Boy Believes He Lived Before

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Midnight.Sapphires, Sep 14, 2006.

1. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Has any more research been done by Jim Tucker on this case? Has the identity of "Shane Robertson" been discovered? I would have thought that if Cameron's "other daddy", Shane Robertson, had been knocked down and killed by a car on the island of Barra in the early 1960's, there would have been an inquest into the death and the records of that inquest must still exist, if not on Barra, then on the Scottish mainland.

Of course, if Cameron was getting one past life memory of his life on Barra mixed up with another, it could be that the car accident didn't happen on Barra after all, but at another place and in another era. That would make it a lot more difficult to track down the details. But not impossible.

It's also strange that following the transmission of the programme on national television in 2006, no one came forward with information that could have solved the mystery. Perhaps the right person didn't see the programme.

2. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

I have been interested in this case ever since I saw the programme on TV and I have watched it again on YouTube several times. I agree that it throws up more questions than it answers, which is very frustrating. I wish we knew if the genealogist or Dr Tucker did an exhaustive search of the Robertson family tree for anyone who Cameron might have been.

Every time I watch, I get the feeling that there's more to this case than the programme revealed. For someone who devotes his time to thoroughly researching children's accounts of past lives, Dr Tucker just seemed too reconciled with the unsolved aspects of the case. I also felt that Gillian Robertson knew more than she was willing to talk about. If there was some tragedy in her extended family, such as the death of a relative and his son, it might well be something her family do not even discuss among themselves let alone in public. And if she firmly believes there is no such thing as reincarnation, then that would only add to her unwillingness to reveal what she may know.

A few observations and thoughts:

Gillian asked, "Was the car accident on Barra?" Did she ask this question because she was hoping Norma would say yes and thus rule out, in her mind, the possibility of Cameron being anything to do with a family member who might have died elsewhere as a result of some sort of accident involving a motor vehicle? Or did she ask it because she knew of some accident on Barra involving someone she knew.

Cameron stated that he lived in a white house with his mum and dad and three brothers and sisters. If the family he remembers, and is counting himself as one of, is the family of Gillian Robertson, then Cameron is spot on because there appear to have been four children - Gillian, Caryl, William and Angus.

The genealogist, when speaking of Gillian, told Cameron's mum, "She has two brothers and a daughter." Did the genealogist mean to say two brothers and a sister or did she mean what she said? If the latter, was this because she had ascertained that Caryl was deceased? Later the voice over mentions that Norma now has a name and telephone number for a living member of the Robertson family. This could be taken to mean that at the time they made the programme no other member of that family was still living. In which case, Cameron could have been any of Gillian's three siblings. Gillian appears to be in her fifties and if one or more of her three siblings are dead, he/she/they must have passed on much younger than average thus making at least one death by accident more likely than natural causes.

If Gillian's two brothers and sister were still alive, why did the programme makers not seek them out via Gillian? They might have remembered playing with a little boy on the island who wasn't a family member but who spent a happy summer with them. Perhaps they were contacted and didn't wish to be involved, or perhaps they were indeed dead,

When Gillian was asked by Norma if a child had passed away in her family. Gillian stated, "No, certainly there were no deaths of children in that close family." But that doesn't rule out someone in her more extended family or the death of young adults. Either way, I find it strange that she referred to her own immediate family as "that family." especially when, only a few seconds earlier she twice referred to them as "our family". It suggests to me that at that point she was unconsciously distancing herself from her family. Why? Could it be because of something emotionally painful such as the death of one or more siblings as youngish adults perhaps.

continued below......

3. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

Cameron told his mother that he didn't expect to see his dad on Barra because he was dead and Norma stated that Cameron had said, "My real Barra dad didn't look left and right." However, as already mentioned, Cameron also claimed that he lived at the house with his mum and dad and three brothers and sisters. This appears to be a contradiction if his dad was dead and why did Cameron refer to his father as his real dad? Was he simply differentiating bewteen his Barra dad and his present father or could it mean that his "real Barra dad" was not the same man as Gillian's father? This Shane Robertson might have been someone who married into the Robertson famly with either a name Cameron has muddled up such as Robert McShane or by coincidence, had the same surname (Robertson is a very common name in Scotland) or a similar one such as Roberts or Robinson. Could Gillian's mother have married twice? If her first husband died leaving her with a small child, she may have married again quite quickly and then had further children. Her first child may not have had the surname Robertson but acquired that name from his stepfather.

