome to the forum! :)

Flyby, you're very welcome, too! It's always nice to see fellow Europeans here. :D

Jere, I hope you'll feel better soon! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

8. Klarry

Klarry Senior Registered

I saw the programme too and thought it was a fantastic and very well-balanced documentary following Cameron and his memories. I hope that it has shown many people that past life memories are very real and, dealt with properly can have a very cathartic and therapeutic effect.

I was moved to tears myself at Cameron's reaction to his 'Barra house'. As David said, his manner altered dramatically and his expression was one of such heavy emotion and sadness way beyond his years. There was a point when he was just staring into the fireplace (one of the main features of the house that hadn't changed) and there was such deep emotion etched into his face and his thoughts were obviously far far away.

I also thought his mum was amazing. She hadn't previously known much, if anything about past lives and yet she had listened to Cameron without ridicule. She had respected and treated his memories with the compassion and sense they deserved and as a result she has a very happy little boy who has successfully laid his memories to rest.

My brother works in TV and I've been trying to get him to suggest series like this for years because it is so powerful. I'm so glad the programme was aired and I'm even more pleased that little Cameron is a more relaxed and happy chap than before.

9. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

I agree entirely, Klarry. I have never seen any programme as well made nor as emotionally involving as this. It was a one-off. Maybe it should be put forward for some kind of award...a kind of television equivalent of an Oscar.

I was hoping to see who the people were that made it, but, as usual at the end, Channel 5 squashed the credits up into a narrow vertical strip at the right hand side of the screen, making them totally illegible and so they could prattle on about the dubious wonders of the following programme, which can't have been very special, as I've now totally forgotten what it was called. However, I'll never, ever forget "The Boy Who Lived Before" and I would like to thank Channel 5 for showing it, even if they did make a mess of the end credits.

10. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

Today, I sent the following email to Dr Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia and if he replies, I will let you all know what he has to say:

Thursday, September 21st, 2006.

Dear Dr Tucker,

I am sending this email to both your listed email addresses in the hope that one will get through. Last Monday night on Channel 5 here in the UK, I watched the superbly made programme about Cameron Macauley, The Boy Who Lived Before. It was spellbinding and very, very moving. Cameron’s reaction when he finally got to see his “Barra home” was almost too upsetting to watch (you were there and you saw it at first hand) and there is no doubt in my mind and in the minds of many who saw the programme that this is a most genuine case and that Cameron could only have known the details he knew about the Island of Barra; the house and his former family if he had actually been there and lived there previously and he obviously had…although not in his present lifetime. In fact, the details of what he related to you and his mother about all this before the trip turned out to be so accurate that it was amazing that Gillian (whom he said was his sister in his previous life) said that neither her brother nor her father had been killed in accidents. I think she may be being economical with the truth here. Perhaps her reaction was influenced by her own beliefs. Please, please, keep up your research into this case. There is definitely something there. In closing, I add three of my own observations that you have probably already considered:

(1): Cameron said he fell down a hole and fell through to his present mother. An incident that sounds as though it was an accidental death. Perhaps he had fallen down a well. If so, there must have been an inquest into his death and records of it must exist somewhere, either on Barra or on the mainland. This would also apply to his father who had got knocked down by a car. We are looking here at events that would have happened between the mid 1940’s and say, the end of the 1970’s.

(2): Cameron’s “Barra mum” was obviously still alive when the boy died in the previous life, which is why he thought she was still on Barra with the rest of his “other” family. For Cameron, his life on Barra seemed to be of recent times. But who was she? What was her name and what happened to her? According to the programme, Gillian either wasn’t asked about this, or she was asked and her answer was edited out of the final print.

And (3): Cameron may have been remembering events that had happened up to sixty years ago. But for him, the time between falling down the hole and landing with his “new mum” was instantaneous. The perplexing question therefore is, where had Cameron been in the intervening years between say, perhaps as long ago as the mid 1940’s and when he was reborn in around 2000? I hope you will keep people updated with your research into this truly remarkable case, which is the most convincing case I’ve yet seen regarding evidence of reincarnation. Cameron must have been very confused by all this, as anyone would be, even an adult.

Yours Sincerely,

David.

11. vicky

vicky Senior Member

David,

I REALLY like the letter. Jim Tucker visits this forum occasionally so you just may hear from him.

I'd like to propose that perhaps Cameron died some other way but when he died he felt like he was falling down a hole much like people that say they went through a tunnel to some white light. I didn't see the program so I can't tell if this is a possibility or not, just a thought.

Vicky

12. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Nice idea David. I would imagine that researchers such as Dr. Tucker don't get that much feed back and encouragement. Letting him know that his work is appreciated can only help keep him going.

John

13. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

If I'm real lucky, mine may be the only email he has received on the subject of the programme...in which case, I'll probably receive a reply from him. If I'm unlucky, mine may be one of thousands he receives and it'll be ignored. But I do appreciate what he did, flying all the way over from Virginia to Scotland to interview Cameron and then going all the way to Barra with him. That shows an awful lot of dedication to his invaluable research on the subject.

