Calm out of Chaos

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I am wondering if others are noticing the good changes in Mother Earth, the shift in peoples thinking about life, and others. It feels like Christmas day - when the world is at Peace - for 24 hours. Our world moves at a fast pace - even in third world countries. Chaos rules. But there is a calm we are forced to face in these Lock Down days.

I am wondering others thoughts on this. There are good scientific articles that reinforce what we focus on creates and I hope others bring some up. If not I will. Perhaps this is a second chance for our generation to get it right. As the air clears, animals come out of hiding, traffic stops. No airplanes in the sky (very little) and we help each other.

I have an underlying autoimmune disorder, so I should be scared, worried, have anxiety. But if I look at it as the Earth healing herself, those who are lost in the pandemic will be back; maybe - just maybe this is our second chance.

tanker, Jim78, Scavenger and 5 others like this.
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I would call it ANOTHER chance rather than second chance. It's not the first time a major crisis forces us to reconsider our way of living. This has happened already, and more than once.
    Let's hope we'll do better this time.

tanker, fireflydancing and Li-la like this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Very true. I agree.

4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Deborah,

Well, something will come out of the chaos, and it will be more "settled" than things are at present, but perhaps not more settled than during some other periods in the last century. There may also be a paradigm shift for many. However, I doubt that this shift will represent a major change for most at a "spiritual" level. At a geopolitical level = definitely.

We've seen that happen already after 9/11, but things otherwise move on pretty much as before with new precautions to try and stifle and protect against the ever-present danger of terrorism. We'll see new precautions after this pandemic in terms of disease transmission, especially transmission across international boundaries. Also, many are very disturbed by the fact that we have to rely on foreign sources--especially unfriendly foreign sources--for vital equipment and supplies at a time like this. So, there will be more pressure to bring certain "vital" industries home.

Outside of these changes and others like them, I don't see a sudden turning away from the materialism that governs world affairs and most people's lives at present. I wish I could say that was true, but . . .

On the other hand, for some it may be the spur needed to reorient away from the materialist world view and embrace a more spiritual approach to life. We can always hope.

Cordially,
    S&S

Scavenger and Carloloner like this.
  5. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I have the same thoughts about it SeaAndSky. Unfortunately I don't think the world will change that much. But maybe 2020 is where the 21th century really starts. Just like how WWI was the true end of the 19th century (referring to old empires, mentality, warfare, etc).
    It feels like the consumer society that started to escalate around the 1960s eventually reached a turning point now. There should be big changes, maybe a new era is knocking on our doors, but sadly I don't think it's the age that would demolish materialism...
    But as Deborah wrote, it's great that Earth can finally take a breath, even if it's only temporary. And I'm also sure many people started to turn inwards and appreciate new things in life. Our patience and fear tolerance are tested too. I also started to worry less since the end of March. I no longer feel the need to read about the pandemic 20 times a day. But I must say everything is easier in this solitude when I still have a home, a job and the people closest to me are still safe...

6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Scavenger,

I think this is a really great point. As you say, WWI was the end of the old system and truly marked the beginning of the 20th century. You could very well be right about the Coronavirus pandemic marking the end of the system of things that has grown up since then. I can't say what that means yet, but I am sure that it is going to mean that a massive amount of change is in store. As with WWI, some of this will be relatively immediate, and some will take a few decades to come to pass, but what will be in place by the end of this century will almost certainly be radically different from the current system of things.

Cordially,
    S&S

Scavenger likes this.
  7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  8. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.