The black and white dog apparently belonged to Callum and Peggy who lived at the house. The way Gillian referred to them suggests to me that they may have been in the Robertson's employ rather than relatives. They might have been paid to look after the house for the family and lived in part of it themselves all the year round.. They look old enough to be the children's grandparents and in one photo there is a younger woman with Peggy and the dog. Is that Elizabeth Robertson (Gillian's mother) or someone connected with Callum and Peggy? Might they have had a relative called Shane who left a young child and grieving wife and might they have looked after that child for x amount of time at that house on Barra, including at least one summer when Gillian's family stayed there? If the younger woman in that photo is a daughter or niece of Callum and Peggy, she might have been Cameron's Barra mum who went to live with them when her husband died or who visited, together with her child, from time to time.

One of the photos shown is of nine people. The photo is not clear but one can make out Callum and Peggy, what appear to be two young boys in the foreground, two teenagers lying on their stomachs (one, judging by the size of the feet, is likely to be a boy), a person who looks to be a barechested man (I can always spot one of those a mile off :D ) is standing in the background talking to Peggy and there are two women seated. If we assume that the man in the background and one of the seated women are William and Elizabeth Robertson (Gillian's parents) and that the two teenagers are the eldest son William and Gillian, where is Caryl and who is the second younger boy? Even if the teenagers are Gillian and Caryl and the two boys are William and Angus, there is this other woman seated and, of course, a tenth person whom we cannot see who was taking the photo. What I'm saying is that that one photo indicates that it wasn't just Gillian, her siblings and parents who spent summers at that house, there were other people, relatives or otherwise, who could have had, at some time, a child with them.

Angelcat :)

fireflydancing likes this.
  4. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Wow Angelcat, very well-thought out! :thumbsup: I would love to know more about this case and you've brought up some good questions. I'd love to know the answers, or know if anyone out there has the answers.

5. frl.elisabeth

frl.elisabeth New Member

I watched the videos on youtube several times and I also think that a lot more research should be done.

does anyone of you know if jim tucker is still working on that case?i cant find information about it only some infos about the

documentary.

this Gillian seemed not to be very cooperative...

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi frl.elisabeth

There hasn't been any updates since Cameron's story was made public nearly four years ago. I don't think he remembered much more after he visited that island.

7. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

I would like to share that there seem to be some clues to Cameron´s identity that weren´t known at the time of this discussion: I am currently reading "Things you can do when you are dead" by Tricia Robertson who is a memeber of the Scottish Society of Parapsychological Research (a very good read, by the way, I highly recommend it) and she, living in Glasgow/Scottland carried out some follow-up research. It seems that the house was frequently occupied by caretakers who also seemed to have a number of children. Actually, the photo in which you can see the black and wight dog shows a lot of children some of them were children of the caretakers. In this context it would make sense that Cameron said that he "was part" or "belonged" (I need to look it up) to the Robertson family...I will try to contact the society as I have no contact information for Tricia Robertson and ask if they are going to publish a paper once further information is obtained...

8. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

That would be interesting. When the Robertson family member stated there was no one named Sean who was struck and killed by an auto I thought it should be possible to research and find a news story that matched what Cameron was saying.

9. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Yesterday, I was able to contact Mrs. Tricia Robertson directly via facebook and she was so kind to inform me that she was not able to trace the caretaker family but that she hopes someone reading the book might be helpful. So maybe, if anyone on this forum (and I know that there are people that already helped members here to find information about their past life-selves, gifted researchers!) lives in Glasgow or elsewhere in Scottland she or he could help gather information? This case is a strong one, the only immense flaw lies in the lack of a matching person...