I think that we here living as we do in our physical world, still have so little understanding of time as it works on the level of the spirit world. That is why it's so difficult for us to understand how Cameron could have been gone for years in between his death and rebirth and yet for him, the time period was an instant.

14. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I am *so* glad you sent the email. I will keep my fingers crossed in hopes that you hear a response soon!

There's the possibility that Cameron's "Barra mum" has reincarnated into his current life, but with neither of them having the realization, as she may not have any memories of her own past life.

There are so many possibilities.

As for the falling down the hole, vicky, you may be quite right. From that one curious dream I had (of floating along in darkness), I can see that as being one perception of what I saw.

The most important thing is that Cameron has shown improvement since visiting Barra. It's hard for us because we want the details and concrete evidence, but what is important is Cameron's well being. If he doesn't "need" to know anymore, this may be all we get.

15. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

The Boy Who Lived Before

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed, Moondansyr, I don't think there's any need for any researcher to bother Cameron any more about all this. He's related enough for research to continue without him by searching through the records, ect. Best to let the little lad alone now to get on with his childhood. It must have been very traumatic for him, not to mention confusing, to be taken back to his former home only to find that his "Barra mum" wasn't there, nor any other member of his former family for that matter. This was the effect we saw in the film. He must have felt an overwhelming sense of loss and indescribable sadness. My heart goes out to him. He was and is, a very brave little boy.

16. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Hi David,

You said:

"I hope you will keep people updated with your research into this truly remarkable case, which is the most convincing case I’ve yet seen regarding evidence of reincarnation."

I agree that it's a really intriguing case. But do you think that it's more convincing than the Leinininger case discussed on this forum?
    http://www.ial.goldthread.com/indigoresponse.html

17. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

Interesting case :thumbsup:
    I found an article on channel five's website;

There is another program in their series on extraordinary people that may be interesting, considering another thread on this board..I'll put the link there.

18. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Hi, Bruce, I just got through reading your link to James' story and his case is just as convincing as Cameron's. However, perhaps due to their religious beliefs and upbringing, James' parents seem at a loss to understand just what is going on in their son's case. They seem unable to accept the idea that James Huston's soul and their son's soul may well be one and the same, preferring instead to believe that their son's spirit is being influenced by the spirit of the long departed airman. I can more readily accept the former because I have no religious beliefs as such...that is to say I'm not one for going to church and singing hymns and praying and the like...and I could be described as more of a spiritual person than a religious one. Therefore, my mind is more open to the idea of reincarnation than perhaps theirs seems to have been. But I have little doubt that if they were ever to discover that downed fighter plane on the seabed, that the cockpit canopy would be found to be jammed shut, just as James remembers. I don't think that there's any more need to look for further evidence in this case. For it appears to have been proved.

And thanks for posting that link, to the Channel 5 review and photo, Indian. I'm much obliged.

As for myself, well, when it comes my time to leave this world, I’m refusing to come back again. I’ve had more than enough this time around, thank you. What with all the childhood illnesses and sickness and toothache and painful unrequited love, ect, ect. No, this will be my last time here on this plane. I’m not going through all that again. No way! A pity that I couldn’t have had a son, though. It was something I always wanted. To hear a little boy say to me “I love you, daddy.” However, it takes two to tango and no girl or woman has ever been remotely interested in me. So, through no fault of mine, my so far sixty years on this earth have been one hell of a total waste of time. So why would I want to come back for more of the same? Why would anybody want to come back if they had a choice in the matter?

19. Carol

Carol Author

I can't help but wonder if any of the adults confirmed to Cameron that he may have been remembering another lifetime. I've found it very helpful in some cases to explain that indeed the child is remembering when they were here before, but that they are in a new life now, and the ones they remember are okay.

Since young children who have these memories usually can't distinguish between the past and present lives, the clarification helps. It sounds as if Cameron went through that "gap" when he saw the house and realized that his family was no longer there. It may have been helpful if one of the adults assured him that just as he is back in a different body, his father and loved ones probably are too. And that he now has a new life, etc., etc.

I know I've said this often before, but I think it may have been helpful in this situation too--after Cameron appeared to make that leap in understanding himself. It just seems that it would help clear up any confusion he has between past and present.

That's just my opinion. I wasn't there.

20. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

I can't help but think, though, Carol, that it was a cruel trick for God, or fate, or whatever, to play on little Cameron. He was so happy to be at last going back to Barra and was excited at the thought of his present mum and his Barra mum meeting up, so he could show off his Barra mum to his present mum. Then...disaster! He finally gets back home only to find, to his ultimate horror, that his Barra mum isn't there to welcome him home. She's gone and not only that, but he realises later that she's actually been gone for years and years. How can anyone, least of all a little boy, get their head around something like that? No wonder he reacted as he did. It was terrible to watch. At first, he didn't understand that he'd actually been away for so long. To him, it must have seemed only a couple of years ago that he was living with his "Barra mum".