Boy Believes He Lived Before

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Midnight.Sapphires, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Michaela

Michaela New Member

David

I have just read one of your previous posts. I watched the programme, too, and I was very moved by it.

But I am posting because your post sounded so terribly sad. You write you don't want to live again. I feel exactly the same as you. I have had my fair share of difficulties, losses and illness in this lifetime and I feel tired, I don't want a repeat performance either.

My greatest fear is that I could come back into a time where some kind of disaster struck the earth and there is another ice age and I thought how horrible it would be not to have the colour and abundance of life we have now. But then a thought struck me: Maybe in that lifetime I could be a scientist working towards finding a solution to save people, animals and plants and I would be an optimist and not fearful.

Now I don't feel quite so tired and scared. Maybe things will work out OK for us in the end even if we can't see it yet.

Please have hope.

Sorry to have gone a bit off topic.

Michaela

2. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Well, Michaela, hope is something that left me a long time ago...in fact, I only barely remember it. But let us both hope that when the time comes, we are at least given a choice as to whether or not we return here. It all seems such an unfair system to me.

And maybe, when he's a lot older and he's ready for it, Cameron will agree to go undergo hypnotic regression theapy in order for more details about his life on Barra to emerge, if, that is, researchers such as Dr Tucker think it would help.

3. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

A very good observation Carol. From reading both of your books, it's obvious to me that Cameron's memories might well have lead to both closure and healing. Like you, not having seen the program, or knowing more about the situation, it's not proper to make a judgment. I do wonder if sometimes these situations aren't handled as "case studies" rather than someone's life.

If cases such as these are met with compassion and understanding by the researcher and the family, a lot of good can come from them. It is through such memories, and the support of the families involved, that healing can occur. With that comes closure, understanding, and spiritual and personal growth. That is what makes reincarnation not only logical to me, but even inviting. I feel I’ve made great strides in my 60 years, and look forward to an opportunity to continue my journey. Not that I want this part of the journey to end quite yet.

John

4. Carol

Carol Author

Well said, John. It is very important to treat these children as souls who can are capable of comprehending the transition from one life to another--at the appropriate moment, with appropriate guidance. That's what I'm hoping happened with Cameron.

5. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I just wanted to say that Carol's opinion about sharing with the child the details regarding reincarnation is what turned things around for my son. I received that advice when my son started talking about his most recent lifetime. (the advice to tell him about reincarnation)

When I told him, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off of him. His face got really bright and he said 'so then Mommy. that means that I would always get to see you again.' We really had a more than usual amount of trouble with separation anxiety (we now know) due to his past life mother dying and him not bein able to say goodbye. All of that separation anxiety ended with that conversation.

It also directly helped him to remember the in-between life state which was very helpful in his ability to move on.

He had been so confused, like Cameron, about how he got here and how we got him from his last family.

6. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

You know, it sure would be nice if we could invite Cameron's mom to this site. I'm certain she would love to know she's not alone.

7. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

I would love to see this programme I hope they air it on new zealand television. It is these stories like Camerons that I find offer so much validation and could really help to strengthen the evidence for reincarnation for alot of people.
    Thank you for posting about the programme here.

Kind Regards
    Kay

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I agree Carribean Queen. It is hard to doubt what these children say so emphatically.

Vicky

9. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Reply received regarding my email to Dr Jim Tucker

I just thought I'd update you all about the email I sent to Dr Jim Tucker two weeks ago. I have just received the following reply from him and I am so pleased to hear from him:

"Dear David,

Thanks for your interest in this work. In response to your question about where Cameron was in the intervening years between lifetimes, about 20% of our subjects talk about experiences between lives. Some talk about staying near where they lived or died, while others talk about going to other realms. I discuss these reports in Chapter 8 of my book, Life Before Life.

Best regards,
    Jim B. Tucker, M.D.
    Division of Perceptual Studies
    Department of Psychiatric Medicine
    University of Virginia Health System
    PO Box 800152
    Charlottesville, VA 22908-0152"

10. MoonDansyr

Thanks for the update David. Although I'm not sure that was much of an answer, huh?

11. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Well, Moondansyr, he's probably very busy, but I just emailed him back with the following, which he should appreciate:

Thursday, October 5th, 2006.

Dear Dr Tucker,
    Many thanks indeed for your kind reply. It is much appreciated. Many thanks also for helping little Cameron Macauley the way you did. To fly all the way over to Glasgow from Virginia to interview Cameron and then go all the way to Barra with him shows great dedication to your research and you deserve to be successful with it. I hope you will keep us informed of any developments regarding your research into Cameron's previous life on the Reincarnation Forum, of which I believe you are a member. I myself have no memory of having lived a life previous to this one, but that only proves that I can't remember one, not that I never had one and, if I ever did have any such memories when I was a small child, they have, now I am nearly sixty years of age, long since faded away. I'm pleased you managed to get to Cameron before his memories faded also. Best Wishes from David.

12. MoonDansyr

Yes, I'm sure you are right about him being busy.

Your response to him was very nice. It would be nice to have him visit, but also, like I said before, I would very much welcome Cameron's mother here - - I'm sure she'd like to know she is far form alone.

13. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Well, I don't know Norma Macauley's address in Clydebank, Glasgow. Maybe Jere does, as he seems live in her area. But even so, the Macauley family may not be on the Internet yet. You'd be surprised at how many people, even in this day and age, are not computer literate enough to have a computer or be on the Internet.

14. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Everyone,

Several posts were removed from this thread today. This is the Children’s Section – a reminder to everyone to please keep all topics of discussion focused on Children’s Past Lives.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ailish

15. Rod

Rod Senior Registered

Another lifetime makes sense...

This is a great case, and it certainly bolsters the argument for reincarnation. For a young child to know about this obscure place, and a family and home with whom he has had no affiliation in this life time makes any other observation far less credible than simply accpeting that people do reincarnate.

The missing details about his father and his death could easily be from another intervening lifetime, especially if he was killed young enough not to have many memories of people or events that time. Most credible reports place adjacent lifetimes 4 to 20 years apart, not 40 to 60. What seems likely is that somewhere between he lived a very short life that ended with him and his father being killed in an autombile accident. Keep in mind that the idea of "looking both ways before crossing" applies just as much to a driver at an interesction as it does to a pedestrian.

Also, in my personal experience, earlier lifetimes don't always seem more distant, and there are still a few details of the past that I cannot assign, with certainty, to my previous life as opposed to the one before that.

It's hard to imagine how he felt upon seeing that house, but perhaps I will feel it myself if ever I can get back to that while L-Shaped wooden-frame house just outside of Winnipeg; I remember it so well.

...Rod

16. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    I agree. I often have trouble remembering some of my most recent lifetimes while having much greater depth of memory of lifetimes taking place 100s or even 1000s of years ago. The lives we recall and the amount we recall from each life probably is a reflection of how important that lifetime was to us overall. My more recent lives I died young so there's less to remember and they made less of an impact overall aside from the death.

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Here is a reminder to any UK members with Freeview, that the documentary discussed in this thread is repeated on Channel 36 (Five Life), tonight at 10pm (Monday 11th December)

Chris

18. Titus Rivas

Titus Rivas Senior Registered

Cameron and the reincarnation hypothesis

Hi DavidW,

Yesterday, I finally saw the Channel 5 production on Cameron Lamb alias Macauley (or Macaulay?) as he is called in the documentary, after a reseacher kindly sent me a DVD of it.

I agree that the case is paranormal, i.e. that it contains elements which simply cannot be explained away as coincidence.

The most mysterious part of the case is that Cameron implicitly claims to have been a member of the Robertsons, whereas Gillian claims that no member of her family died while they were staying in Barra.

I don't think this case serves as good educational material about children with memories of previous lives, as a layman could easily get the impression that past life memories are simply a special, bizarre kind of clairvoyance. Meaning that Cameron may give one the impression of having tuned in to a completely arbitrary family on a completely arbitrary island and simply made up an emotional story about it that contained several major errors.
    I personally believe that the reincarnation hypothesis for typical cases of the reincarnation type with paranormal information can be falsified by cases in which a child 'recalls' a life that is still going on while he talks about his 'memories'. But this case is not an example of such a hypothetical case. Cameron's case may be explained by memories of a previous life outside the Robertson family, or else by faulty (or even repressed) memories on the part of Gillian, and even by a third possibility. Suppose that Cameron was not recalling a previous physical life, but an intermediate state as a discarnate spirit that dwelled in the white house. I just read that this is what Dr. Tucker also considers a real possibility in this case.

In that case Cameron may have become attached to the Robertsons. His memories of the car accident could relate to a previous life in the flesh. Just speculating, but the important part is that this case does not pose a threat to the reincarnation hypothesis for paranormal CORTs. It would have, if he had mentioned the name of a Robertson who was still alive and if Cameron had showed remarkable personality traits of that particular Robertson. In other words, we may be quite relieved.

Titus

19. Carol

Carol Author

Titus,
    You made some good points. Since I still haven't seen the full video, I can't comment on what happened, or what was conclusive or inconclusive about the case.

It's so difficult to find verifiable cases in Western children (outside the same family) like the ones that Dr. Stevenson found in Asia. I'm still hopeful that more of these cases will emerge which might open Western minds to the possibility of reincarnation.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if the Cameron cases raises more questions than it answers. I look forward to any articles Jim Tucker might write about this case and his investigation of it.

And, as you pointed out, there have to be other paranormal explanations for how this child knew of this family and this island.

20. Titus Rivas

Titus Rivas Senior Registered

Thanks for your reaction, Carol.

I also look forward to anything Dr. Tucker might write about the case.

The Channel 5-program includes an account of the way Cameron came to his present mommy, namely that he fell through a hole. This seems to be compatible both with memories of a physical death and with memories of a transition from a discarnate state to reincarnation.

The James Leininger case seems to me to be a better example of a solved Western case. Another example of a particularly strong (fully) solved case in the West is that of Helmut Kraus, in Stevenson's European Cases of the Reincarnation Type.

Warm regards,

Titus