10. Sally

Sally New Member

Hi there. Joined the site 2mins ago, searched for people interested in Cameron McCauley's Past Life memories of Barra. This will greatly surprise you but Im also in Glasgow & Past Life linked to the surname Robertson & to Barra; The cottage I've been led (by a stranger who approached me as I sat in my van one afternoon, leaned in & spoke of a Wedding Invitation) is on Barra and is also a white cottage with rock pools, within sight of the planes landing on the beach. If you'd like to know more, feel free to get in touch.

briski likes this.
  11. briski

briski Senior Registered

Hi Sally welcome to the forum.
    How are you connected in all of this? im interested in hearing more

12. Sally

Sally New Member

March 14 this year, Im curious about an IP pin which mysteriously places me in Maryhill at a location I've never been to in my life. I drop to Streetview and look around,....then I look at the house and all of a sudden I think - "Scissors & String!!!!" I asked her for scissors and string so I could attach something to the driveway gates!? Hang on - we used to climb through a gap in the wire fencing, clamber down the Embankment and cross the railway line. How do I know the name Sandbank St??? Oh! Lyndale Place, the bridge - OMG - well by the time I remembered TWO SHEDS! I was almost vomitting with excitement. Memories seemed to be pouring out of me and they felt kinda wierd. Like you were looking at yourself through a thin voile. I truly cannot write down here everything as there is way too much but essentially I am very sure that my Past Life is connected to Cameron McCauleys. I'm going to be very smug if the family had a dog with a poncy 3-syllable name like Marmaduke. Years ago I woke and was lying in bed with my eyes open when I suddenly experienced a sensory memory of being run over! Some years later a total stranger (never seen before, never seen since) approached my work van, leaned in at the open window & to my surprse said "I got the wedding invitation thanks, I picked it up at No._" I didn't know him or which address he was talking about, I thought he had me confused with someone else, until this year when on March 14 (a significant Historical Date given who I remember visiting with my friend, a Mrs Johnston at 11/13 Kilmun St which was of course fully destroyed in The Clydebank Blitz making it rather hard for me to have visited her after that year. The BLITZ began on which night? March 14 1941); What I soon realised with a certain amount of emotional shock was that Past Life memories were being unlocked & I suddenly found myself significantly linked to Barra and to a family in Maryhill whose house I remember living at and who, according to 1930-60 GPS Directories were called Robertsons. I now have two sets of Childhood Memories which I can tell you is a wierd Dr Whoey feeling. What I don't believe is that "all this" is really a matter for public consumption in a sense that there's something very Personal about this & nobody whose smart wants to be turned into "A Case" so I'll be sharing info but choosing my words carefully. The Barra property I'm linked to is also a white cottage (attic converted to 2 levels after 1960 I think) with rockpools & sight of the beach the planes land on. Cameron's now a young man with no need for disturbance to his peace of mind so I'll be dealing with my memories & what I may have to do about things, mostly by myself and ask anyone reading this to RESPECT my wish not to end up in a fricking newspaper article. It's clearly not because I want to shut others out, but because, until you have a solid footing of certainty it's better not to invite potentially antagonistic commentary.

I immediately remembered hiding something for safekeeping in the garden
    . I know exactly where it is & I don't think anyone else would find it if they seached for years. I know where a hiding place for a special? house key is, I know there's something lost in a grass verge on Barra and something else is hidden? inside a shed. I know of an unidentified item stashed in an outbuilding also on Barra. I know of a 1935? Gas Explosion in Maryhill & suspected connectivity with my mother from this life (d. 2012) who I believe was also close to me in that life. I've also very recently found a 1940s? photo of schoolkids with a lad who's the spitting image of 6yr old Cameron McCauley; He's standing beside the only child bearing very close resemblance to one of my closest relatives, the same one I've already told Norma that Cameron is growing up to look a lot like. A coincidence too far for me. Cameron did say he was called Cameron in that last lifetime, BMD shows a REV Arthur Cameron Robertson born 1937. He also said his parents read to him from The Bible. Perhaps back then at the same age he looked exactly like he does today. Even as I consider the possibility of a Church Minister connection to a wedding, I know that I too am destined to visit Barra......but definitely minus the film crew!

KenJ and briski like this.